Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

nyratk1 posted:

He didn't do much except be another American foil to Hart Foundation, had a title shot against Bret at Ground Zero and got injured soon after and was released.

And sold his gimmick to Tom Brandi to use on the indy scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

Thanks for all the info. My memories of 1997-1999 wrestling are so fragmented that I can only remember the wrestlers being on television, but I can't remember why they were there. For example, I remember the Oddities and all of their members (which, unfortunately, includes ICP), but I don't remember any of their main feuds or any match featuring them. Wikipedia tells me they feuded with Kaientai, but I don't remember that at all.

They had a match against them on Summerslam, but I really don't think they feuded. Even in 1998, not every match on every PPV was a feud match, as crazy as that sounds today.

Dewwy
Jun 9, 2005

by Ozma

WeaselWeaz posted:

And sold his gimmick to Tom Brandi to use on the indy scene.

Why didn't Brandi just rip it off like any good wrestler?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dewwy posted:

Why didn't Brandi just rip it off like any good wrestler?

Apparently he actually did. I think a year or two ago Del Wilkes actually surfaced and said "That whole 'He sold it to me' stuff is bullshit."

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

nyratk1 posted:

Art Donovan?

Yeah, that's it. Thanks.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Kulex posted:

So here's a question I've always been somewhat curious about. Does anyone know why the nWo said, 'Too sweet,' the way they did? I always thought it was something peculiar.

I think they stole that from listening to Yokozuna's gangsta rap on the bus during European tours.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.
Oddities feuded with The Bushwhackers over and over. It was really lame because there were 4 or 5 Oddities, two bushwhackers, and the Bushwackers always lost. It was frankly boring as hell.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Justice Grieves posted:

Oddities feuded with The Bushwhackers over and over. It was really lame because there were 4 or 5 Oddities, two bushwhackers, and the Bushwackers always lost. It was frankly boring as hell.

Am I insane, or did this never, ever happen?

Unless you are confusing the Headbangers and the Bushwhackers.

If it did happen someone please post videos, but I cannot believe it happened.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Justice Grieves posted:

I have absolutely ZERO memory of this I believe you may have dreamed it.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I have absolutely ZERO memory of this I believe you may have dreamed it.

In that case, gimme a sixpack and a couple of bags of skittles.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I remember oddities fueding or at least having a match with kaientai at slam 98 and I think that was the only real program they had.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

In that case, gimme a sixpack and a couple of bags of skittles.
Skittlebrau reference in my wrestling questions thread. In response to Jerusalem no less.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

LividLiquid posted:

Skittlebrau reference in my wrestling questions thread. In response to Jerusalem no less.
A Mounds bar is not a wrestling question. A Twizzler is not a wrestling question. A Jolly Rancher is not a wrestling question, sir.

Captain Misc.
Sep 8, 2007

Why don't the kids
want to buy my mask?
:mad:
Ok, I need some help.

Any Oregon/Washinton people watch the neo Portland Wrestling thing they did back int eh early 2000's? If so, what the hell was this guy's name:

It's gonna drive me absolutely nuts!

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Captain Misc. posted:

Ok, I need some help.

Any Oregon/Washinton people watch the neo Portland Wrestling thing they did back int eh early 2000's? If so, what the hell was this guy's name:

It's gonna drive me absolutely nuts!

The Grappler? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VNvknRLwVU
I know this is an old video, but looking at his tights in the picture I can see GR-, the mask is the same design and according to http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/results/portland-new/ The Grappler was wrestling on the 2005 TV tapings

Minges
May 4, 2006
'Cause everybody hates a tourist

apsouthern posted:

The Grappler? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VNvknRLwVU
I know this is an old video, but looking at his tights in the picture I can see GR-, the mask is the same design and according to http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/results/portland-new/ The Grappler was wrestling on the 2005 TV tapings

AKA Len Denton! http://live.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/l/len-denton.html

Memory says that he was a jobber in WCW for a time (who wasn't?) but OWW doesn't.

Captain Misc.
Sep 8, 2007

Why don't the kids
want to buy my mask?
:mad:
That's him! I knew it was something really generic. Man, I loved that guy!

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

nyratk1 posted:

He didn't do much except be another American foil to Hart Foundation, had a title shot against Bret at Ground Zero and got injured soon after and was released.

Thank you! I remember watching Raw after Ground Zero for the aftermath of the Hart/Patriot match and it was like the Patriot didn't exist. There was no mention of him at all. Not that it was a bad thing. He was really dull in the ring and his gimmick sucked.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

ColeM posted:

Thank you! I remember watching Raw after Ground Zero for the aftermath of the Hart/Patriot match and it was like the Patriot didn't exist. There was no mention of him at all. Not that it was a bad thing. He was really dull in the ring and his gimmick sucked.

I think the gimmick would have worked, if only there was someone with the charisma to pull it off

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

This may seem like a stupid question but who are John Cena's friends in the locker room? Or is he like Kobe Bryant where he tries too hard to have people like him or do people like him?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
What was up with Shawn Michaels' face when he first came back? I have seen clips of him at Wrestlemania 19 and his upper lip looked stiff. There's really no other way to describe it. It looks as if he can't move part of his face.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Its the part where his smile was

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Sionistic posted:

Its the part where his smile was

Blah blah, looking for a real answer. Here, have a cookie for that hilarious answer.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Judakel posted:

Blah blah, looking for a real answer. Here, have a cookie for that hilarious answer.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone really knows, he wasn't diagnosed with palsy or anything like that.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

müse posted:

This may seem like a stupid question but who are John Cena's friends in the locker room? Or is he like Kobe Bryant where he tries too hard to have people like him or do people like him?

He's mates with Randy Orton, I read. Dunno who else.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

FishBulb posted:

Unfortunately I don't think anyone really knows, he wasn't diagnosed with palsy or anything like that.

Maybe he had a stroke somewhere along the line? It is the weirdest looking thing.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Judakel posted:

Maybe he had a stroke somewhere along the line? It is the weirdest looking thing.

I think if he had a stroke it probably would have been mentioned. Maybe he had the herp or a bee sting or he landed hard on a bump while working out and tweeked his back or something.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Remember his googly eyes??

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Von Linus posted:

He's mates with Randy Orton, I read. Dunno who else.

And I read recently that he and Orton don't like each other at all. But all reports say that Cena is a really nice guy behind the scenes.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

müse posted:

I know I've seen pictures and videos of him with different groups of wrestlers (The youtube of UMAGAAAAAA slapping the gently caress out of a spirit squad member comes to mind) but he doesn't seem to have a clique (Kliq?) style group. I feel like he is generally well-liked though, and his appearances on shows like Howard Stern make it seem hard to hate the guy, even if you hate his character.

To be honest I don't know a lot of modern WWE BFF groups, I get the feeling it is more 'who wants to go to the bar tonight' for a lot of them.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Judakel posted:

What was up with Shawn Michaels' face when he first came back? I have seen clips of him at Wrestlemania 19 and his upper lip looked stiff. There's really no other way to describe it. It looks as if he can't move part of his face.

I've noticed he has a droopy eye thats been getting steadily worse - almost like nerve damage from that broken orbital bone he had (or was that kayfabe?)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Maybe he got botox.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ABOUT DRUGS posted:

I know I've seen pictures and videos of him with different groups of wrestlers (The youtube of UMAGAAAAAA slapping the gently caress out of a spirit squad member comes to mind) but he doesn't seem to have a clique (Kliq?) style group. I feel like he is generally well-liked though, and his appearances on shows like Howard Stern make it seem hard to hate the guy, even if you hate his character.

To be honest I don't know a lot of modern WWE BFF groups, I get the feeling it is more 'who wants to go to the bar tonight' for a lot of them.

Yeah I've also heard he's good buddies with CM Punk and even fat ol' Samoa Joe, so it just sounds like he's a hell of a nice guy who everybody gets along with.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

müse posted:

I haven't heard of anyone really disliking him. But I also haven't heard of anyone being really tight with him.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I've also heard he's good buddies with CM Punk and even fat ol' Samoa Joe, so it just sounds like he's a hell of a nice guy who everybody gets along with.

Cena and Joe both started in UPW around the same time, so they go way way way back.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWXFRGEnwmM

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.
Yeah, I confused the two tag teams. But the matches WERE boring.

"Real men wear pants you idiot!" - One of the 13 things the crowd yells in WWF: Attitude (or maybe the game that came before it). I know two of the mocap guys, because one of them lost to CM Punk at Summerslam and the other one just came back to Smackdown.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Maybe he got botox.

He fake tans. What a vapid oval office.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Captain Strange posted:

I've noticed he has a droopy eye thats been getting steadily worse - almost like nerve damage from that broken orbital bone he had (or was that kayfabe?)

Can't wait for a couple of years from now when he comes out to "Sexy Boy" while looking like Robert Gibson

edit - hoooly poo poo, I looked Gibson up to see what he looked like today and his eye is even worse than I remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Carlton Banks posted:

Can't wait for a couple of years from now when he comes out to "Sexy Boy" while looking like Robert Gibson

edit - hoooly poo poo, I looked Gibson up to see what he looked like today and his eye is even worse than I remember

Morton looks like he has cataracts. It's hard to believe these guys were considered "heartthrobs."