Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midelne
Jun 19, 2002

I shouldn't trust the phones. They're full of gas.
May or may not be a good place to ask, but has anyone done any work with Comforce? They would, unsolicited, like to "discuss a position" with me, and unless they're awful to work with I'm inclined to jump at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest

Midelne posted:

May or may not be a good place to ask, but has anyone done any work with Comforce? They would, unsolicited, like to "discuss a position" with me, and unless they're awful to work with I'm inclined to jump at it.

Did you have your resume posted on any sites? It looks like they are a staffing agency so I would assume they look at resume's posted to Job sites to find people they think will work for a specific position. At least I couldn't find anything negative about them on Google.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Midelne posted:

Keep your current job, the stories are awesome!

Midelne
Jun 19, 2002

I shouldn't trust the phones. They're full of gas.

Magwai posted:

Did you have your resume posted on any sites? It looks like they are a staffing agency so I would assume they look at resume's posted to Job sites to find people they think will work for a specific position. At least I couldn't find anything negative about them on Google.

Yeah, I have a resume up on quite a few sites. Just wondering if this was the "Check out this amazing $10/hour gig, 6+ years of experience, MCSE+CCSP+Bachelor's required! (ps temp job)" type of staffing agency or something a bit higher up.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

This may or may not be the thread, but I posted myself in here a few days back. I just got an offer from a small (sub-10 employee) consulting firm in the DC area. It's a 15k raise over my current position, and a seniority bump as well.

What's people's experience been with small consulting firms? Doubly so in this economy. Everywhere I've worked has either been 40+ employees, OR not doing consulting in any form.

The bonus structure is good, and the guy who interviewed me (company president) was extremely competent, but I also am sliiiiighly wary in this economy. Thoughts?

edit: VVV I'm currently looking because my current superior is not quite so competent to put nicely. That said, its a very secure position - I'm just curious as to people's experiences with the security / longevity of a similar size consulting firm :) VVV

Walked fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 25, 2009

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If you talked to the company president and he's not a loving idiot, take the job! I'm sure there's loads of people reading your post who would like nothing more than to work in a company that's not run by a stuffed suit.

cliffy
Apr 12, 2002

royallthefourth posted:

If you talked to the company president and he's not a loving idiot, take the job! I'm sure there's loads of people reading your post who would like nothing more than to work in a company that's not run by a stuffed suit.

A thousand loving times this.

Bob Jones
Mar 6, 2007
Nerve Stapled

Walked posted:

What's people's experience been with small consulting firms? Doubly so in this economy. Everywhere I've worked has either been 40+ employees, OR not doing consulting in any form.
I work for a small consulting firm that does mostly small business or small financial firms in the New York area. We have had enough of a downturn to stop expanding in the last year but its not make-or-break time for us. Mostly because of the age of the company - we have a lot of continuing business and word of mouth referrals. It would be good to know how old that firm is because growth for us is flat. For a consultant that can be pretty hard since new consultants tend to find themselves crowded out of good hours by the guys who have been there and know all the clients by name. When I started I found myself working with newer clients who didn't have it yet in their mind to ask for the same person all the time.

Also your boss is going to be important when new to consulting because clients will get crazy about what might seem like small amounts in terms of billed hours. Its hard to tell from one meeting whether or not your boss is a throw you under the bus type of guy when it comes to a billing dispute. It is very critical to keep notes of everything and anything you do.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Bob Jones posted:

I work for a small consulting firm that does mostly small business or small financial firms in the New York area. We have had enough of a downturn to stop expanding in the last year but its not make-or-break time for us. Mostly because of the age of the company - we have a lot of continuing business and word of mouth referrals. It would be good to know how old that firm is because growth for us is flat. For a consultant that can be pretty hard since new consultants tend to find themselves crowded out of good hours by the guys who have been there and know all the clients by name. When I started I found myself working with newer clients who didn't have it yet in their mind to ask for the same person all the time.

Also your boss is going to be important when new to consulting because clients will get crazy about what might seem like small amounts in terms of billed hours. Its hard to tell from one meeting whether or not your boss is a throw you under the bus type of guy when it comes to a billing dispute. It is very critical to keep notes of everything and anything you do.

It's a company thats been in business for about 8 years. However I ended up declining the position, while there was a nice raise, and I liked the company a whole lot, the benefits left a LOT to be desired, not enough to make up for it in the end.

Still looking, but getting lots of calls re: consulting positions.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I was browsing hotjobs yesterday and came across an add for lanwanprofessional.com, which promises to pay to get me CCIE certified so I make lots and lots of money. Seemed too good to be true, so I looked them up... sure enough, lots and lots of complaints. As near as I can tell from the comments, they do put you through a training course, but the bulk of the complaints are that the training is completely insufficient, and oh, they're not even Cisco partners.

:sigh: That's what I get for getting a glimmer of hope that I found something promising.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
My experience: total of 10 years IT experience, last two jobs were 6 months ISP helldesk, then 20 months as a sysadmin/developer (60/40 split). Looked after a heterogenous OS X/Windows network in higher education, and developed apps in Perl/MySQL/Postgres & ASP.net/C#. Also have a B. Sci with Honours in Molec. Bio & Comp Sci and an M.Sc that will probably never get finished.

What I'm looking for: contract work in the Windsor area, not too fussed. Prefer systems admin, consulting work, tech support, junior dev work. Long shot: would be very interested in any bioinformatics work available.

What I'm NOT looking for: anything permanent or that requires driving enormous distances every day.

Where I live: Windsor, Ontario.

Where I'm looking: Windsor area, maybe as far as Chatham. Also happy to telecommute.

When I can start: late September/early October.

Requirements: None really, but would like a job that doesn't give me too may things to post here

Can be reached via: This thread, PM.

I’m an Australian citizen on a Working Holiday Visa so can work in Canada up until mid-2011 before any potential employer has to worry about work permits.

MrBishop
Sep 30, 2006

I see what you did there...

Soiled Meat
Position filled...

MrBishop fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 20, 2009

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

MrBishop posted:

Hooray! We finally got funding approved for another software developer so that I won't be so lonely.

Who we are: Carthage Veterinary Service, Ltd. Don't let the name scare you away, we're not a vet clinic (although the company originally was many years ago). We are now one of the industry leaders in swine production consulting, with clients throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, China, and Japan.

Where we are: Carthage, IL. Wait, where? It's a town of about 3,500 people, roughly 2.5 hours north of St. Louis, 5 hours from Chicago. Very relaxing small-town feel, but there are bigger areas to live that are within easy commute distance.

Job description: Here's what our HR department put together:
[Looking for someone] who is highly motivated, detail oriented, and is excellent at managing daily tasks and projects. Bachelor’s degree in Software Development or equivalent and 2 years related experience in programming is required. Candidate will have practical experience with C#, Microsoft DotNet technologies, and administrative and design experience with Microsoft SQL, MySQL. This position requires the ability to create, modify and document a conceptual and detailed design and write code based on a conceptual description of business logic.

What we're really looking for: The new job title is Senior Systems Programmer. We're a 99% MS shop, basically we need someone who knows their way around C#, mostly ASP.Net but also a little WinForms, with experience with MS SQL at a minimum (we still have a couple projects running on MySql that we will be transitioning to MS). We don't necessarily need a superstar, but you will need to know your way around the Framework as well as OO design concepts, project planning, basic knowledge of data structures and CS fundamentals.

Why you'd want to work here: As I mentioned above, we're one of the leading consultancies in the country (probably the world) in our field. Pork is a huge industry in North America, and growing around the globe. Our clients include Joe Bob down the road, some of the top 10 producers in the world, as well as BIG PHARMA. Apart from the pressure of timelines that always seem too short, the work environment is pretty chill. In a couple months, we'll be moving into a new (well, newly remodeled) office building, part of an old college campus we purchased a couple years ago.

Pay and benefits: I can't really speak to exactly what the pay will be, I would guess in the $35000 +/- 2k range. Bear in mind that cost of living here is far below what you'll pay in the city, ie apartment or house with parking + utilities will run ~$1000/mo. Benefits aren't bad, health is paid for you, options for dependents. We have both annual profit-sharing and 401k plans.

PM me or post back in this thread if you'd like more info.

I'd be interested in talking to you more about this position. Do you have an e-mail address I can write you at?

MrBishop
Sep 30, 2006

I see what you did there...

Soiled Meat

americanzero4128 posted:

I'd be interested in talking to you more about this position. Do you have an e-mail address I can write you at?

You can email me now using the link in my profile.

mattisacomputer
Jul 13, 2007

Philadelphia Sports: Classy and Sophisticated.

My experience: 3 years directly supporting end users in desktop support environment, 2 years directly supporting users in a junior network admin environment. Familiar with the following technologies:
Windows Server 2k, 2k3, 2k8; Windows 98, 2k, xp, vista, 7; Sonicwall, Microsoft ISA, Pix, Linksys, Zyxel, Watchguard, and Stonegate firewals. Symantec/Veritas BackupExec 9 through 12.5, Symantec Endpoint and previous AV techologies. Dell/HP Server hardware, all desktop hardware. Core MS Server technologies - AD/DNS/DHCP/WINS/ and fileshares/permissions, etc. Familiar with 3com switches.
What I'm looking for: A junior network admin position, I'm pretty confident in administering networks of 1-75 users.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk/ Desktop Support.
Where I live: South New Jersey
Where I'm looking: South New Jersey/Philadelphia/Portland, OR - I'm looking to move there but depending on work here I may stay. Basically depends where I find the job I'm looking for.
When I can start: within 28 days.
Requirements: Health insurance is a must 30-35k year. Preferably with some kind of health insurance.
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, matt1090@gmail.com, Aim:stupid1090, msn:matt1090@gmail.com

mattisacomputer fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 31, 2009

Keebler
Aug 21, 2000
I need a new job something fierce...

My Experience: 6 Years experience developing control and automation systems for industrial machinery. Embedded programming (PLC ladder logic, assembler, basic), client side software (C/C++). Motion control systems utilizing servo/stepper motors. I've even dabbled very briefly in Verilog and FPGAs.

What I'm Looking For: Systems level software development/test work. I like working close to the hardware.

What I'm NOT Looking For: Web development or IT admin jobs.

Where I Live: Poughkeepsie, NY

Where I'm Looking: Northeast US though I'll relocate almost anywhere for the right job.

When I Can Start: Immediately after giving suitable notice to current employer.

Requirements: Health insurance at a bare minimum. Make me an offer, we can haggle.

Can Be Reached Via: PM or jhirst@hvc.rr.com

Keebler fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 1, 2009

Merk Mang
Jan 24, 2004

Why don't you just get up and dance?
Couldn't hurt, right?

My Experience: ~3 Years doing desktop support and minor network maintenance for students at my university. Graduated in May '09 with a B.S. in Informatics from Indiana University. I've done class work mainly in Python, SQL, and C/C++. I'm currently working on being A+ certified.

What I'm Looking For: Entry level jobs, particularly help desk and junior development.

What I'm NOT Looking For: Unemployment

Where I Live: Central Indiana

Where I'm Looking: Mainly in the Midwest, but I'd be more than happy to move elsewhere.

When I Can Start: ASAP

Requirements: Looking between 30k and 35k with some sort of health insurance

Can Be Reached Via: I prefer e-mail: mmerkler@indiana.edu and my AIM is in my profile however I'm rarely logged on.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost
I'm not sure if this is the place to be asking, but I figure it's worth a shot: I'm looking for a Web Developer to help me out with integrating some social networking services like flickr's photostream and delicious' linkroll to my portfolio website. I'll say it upfront: I'm going to be crotchety and demand pixel-level perfection, but I can pay up to $200-300 for the work.

If you're interested, PM me or email me at pipes@freelanceastronauts.com.

draccio
May 11, 2005
I am the BullFrog
My experience: 5+ years of technical support / light network administration and IT project coordination via phone, e-mail and in person. I have an A.S. in Network Administration, a B.S. Computer Information Technology, and a Network+ Cert. I plan on going for my M.S. in either IT Management or IT Project Management or something equivalent.

What I'm looking for: A more senior desktop support role leading to a supervisor or manager role, preferably with IT related projects. Will consider junior system or network administration roles.

What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk or solely phone support via an incoming queue.

Where I live: Southern, NH area
Where I'm looking: Southern, NH area

When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer.

Requirements: Full benny’s would be a plus but a decent package needs to be available. Healthcare, dental and LTD, STD is a must.

Can be reached via: This thread or draccio@gmail.com. Please include *SA* in the subject field. I can give out a more professional e-mail when needed.

Akujunkan
Dec 28, 2006

the vicious cycle
Great thread, btw. Where else can you hire people with avatars of dinosaurs eating people? :)

This is a contract job for one project, but if you’re great, we’ll probably have more projects.

What we're looking for: We need a Salesforce.com developer to create an application to integrate our email marketing system with Salesforce.com.

Examples of what we want:
http://www.verticalresponse.com/tutorials/salesforce/?target=%2Ftutorials%2Fvideos%2Fsalesforce%2Foverview%2F
http://email.exacttarget.com/ETWeb/appexchange_demo.aspx
http://imagestore.boomerang.com/bwdemos/SF_Overview/SF_Overview.htm

Helpful info:

Our API:
http://www.lyris.com/help/lm_api/1.5.2a/
http://www.lyris.com/help/lm_api/10.0/)
We run on a Microsoft SQL database.

Contact Info: If you’re interested in bidding on the project or if you have any questions, you can email me at Lheller (at) netatlantic (dot) com.

A quick write up of the following is appreciated:

- description of how your application will work
- what features you will offer
- programming language
- examples of relevant work experience
- how long it would take
- cost & payment terms

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Akujunkan posted:

This is a contract job for one project, but if you’re great, we’ll probably have more projects.
Just to be clear, is this an Internet-based job (as in, candidates don't need to be from a specific location to apply)?

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default

draccio posted:

My experience: 5+ years of technical support / light network administration and IT project coordination via phone, e-mail and in person. I have an A.S. in Network Administration, a B.S. Computer Information Technology, and a Network+ Cert. I plan on going for my M.S. in either IT Management or IT Project Management or something equivalent.

What I'm looking for: A more senior desktop support role leading to a supervisor or manager role, preferably with IT related projects. Will consider junior system or network administration roles.

What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk or solely phone support via an incoming queue.

Where I live: Southern, NH area
Where I'm looking: Southern, NH area

When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer.

Requirements: Full benny’s would be a plus but a decent package needs to be available. Healthcare, dental and LTD, STD is a must.

Can be reached via: This thread or draccio@gmail.com. Please include *SA* in the subject field. I can give out a more professional e-mail when needed.

Emailed you about a desktop support role in Peterborough.

pukeduke
Nov 20, 2003

¡GOOOOOOALLLLLLL!
Heres a (multiple job) opening for Limewire LLC in the NYC area. Yes, Limewire is a real company with a real (nice) office in downtown Manhattan near Canal & Broadway.

Who are we?
You've probably heard of the P2P client, but we do quite a bit more than that, most of it being OSS. We run a music store, a podcasting directory, and quite a few other projects. Our parent company (Limegroup) runs a brokerage, a quantitative trading company, NYC area cultural programs, and others...

Where are we?
Manhattan, NYC babby

What are we looking for?
We have quite a few technical positions open currently. The list from the most recent HR email includes:

Visual Designer
User Experience Designer-Client
Java Developer (Store)
Java Web UI Developer (Store)
Technical Program Manager
Java Swing UI Developer (Client)
PHP Developer
Scientist, Data Mining*new
Flex Developer
mySQL DBA
Senior QA Tester

You can read extended job descriptions on the right hand side of http://wiki.limewire.org/index.php?title=JoinLimeWire, but it isn't even that complicated. If you are competent and love what you do, you would probably fit in well with us. If you are a programmer and the idea of writing a fibonacci function makes your hands shake, you might not be the best fit.

Why work for us?
Because it kicks rear end here. We are still pretty small(~100 people all told), and we have a pretty flat organizational structure. Great perks: 5 weeks vacation, health/dental/all that good stuff, very laid back office environment, relaxed hours, free lunches every day, 401k matching, extremely frequent happy hours where hipsters may or may not get beer poured all over them ( http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/07/02/the-infamous-2009-limewire-pizza-fiasco/ - but please note fiesty asian girl doesn't actually work for limewire ), and the list goes on.

Sounds awesome, I want to apply!
Your choice: PM me, shoot one of those electronic mails to dhaas at limewire.com (thats me), or email HR directly (from the Careers link above) with your resume/cover letter. You probably have a better shot going through me though, because I know how smart all you SHSCers are.

pukeduke fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 2, 2009

draccio
May 11, 2005
I am the BullFrog

Richard Noggin posted:

Emailed you about a desktop support role in Peterborough.

Got it and replied, thanks!

draccio
May 11, 2005
I am the BullFrog

pukeduke posted:

Heres a (multiple job) opening for Limewire LLC in the NYC area. Yes, Limewire is a real company with a real (nice) office in downtown Manhattan near Canal & Broadway.

Who are we?
You've probably heard of the P2P client, but we do quite a bit more than that, most of it being OSS. We run a music store, a podcasting directory, and quite a few other projects. Our parent company (Limegroup) runs a brokerage, a quantitative trading company, NYC area cultural programs, and others...

Where are we?
Manhattan, NYC babby

What are we looking for?
We have quite a few technical positions open currently. The list from the most recent HR email includes:

Visual Designer
User Experience Designer-Client
Java Developer (Store)
Java Web UI Developer (Store)
Technical Program Manager
Java Swing UI Developer (Client)
PHP Developer
Scientist, Data Mining*new
Flex Developer
mySQL DBA
Senior QA Tester

You can read extended job descriptions on the right hand side of http://wiki.limewire.org/index.php?title=JoinLimeWire, but it isn't even that complicated. If you are competent and love what you do, you would probably fit in well with us. If you are a programmer and the idea of writing a fibonacci function makes your hands shake, you might not be the best fit.

Why work for us?
Because it kicks rear end here. We are still pretty small(~100 people all told), and we have a pretty flat organizational structure. Great perks: 5 weeks vacation, health/dental/all that good stuff, very laid back office environment, relaxed hours, free lunches every day, 401k matching, extremely frequent happy hours where hipsters may or may not get beer poured all over them ( http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/07/02/the-infamous-2009-limewire-pizza-fiasco/ - but please note fiesty asian girl doesn't actually work for limewire ), and the list goes on.

Sounds awesome, I want to apply!
Your choice: PM me, shoot one of those electronic mails to dhaas at limewire.com (thats me), or email HR directly (from the Careers link above) with your resume/cover letter. You probably have a better shot going through me though, because I know how smart all you SHSCers are.

drat, too bad you are 5 hours a away and not looking for an experienced desktop support analyst, technician / computer fixerererer.... :)

Akujunkan
Dec 28, 2006

the vicious cycle

brc64 posted:

Just to be clear, is this an Internet-based job (as in, candidates don't need to be from a specific location to apply)?

Yes - location doesn't matter, so long as we can get in touch with you via email or phone at a reasonable hour during the project.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 27, 2010

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default
[redacted]

Richard Noggin fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 26, 2012

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Weird, I had somehow managed to double-post my first post... in the same post. Not sure how long it's been like that, but it should be cleaned up now. I probably hit Edit twice in SALR or something. Good luck goons!

Alowishus
Jan 8, 2002

My name is Mud
Who are we? Sony Online Entertainment (the EverQuest people)

Where are we? San Diego, CA (just north of MCAS Miramar)

Job Title: Linux Systems Administrator

Job Description:

Says HR: "The Linux Systems Administrator will be responsible for the deployment and maintenance of Linux systems and application software in multiple clusters worldwide. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of Linux and related technologies, and will be capable of working in a multiple-distribution environment."

You'd be the fourth member of our "Unix Operations" team which is responsible for administration of all production servers running Linux. Even though they say "multiple-distribution" basically everything is RedHat-derivative of some variety. We're also talking thousands of servers, so if you have or are interested in large-scale systems experience, this is an attractive environment.

Requirements:
  • A four year Technical/Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
  • Minimum of 5 - 7 years experience with multiple Linux distributions, installation, configuration management and patch administration as member of a production support team.
  • Strong knowledge of Linux kernel configuration, performance monitoring, and tuning.
  • Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Sendmail, Apache (1.x & 2.x), Tomcat, Squid, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP.
  • Strong knowledge of large-scale Linux deployment methodologies, kernel configuration, performance monitoring, and tuning. (There are 4000+ server in our production environment)
  • Strong experience with Perl and bash scripting.
  • Experience working with load balancing technologies and large-scale web server farms.
  • Good written and verbal communication skills.
  • Strong organizational skills.
  • Advanced problem solving skills.
  • Experience with large-scale (multiple-TB) NAS/SAN environments (EMC, Network Appliance, and Brocade experience preferred).
  • Experience in supporting large-scale database installations – including Oracle, EDB technologies.
  • Proven ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies.
  • Be part of 24x7 on-call rotation schedule.
  • Proven ability to quickly isolate and troubleshoot issues under pressure in a production environment.
  • Ability to clearly document design and procedural information.
  • Must be willing to travel to domestic and international datacenter locations.
  • Previous experience as a member of an IT operations team.

Note that this is the HR-ified skills list. It's reasonably accurate for the job, but also overreaching - we know we aren't likely to find one person with everything, so don't hesitate sending a resume just because you don't have something like large-scale SAN experience.

Benefits: Says HR: "SOE offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, 401K, Vision and additional perks. SOE is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer."

Why work for us? SOE's a pretty good place to work. It's a nice and casual workplace, as you'd expect at a gaming company. There's a ton of work to be done, so there are lots of opportunities to see a need, make it a project of yours and resolve it. The department is filled with tech savvy people, including managers, so your geek side will always feel comfortable.

Contact: Send your resume to me at "jpenix at soe.sony.com" and I can put it right in front of the hiring manager. I'm happy to answer any questions I can about job specifics or working here at SOE, either in this thread, via PM or email, so ask away.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Alowishus posted:

jpenix

Is your last name Penix? If not, that's a really unfortunate email address. If so, hah!

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Removed since I found something awesome a while ago.

Kreeblah fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 19, 2012

amishpurple
Jul 21, 2006

I'm not insane, I'm just not user-friendly!

Alowishus posted:

Who are we? Sony Online Entertainment (the EverQuest people)

Where are we? San Diego, CA (just north of MCAS Miramar)

Job Title: Linux Systems Administrator

Sent you over my resume. Probably a little under qualified, but it's worth a shot!

rocket lad
Feb 3, 2004
omfgyouguyz
My experience: 9 years of overall IT; most (6 years) in independent consulting (PC/server builds and repair, basic network installs, etc). 3 years of windows 2000/2k3 admin, a small amount of linux admin, and some experience with higher-end Cisco switches. I have the following certs: CCNA, Linux+, Network+, A+, and I have an active DoD Secret clearance.

What I'm looking for: upper-level desktop support, Windows admin, or a junior-level network engineer/admin role

What I'm NOT looking for: entry level

Where I live: central NC, near Winston-Salem
Where I'm looking: Charlotte and Raleigh/RTP areas of NC, and the DC metro area

When I can start: immediately

Requirements: decent benefits package, prefer salary of at least $50k.

Can be reached via: this thread, or rocketlad at gmail dot com.

rocket lad fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 8, 2009

Gorm20
Dec 15, 2005

I believe I just shat myself...
My experience: 4 1/2 years of help desk/computer lab support in a small university setting, lots of Microsoft office experience with Word + Excel, I have some basic knowledge of HTML and VB.net as well. I am currently finishing up a bachelors in Business Administration, I have an associates in Computer Information Systems and will work towards acquiring a Masters in Information Technology. I have plenty of computer repair experience, I was a firedog tech at Circuit City for a few months before they went under, and I do some side repairs and installations for friends.

What I'm looking for: Something entry level, Interoffice Technical support for a small company, fixing computers, possibly some HTML programming. Contract preferred, since I still want to keep my university job at night (4:30pm -10:30pm)

What I'm NOT looking for: Help Desk job thats 100% over the phone, I'd like to avoid it if I can, I am much better person to person.

Where I live: Southern, NH
Where I'm looking: Southern, NH

Requirements: Benefits would be great, pay can be negotiable.

Can be reached via: this thread, or labtech365@hotmail.com, Put SA in the title so I know where its from.

Gorm20 fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 9, 2009

trephine
Sep 29, 2001

Get off my bed
edit: See the newer post.

trephine fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 18, 2010

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default

Gorm20 posted:

My experience: 4 1/2 years of help desk/computer lab support in a small university setting, lots of Microsoft office experience with Word + Excel, I have some basic knowledge of HTML and VB.net as well. I am currently finishing up a bachelors in Business Administration, I have an associates in Computer Information Systems and will work towards acquiring a Masters in Information Technology. I have plenty of computer repair experience, I was a firedog tech at Circuit City for a few months before they went under, and I do some side repairs and installations for friends.

What I'm looking for: Something entry level, Interoffice Technical support for a small company, fixing computers, possibly some HTML programming. Contract preferred, since I still want to keep my university job at night (4:30pm -10:30pm)

What I'm NOT looking for: Help Desk job thats 100% over the phone, I'd like to avoid it if I can, I am much better person to person.

Where I live: Southern, NH
Where I'm looking: Southern, NH

Requirements: Benefits would be great, pay can be negotiable.

Can be reached via: this thread, or labtech365@hotmail.com, Put SA in the title so I know where its from.

I emailed you. While we are looking for a desktop support person, it's definitely not an entry level position. You should know Windows desktop OSes well, and have basic network troubleshooting skills.

Doug
Feb 27, 2006

This station is
non-operational.
My experience: 1+ year administrating/building several Windows and Unix servers. I have experience with VoIP, particularly Asterisk. I'm very comfortable with the CLI of Unix and can navigate my way through AD fairly well as well. I'm no networking pro, but I'm comfortable configuring Cisco and Adtran routers. I also have a degree/experience in Finance, so I wouldn't mind working in that industry; as long as it was in an IT role.

What I'm looking for: Something entry level, preferably as a junior admin of a Unix or Windows environment. I would consider tech support if the right opportunity came along.

What I'm NOT looking for: I'd prefer no over the phone tech support.

Where I live: Louisville, KY

Where I'm looking: Surrounding areas

When I can start: ~1 month

Requirements: Benefits(hopefully with dental because my current company doesn't offer it :(). Ideal salary would be ~40k

Can be reached via: PM, email at burns.dr@gmail.com, or this thread

FyRe
Jul 28, 2003

I gotta stop laughing or I'll run out of room.
Eh... worth a shot

Background: Have been writing software in pretty much every language since I was 12. Have a physics degree from GaTech with several semesters of computational physics experience, professional work experience, and am currently a mathematics grad student at NYU. I'm particularly good at web development with PHP/MySQL and JavaScript.
What I'm looking for: Any kind of software job such as contract, part-time, or full-time with flexible hours. I have a total of 6-10 hours a week of class/seminars during 9-5 business hours, rest are evening.
What I'm NOT looking for: A vanilla 9-5.
Where I live: Manhattan, NY.
Where I'm looking: Easily accessible from NYU by subway.
When I can start: In 5 minutes.
Requirements: Flexible-enough hours so that I can go to class. Don't need benefits, I have them.
Can be reached via: PM, jsj271 [at] nyu [dot] edu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkstar07
Nov 19, 2007

HOW DOES MY URETHRA SOUND?
My experience: Close to 6 years experience from helpdesk/computer tech to MOSS/Sharepoint Administrator and Desktop Architect (Basically very good at desktop support with a sprinkling of experience in servers, networking, etc)
What I'm looking for: A job working for a small company or medium sized business, with good people and cool culture.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk or basic support in large environs.
Where I live: Aurora, IL (W. Chicagoland) area
Where I'm looking: Same area.
Requirements: Decent pay is nice of course, and decent benefits.
Can be reached via: This thread, darkstar_07 (at) hotmail (dot) com