Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Spooky Man G posted:

E-mail sent!

Sorry, moved this weekend, so I've been a bit out of touch. I think I've caught up on my email, let me know if you didn't get a reply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
My experience: 6 years online content development, 2 years network admin. 1 yr DC/support tech.

What I'm looking for: I took a year off after getting laid off & went back to school; now I'm finishing up various certs. I suppose the most I can ask for is some kind of entry-level help desk or network cabling job.

What I'm NOT looking for: Nothing server-hardware related -- no more RAM swapping or RAID configuration for me, please.

Where I'm looking: New York City area. Also willing to do Long Island & northern NJ.

Requirements: Considering I'm still getting my feet wet in IT, I'm willing to work cheap so contact me & we can discuss it.

Can be reached via: this thread, or at jonny.monolith@gmail.com

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

ragzilla posted:

Looking to hire 3 people in the Indianapolis, IN area

Who we are: LightBound/IQuest, a local ISP/Telco.

If you're interested, submit a resume to jobs at lightbound.net
(I'm not directly involved in hiring, but if you have any other questions my AIM/ICQ are in my profile)

Apparently employment@ was bouncing so if you got a bounceback from that, try resending to jobs@. Sorry about that!

orngwip
Nov 22, 2005

Poops McGee posted:

Who we are: Secureworks Inc.

Where we are: Chicago, Atlanta, Myrtle Beach, SC and Providence, RI.

Job Title: Security Analyst

Requirements:
* Significant experience with Linux, TCP/IP, UNIX, NT, IP Routing
* Firm understanding of regular expressions
* Understanding of database structure and queries
* Understanding of basic network services, vulnerabilities and attacks
* Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
* Customer Service background and good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to maintain focus while performing in depth log analysis
* Attention to detail and great organizational skills
* Good interpersonal, and organizational skills, as well as phone and customer service skills
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.

If you think you are a good match or unsure PM or email me. We are looking for other positions too which you can find below. However, if you are interested in becoming an analyst I can have your stuff looked at and an interview setup ASAP! Either way, contact me and I will get you HOOKED UP.

Please feel free to send me any questions.

http://www.secureworks.com/company/career/

Nice. I know a bunch of people that came from SW and a few that still work there in ATL. SW is a good company and the experience that my friends obtained has really helped their careers. Part of me wished I had taken the security route instead of SAN/Backup/DR, as it seems like a lot more fun.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring. I'm currently employed but looking for something in Philadelphia. I just bought a house in South Philly and the commute to King of Prussia sucks dick. Center city would be the best.

My experience: I have 10 years of linux experience in both a personal and professional capacity. I'm currently a linux systems administrator working with all kinds of fun stuff including Apache, F5 BigIP devices, Weblogic Server, WebSphere MQ, Nagios and Tripwire in a large (500+ servers) high-availability (24x7, no downtime) environment.

I have experience writing and maintaining scripts written in bash, perl and python as well as the ability to comprehend java. I also have java performance tuning and profiling experience and am not wholly unfamiliar with WLST, JRockit Mission Control, and jManage for gathering meaningful information for alerting and reporting purposes from mbeans.

What I'm looking for: A senior level systems administrator/engineer or architect position.

What I'm NOT looking for: Anything first tier.

Where I'm looking: Close to center city Philadelphia. If the job is great I'd consider driving a few miles or taking the train if I can easily get to your office from a regional rail stop. No more I-76.

Requirements: $80k+, Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k.

Can be reached via: private message or AIM in profile

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 1, 2009

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I started to sit down and do some real job searching again last night, without too much success, but I only just started. I did, however, come across an interesting listing on dice. The company name was withheld, but claimed to be a Fortune 50 company (that's a 5-0) in the same city I'm currently residing in (outside Dallas).

They want 30 people for support technicians, sr support technicians, and team leads, paying between $15-30/hr depending on position and experience. That could be a pretty decent raise over what I'm making right now, and I totally meet every single qualification they're looking for. Unfortunately, the listing was posted about a month ago, and the start date listed was a couple weeks back, so I don't know if I have a shot. I'll keep my fingers crossed! :ohdear:

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

brc64 posted:

I started to sit down and do some real job searching again last night, without too much success, but I only just started. I did, however, come across an interesting listing on dice. The company name was withheld, but claimed to be a Fortune 50 company (that's a 5-0) in the same city I'm currently residing in (outside Dallas).

They want 30 people for support technicians, sr support technicians, and team leads, paying between $15-30/hr depending on position and experience. That could be a pretty decent raise over what I'm making right now, and I totally meet every single qualification they're looking for. Unfortunately, the listing was posted about a month ago, and the start date listed was a couple weeks back, so I don't know if I have a shot. I'll keep my fingers crossed! :ohdear:

Exxon Mobil?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Apr 27, 2010

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug
My experience: 7 years of IT, 3 as a system/network admin in a small office(~50 PCs), windows and linux, etc. I've been self-employed for the last 3 years as a landman/IT guy, and the economy has killed that off pretty good.
What I'm looking for: Network/system admin, network security stuff would be fun(I learn fast, but don't have much experience with it)
What I'm NOT looking for: I'm pretty open, as long as I can make money
Where I live: Baton Rouge, LA
Where I'm looking: In/near Baton Rouge
When I can start: Now.
Requirements: Decent pay
Can be reached via: PM, AIM in profile

Jazzahn
Jul 3, 2007

Did you just say awesome?
My experience: 3 years supporting Windows-based networks for a medium sized (200 user) offices, 1 year of business-to-business consulting. CompTIA A+ Certified (for what its worth)
What I'm looking for: A more professional IT department with room for growth and new things to learn. Also competitive pay.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk
Where I live: Southcoast, MA area
Where I'm looking: Boston, MA/Southcoast, MA area/Providence, RI area
When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer
Requirements: Health insurance is a must
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, jon.whalley@gmail.com

LordKain
Oct 8, 2006

Reviving this, as I've just been laid off.

My experience: Working on AAS in Comp Info Systems (est grad date June/July 2010), 6-9 months as a Technician Assistant supporting an elementary school (XP and Novell based), 1 year 2 months at Comcast working in the tech support call center for Internet and CDV services (2K/XP/Vista/OX9/OSX supported), 1 year 9 months at a small company doing software testing, 1 month at Flagstar doing internal/external PC and software support
What I'm looking for: An IT career in any industry with room to grow, learn, and advance
What I'm NOT looking for: Part time or entry level
Where I live: West Bloomfield, MI
Where I'm looking: Within 30 miles preferred, no relocating
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: Competitive pay scale, usual benefits, affordable health insurance would be nice
Can be reached via: PM, or better yet patrickwhite.jobsearch@gmail.com

Just make sure if you email you tag GOON onto it, so I know it's not garbage. Also, I have a more indepth resume on request to give a better idea of what I've worked with/

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
e: n/m

Cavepimp fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 14, 2009

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Cavepimp posted:

Just wanted to mention that we're still looking for a few more people/companies right now.

Not trying to threadshit or anything but maybe you should move this kind of stuff to SA-Mart. What you're doing isn't a job you're selling your service to people that want to resell that service. Sure you're giving people the opportunity to make money but it's not really in the spirit of this thread. What you're doing is akin to those "sell fruit juice for profit" type "businesses".

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Yeah, gotta agree with that. I originally ignored it because of the "US only" thing, but upon deeper reading it looks like you got half a pyramid scheme there.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cavepimp posted:

Just wanted to mention that we're still looking for a few more people/companies right now.

hmmmm yes i have a bachelor's in computer science and i think i'd like to do affiliate marketing for a job

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
I'm an "IT Guy" and I saw the letters IT in that post, I think I would be a great candidate!

Anyone looking for a Systems Administrator/ Computer Technician? I've had lots of bites, but nothing has come to fruition.

palatka
Apr 4, 2003

by Ralp
Company: SciMed Solutions

Job Title: Junior to Mid Level Web Developer

Requirements:
* Some PHP or web development experience required.
* Enjoys working in teams
* Good communicator
* Ruby on Rails experience is a plus.
* Experience with CMS especially Joomla is another big plus.

About the job:
* Developing software for science, medical, and academia based companies
* Local candidates only

Send any questions or your resume to scimedhr@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

palatka fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 14, 2009

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

palatka posted:

Who we are: SciMed Solutions

Where we are: Durham, NC

Job Title: Junior to Senior Web Developer

* Would highly prefer the candidate to be local

Thanks.

Damnit. If I was local, I'd be all over this. Oh well. Good luck.

covener
Jan 10, 2004

You know, for kids!

royallthefourth posted:

hmmmm yes i have a bachelor's in computer science and i think i'd like to do affiliate marketing for a job

Those solicitations ITT have rubbed me the wrong way as well.

palatka
Apr 4, 2003

by Ralp

thedaian posted:

Damnit. If I was local, I'd be all over this. Oh well. Good luck.

you can relocate. the triangle is awesome in the autumn. ;)

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

brc64 posted:

I don't have plat so I can't PM you. Could I get your email please? Thanks!

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
That's cool, I'll edit it out. I'm not trying to rub people the wrong way or anything, just throwing an opportunity out there. (Not a multi-level pyramid or anything, by the way)

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Company: Thinkwell

Job Title: LAMP Developer

Requirements:
* PHP and web development experience required.
* Experience with MVC frameworks (we're using CakePHP)
* See the job listing below for more details

About the job:
* Thinkwell is actually incubating this team to develop what will become it's own company in the next 6 - 8 months. It’s a social higher-education startup.
* Local candidates only
* See the job listing below for more details

Job Listing: http://www.treyp.com/thinkwelljob/

Please email Trey (I'm not him, you'll find the link in the job listing) and mention SA in the subject if you'd like and I'll make sure he knows.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

buildmyrigdotcom posted:

I don't have plat so I can't PM you. Could I get your email please? Thanks!

It's in the first post of the thread, but bradly.cochran@gmail.com.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
My bad, I checked the first post and everything and must have missed it. Thanks.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

My experience:
- 2 years supporting a very small web development house (AD, Exchange, IIS)
- 1 year of Oracle web application development
- 3 years of designing and deploying Apple-hardware based solutions including extensive AD / Apple integration and large Apple- / Promise-based SAN installation. I manage a 5-man international team of engineers that do this.

I currently travel 2/3s of my time, and am willing to travel nationally or internationally.

What I'm looking for: Design / installation or on-going management of a large Apple hardware install

What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk or web apps development

Where I live: Knoxville, TN

Where I'm looking: Knoxville, Atlanta, Charlotte

When I can start: I have a 1 month notice requirement at my current employer

Requirements: Health insurance is a must, 55k+

Can be reached via: PM or neuralspark@gmail.com

NeuralSpark fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 18, 2009

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
nothing to see here anymore...

Cavepimp fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 16, 2010

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Is this thread primarily tech related? I see it is in the SH/SC section, so I assume it is, so I want to check first before posting up my info inquiring for ANY JOB AT ALL that pays more than $10 an hour in or around SW Portland, OR...

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

My experience: Between 5-6 years of supporting / administration of Windows environments.
What I'm looking for: A job that is a bit more dynamic and challenging. I'm stagnating where I'm at.
Where I live: Northern VA
Where I'm looking: From DC to Fredericksburg VA.
When I can start: 2 weeks notice.
Requirements: Health insurance is a must, PTO nice, other perks handy.
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, setash@gmail.com

Puck42
Oct 7, 2005

Walked posted:

My experience: Between 5-6 years of supporting / administration of Windows environments.
What I'm looking for: A job that is a bit more dynamic and challenging. I'm stagnating where I'm at.
Where I live: Northern VA
Where I'm looking: From DC to Fredericksburg VA.
When I can start: 2 weeks notice.
Requirements: Health insurance is a must, PTO nice, other perks handy.
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, setash@gmail.com

Have you put your resume on Monster or CareerBuilder?

I did a few days ago and I've gotten about 5 calls from Recruiters looking for people with 5 years experience in the DC area. I'm looking for a Linux position so I can't forward any of the leads, but good luck.

I assume you don't have a clearance?

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Puck42 posted:

Have you put your resume on Monster or CareerBuilder?

I did a few days ago and I've gotten about 5 calls from Recruiters looking for people with 5 years experience in the DC area. I'm looking for a Linux position so I can't forward any of the leads, but good luck.

I assume you don't have a clearance?

I did that a long long time ago; before I had that level of experience. Good call; I'll toss it back up there, I still get the occasional recruiter on my WAY out of date resume.

No clearance, but would die for one around here :(

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
An aside, but I notice you mentioned Monster and CareerBuilder. Any particular reason you didn't say Dice?

Puck42
Oct 7, 2005

Golbez posted:

An aside, but I notice you mentioned Monster and CareerBuilder. Any particular reason you didn't say Dice?

I've never had any luck there. I mentioned the other two because they were mentioned to me specifically by the recruiters that have called me the past few days.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Thanks for the heads up - tossed my resume up on Monster, CarreerBuilder, Dice, and ComputerJobs.com with a current version.

Already have two phone interviews with local consulting firms lined up, but am moving from a position, not unemployed - and thus want to make sure its the right move.

Thanks for the help. :)

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.
My experience: I've spent the last two years working as a developer/sysadmin in my country's air traffic control center. Improving and debugging the main flight data processing system (written in ancient C), along with maintaining the upkeep of all our operational services with on-call duty and emergency maintenance. Also some Python, Perl and PHP. B.Sc. in CS as well. Worked two years as a journalist before that, which has nothing to do with technology (aside writing about it) but demonstrates ability to work under pressure.

What I'm looking for: Basically any IT or software related job, as I need to get my foot inside the door in a new country.

What I'm NOT looking for: Open to basically anything.

Where I'm looking: Montreal, Canada. Open to other cities in Canada, but Montreal is what I'm aiming for.

Where I live: Reykjavik, Iceland.

When I can start: Preferably sometime next spring. I realize it's a long time until then, but getting a visa seems to be a time consuming bitch.

Requirements: Not really sure so let's just say I'm open to a lot of things.

Can be reached via: Private message or email at salvar@salvar.is.

Zedlic fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Aug 21, 2009

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Just a reminder to those of you posting jobs, if the job gets filled, please let me know so I can take it off the front page. I just went through and did a little bit of cleanup. It looks like I've also got a couple of bad links that I'll have to try to track down when I have more time (specifically the Michican/Jolva job and the Misc/Pr0k one). Is it possible to use the "find posts in this thread by this user" feature with a username instead of the user id? I tried http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3075135&username=Jolva, but that just takes me to the beginning of the thread.

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.
My experience: I've worked as an official 'full time' developer for the past year and a half, but have been doing professional / internship software development work for Windows-based C++ apps and Java apps for the past 4 years full time during the summer, and half time during school semesters. Graduated in 2008 with the highest honors in Computer Engineering. I've dabbled in other areas / languages as necessary for my current job (Perl, Shell Scripting, PL SQL, a little system admin work here and there) and am never too good to get my hands dirty when needed. Picked up most of my C++ experience prior to learning it in college. I'm a big self starter, and have pushed many efforts to improve the quality of software at the jobs I've had.

What I'm looking for: Software Development, preferably in Java / C++ doing server or desktop application development (I don't have much web-based development experience beyond basic Perl CGI, but am willing to learn)

What I'm NOT looking for: Tech support or non-development jobs. I'm fine with working on development that isn't related to a core product (like internal tools, build process, testing automation, etc), but programming is my true love.

Where I'm looking: Seattle / Redmond, WA area. The wife wants to go to UWa, so anywhere within reasonable commuting distance is fine.

Where I live: East coast

When I can start: I'm in no rush. I could start as soon as 2 weeks from the offer date, or as late as February (when our current lease expires).

Requirements: Relocation assistance would be a definite plus. Other than that just standard job benefits

Can be reached via: darsant@gmail.com

mattisacomputer
Jul 13, 2007

Philadelphia Sports: Classy and Sophisticated.

Cavepimp, just sent you an email about your position. Looking foward to hearing from you!

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

brc64 posted:

Just a reminder to those of you posting jobs, if the job gets filled, please let me know so I can take it off the front page.

Looks like all our positions got filled, no idea by who though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
Thanks to everyone for the emails sent so far. We're still in gathering mode and should be getting in touch with people within the next couple weeks. My boss is a bit noncommittal on the timeframe so far.