Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Dickeye posted:

Descendents

How did this not mention Descendents

Because you mentioned them earlier...?

And Corbet, if you like Dillinger Four, basically just head over to The Fest website and tool around with the bands there. I recommend Dear Landlord, Off With Their Heads, and The Menzingers for D4 aficionados.

gerfatty fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 17, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

To the guy earlier: Yes, please come in the thread and show us what "Real" metalcore us. We are all dying to know. :rolleye:

There is real, good, metalcore, and it's not being talked about at all in the thread. Be ignorant if you want but that thread is the equivalent of a rap thread where all that's discussed is vanilla ice and mc hammer.

Pantalones! fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 17, 2009

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gerfatty posted:

Because you mentioned them earlier...?

And Corbet, if you like Dillinger Four, basically just head over to The Fest website and tool around with the bands there. I recommend Dear Landlord, Off With Their Heads, and The Menzingers for D4 aficionados.

shut up i forgot

also check out banner pilot and gateway district

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Pantalones! posted:

There is real, good, metalcore, and it's not being talked about at all in the thread. Be ignorant if you want but that thread is the equivalent of a rap thread where all that's discussed is vanilla ice and mc hammer.

Drop us some knowledge motherfucker.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

To the guy earlier: Yes, please come in the thread and show us what "Real" metalcore us. We are all dying to know. :rolleye:

seeing as you're posting about set your goals in it I don't see much point trying to teach a kid in a canoe how to navigate a loving ocean

the PHIZ megathread actually talks about metalcore (rather than your thread which just seems to discuss every metal band that turned up after nu-metal died)

p.s. you have X's in your name but your posting history has you contributing a fair bit to the opiate and weed megathreads in TCC lol

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Well, that would be because I am not straight edge, I just like x'es. Lol.

And believe me I know "Real" music, I was actually into all of these bands you consider "real" (my favorite band in 7th grade was Crass) before I got into Set Your Goals or Four Year Strong or even these "Fake" metalcore bands. Believe it or not, some people actually enjoy this music, and are aware of all kinds of music, despite what your preconceived notions would have you believe.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Well, that would be because I am not straight edge, I just like x'es. Lol.

And believe me I know "Real" music, I was actually into all of these bands you consider "real" (my favorite band in 7th grade was Crass) before I got into Set Your Goals or Four Year Strong or even these "Fake" metalcore bands. Believe it or not, some people actually enjoy this music, and are aware of all kinds of music, despite what your preconceived notions would have you believe.

Please point out where I said what they are listening to is not good or "real"? I've merely maintained that they are mislabelling the bands, for fucks sake I love SYG but discussing them in a thread about metalcore isn't the loving place to do it.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Well, you see, that thread is particularly concerned with the -core bands and scene that was, pretty much, rejected by this thread. So while you may not see much in common with Emarosa, Set Your Goals, and Parkway Drive, they probably aren't worthy of their own individual threads/genre threads and there happens to be a correlation between people who like them, at least I think so. Maybe not :) Either way, I don't really think anything needs to be done as long as everyone just stays generally respectful

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Most Precious Blood. :colbert:

Best memory of random shows when I lived in the bay area. My friend's band (Break Cadence, had to do some googling to remember that haha) opened for MPB so I went to go see them and Davey Havok was there in the front singing along to every MPB song looking like :911:

EDIT: gently caress! So pissed that I have plans to be in Santa Barbara this weekend. Sat night at the Gilman 7Gen/Die Young/The Separation/Abandon/Lockstep/Pussy Whipped. Such a good lineup. And 7Gen's last northern CA show and Die Young's last West Coast show. I never got to see them :(

rivals fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 18, 2009

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Well, you see, that thread is particularly concerned with the -core bands and scene that was, pretty much, rejected by this thread. So while you may not see much in common with Emarosa, Set Your Goals, and Parkway Drive, they probably aren't worthy of their own individual threads/genre threads and there happens to be a correlation between people who like them, at least I think so. Maybe not :) Either way, I don't really think anything needs to be done as long as everyone just stays generally respectful

If some idiot wants to call a brick a duck then that's their right, but there is no way in hell I'm gonna be respectful and not laugh.

And you'll happen to notice that I kept it within here and that it was you and others that barrelled into here with your panties in a twist.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..
Oh no he's off probation and posting in this thread again.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Well I probably couldn't post in this thread if i was on probation :/

edit: and you said you were thinking about going in that thread, anyway I really think I have a valid point and some bands discussed in the thread are legitimately metalcore

x TOMMYBOY x fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 18, 2009

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Pantalones! posted:

Actually it's more like the equivalent of a rap thread where the only thing being talked about is Omarion, Sean Kingston, and Chris Brown. The music is a semi-related bastard child of the music the thread is supposed to be about, and people who are actually fans of the crap are so commerical that they fail to realize the genre's anti-authoritarian roots.

Case and point: I saw a post on the last page of the thread about Whitechapel. Not only are they really bad, but they don't even come close to metalcore or grindcore and they shamelessly promote their commercial sponsors...

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
Whitechapel is an example of Deathcore, which thankfully falls under that threads purview. They are also awful.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

beth-sama posted:

Lightning Bolt today. (wowzzers)

Im so insanely loving jealous. They dont really need to be in this thread but they are loving amazing.

Anyway, lets quit the bitching at each other and talk about other poo poo. Was anyone able to make it to This is Hardcore this year?

edit: There is new info about Converges new album "Axe to Fall" up at here

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Smartest thing I did in Japan so far: Buy an A.T. Det 7" (loving killer record)
Dumbest thing I did in Japan so far: Buy an A.T. Det 7" (it was roughly $200)

Chelsea memorial gig left me speechless. Paintbox was easily the greatest live band I have ever seen.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
edit: gently caress it its all good
editedit: i am not a broken clock :(

x TOMMYBOY x fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 18, 2009

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

edit: and you said you were thinking about going in that thread, anyway I really think I have a valid point and some bands discussed in the thread are legitimately metalcore

"don't criticise that broken clock, it's right twice a day"

anyway back to mocking someone who spent $200 on a 7"...

speaking of japan in an old version of this thread someone described the massively difficult process of ordering a discography of a japanese band that everyone here raved about, I got linked to a video of that band and part of the performance had the singer throwing a ton of an incredibly rare vinyl release of theirs into the crowd.

It was awesome and I forget who they were, my knowledge of Japanese bands is terrible.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Competition posted:

speaking of japan in an old version of this thread someone described the massively difficult process of ordering a discography of a japanese band that everyone here raved about, I got linked to a video of that band and part of the performance had the singer throwing a ton of an incredibly rare vinyl release of theirs into the crowd.

It was awesome and I forget who they were, my knowledge of Japanese bands is terrible.

Systematic Death. That 7" was released for that gig and that's how they were all distributed; thrown into the crowd at the start of their set.

Anyway, I don't mind paying big bucks for records that command those prices (the above mentioned record is definitely one of those). In reality, most of the other rare Japanese records I've picked up here have been much cheaper than their common ebay prices. The highest priced records I've seen here have actually been old European HC records, oddly enough.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Systematic Death. That 7" was released for that gig and that's how they were all distributed; thrown into the crowd at the start of their set.

The Mongoloids did the same thing with a Get Down 7" at the Boston Edge Day show in 2007, which is like the same thing right?!?!?!?

sowingseason
Oct 26, 2007
watch the things you gave your life to broken, stoop and build them up
what's the best Go It Alone record?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Vancouver Gold followed by The Only Blood Between Us followed by the disappointment that was Histories or whatever.

Also, despite living in the middle of nowhere basically, The Get Up Kids are playing here in September. gently caress YES. Not hardcore obviously but gently caress it.

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time
So Converge have a new song on their myspace and I believe it just melted my face clean off.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Izzy Mandelbaum posted:

So Converge have a new song on their myspace and I believe it just melted my face clean off.

god damnit I came here after I got home from work knowing I had to post something and forgot what it was, and then I remember and I get beaten to the fact :(

but yeah, song owns hard, can't wait for that album to drop

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

rivals posted:

Also, despite living in the middle of nowhere basically, The Get Up Kids are playing here in September. gently caress YES. Not hardcore obviously but gently caress it.

Get up kids rule and because I didn't have a twitter I missed them playing a 150 person venue that's a 5 min drive from my house.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Such a bummer :( In other news more skramz tattoos today. I'll have a pic as soon as I can get some lotion from the store and remove the bandage.

EDIT: Picture!

rivals fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 19, 2009

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

Izzy Mandelbaum posted:

If I wouldnt get probated I would empty quote this a million times.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.

Corbet posted:

I'm looking to get into some more pop punk/hardcore music - does anyone have any recommendations?

If you're looking for a pop punk/hardcore combo then A Day to Remember is hard to beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A7UjrZnOuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGTvxm4mcQ4

Ghost Boner
Jul 6, 2009
Any Goons down-under seen the line-up for Soundwave 2010? I went last year and enjoed it, and I'm pretty excited for some of the line-up, but I've heard the ticket price is going to be around $179.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..
I may be the only one not impressed by the new Converge.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

Ghost Boner posted:

Any Goons down-under seen the line-up for Soundwave 2010? I went last year and enjoed it, and I'm pretty excited for some of the line-up, but I've heard the ticket price is going to be around $179.

Wow, I just looked this up and there is one band on that that is worth seeing (The Get Up Kids and maybe Baroness).

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008

Serious Michael posted:

If you're looking for a pop punk/hardcore combo then A Day to Remember is hard to beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A7UjrZnOuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGTvxm4mcQ4

That's just goofy as gently caress. I don't know if it was the autotune or RJ's fat rear end, but I couldn't stop laughing the whole way through. Seriously, what the hell does that have to do with pop punk, or hardcore?

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

Sharon is Karen posted:

That's just goofy as gently caress. I don't know if it was the autotune or RJ's fat rear end, but I couldn't stop laughing the whole way through. Seriously, what the hell does that have to do with pop punk, or hardcore?

well for one its supposed to be a joke, and maybe im wrong but i dont think he is using autotune?

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004
Hi all,

We've just recorded a new track that we're releasing on a split for our tour with our friends in Brisbane band, Willows. It's called "It doesn't take rocket appliances", and you can have a listen on our myspace - http://www.myspace.com/lightsleeperband.

It's a bit different than the stuff from our demo. I'd love to hear what you guys think. Thanks.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

albear posted:

Pretty much yea.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

rivals posted:

should I see sunny day real estate next month y/n

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

The obvious answer is only if they play Diary in its entirety.

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

albear posted:

No man, I'm totally with you on this one. poo poo is stupid.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

albear posted:

nope, I mean I'm not too too into Converge in the first place, but it sounds like Dragonforce or something at the very beginning. Gross...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Dragonforce? Really? I mean, its a metallic riff, but these guys have been playing extreme metal for a while and you have to try new things