Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reisen
Aug 5, 2005

Casao posted:

Just SA? Sounds like you're set to Cached images only - check the View menu and see what Images are set to.

Or it could be a UserJS too, though I don't know of any that'd do that.

Or a CSS file.

Ah, that was it. Set to cached images only. Not sure why the problem didn't show up until today, though. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

Aturaten posted:

Alright, what I want is very simple: to be able to pull up results from the address bar by searching titles without it searching the loving content of the web page. That's it. When you disable "Remember Content on Visited Webpages", this feature seems to disappear.

Opera is so drat good, it is by far the best browser, but this is the one thing that keeps me from using it as my main, non-development browser. Help?

Requoting this. I really want this resolved.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Another thing to check for crash problems: plugins.

Look at the plugins list (opera:plugins) to see if there's anything naughty. If there is, remove 'em. I removed a bunch a month or so ago that I never realized were getting loaded and havn't had Opera crash since. I've removed or disabled basically anything unnecessary, leaving only Flash and Silverlight (+ WPF) enabled.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Beta 3's been released in the usual place. Go go go!

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
When I click on a link (Opera Beta 10) for iTunes, I get a few popups resulting in the final one saying "No registered applicatoin for this extension."

How can I get Opera to handle iTunes links?

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...
reinstalled win7 pro x64, now I've got no profile folder either. What gives?

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Aturaten posted:

Requoting this. I really want this resolved.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I believe going to opera:config and unchecking "addressbar content search" will do what you want.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

Shitti Politti posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I believe going to opera:config and unchecking "addressbar content search" will do what you want.

Same thing. This disables searching both the title as well as the on-page text, only enabling searching by the beginning of the URL.

GobyWan
Jun 5, 2006
tiny plastic novelty palm trees are all I need
Ok, both of my Opera 9.64 installs on two completely different machines decided to crash yesterday and delete all my sessions, including the auto-saved ones. Since I use open tabs as soft bookmarks, that's a bit of a pain in the rear end. Has this happened to anyone else, or did I just have really poo poo luck yesterday?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
It happens very rarely to me due to Opera just plain overloading. For that purpose i have a little batch file in my quick launch menu that copies the contents of the session folder elsewhere as soon as Opera does crash. That way i can usually restore a good state from one of the .bak files even if it does eat the session file.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

AnimalChin posted:

When I click on a link (Opera Beta 10) for iTunes, I get a few popups resulting in the final one saying "No registered applicatoin for this extension."

How can I get Opera to handle iTunes links?

Preferences (ctrl-f12) -> 'advanced' tab -> 'programs'. If there's not already an entry for 'itms', click 'add' (if there is, 'edit').
Protocol: itms
Open with other application: C:\program files\itunes\itunes.exe (edit if necessary)
Parameter: /url

For me, itunes obviously regged 'itms://' with windows, since it automatically filled in that path (plus a "%1") in the 'default app' entry, but I get the 'no registered app' error if I use that option.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

WoG posted:

Preferences (ctrl-f12) -> 'advanced' tab -> 'programs'. If there's not already an entry for 'itms', click 'add' (if there is, 'edit').
Protocol: itms
Open with other application: C:\program files\itunes\itunes.exe (edit if necessary)
Parameter: /url

For me, itunes obviously regged 'itms://' with windows, since it automatically filled in that path (plus a "%1") in the 'default app' entry, but I get the 'no registered app' error if I use that option.

Thank you!!

Now one other bug I'm getting. I've got automatic redirection enabled in my preferences, yet Opera isn't redirecting urls. It just sits at an ugly page saying something like "This URL was redirected. You may enable redirection in your preferences."

I did that, dummy.

Click here for the full 609x406 image.

AnimalChin fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 24, 2009

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

AnimalChin posted:

Thank you!!

Now one other bug I'm getting. I've got automatic redirection enabled in my preferences, yet Opera isn't redirecting urls. It just sits at an ugly page saying something like "This URL was redirected. You may enable redirection in your preferences."

I did that, dummy.

Click here for the full 609x406 image.

This is what happens when you try to go to something that's URLFiltered, it's redirecting it to nothing so it can't redirect.

Generally means the site is an Ad server or Malware.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

does anyone use blackboard/webct with opera? I'm about to go nuts here with these "session already running" errors.

no amount of clearing cookies, restarting, or masking as IE does a bit of good.

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!

thrawn86 posted:

does anyone use blackboard/webct with opera? I'm about to go nuts here with these "session already running" errors.

no amount of clearing cookies, restarting, or masking as IE does a bit of good.

I did at my university and it seemed to work fine. Have you tried simply refreshing the page a couple of times? That worked for me with my e-mail, which didn't seem to load the first time.

Sergeant Hobo fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 24, 2009

GobyWan
Jun 5, 2006
tiny plastic novelty palm trees are all I need
RC time! It takes over the main Opera path and upgrades your 9.x now instead of using the beta path, so if you want to keep 9.64 for now you should probably not install this yet.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

GobyWan posted:

RC time! It takes over the main Opera path and upgrades your 9.x now instead of using the beta path, so if you want to keep 9.64 for now you should probably not install this yet.
Finally, time to dive into 10.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Thanks for the heads up. I don't really like the new Opera icon though. The old one seemed fancy with the shadow and lighting but the new one feels low res. All I can think is "that's one red cheerio"

But having been using the betas up to now I really like this new release. It hasn't crashed in forever and, for at least the time being, it seems to close with some expediency which is cool. And the little changes they made to how it handles things finally let me move to a single bar solution with a button for menus, address, and tabs all on one line without anything too clumsy.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Hey, can someone tell me if this RC lets you log into Youtube properly? Because since they changed the site like a week ago 9.64 no longer works there, and if this fixes that bug I think it's time to hop on the 10 bandwagon.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Syrg posted:

Hey, can someone tell me if this RC lets you log into Youtube properly? Because since they changed the site like a week ago 9.64 no longer works there, and if this fixes that bug I think it's time to hop on the 10 bandwagon.

Logging into YouTube works fine for me in 10 RC.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm using 9.64 and I just signed into YouTube with no hassle.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

sm8000 posted:

I'm using 9.64 and I just signed into YouTube with no hassle.

...really? Then what the gently caress. I have cookies enabled, nothing blocked on the site, and anytime I log in it just redirects me to the front page of the site with "Create Account/Sign In" still in the corner, mocking me.

I can't even think it's a cache thing since that would make Youtube the only site having this issue and my cache settings told to refresh anything it can.

I'll try the release candidate and see if that does a drat thing, I guess.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

GobyWan posted:

mine didn't :(

argh, I and still have no appdata profile folder. I swear, wtf.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?

Syrg posted:

...really? Then what the gently caress. I have cookies enabled, nothing blocked on the site, and anytime I log in it just redirects me to the front page of the site with "Create Account/Sign In" still in the corner, mocking me.

I can't even think it's a cache thing since that would make Youtube the only site having this issue and my cache settings told to refresh anything it can.

I'll try the release candidate and see if that does a drat thing, I guess.

make sure Tools > Preferences > Cookies > Advanced > Accept cookies is selected

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Satire Forum Mom posted:

make sure Tools > Preferences > Cookies > Advanced > Accept cookies is selected

I have it set on "accept only from sites I visit". That's seriously gonna gently caress the login up?

I mean, if I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot, I just didn't think that was the issue.

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
I set up the SA toolbar from the OP on the latest beta and got the SA button to show up, but now none of the toolbar buttons work.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

What UserJSes do you have installed?

Honestly, my last install of 9.64 started being flaky with logins on a handful of sites, and I fixed it by uninstalling, deleting lingering files and folders, and then reinstalling. I preserved bookmarks and UserJSes, and now I run 9.64 with only a couple of JSes but otherwise 'out of the box' and everything works.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

sm8000 posted:

What UserJSes do you have installed?

Absolutely none. The only editing of sites I use is blocking any ad server that trips Avast's filter and I leave it at that.

I'm slightly shite at this sometimes.

Hell, maybe I should just try that reinstall thing and see if that cleans it up.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Syrg posted:

I have it set on "accept only from sites I visit". That's seriously gonna gently caress the login up?

I can't say that this is necessarily the case but I've found I had tremendous trouble with logging into Yahoo mail because they've got a magic nest of sites they funnel you through in the login process. And I found that the "only sites I visit" thing is really drat specific in only taking from the address you're currently on.

At the very least, you might try relaxing it to "accept all cookies" and try logging in and then set it back the way you want. At least at that point you'll have the cookie you need.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?

Syrg posted:

I mean, if I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot, I just didn't think that was the issue.

it absolutely is the issue- I had the exact same problem and this fixed it.

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!
RC1 just came out and lo and behold: RC2 is here already!

quote:

We are still on track for a release on Tuesday, but we have managed to fix a few important crash bugs, and also have a couple of fixes for pages that never stop loading ("NSL"). Please let us know if the "NSL problem" has improved or not!

Apart from that, we have fixed some icon issues on Windows and Unix, and widgets should be working again after upgrading from Opera 9. There are also a few other fixes, so take a look at the changelog for more details.

We do not have an updated Unite build this time around since we are focusing on getting Opera 10.0 out the door. The build will not be available as an automatic update either, since it's Friday.

Note: Some Unix builds may be missing, but they may be uploaded later

Highlights
A couple of possible fixes for pages that never stop loading (NSL)
Stability fixes
Native skin fixes
Widgets should work when upgrading from 9.64
Icon fixes for Windows and Unix

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Are the RCs supposed to show up in "Check for Updates"? Tells me RC1 is the latest version.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

gibbed posted:

Are the RCs supposed to show up in "Check for Updates"? Tells me RC1 is the latest version.

Opera blog posted:

The build will not be available as an automatic update either, since it's Friday.

So yeah.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Syrg posted:

So yeah.
Oops, completely missed that.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
So this update installed Opera in Program Files/Opera instead of Program Files/Opera Preview. It doesn't carry over my bookmarks and settings like the other updates did.

What do I need to copy/paste over from the Opera Preview folder to get my settings back?

Edit:

Specifically, I'd like to move over my mailbox and mail settings, speed dial, bookmarks, keyboard and mouse shortucts, and toolbar setups.

INTJ Mastermind fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 29, 2009

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Anyone else having issues with RapidShare in the RC? For me, instead of going to the wait page, it attempts to download the file from the URL - an empty 3-4kb file.

Cosmopolitan
Apr 20, 2007

Rard sele this wai -->

INTJ Mastermind posted:

So this update installed Opera in Program Files/Opera instead of Program Files/Opera Preview. It doesn't carry over my bookmarks and settings like the other updates did.

What do I need to copy/paste over from the Opera Preview folder to get my settings back?

Edit:

Specifically, I'd like to move over my mailbox and mail settings, speed dial, bookmarks, keyboard and mouse shortucts, and toolbar setups.

Should be able to copy C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Opera Preview\Opera to the regular Opera folder. Recommend backing up the folder before overwriting, just in case.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Just run the installer again and tell it to install in the proper directory.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

Anunnaki posted:

Should be able to copy C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Opera Preview\Opera to the regular Opera folder. Recommend backing up the folder before overwriting, just in case.

Worked! Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nozz
Jan 27, 2007

proficient pringle eater

Stevie Lee posted:

Anyone else having issues with RapidShare in the RC? For me, instead of going to the wait page, it attempts to download the file from the URL - an empty 3-4kb file.

Yup I get that using the latest RC, havn't found a way around it short of using a different browser.