Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
leasing is a good idea maybe right after you finish university and you can afford it. I know that's what I did, and given the driving I had to do for my job the car worked out well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

leasing is a good idea maybe right after you finish university and you can afford it. I know that's what I did, and given the driving I had to do for my job the car worked out well.

I drove my $800 beater until I started getting a steady paycheck. Seems like a better idea to me.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

sbaldrick posted:

If you had a job that required a lot of driving, a leased car would be the last thing you want. As it is, I'm on the hook with VW for $1,000 for going over my allotted miles on the GTI I turned in at the end of its lease.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute
What the hell?
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/1334910869.html

quote:

one of a kind 78 etype jaguar needs work havr rods mains rings and some valves 7276783784 must sell make offer the car parts are vintage jaguar moter trans and rearend worth 6 to 8 thousand....

Click here for the full 1189x742 image.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
I always lease my big trucks for the cheaper payments, $650 a month instead of $801. I always buy out the lease though and run them into the ground, works out well for what i need them for.

Wandering Idiot
Jul 22, 2003

by Ozma
:patriot:

Click here for the full 1210x576 image.

quote:

CASH FOR MY CLUNKER - $1500 (Smyrna)
Date: 2009-08-21, 11:44PM CDT
Reply to: sale-nwk8v-1335958663@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

What I have is a 1988 Dodge Ram 4X4, automatic transmission, power nothing (except the badass 318 in it) .
This truck also has a gooseneck hookup in the bed of the truck in case you need to haul certain types of trailers whose hitches will not connect on the bumper.
It is red, with what I would consider less than 5% rust on the body.
It registers approx. 53000 miles on speedometer, but it does not have a counter for over 100,000.

What I Know Is Wrong With It

Needs new heater core
Some instrument panel gauges probably need to be replaced
It sounds like there is a nail in the tire, but I can't find it

Summary

The truck is not perfect, but I reasonably think this truck is worth $1500. I saw several trucks that are the same make and model for sale in the $2000-$3000 range that didn't look half as good as mine.
I will consider any trade with a value of $1500.
This truck is worth what I am asking for it, so if you need a good AMERICAN!!! truck, then holler at me.

"A country boy can survive."
HANK WILLIAMS JR.

:911:

Dogtanian
Jan 31, 2007

This space intentionally left blank

Hahaha holy poo poo. He's really managed to accentuate the classic lines of the E-Type there.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

On the one hand, its a shame he used an e-type for that because theyre so beautiful. On the other hand, that car looks fun as hell.

Lez
Jan 1, 2007
That'd be righteous...
I hope ebay is okay =)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Keyring-with...id=p3286.c0.m14

quote:

RELIST AS PREVIOUS WINNER TURNED OUT TO BE A RIGHT TOSSER.

UP FOR AUCTION IS THIS REALLY COOL KEYRING .. IT ADVERTISES BEER .. CMON THATS COOL! I MEAN, I LIKE BEER .. DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT REALLY IT'S ONLY ME THAT COUNTS EH .. SO THERE.

BUT WAIT!!!

WHAT'S THAT ATTATCHED TO THE KEYRING ... IT'S A KEY .. WHATEVER COULD THAT BE FOR???

YOUR FREE CAR .. THAT'S WHAT!

YUP, BUY THE KEYRING ... GET THE CAR .... HEY? .. THERE MUST BE A CATCH?
NOPE
NONE
NADDA
ZIP
ZILCH
ZERO

JUST AS I HAVE WRITTEN ... YOU BUY THE KEYRING .. I'LL THROW IN A FREE 1991 MITSUBISHI VERADA.

"AW CMON .. YOU CANT SERIOUSLY EXPECT US TO BELIEVE THAT YOU'LL GIVE THE CAR AWAY FOR NOTHING?" .. I HEAR YOU SAY .. WELL YES I BLOODY WELL CAN .. IT'S MY CAR AND I'LL DO WHAT I WANT !

"IT'S GOTTA BE A CRAPPY CAR IF YOU'RE GIVING IT AWAY FOR FREE?"

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT FOR FREE?? I MEAN COME ON! IT DOES BLOW A BIT OF SMOKE, BUT SO DOES THE SPACE SHUTTLE AND LOOK HOW FAST THAT BUGGER GOES! EH EH YEAH THATS RIGHT ... SUPER FAST

"BUT IT'S GOT A DING IN THE FRONT BUMPER"

YES IT DOES, AND I TELL YOU WHAT .. THAT IDIOT IN THE 4X4 THAT CUT ME OFF THEN FLIPPED ME THE BIRD GOT THE SHOCK OF HIS LIFE WHEN I JUST UP AND RAMMED HIM .. YUPPIE SCUM

"HOW DO WE KNOW YOU'RE FOR REAL?"

WHAT? YOU WANT MY MUM TO VOUCH FOR ME?

LOOK, THE CAR DOES DRIVE .. I'M STILL RUNNING AROUND IN IT .. IT'S REGISTERED TILL 4/6/10 .. BUT I'LL BE CASHING THAT IN TO BUY BEER .... I MEAN PUT TOWARDS THE COST OF ANOTHER CAR DEAR .. THATS WHAT I MEANT .. HONEST!

I'VE ONLY RECENTLY HAD THE AIRCON REDONE, NEW COMPRESSOR AND GAS (THE BELT NEEDS TIGHTENING THO) AND THERES A NEW COMPUTER IN IT FOR THE AUTO TRANSMISSION

ITS A CRAPPY CAR THAT YOU DONT MIND USING AS A BATTERING RAM AGAINST YUPPIE SCUM (OR THE SUB CULTURE OF YOUR CHOICE - JUST DONT AIM FOR ME .. JUST LIKE TIGGY .. NO TAG BACKS!), THE BEST THING ABOUT IT IS THE STEREO .. A REAL COOL SONY SYSTEM WITH MP3 PLAYER AND IPOD SUPPORT ... BUT I'M TAKING THAT SO NER .. IF YOU REALLY WANT A STEREO FOR IT I CAN HELP YOU OUT .. JUST CAUSE IM SUCH A NICE GUY (I AM .. NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY!)

WHAT ELSE IS THERE .. OH YEAH .. NO TAKESYS BACKSYS .. ONCE YOU WIN IT .. ITS YOURS!

IF YOU WANNA COME LOOK AT IT, WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT.

AUCTION IS FOR PICKUP (4119 QLD) .. OR POSTAGE AS LONG AS YOU DONT EXPECT TO GET IT SOONISH ... I'LL POST ONE PIECE A DAY AND YOU'RE COVERING THE POSTAGE COST!

IF YOU WANT THE CAR DELIVERED .. I'M WILLING TO DRIVE IT TO YOUR PLACE (FOR A FEE .. PROBABLY BEER BASED) .. THEN ILL REMOVE THE PLATES AND BUGGER OFF. BUT PLEASE .. UNLIKE THE OTHER TOSSER, EMAIL ME BEFORE YOU BID SO I DONT SWEAR AT YOU WHEN YOU EXPECT ME TO DRIVE THE CAR 350 FREAKIN KMS!!!!!!

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE CAR (OR KEYRING) .. SEND ME AN EMAIL .... DO IT QUICK BEFORE I SOBER UP.

On 09-Aug-09 at 20:04:41 AEST, seller added the following information:

JUST TO SATISFY THOSE THAT ARE WONDERING ... A WORD FROM MY MUM ...

To whomever is interested.

This is to certify that my son is not crazy. He is a little strange and full of cheek but he is definitely not mad.

Signed by the sellers mum

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Lez posted:

I hope ebay is okay =)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Keyring-with...id=p3286.c0.m14

This guy is a piece of work.

quote:

Q: whats ur number
A: 69
:lol:

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma
WhaleMobile - http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lou/1270822318.html

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

Off of a Yugo Cabrio

"It isn't street legal anymore..."

I really don't think any cop is enough of a jackass to pull over a whale-mobile. (Unless the thing takes up multiple lanes or something)

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I was gonna make a Porsche joke but it just didn't want to come together.

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

sirbeefalot posted:

I was gonna make a Porsche joke but it just didn't want to come together.

If it were a turtlemobile or a snailmobile you would have had more to work with.

quote:

My grandfather got the idea of turning it into a WhaleMobile off of some cartoon, and he took his crazy idea and ran with it.

Is dementia actually fatal? I guess he didn't say either way.

944 fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 29, 2009

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Actual possible gold and something that would make :clint: proud.

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1972-Ford-Torino-Coupe-2-door-W0QQAdIdZ152135295

quote:

Original owner 1972 Gran Torino, runs and drives. Near perfect interior. 302 Auto. No reasonable offer will be refused. Possible trade up for a nice open bow boat.

I wonder what this guy thinks a "reasonable offer" would be?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

z16bitsega
Nov 26, 2005
Not craigslist, but :aaaaa:

Oxbrain, is this you, or is there actually more than one person in the world who collects Festivas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-F...#ht_6743wt_1167

quote:

YOU ARE BIDDING ON YOUR CHOICE OF 20 FESTIVAS.YOU WILL HAVE TO PICK OUT THE 10 YOU WANT.MORE THAN HALF RUN.YOU ARE GETTING 10 CARS FOR THIS BID.ANY QUESTIONS,PLEASE ASK.EMAIL YOUR PHONE NUMBER.THIS IS BASICALLY A ONE DAY AUCTION.NEED SOLD BY SUNDAY.YOU HAVE UNTIL MID OCTOBER TO PICK UP,BUT,HAVE TO BE PAID IMMEDIATELY BY PAYPAL UPON PURCHASE.YOU CAN NEVER TOUCH THIS DEAL IN A LIFETIME.AND IF YOU KNOW THESE CARS , THEN YOU KNOW THE VALUE OF THESE PARTS.

DO NOT TRY TO LOW BALL ME.GO TRY TO BUY A TRANNY FOR ONE OR ENGINE.THIS IS A GOLD MINE FOR SOMEONE.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

z16bitsega posted:

Not craigslist, but :aaaaa:

Oxbrain, is this you, or is there actually more than one person in the world who collects Festivas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-F...#ht_6743wt_1167

This Oxbrain's gone to heaven.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
gently caress, that's only a hour and a half away. I have an urge to go there and offer him $100 for one.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

edit: A little better?

AkrisD fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 31, 2009

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

AkrisD posted:

Table breaking but hilarious.

Man-Eating Cow
Jan 18, 2001

by Fistgrrl

RealKyleH posted:

Table breaking but hilarious.

You rolling 800x600 still?

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Man-Eating Cow posted:

You rolling 800x600 still?

I rock the dual monitors with buddy lists and quick launch on the sides. 800x600 images fit just perfect.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
MSRP on a new 2009 Ninja 250: $4000, for those who are wondering.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

el topo posted:

MSRP on a new 2009 Ninja 250: $4000, for those who are wondering.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

RealKyleH posted:

That's awesome, its not even the special ed. green or anything. Guy's just flat out ign'ant.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Probably one of those guys who paid way over MSRP when the '08s came out. I remember hearing someone paying 6k for one. Financed, and incase you car guys don't know, most dealer motorcycle financing is basically a credit card that can only be used at the dealership. It's a huge ripoff, and people that paid that much for an new model are idiots, who are now stuck owing more then a new bike is worth on their two year old bike.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

blugu64 posted:

Probably one of those guys who paid way over MSRP when the '08s came out. I remember hearing someone paying 6k for one. Financed, and incase you car guys don't know, most dealer motorcycle financing is basically a credit card that can only be used at the dealership. It's a huge ripoff, and people that paid that much for an new model are idiots, who are now stuck owing more then a new bike is worth on their two year old bike.

Ah yes, what lovely times those were when they first came out and everyone was scrambling to get one. It's funny that it's pretty much the same exact bike, just with fancier fairings and people were willing to pay exorbitant prices on them. Now the prices have dropped back to normal Ninja 250 levels (at least in my area). You can find 08s and even 09s with less than 1000 miles on them for about $3k. With the retarded rear end dealers and their pretty much non-negotiable prices around here that's probably a 1500-2000(if you include "fees" and TTL) dollar hit of depreciation within less than a year.

Bob Log
May 19, 2004

Hey, It's Bob Log
Oh for gently caress's sake:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1348656617.html
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm465/Mushtaba1/

quote:

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES, 72K Miles, 5-Speed Manual, Salvage Title but looks EXACTLY LIKE A CLEAN TITLE, No mechanical or cosmatic defects on the car, 4-Door, Runs and Looks Like NEW, Newly Registered, Asking $4250 call: 925-565-6714

I love the "Custom Exhaust", check the photobucket to see what I mean.

Bob Log fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 31, 2009

Blinken
Aug 11, 2007

Magic finish changing wheels no extra charge.

OldSquid
May 28, 2007
Flying a plane is just like riding a bike, except it's harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Blinken posted:

Magic finish changing wheels no extra charge.

Well to be fair, he did invest over $35 in the last 2 years.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

OldSquid posted:

Well to be fair, he did invest over $35 in the last 2 years.

Of which at least $25 went to the stick-on z06 brake ducting and badges.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Tai-Pan posted:

The other $10 went for the Lambo convesion and the can of spraypaint he used to paint the huge retarded wheel he stole off of an Escalade red.

Also, a car company should come out with a factory color called "rare red"

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Elviscat posted:

The other $10 went for the Lambo convesion and the can of spraypaint he used to paint the huge retarded wheel he stole off of an Escalade red.

Also, a car company should come out with a factory color called "rare red"

It should be the most common color.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

VideoTapir posted:

It should be the most common color.

:respek:

Hell. Fuckin'. Yes.

if it was I'd get pulled over a lot less too

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Oddly enough when I was shopping around for a used car in May I had to cross the Lexus IS off my list because the only ones available locally were in red -- and studies show that people who drive red cars get more speeding tickets, mostly as a result of being more noticeable to Smokey.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

el topo posted:

Oddly enough when I was shopping around for a used car in May I had to cross the Lexus IS off my list because the only ones available locally were in red -- and studies show that people who drive red cars get more speeding tickets, mostly as a result of being more noticeable to Smokey.

Is this a fake post? I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Tai-Pan posted:

Look at the roofline, pretty sure that is a Z06. Not sure if that makes it worse or not.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

XCPuff posted:

Is this a fake post? I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not?

That's besides me not liking red in the first place. I can't imagine why a man who's more than 12 would want a red car, except maybe if it's a Ferrari.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Q_res posted:

Look at the roofline, pretty sure that is a Z06. Not sure if that makes it worse or not.

The corvette was available in coupe form without the z06 package for a couple of years.

It could be, I guess, but you would think he would mention it in the ad. Or not-he is an idiot.

el topo posted:

That's besides me not liking red in the first place. I can't imagine why a man who's more than 12 would want a red car, except maybe if it's a Ferrari.

I have a red miata. Why can't people like red cars exactly? Is blue an okay color to like?

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/redcars.asp

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 1, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

"[ELP posted:

"]
I love the "Custom Exhaust", check the photobucket to see what I mean.
Am I looking at this wrong or does his custom install mostly consist of a big ol' dent in the tailpipe?