Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Tai-Pan posted:

Is blue an okay color to like?

Is red an OK color to not like? I wouldn't spend my own money on a red car. That's what I'm sayin'. As an added caveat, whether it would get more speeding tickets or not. I wouldn't get a light-colored interior either but plenty of other people differ on that as well, and good on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Also Snopes gets something wrong in that linked article. It states:

snopes posted:

Red cars accounted for 14 percent of the local vehicle population and about 16 percent of the citations for speeding, which is not a significant difference.

It's not a significant difference when you think of it as "two percent", but that would be incorrect. It's 2/14, or 1/7, which is 14.3%. And 14.3% falls well outside the margin of error. It's significant.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

el topo posted:

It's not a significant difference when you think of it as "two percent", but that would be incorrect. It's 2/14, or 1/7, which is 14.3%. And 14.3% falls well outside the margin of error. It's significant.

that's not how sampling works. If the police are fairly sampling speeders and we claim that there is not a higher proportion of speeders in the red cars, the numbers seen here are not significant enough to disprove that hypothesis.

Swordfish
Aug 15, 2001

quote:

Ok here we go I have an acura integra that about 5500 miles ago i put in a new motor "NO I DID NOT F*** IT UP" I just up grade it.
List of terrible mods follows, then:

quote:

IF ANY OF YA NIGGAS TRY TO COME AND TAKE MY poo poo TRUST ME I GOT A NICE TOY THAT PUT YOU TO SLEEP FOR GOOD ................
Classy.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1353259079.html

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
People that put $1 on their ads can go eat a dick.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Swordfish posted:

Classy.

Dont forget the screen shot!

Normally not that big of deal but this is probably one of the worst CL ads I have seen.

quote:

Acura Integra Type R CUSTOM - $1 (Houston)
Date: 2009-09-01, 11:36AM CDT
Reply to: sale-gkzwj-1353259079@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Ok here we go I have an acura integra that about 5500 miles ago i put in a new motor "NO I DID NOT F*** IT UP" I just up grade it. I have TYPE R PISTON TYPE R RODS TYPE R CRANK (BLANCE I PAY $300 JUST TO GET IT BLANCE) STAGE 3 CLUCTH SPRING VAVLES RETAINERS AND A STAGE 2 CAMS SKUNK 2 CAM GEARS SKUNK 2 INTAKE MANIFOL PRO SERIES 330 INJECTORS RACEING MOTOR MOUNTS "INOVATION" CUSTOM COLD AIR INTAKE CUSTOM PAINT CUSTOMGSR BLADE TIRES HAVE 95% LIFE COILOVERS IN THE BACK LOWERING SRING IN THE FRONT TYPE R LIP TYPE R SPOILER. LOOK THAT MY BABY I LOVE THIS CAR BUT I HAVE TO GET A BIGGER CAR I REALY DONT WANT TO DO THIS BUT I HAVE TO AND IT MUST GO TO SOMEBODY THAT LOVES CARS AND KNOWS ABOUT IT.MAKE ME AN OFFER WITH ANY THING IM OPEN TO OPTIONS JUST PLEASE DONT COME TO WITH SOME STUPID poo poo ............ SAVE YOUR AND MY TIME.. BEST WA Y EMAIL ME AT carloskaren112004yahoo.com OR CALL ME AT 832 343 1917 OR 832 264 9534 .... O IF ANY OF YA NIGGAS TRY TO COME AND TAKE MY poo poo TRUST ME I GOT A NICE TOY THAT PUT YOU TO SLEEP FOR GOOD ................I WOULD LIKE TO TRADE FOR A 4DR INTEGRA HAVE TO GRS OR B20 OR TYPE R NO AUTOMATIC

kEY WORDS GSR TYPE R CIVIC ACURA INTEGRA B18 B16 B17 HONDA B20

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Bob Log
May 19, 2004

Hey, It's Bob Log

comrade sampo posted:

Am I looking at this wrong or does his custom install mostly consist of a big ol' dent in the tailpipe?

You're correct, which is why I was so loving boggled.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
(BLANCE I PAY $300 JUST TO GET IT BLANCE)

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Swordfish posted:

Classy.

I had to reply:

quote:

Buddy, if you had that ridiculous (and apparently unfiltered) intake on the last engine you drat sure did gently caress it up.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
Careful man, he'll put you to sleep for good....

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
His reply was kind of disappointing, but they usually are:

quote:

no rear end so i did not gently caress up the other one cuz i still have and i also have a b20z just for your info and there is a net on the front of it to stop any thing from coming in "im not that stupid.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
He didn't gently caress it up. It's pure coincidence that his hood no longer shuts all the way...

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

deviant. posted:

His reply was kind of disappointing, but they usually are:

There's a net in front of it, stupid. Ain't no trout gettin' in that engine.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009
I don't know a ton about lovely car mods, but is that a tailpipe... in the front of his Acura? Or is that some kind of air intake... something ... I don't even know.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

vs Dinosaurs posted:

I don't know a ton about lovely car mods, but is that a tailpipe... in the front of his Acura? Or is that some kind of air intake... something ... I don't even know.

It's at least supposed to look like the intake on the compressor side of a turbo. While the engine bay shot does show some pretty beefy looking piping headed in that general direction, it's still entirely possible that's not the actual turbo.

If it is though, it's in the most awesome place possible to ingest all kinds of road dirt, leaves, grit, and other assorted horribleness which it will then feed into the cylinders under high pressure. :waycool:

my1999gsr
Mar 21, 2009
That turbo intake in the lower grill is in no way connected to any turbo on that car - you can see how the exhaust manifold tucks under the oil pan with no turbo housing at all - it's purely a ricer "mod". God help us, it looks like that poor Integra has the very popular (in the early 90's) single wiper "conversion" too. To cap it all off he's listing the car as a Type R which it isn't - it's got some ITR engine parts (so he says) but that's it.

Watch out - he's got a B20Z (JDM CR-V engine if I remember right) in some other car too. That's 146 hp and 133 tq for YO rear end.

Bob Log
May 19, 2004

Hey, It's Bob Log
Oh My God! TRUE GOLD! This is right down the street from me!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/1353845243.html
1924 REO sedan project - $750

quote:

For Sale. 1924 REO 4 door sedan. This car needs a lot of work. If you're into woodwork, might be your thing. If you into chopping stuff up, might also be your thing. It is mostly there, all the sheet metal. All original drivetrain, very unique in it's own right. The only wood left for patterns is in the doors, the rear of the body, and the foot area on the front floor. All other wood was rotted. I took the body off of chassis. Currently on the car is a roller, with the radiator, cowling, and drivetrain. The rest is in the back of my truck. See the pics, give me a call. I am not firm on the $750, I just need it gone as I have lost my work area. The chassis is in American Canyon, I am in Napa. Tavis, 707.227.5850

I have the pink slip from 1964, some loose/extra parts also. This is comparable to the higher line Chryslers of the same era, and can be a sweet car when all done. Aside from that, you'll probably never see another one, unlike a Model A or Chevy.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

el topo posted:

Is red an OK color to not like? I wouldn't spend my own money on a red car. That's what I'm sayin'. As an added caveat, whether it would get more speeding tickets or not. I wouldn't get a light-colored interior either but plenty of other people differ on that as well, and good on them.

Reds fade the fastest and usually have poor opacity so they're a little bit harder to repaint, so yes it is okay to not like them.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

Boat posted:

It's at least supposed to look like the intake on the compressor side of a turbo. While the engine bay shot does show some pretty beefy looking piping headed in that general direction, it's still entirely possible that's not the actual turbo.

If it is though, it's in the most awesome place possible to ingest all kinds of road dirt, leaves, grit, and other assorted horribleness which it will then feed into the cylinders under high pressure. :waycool:

That doesn't sound like a death trap waiting to happen.

Fake edit: If it in fact isn't real, then it just looks hilarious.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

el topo posted:

That's besides me not liking red in the first place. I can't imagine why a man who's more than 12 would want a red car, except maybe if it's a Ferrari.

My Panda is red, but then again, it IS :italy:

It's the first and probably last new car I'll ever buy, and I've always liked red cars. My car, my options list, my choice of color. It's a nice patch of color in the endless sea of disgustingly boring silver cars.

Red wunz go fasta! :orks:

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

el topo posted:

There just isn't enough info to say if that's significant or not. Did the reporter take his count at a certain hour every day? Only weekdays? I think it's very possible that those could be factors ... I can imagine that a certain percentage of people would drive their sedate, black sedan to work during the week and maybe take the red Miata out on the weekend. It might be that younger people prefer red cars, and at the times the reporter observed there were less younger drivers (due to school hours, early morning hours as compared to afternoon/evenings, etc).

In short, especially as none of the numbers correlate 1:1 (and the grey/silver mismatch is bizarre indeed) there's not enough evidence to say either way. But given that there is zero evidence that red cars *do* attract more tickets other then urban legend, I think it's not worth worrying about.

As for colors, all depends on the car. The 370z looks best yellow or black. My RX-8 looks hideous in any color except red imo. A Ferrari F355 has to be yellow. And, say, a Mustang GT looks pretty good in any color (except white).

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Sep 2, 2009

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

"[ELP posted:

"]

REO Speedwagon? :)

So, are you going to buy it?

Pyruvate
Apr 4, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1350064463.html

Sir Nigel
Jun 29, 2006

I think I love this ad/car.

Sir Nigel fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 2, 2009

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Well, the guy's got a sense of humor... I wonder if that was also the case of the owner of another Smart I saw recently which had a towing ball at the back. When I saw that I thought "either this is for a bike rack, or that guy is really optimistic".

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Well now I need to find a way to come up with 6 grand

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/1353310859.html

Craigslist posted:

1969 Unimog 404 - $5990 (Vancouver, WA)
Date: 2009-09-01, 10:01AM PDT
Reply to: sale-f6s4v-1353310859@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I'm selling my 1969 Unimog 404, $5990. Email with the link above or call 503-764-5993. Odometer reads approximately 70000 km (43,500 mi). No trades. It's ex-Belgian military, imported to the US around 2000. I was planning to build this into an expedition vehicle but decided I don't need the off road capability and a different truck works better for me. So it's for sale! Would be great as a rock crawler, or put a bed on the back and use it as a truck, or get a radio box, or build a camper on the back, or...!! Lots of possibilities. It's an awesome truck, incredible off-road, it'll go anywhere. I've done a bunch of stuff to it and it's running great. Here's some of the recent work that's been done:

- Electronic ignition (Pertronix)
- New spark plugs and wires
- Rebuilt fuel pump
- New coolant hoses
- Rebuilt carburetor
- New heater core
- Rebuilt brake wheel cylinders (honed, painted, etc)
- New brake lines

There more images on the add, but im lazy. But I really want that thing, and then build a rv/mini-house on the back and live in it and go where ever the gently caress I want!

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
Someone who obviously can not write english:

ALI posted:

Volkswagen jetta 2.0 with malaige of 230000KM for the price of 3699.00$,nagotable price,sunroof, atomatic transmission,clean budy,carpet shampoo and engine washed ,orginal mags.CD player.So to get more info call ALI (514)xxx-xxxx OBO

At least he has a clean buddy.

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

el topo posted:

That's besides me not liking red in the first place. I can't imagine why a man who's more than 12 would want a red car, except maybe if it's a Ferrari.

Your pretty loving retarded. I didn't realize that liking a color makes us more juvenile.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
:pipe::As an aristocrat of the highest order, I like my Bentleys painted with a plain silver coat. Hmm yes, the color of intellectuals.

StankCheeze
Aug 4, 2003

Use racial slurs in AI?
Ban.
Actually racist?
Ban as well you whiny fucking bitch.
OK, who in AI wrote this?

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/1355615384.html

Phangor
Apr 22, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

StankCheeze posted:

OK, who in AI wrote this?

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/1355615384.html

Thats pretty good.

Click here for the full 1048x1171 image.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I swear I've read that before. He might have copied/pasted parts of it from a "Best of Craigslist" ad.

uncle_skin
Feb 23, 2004
Pretty sure it's been posted in this thread before.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 29 minutes!
Young Orc

uncle_skin posted:

Pretty sure it's been posted in this thread before.

Yeah it was, the first one was for an early 80's Camaro I believe. It was a good ad.

Rap Songs From Anime
Aug 15, 2007

"[ELP posted:

"]

You bought this immediately right?

Bob Log
May 19, 2004

Hey, It's Bob Log

akeidolon posted:

You bought this immediately right?

I don't have a place for it :| I don't have a proper garage at my current residence.

Blinken
Aug 11, 2007
Nothing sells a car like Chucky chillin' in the back seat.

Nothing was funny in the text in this one, but good god the pictures.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/1362533325.html

Somebody help mt out here, is that his EQ in the headliner ?

Impala's and carbon fiber, the chocolate and peanut butter of the automotive world.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Blinken posted:

Somebody help mt out here, is that his EQ in the headliner ?

That could very well be in the headliner. Some of those EQs have a ribbon connector that goes to the faceplate.

The big question is what the gently caress is up with that airbox? Definitely nothing good, thats for sure.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

The big question is what the gently caress is up with that airbox? Definitely nothing good, thats for sure.
By the cut, buddy just used an exacto knife on it too. Good work, champ! :waycool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

localized
Mar 30, 2008
http://maine.craigslist.org/ctd/1364158718.html

quote:

I am selling my like-new Volva S80. I purchased this nine years ago, and it has been a daily drive ever since. This is one of the fastest cars I have ever owned and I hope it can be one of the fastest cars that you could ever own! Just last month, I installed a Kenwood Excelon DNX9140 22" Multimedia Center that you can plug your iPod into, and watch movies such as Happy Feet, which is included with the package. For a sub-woofer, I have an MTX Thunder T9922, which is 22" inches and packs a punch; it really goes well with the DMX CDs that are also in the glove compartment. The speakers are Infinity Reference 4012i Coaxial Car Speakers, which run at about $10,000 dollars, and will quite possibly make your ears bleed. It's okay though, I have included a box of Puff's Tissues.

The car was white, but was then given a mustard yellow paintjob. The wheels are premium Lexani LSS-5's, but three are missing the tires. We have one 2000 Firestone Radial ATX Tire taken from our old Chevy Pickup.

The car has eight working windows, power steering, cruise control, working defrosters, a screaming fast turbo charged six cylinder engine, heated seats, a top of the line spoiler, freshly installed mats, three winshield wipers, a LOADED GPS!!!!, a CUSTOM DUB EDITION GRILL!!!, a PC Running Windows 7 with 800 Rams and 7 terabytes of space, a top of the line WebCam installed on the dash, and beautiful tinted windows.

I love this car, and I'm sad that I have to give this up. It was a perfect hill coaster. Did I forget to mention that it has no engine or transmission? The car weighs about 2,000 Kilos, however I could never find that tricky keyhole. There's a battery in there... somewhere.

(603) 493-9784

Ask for Richie.

Which one of you was this?