Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Also does anyone else love Chiodos? I have a feeling some of you may regard them as "scene wankery" but they are really so much more :3:

edit: and for those who were hating on Emmure, you can't listen to "Chicago's Finest" and tell me that isn't an epic song

x TOMMYBOY x fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

edit - WOW, wrong thread. I'm sorry. Nothing to see here

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Also does anyone else love Chiodos? I have a feeling some of you may regard them as "scene wankery" but they are really so much more :3:

edit: and for those who were hating on Emmure, you can't listen to "Chicago's Finest" and tell me that isn't an epic song

That's actually one of the only Emmure songs I like. It's solid.

Also, the new ETID is loving awesome, as if there was any concern that it wouldn't be. Those guys are always a good time.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

listen to "when keeping it real goes wrong" and tell me that isn't the worst song you've ever heard.

WON'T YOU BE MY BRIDE? What the gently caress is that poo poo.

And no, no one loves Chiodos. They suck dick too. This is the worst thread. I'm amazed at how constantly you guys name drop horrible poo poo.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

Pantalones! posted:

listen to "when keeping it real goes wrong" and tell me that isn't the worst song you've ever heard.

WON'T YOU BE MY BRIDE? What the gently caress is that poo poo.

And no, no one loves Chiodos. They suck dick too. This is the worst thread. I'm amazed at how constantly you guys name drop horrible poo poo.

I disagree on both points? Why don't you just get the hell out of this thread.
Chiodos' first album is mostly golden.
edit: as far as "keeping it real goes," the wont you be my bride part is the weakest part of an otherwise intense face-punching song.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

I disagree on both points? Why don't you just get the hell out of this thread.
Chiodos' first album is mostly golden.
edit: as far as "keeping it real goes," the wont you be my bride part is the weakest part of an otherwise intense face-punching song.

Why don't I get out of this thread? Because I enjoy metalcore and I keep hoping someone starts dropping good bands.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Pantalones! posted:

Why don't I get out of this thread? Because I enjoy metalcore and I keep hoping someone starts dropping good bands.

How about instead of bitching you drop us some knowledge?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Good bands?

Blood Has Been Shed ain't nothin' ta gently caress wit'. I lost my copies of their first two albums. That makes me sad. Time to listen to Spirals.

On the subject of Emmure, "Second Hand Smoke" from "The Complete Guide To Needlework" is awesome, even if it is "Carbomb" with a sampled intro piece. In fact, that album was pretty solid as a whole, and I wish they'd followed that sound/style... "Looking A Gift Horse In The Mouth" is great.

Wamsutta fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 5, 2009

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Wamsutta posted:

Good bands?

Blood Has Been Shed ain't nothin' ta gently caress wit'. I lost my copies of their first two albums. That makes me sad. Time to listen to Spirals.

I only listened to one song on Youtube, but they remind me a lot of KSE - not particularly fond of them. Any recommendations for better songs than "She Speaks to Me"?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I only listened to one song on Youtube, but they remind me a lot of KSE - not particularly fond of them. Any recommendations for better songs than "She Speaks to Me"?

They probably remind you of KSE because Howard Jones is the frontman... She Speaks To Me is their most "mainstream" song if you can even come close to calling BHBS that.

Faded Pictures, Faded Memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI0hkqX81uM&feature=related

That's a good taste of BHBS even if the recording quality's not perfect.

Edit: Check out "Wetwork" and "Six Twelve" too.

Wamsutta fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 5, 2009

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

A5H posted:

The genre doesn't suck. But in comparison to the old metalcore thread this is filled with scene wankery.

I just want to talk about music :(

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Wamsutta posted:

They probably remind you of KSE because Howard Jones is the frontman... She Speaks To Me is their most "mainstream" song if you can even come close to calling BHBS that.

Faded Pictures, Faded Memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI0hkqX81uM&feature=related

That's a good taste of BHBS even if the recording quality's not perfect.

Edit: Check out "Wetwork" and "Six Twelve" too.

drat, now that was good. They put on a pretty good live show, too, it looks like.

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008

krustster posted:

I just want to talk about music :(

I agree. Enough genre/band bashing.

Wretched - A Preservation Of Immortality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_lJWU0LzP0

I love this loving band. The beginning is heavy as poo poo.

HERE, AT THE BREAK OF DAWN!!!!!!!

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

MalConstant posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_lJWU0LzP0

I love this loving band. The beginning is heavy as poo poo.

HERE, AT THE BREAK OF DAWN!!!!!!!

Hey cool, I didn't like the vocal intro but this song is bitchin as hell!

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

I'm very much looking forward to a new Chidos album, though I have no idea whether or not they're even working on one.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Wamsutta posted:

I posted about how awesome Maylene and The Sons of Disaster are and nobody replied thanking me for exposing them to an awesome band in the vein of ETID :(

Seriously people check them out they're awesome groovy southern rock with the occasional metalcore flair

I didn't thank you because I was already agreeing with you :) . Also, check out Memphis May Fire's debut "Sleepwalking", especially the tracks North Atlantic vs. North Carolina and You're Lucky It's Not 1692. They have a bit of a Southern flavor - not as much as Maylene, but you will probably like 'em. Oh, and you of course know all about "Suck Out the Poison" by He Is Legend, right?

radikewlism
Jan 4, 2007

MalConstant posted:

I am definitely liking this. Thanks (though I wish they wouldnt slow down as much as they do in the song, I kept getting worried it was about to get mellow)

Pres
Dec 20, 2005

ever since I could remember I been poppin' mah collar
This thread is now about how loving amazing the new ETID album is.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Pres posted:

This thread is now about how loving amazing the new ETID album is.

I can't stop listening to For the Record, but the only thing I don't like about the album is The Marvelous Slut simply because I feel like Greg could have done so much more.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Hahah. Here is a local band. I'm sure their one song sounds terrible to y'all but I like it for beating people up

http://www.myspace.com/noremorsetx

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Hahah. Here is a local band. I'm sure their one song sounds terrible to y'all but I like it for beating people up

http://www.myspace.com/noremorsetx

The song is decent, but there's nothing really unique about it.

And about ETID... I don't get what people like about them so much... to be honest their music kinda bores me.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The new etid is very good :) .

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Just listened to new ETID.... me likey..

edit: i usually don't like them either, but this just sounds groovy and at the same time erratic and wonderful 8)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Just listened to new ETID.... me likey..

edit: i usually don't like them either, but this just sounds groovy and at the same time erratic and wonderful 8)

Yeah, they've really nailed it this time. More erratic than the last two full lengths, but held together by the songwriting lessons from those albums as well.

the phisH
Sep 1, 2006
You help me, and in turn, I am helped by you.
new threat signal leaked.. although I'm pretty sure its just a rip of the album stream on their myspace. Its pretty great with less Linkin Park vocals and longass melody outro bullshit.

Ramseyk
May 30, 2005
hi
Will someone please listen to this band? They are awesome and deserve recognition. No Consequence (lovely name yes, good music though)

For fans of Veil of Maya and deathcore in general.

http://www.myspace.com/noconsequence

I assure you metalcore people will not be disappointed!!!!

the phisH posted:

new threat signal leaked.. although I'm pretty sure its just a rip of the album stream on their myspace. Its pretty great with less Linkin Park vocals and longass melody outro bullshit.
What Threat Signal are you listening to? The one I'm hearing has a shitload more Linkin Park lame poo poo. Unfortunately. I mean the riffs are good and all but Jon Howard needs to cut back on the clean singing. It really brings down the album (although I like it once in a while)

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Ramseyk posted:

What Threat Signal are you listening to? The one I'm hearing has a shitload more Linkin Park lame poo poo. Unfortunately. I mean the riffs are good and all but Jon Howard needs to cut back on the clean singing. It really brings down the album (although I like it once in a while)

my GOD do I agree with this. I loving hate his singing. On the other hand I think the new Divine Heresy vocalist is a good singer despite being similar, because he doesn't sound as nasal and gay. A few other guys like Lawrence Mackrory and also Guillaume-whatever from Scarve are able to do it well. I don't know why the Threat Signal guy doesn't realize he sounds awful though.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

in other news I have obtained the new Black Dahlia Murder (through legitimate means, though it may be out officially now) and it sounds really good so far. Obviously similar to Nocturnal but it seems faster and more action-packed.

edit: doesn't hit stores till the 15th but it's probably floating around out there now. Listen to "Black Valor" for best results.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

krustster posted:

in other news I have obtained the new Black Dahlia Murder (through legitimate means, though it may be out officially now) and it sounds really good so far. Obviously similar to Nocturnal but it seems faster and more action-packed.

edit: doesn't hit stores till the 15th but it's probably floating around out there now. Listen to "Black Valor" for best results.

I didn't think they could improve upon nocturnal, but holy poo poo this album is just better in every way.

Ramseyk
May 30, 2005
hi

krustster posted:

my GOD do I agree with this. I loving hate his singing. On the other hand I think the new Divine Heresy vocalist is a good singer despite being similar, because he doesn't sound as nasal and gay. A few other guys like Lawrence Mackrory and also Guillaume-whatever from Scarve are able to do it well. I don't know why the Threat Signal guy doesn't realize he sounds awful though.

you did not click on my link krutster i am disappointed :mad:

I don't hate Jons singing, and sometimes it can sound pretty epic, but I agree about the nasal/gay aspect too. I don't mind his singing when its used tastefully but its hardly like that on the new album, its just too much. Its a shame too because his screams/shrieks are badass and I just want more of it. It seems like they wanted every song on the new album to be Counterbalance with the nasal poo poo. Plus he can go pretty low, I'm not sure why he doesn't growl more often. It'd fit the music better than the gay Chester Park singing. He's not a bad singer, just unfocused I guess.

Too bad because apart from that the riffs are brilliant and I find myself bobbing my head to most of the songs. Plus whats up with all the ballads? There's like two extremely radio friendly songs on there that wouldn't be radio friendly if it wasn't for his singing. Growl more!

EDIT: BDMs new album is brilliant. As I said in an earlier post, the drumming is tighter, the riffs are more technical (in a good way), Trevors vocals have always been awesome, and the solos are great. My biggest gripe is that it sounds really chaotic and aggressively heavy, I think I prefer Nocturnals -core sound but Deflorate is an extremely strong showing so far (this year).

Ramseyk fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 7, 2009

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Ramseyk posted:

you did not click on my link krutster i am disappointed :mad:

sorry friend I am doing it now :shobon:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Oh man, I just discovered everytime i die are touring with killswitch, inflames and maylene and the sons of disaster. It's going to be the most fun ever in the world this gig.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

A5H posted:

Oh man, I just discovered everytime i die are touring with killswitch, inflames and maylene and the sons of disaster. It's going to be the most fun ever in the world this gig.

I thought that was only in the UK :(

My friend told me about that last night and it was the biggest cocktease ever.

Also, favorite new ETID song is presently For The Record, with White Smoke as a close second. gently caress the whole album is so awesome.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wamsutta posted:

I thought that was only in the UK :(

My friend told me about that last night and it was the biggest cocktease ever.

Also, favorite new ETID song is presently For The Record, with White Smoke as a close second. gently caress the whole album is so awesome.

I am in the UK :buddy:

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

A5H posted:

I am in the UK :buddy:

:mad: Hating so much right now

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wamsutta posted:

:mad: Hating so much right now

>:]

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://exclaim.ca/#albumoftheweek is streaming the new Every Time I Die, including the two tracks only included on the deluxe edition

delusionsofgrandeur
Aug 18, 2009
I am extremely excited for DEP's Option Paralyis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWBrJU4nd0w

My Children My Bride anyone? The first riff sounds kind of like a videogame theme tune...

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Shadows Fall new album "Retribution" is floating around out there, and its pretty drat good. Definitely a return to there Art Of Balance/War Within days, since i personally thought "Threads Of Life" sucked.

Anybody hear it yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

delusionsofgrandure posted:

I am extremely excited for DEP's Option Paralyis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWBrJU4nd0w

My Children My Bride anyone? The first riff sounds kind of like a videogame theme tune...

I love MCMB they put on a great show and are one of the first *big* bands I saw live. I even chilled with Matt after the show and he was chill as gently caress, althought this was back in 2006 or so I think.

However, something tells me they won't receive much love here :(