Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

wrong thread

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 15, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

still the wrong thread! :arghfist:

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 15, 2009

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Holy loving poo poo, am I in the wrong place!!!!! :bang:

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 15, 2009

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Davros1 posted:

"Jeff Hardy is a different human being"

Truer words have never been spoken

you're in the wrong thread dude

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

grody but still def posted:

It was 100% shoot.

It was 75% shoot. Once Bart Gunn beat Dr. Death, who was supposed to win, they realized they hosed up. They then made it a work and had Bart win.

DominatedOhSix
Sep 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl
is William Regal the dude in the elevator on some commercial for gum that is all like "friend request accepted"?

Brickhouse Betty
Sep 11, 2001

Well well well

WeaselWeaz posted:

It was 75% shoot. Once Bart Gunn beat Dr. Death, who was supposed to win, they realized they hosed up. They then made it a work and had Bart win.

Bart Gunn won? I thought for sure I remembered him going down in like ten seconds against Butterbean.

Or was that the prize? Punch all these guys in the face, and then you get to fight loving Butterbean? Jesus, I can see why Dr. Death would take a dive.

edit: Just looked it up on Wikipedia. Apparently the winner DID win a fight with Butterbean. Talk about a loving booby prize.

Brickhouse Betty fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 15, 2009

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Brickhouse Betty posted:

Bart Gunn won? I thought for sure I remembered him going down in like ten seconds against Butterbean.

Or was that the prize? Punch all these guys in the face, and then you get to fight loving Butterbean? Jesus, I can see why Dr. Death would take a dive.

edit: Just looked it up on Wikipedia. Apparently the winner DID win a fight with Butterbean. Talk about a loving booby prize.

Bart Gunn won in like October, had exactly 2 matches after that, and was then brought back as a special attraction at WrestleMania against Butterbean. It is more likely that they booked the Butterbean match-up after Bart won than before.

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes
it was to punish him for making dr. death look bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Brickhouse Betty posted:

The prize was an exhibition/freakshow match at Wrestlemania and a big corresponding payday, everyone involved knew what they were getting into.

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
The amount of disrespect shown towards Married With Children in this thread is sickening.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn
I would decry Married with Children as being juvenile sexist garbage meant to appeal to the sense of humor and intellect of the lowest common denominator of American Society but then I realized this is a forum discussing Pro Wrestling

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Al! WCW Nitro is on!
Um, no Peg.
*Flips to WWF Raw*

(This is shown in 2005 because Vince is so out of touch.)

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

WeaselWeaz posted:

I have never ever heard this. Anywhere.

And it's also retarded. If it were a work after Bart had won, don't you think they would have picked someone else? Anyone else? Someone who isn't BART GUNN?

Regardless, it was loving stupid. They were trying to get Dr. Death, a guy who could do real wrestling, over. So they book a SHOOT tournament where you box :psypop:

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 15, 2009

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

nyratk1 posted:

As evidenced by Dr. Death going down and having his WWE career flushed down the drain

Don't forget Brakkus

"Ohh look at me, I am a huge scary looking guy and my vignettes make me look like a steroid fueled monster. The WWF surely has big plans for me!"

"Whoops, just got my rear end kicked by tiny little Savio Vega and now my career is over since I lost all credibility"

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Captain Charisma posted:

Regardless, it was loving stupid. They were trying to get Dr. Death, a guy who could do real wrestling, over. So they book a SHOOT tournament where you box :psypop:

Odd that Marc Mero didn't do better, considering this.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Axissillian posted:

I would decry Married with Children as being juvenile sexist garbage meant to appeal to the sense of humor and intellect of the lowest common denominator of American Society but then I realized this is a forum discussing Pro Wrestling

So what you're saying is basically that it's incredibly funny and for a comedy, that's completely unacceptable.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

CombineThresher posted:

Odd that Marc Mero didn't do better, considering this.

That was the best part, Marc Mero was billed as a champion boxer and he goes out there and throws endless hay makers.

Brawl for All owned.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Axissillian posted:

It appears that way, but underneath its a pretty good satire on the average American family. It's a hell of a lot more honest and funny than the Simpsons or any other show of its type. (I'm too young to remember All In The Family)

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Carlton Banks posted:

"Whoops, just got my rear end kicked by tiny little Savio Vega"

Did he ever!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

We do not discuss Brawl for All. We are bothered by it. It was a sham.

<---:colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Will there be a Nitro tomorrow instead of the TNA ppv?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Will there be a Nitro tomorrow instead of the TNA ppv?

I will provide an alternative, though I suspect there'll be a larger than usual trainwreck audience for the PPV this month.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I will provide an alternative, though I suspect there'll be a larger than usual trainwreck audience for the PPV this month.
I'm so sorry.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Didn't Brawl for All have several injuries result from the matches?

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
According to wikipedia (so as always, take this with a pinch of salt)

quote:

The tournament also resulted in a number of legitimate injuries -- Steve Blackman and Road Warrior Hawk were unable to work in usual WWF capacities for a while after. Savio Vega aggravated an old arm injury and would never work for WWF again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_Brawl_for_All

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
What's the deal with the whole "Heyman Hustle" website? Did Paul E start it himself or what?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

triplexpac posted:

What's the deal with the whole "Heyman Hustle" website? Did Paul E start it himself or what?

Part of the UK Sun, innit?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Where did "CAN YOU FEEL YER TOWS?!" come from? I vaguely remember, but it escapes me at the moment.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Where did "CAN YOU FEEL YER TOWS?!" come from? I vaguely remember, but it escapes me at the moment.

Edge got thrown off the RAW stage or something a few years ago and one of the EMT guys was this guy who sounded like a cabbie from the bronx and he said "Can ya feel your toes?" It was pretty funny.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DM Punk posted:

Edge got thrown off the RAW stage or something a few years ago and one of the EMT guys was this guy who sounded like a cabbie from the bronx and he said "Can ya feel your toes?" It was pretty funny.

To be honest it's a legit question you ask and they pretty much do it all the time. I also thought the "CAN YA FEEL YER TOES?!" came from when the stage collapsed on Vince and he started shouting "PAUL! PAUL!"

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

DM Punk posted:

I remember the EMT being a fat black woman for some reason

Edit: And I'd further swear that she said 'can ya MOVE ya toes'

Supreme Allah fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 19, 2009

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Supreme Allah posted:

I remember the EMT being a fat black woman for some reason
And I remember a fat, toothless white woman.

Can ya feel yah toes?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

To be honest it's a legit question you ask and they pretty much do it all the time. I also thought the "CAN YA FEEL YER TOES?!" came from when the stage collapsed on Vince and he started shouting "PAUL! PAUL!"

I know it's a legit question, and I'd imagine if the person actually answered "No" it'd be super-:smith: but for some reason when we type it out like that it makes me laugh every loving time.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
What was the single most hilarious "Dramatic Announcer Voice" moment ever? For me, it would have to be when Goldust got electrocuted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6YmHJFhr5A

Listen close for the lone voice in the crowd shouting "GOLDUST!" :ohdear:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

When was the Show/Bourne match that Kofi commented on, and is there a gif of the insane kick that happened after the match?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

SamuraiFoochs posted:

For clarification's sake, the first time it happened was when Matt Hardy gave Edge a side effect off the stage onto "electrical equipment." This was during Matt's reinstatement into the WWE after the Lita deal.

Which by the way made this awful promo possible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb6pShbG4vA.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

What was the tag-team that had Andre, Earthquake/Tugboat, Akeem (or some other big-man combination) wearing black singlets and lucha masks?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Jagtpanther posted:

What was the tag-team that had Andre, Earthquake/Tugboat, Akeem (or some other big-man combination) wearing black singlets and lucha masks?

The Machines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jagtpanther posted:

The Machines

They were from THE ORIENT!