Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

:siren:EVERYTHING I SAY ABOUT JAPAN OR LIVING IN JAPAN IS COMPLETELY WRONG, BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'LL :spergin: ABOUT IT.:siren:

PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR IGNORE LIST.

IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A JAPAN THREAD, PLEASE PM A MODERATOR SO THAT I CAN BE BANNED.
Any LaunchBar and Opera RC users out there?

Apparently the new bookmarks file is a new format that LaunchBar does not recognize. Hjalp.

If there is a utility that exports/Syncs the new style Opera bookmarks file that would work too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

:siren:EVERYTHING I SAY ABOUT JAPAN OR LIVING IN JAPAN IS COMPLETELY WRONG, BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'LL :spergin: ABOUT IT.:siren:

IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A JAPAN THREAD, PLEASE PM A MODERATOR SO THAT I CAN BE BANNED.
RS premium works fine with Opera RC, for what it is worth.

Oh am I glad they fixed the RC, printing became an instant crash for me. The new RC fixed it though.

kapalama fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Aug 30, 2009

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
My RapidShare issue seems to have fixed itself. Maybe it was on their end.

Dmoz
Dec 3, 2005
Ad Hominem
Opera 10.0 Final released!

ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/1000/en/

The Opera stosite is being rather slow to respond for me at the moment...

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Liking the new features (for instance, it just decided to tell me "badass" fails a spellcheck... as does "spellcheck"), but goddamnit, for some reason menu font size refuses to be changed from "too drat large". I don't know why, but even manually reskinning it doesn't make the thing work properly with the rest of Windows' theme. 9 was working perfectly in this regard.

Anyone else having this?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
The font size is ok, the icon is too big. Try unpacking the theme, making the icon a bit smaller, packing it again and loading it, then restarting opera.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Now I just have a baby icon and blank space. And anything with its own icon is still huge, so that's out. I'm not manually editing every bookmark I ever make.

Goddamnit. Well, gently caress it, I'll deal with it in the morning. It's too late to give a poo poo about the niceties of this. (Oh look! It's on EVERY SKIN now. Hooray for glitches.)

mcyahwe
Apr 24, 2009

by Ozma
10 seems to finally work well with gmail, they fixed the bug where it'd take forever to shut down and finally a spellchecker. Opera is getting pretty good.

E, post your opera layout

mcyahwe fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 1, 2009

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
How do I set the menu bar to always be that small icon next to my tabs, and still have the icon on a quit/resume?

Because right now the icon and menu bar disappear if I quit/restart.

Edit: Nevermind, it's some upgrade artifact.

Riso fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Sep 1, 2009

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

mcyahwe posted:

E, post your opera layout

No toolbars at the bottom.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...
^brilliant! I set mine to popup though, so it doesn't bother me because I'm not getting the 0/0 error anymore

window bars are for weenies. (double tapping f11 will bring it back if I need it)

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?
What's a good userjs to download youtube videos that works with Opera 10? Also, where's a good place to find userjs scripts?

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Satire Forum Mom posted:

What's a good userjs to download youtube videos that works with Opera 10? Also, where's a good place to find userjs scripts?

I use http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/36453

It has a ton of nifty features

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

thrawn86 posted:

^brilliant! I set mine to popup though, so it doesn't bother me because I'm not getting the 0/0 error anymore

I use the status field mostly to see link urls. Transfers I've set to show inside the address bar. If Opera had one "navigation history" dropdown button, I wouldn't need separate back and forward buttons either.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Wheany posted:

I use the status field mostly to see link urls. Transfers I've set to show inside the address bar. If Opera had one "navigation history" dropdown button, I wouldn't need separate back and forward buttons either.

Real men use rockers or mouse gestures.

Nothing under the menu but more address bar.

Link URLs pop up on hover, so no status bar. Keyword searches. You could get rid of the menu button and pop it up with alt, but I prefer the clickability.

Other than that, everything's done with gestures or shortcuts.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Casao posted:

Well that makes me a real man then :smug:

Except if I want to go back a dozen or so pages.

Actually, I'm going to try your setup, but with the reload from cache button. Just to see if I really need the status bar or buttons on the left.

mcyahwe
Apr 24, 2009

by Ozma

Wheany posted:

Aaaaaam, never realized you could turn off the menu bar. Has that been there for long?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Wheany posted:

Except if I want to go back a dozen or so pages.

Just hold your right mouse button and click the left one a bunch of times. :)

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

mcyahwe posted:

Aaaaaam, never realized you could turn off the menu bar. Has that been there for long?

Since some Opera 10 beta or RC

Mithaldu posted:

Just hold your right mouse button and click the left one a bunch of times. :)

I knew that, but just selecting a page could be easier than flipping back a bunch of pages. "Could be," that's why I'm going to try to do without the buttons.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Wheany posted:

Since some Opera 10 beta or RC

I knew that, but just selecting a page could be easier than flipping back a bunch of pages. "Could be," that's why I'm going to try to do without the buttons.

It's been there a lot longer, but a lot more hidden. I know I did it on Opera 9 for a while.

And that sounds like a job for the History panel.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?

Casao posted:

Nothing under the menu but more address bar.

Link URLs pop up on hover, so no status bar. Keyword searches. You could get rid of the menu button and pop it up with alt, but I prefer the clickability.

Other than that, everything's done with gestures or shortcuts.

How did you get that singular navigation button? I really like that.

Also what theme are you using?

Satire Forum Mom fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 2, 2009

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Satire Forum Mom posted:

How did you get that singular navigation button? I really like that.

Also what theme are you using?

Singular navigation button? Which one? Button on the left of tab is the menu button, button on the right side is just the Undo button.

That's the default Opera 10 theme, it was a fresh install so no old stuff to install and deal with. Using something a bit bluer now, don't have my laptop with me so I can't pull up the name but it's an IE-alike or Windows Vista theme.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003

Casao posted:

Singular navigation button? Which one? Button on the left of tab is the menu button, button on the right side is just the Undo button.

That's the default Opera 10 theme, it was a fresh install so no old stuff to install and deal with. Using something a bit bluer now, don't have my laptop with me so I can't pull up the name but it's an IE-alike or Windows Vista theme.

Oh, I see- that menu button appears when you turn off the menu bar.

Also, I've been using the dance 'n' shout theme forever, so I don't even recognize the default theme.

davebees
Feb 18, 2009
I hope they update the Tango CL theme for 10 because the default menu button looks pretty bad with it:

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!

Wheany posted:

I'm assuming that Reload from Cache button is a custom button because I can't find it anywhere in Opera by default. I can't imagine why I would need that personally but then again, I have a lot of seemingly useless buttons, most of which I hide in the View Bar with its toggle button. :haw:

EDIT: Found this nice little video by Opera Software about (some of) Opera 10's features as well as Opera in general. Nice for new people, etc.

Sergeant Hobo fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 2, 2009

Cosmopolitan
Apr 20, 2007

Rard sele this wai -->

Satire Forum Mom posted:

Oh, I see- that menu button appears when you turn off the menu bar.

Also, I've been using the dance 'n' shout theme forever, so I don't even recognize the default theme.

K, I must be blind or something. How do you turn off the menu bar?

Edit: gently caress, nevermind. :) This is way better.

Is there a way to switch the Panel button with the Menu button without looking dumb? They just look awkward if you switch their places. I dunno, to me it just makes more sense to put the Panel button on the edge, since it opens something on the edge of the browser.

Cosmopolitan fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 2, 2009

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Sergeant Hobo posted:

I'm assuming that Reload from Cache button is a custom button because I can't find it anywhere in Opera by default.

Yep, made it with The Opera Custom Button & Command Creator

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

Anybody figure out a solution to Opera 10 bookmarks not appearing in Launchbar?

Also has OperaLink stopped multiplying the number of notes endlessly every time it syncs?

Actually now I am just trying to downgrade back to 9.6, and I am finding that OperaLink is simply not working. Is this a flaw with Opera 10 or a flaw with Opera Link?

kapalama fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 2, 2009

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Since upgrading, I now get a "no new messages" popup when I manually tell it to check my mail for each account.

I don't like this, and I cannot find a way to disable it. Prior to 10 it would just pop up if there was a message.

Cosmopolitan
Apr 20, 2007

Rard sele this wai -->

kapalama posted:

Anybody figure out a solution to Opera 10 bookmarks not appearing in Launchbar?

Also has OperaLink stopped multiplying the number of notes endlessly every time it syncs?

Actually now I am just trying to downgrade back to 9.6, and I am finding that OperaLink is simply not working. Is this a flaw with Opera 10 or a flaw with Opera Link?

Works just fine for me. Try doing a completely clean install. Uninstall Opera, delete all folders in Program Files, AppData, ProgramData, etc., and reinstall Opera 10. See if it works then.

cocaine
Apr 12, 2008

Wheany posted:

Yep, made it with The Opera Custom Button & Command Creator

I don't see reload from cache in the actions lists. How did you do it?

Oh and opera turbo is stupid. It doesn't use the cache, it rerenders every image instead. Why not rerender it once and then use that for cache?

cocaine fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 2, 2009

Nuker
Aug 19, 2009

krylex posted:

Since upgrading, I now get a "no new messages" popup when I manually tell it to check my mail for each account.

I don't like this, and I cannot find a way to disable it. Prior to 10 it would just pop up if there was a message.

opera:config#UserPrefs|ShowNotificationForNoNewMessages

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!

cocaine posted:

Oh and opera turbo is stupid. It doesn't use the cache, it rerenders every image instead. Why not rerender it once and then use that for cache?

The idea for Turbo is for mobile browsing. On a desktop, unless you're on 56K dial-up or something excruciatingly slow, there's really no need for it.

Nobdy
Apr 12, 2004
LOLLERZ LOLLERZ LOLLERZ LOLLERZ
I started getting this error with turning off the menu bar. Where's my button? I know I can just hit alt to bring up the menu, and actually I kind of like it that way, but really, it probably shouldn't disappear on its own.

It seems that if I change any settings while it's in use it turns the button off. Anyone else getting this? Maybe it's just this skin.

davebees
Feb 18, 2009

Nobdy posted:

I started getting this error with turning off the menu bar. Where's my button? I know I can just hit alt to bring up the menu, and actually I kind of like it that way, but really, it probably shouldn't disappear on its own.

It seems that if I change any settings while it's in use it turns the button off. Anyone else getting this? Maybe it's just this skin.

The button's been disappearing for me too, I'm using the Tango CL skin.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

cocaine posted:

The command's name is "Refresh display"

Are there any good skins for Opera 10 on netbooks. I'm using Breeze simplified micro, but it's becoming more and more broken the more outdated it's getting.

Okay, not broken-broken, but it doesn't have an "undo close tab" or "show menubar" buttons, so Opera uses the defaults, which have needless margins on the left and right.

MY SCREEN REAL ESTATE

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Okay, I haven't used Opera in at least 2 years. Today I installed 10.0 on my laptop, purchased last March, which has never had Opera installed on it, ever.

Somehow, my two-year-old bookmark list was there when it finished installing and opened. I never told it to import...never told it to do ANYTHING, I merely installed it and it was there.

what the hell just happened :tinfoil:

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Wheany posted:

The command's name is "Refresh display"

Are there any good skins for Opera 10 on netbooks. I'm using Breeze simplified micro, but it's becoming more and more broken the more outdated it's getting.

Okay, not broken-broken, but it doesn't have an "undo close tab" or "show menubar" buttons, so Opera uses the defaults, which have needless margins on the left and right.

MY SCREEN REAL ESTATE

Just pick one you like and drop the icon size in the appearance window, works fine.

walumachoncha
Jul 22, 2004
fraeulin doesn't like linux/GNOME :(
Ugh why did they gimp wand to simply store passwords instead of the autocomplete funtion that worked so well for forms :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!

walumachoncha posted:

Ugh why did they gimp wand to simply store passwords instead of the autocomplete funtion that worked so well for forms :mad:

Wand worked with forms? :raise: