Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JoachimLPQ
Nov 8, 2006

JFYM
I too just started listening to Ellis after they started putting him on The Virus, now I'll generally try to catch him every afternoon rather than the O&A replay to see what I missed while I was still asleep.

The best thing about him is he's yet to become overly jaded like Stern and O&A. It's funny sometimes, but you can only listen to people moan and complain about poo poo for so long until you just want something less depressing.

RED DRAGONS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

JoachimLPQ posted:

I too just started listening to Ellis after they started putting him on The Virus, now I'll generally try to catch him every afternoon rather than the O&A replay to see what I missed while I was still asleep.

The best thing about him is he's yet to become overly jaded like Stern and O&A. It's funny sometimes, but you can only listen to people moan and complain about poo poo for so long until you just want something less depressing.

RED DRAGONS!

Anthony said the same about him, something along the lines of "wow you can hear it in his voice, just like our old days, being young and full of piss and vinegar, just wait until he gets beat down from being in radio"

It is great getting into his show so early so we can hear it change and see Stern pass him the "torch" someday.

RED DRAGONS!

LANkrypt0
May 28, 2001

ph33r
Been listening to Ellis for a few months now. One of my original complaints with the show is he habitually talked over people when they were talking, whether it was a caller or a guest, whoever. Thankfully over the past month it's been much better and there is a much more back and forth between people. Now I just wish they'd fix the loving phones.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

When I first heard the Jason Ellis show, I thought I was hearing some burnt-out former British metal roadie. I pictured him as a skinny long haired old stoner wearing a headband. Then he starts talking about his MMA fights and "dropping Metallic'r albums" on girls' heads(I cried from laughter when I figured out what a 'Metallica album' was), I kept listening and got hooked.

If you wanna add this to the OP, I was really charmed by listening to his pre-fight interview before his first pro MMA fight, maybe it'll charm some others:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X5M9oGasYo the interview starts at 2:56. Really I think that sums him up in a nutshell(minus the witty banter).

The only beef I have after Ellis was on Stern...I listened loyally for the weeks before the appearance and it was like he was hardly trying, it became painful to listen to. Then after Stern BOOM he kicks it back up and starts being entertaining and exceptionally funny again. But it's alright I love the guy anyways. Someone should call in and tell him that he's got 2 pages of thread. THAT is a feat. RED DRAGONS

ps I am SO getting a wolfknifelasertorch T-shirt when he comes out with em.

Omglosser fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 7, 2009

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Omglosser posted:

When I first heard the Jason Ellis show, I thought I was hearing some burnt-out former British metal roadie. I pictured him as a skinny long haired old stoner wearing a headband. Then he starts talking about his MMA fights and "dropping Metallic'r albums" on girls' heads(I cried from laughter when I figured out what a 'Metallica album' was), I kept listening and got hooked.

If you wanna add this to the OP, I was really charmed by listening to his pre-fight interview before his first pro MMA fight, maybe it'll charm some others:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X5M9oGasYo the interview starts at 2:56. Really I think that sums him up in a nutshell(minus the witty banter).

The only beef I have after Ellis was on Stern...I listened loyally for the weeks before the appearance and it was like he was hardly trying, it became painful to listen to. Then after Stern BOOM he kicks it back up and starts being entertaining and exceptionally funny again. But it's alright I love the guy anyways. Someone should call in and tell him that he's got 2 pages of thread. THAT is a feat. RED DRAGONS

ps I am SO getting a wolfknifelasertorch T-shirt when he comes out with em.

I forgot about that video, I added to the end of the OP, he is pretty drat goofy in the interview. At least he ended up winning though!

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

UncleMonkey posted:

Boom, motherfucker!

I am totally on board to have a thread to discuss Ellis.

RED DRAGONS!

We must be soul mates or something.

I've been listening to Ellis since he first appeared on Tony Hawk's weekly show years ago. He never fails to make me laugh, even if I'm having a horrible day. People who don't like him haven't really listened to him. Even knowing everything about him, I would gladly have his lovebabies. I think he's the only person I'd say that about. In conclusion, red dragons!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Looks like Benjy Madden from Good Charlotte is the new bass player of Taintstick.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
I wish Mayhem would hang out more than just Monday's. The two of them together have great chemistry. It's rare enough to find one meatneck that can actually be insightful and eloquent, let alone two.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

It's better to burn out than to fade away.

It's even better to work out, numbnuts.

Arzakon posted:

Are you that terrible caller?

No. That was phil beavers. He is crazy delusional. Because he's called in to the show a few times he thinks he's jason's bff or part of the show or some poo poo. But that's what I was referring to.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Ellismate is sick so we'll probably be getting another best of today.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
I listened to this for the first time ever on Friday. He was ripping into some guy because he didn't believe in fish telepathy. It was pretty funny. Is the show like that all the time?

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
Bah a 9lb baby is nothing, i was 12 lbs 10 ozs and so fat my collarbone was broken during delivery. Also his show is annoying and i quickly change it anytime i jump into my friends car and hes listening to it.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Nosaj posted:

Bah a 9lb baby is nothing, i was 12 lbs 10 ozs and so fat my collarbone was broken during delivery. Also his show is annoying and i quickly change it anytime i jump into my friends car and hes listening to it.
And your friend lets this happen without punching you in the face? Since when is it OK to get into someone else's car and mess with their radio? :colbert:

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Nosaj posted:

How about you just not post in this thread then, loving troll.

And yeah best of for Ellis

Jellismate Twitter posted:

Sorry to all my radio listeners, I'm sick 4 real. Throughts hosed and I can't talk. And I can't give this to Tully or the tussin. My bad

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

Man he really can't spell or read can he.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

idolmind86 posted:

I wish I could find the audio of his spelling bee vs. Rev Bob they were both so awful. Jason got nothing correct and I think Bob won with one word spelled correctly.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Yeah they turned it into a few promos. Jason trying to spell graduate is classic. "G-R-A-G-U-R-E-A-T?"

Girthy
Mar 4, 2008
gently caress YES! Been waiting for someone to make this thread. Ellis is the best show on radio after Stern.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

idolmind86 posted:

Yeah, its the only thing that really sucks about him. But then again, he became a professional skateboarder at 17 so how can you really blame him?

'I'm the seventh greatest skateboarder in the world, spell that motherfucker!'

Girthy
Mar 4, 2008
One of the things I love about the show is how well educated Cowfucker and RawDog are in contrast to Ellismate and vice versa when Ellis talks about being badass and RawDog is so naive.

Also, someone should link to this thread or even buy him an account. He would flat out come on SA and chat it up with us.

It'd be GLORIOUS!

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Girthy posted:

One of the things I love about the show is how well educated Cowfucker and RawDog are in contrast to Ellismate and vice versa when Ellis talks about being badass and RawDog is so naive.

Also, someone should link to this thread or even buy him an account. He would flat out come on SA and chat it up with us.

It'd be GLORIOUS!

I could see Tully or Rawdog posting here but I know Ellis only tweets because he can do it on his phone, I doubt he would post here.

It is indeed amazing when Ellis can't think of something he can say like three words to Tully and he can figure it out.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Is anybody on Ellismania? I was thinking of getting a subscription mostly because I want to give Ellis my money, but i'm kind of curious of the content besides the videos and what not.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
If today was a best-of, why did they have that annoying couple on, the X Games Motocross and his dum-dum wife. That was pretty unlistenable.

Onion
Jan 14, 2005

by Fistgrrl
I've thought about making this thread many times, but was too lazy to do it. Thank you, OP!

Anyhoo, the only real complain I have about the show is Mayhem. Everytime he's on there the douchebag just wants to get into an hour long circle jerk on the air with Ellis about fame and how famous they are now. It seems like Ellis is thankfully getting away from that, but goddamn that makes for some boring radio.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

If today was a best-of, why did they have that annoying couple on, the X Games Motocross and his dum-dum wife. That was pretty unlistenable.

I don't think it's an actual best of really, and that they only just replay a previous show in its entirety.

Mayhem rules.

Schwartz
Oct 21, 2003

As cheesy as it sounds, since I've started listening to Ellis every day, I've lost over 30lbs. He's got this "Don't be a loving pussy, man up, and do it" attitude about life, and it works really, really well. No excuses, no bullshit, just get poo poo done.

Also, tit cobra.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

-Atom- posted:

Is anybody on Ellismania? I was thinking of getting a subscription mostly because I want to give Ellis my money, but i'm kind of curious of the content besides the videos and what not.

I recently bought an account out of boredom.

He has about 400 or so videos on there of him and family and friends and show people. Some are short, some are longer, some are funny, some aren't even entertaining. Videos get added almost daily.

I dunno, it's a good way to get a laugh for a few hours if you're bored.

Also, he does go live (so do tully, tussin and his wife) from time to time and you get access to that as well. Unfortunately I'm on the east coast so I usually miss when someone goes live, which is usually in the evenings (west coast).

Over all, I'd say it's worth it, especially if you have the time to catch the live shows.

I don't know if I'll keep it forever but right now I can swing the five bucks a month.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

Schwartz posted:

As cheesy as it sounds, since I've started listening to Ellis every day, I've lost over 30lbs. He's got this "Don't be a loving pussy, man up, and do it" attitude about life, and it works really, really well. No excuses, no bullshit, just get poo poo done.

Also, tit cobra.

Same here, except it's about 50lbs since last December when I started listening. He just motivates the gently caress out of me, and I think of him yelling "HARDEN THE gently caress UP!" at me when I'm on a run and feel like taking a break.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

Just to chime in on another reason why I like ellis, aside from being hilarious he is one of few people in the media who really seem to care about making your life better and pushing yourself to achieve your goals. It's pretty drat refreshing.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Yeah, after listening for the past few months my birthday came up a few weeks ago and I asked for new kickboxing equipment instead of nerdy tech stuff like I normally get.

He really gets you pumped up and makes you feel bad if you're overweight so you will want to get back in shape.

RED DRAGONS!

Ethangar
Oct 8, 2002

The Jason Ellis show is easily my favorite talk show on all of satellite radio. I'm not even into motocross, MMA, or a good chunk of the other stuff his show is often about. Yet, he still manages to entertain the crap out of me. I also think Cowfucker and Rawdog are pretty much the perfect counterparts for him. Big thumbs up on this show.

Wandering Idiot
Jul 22, 2003

by Ozma

Sock The Great posted:

I love the show, but for the love of god please get their phone system fixed. I feel like 40% of the show is them trying to get callers on properly.

When I had Sirius, this was the problem with all of the shows I listened to. A lot of mornings listening to Alex Bennett, he wouldn't be able to take calls for the entire show due to their lovely phone system. It wasn't bad until a few months after the merger.

Is there by chance a podcast of Ellis' show? I do miss listening to that goofy fuckball on my way home from job sites.

Schwartz
Oct 21, 2003

TwistedNails posted:

Yeah, after listening for the past few months my birthday came up a few weeks ago and I asked for new kickboxing equipment instead of nerdy tech stuff like I normally get.

He really gets you pumped up and makes you feel bad if you're overweight so you will want to get back in shape.

RED DRAGONS!

Tully's rant a few weeks ago about obese people was loving epic.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

Am I the only one that can't stand Steve-o? I find that guy mega annoying.

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

idolmind86 posted:

Am I the only one that can't stand Steve-o? I find that guy mega annoying.

Hardly the only one. I had to change to a different station while he was on. Though, honestly, I think he's was less annoying now than when he was using (assuming he's really clean now) -- though still too loving annoying for me to listen to.

nathan x
Mar 6, 2006

I still can't believe I sat through Paul Blart: Mall Cop to see Ellis. We stopped watching it when he got KO'd.

juggalol
Nov 28, 2004

Rock For Sustainable Capitalism

Guy Compton posted:

Hardly the only one. I had to change to a different station while he was on. Though, honestly, I think he's was less annoying now than when he was using (assuming he's really clean now) -- though still too loving annoying for me to listen to.

I think he's much more tolerable now that he's clean, mainly because he can complete multiple full sentences without the Beavis-like laughter or stretching out a "duuude".

Edit:

nathan x posted:

I still can't believe I sat through Paul Blart: Mall Cop to see Ellis. We stopped watching it when he got KO'd.

I wouldn't watch Paul Blart: Mall Cop if I had a bit part in it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

nathan x posted:

Haha, what was his role in the flick?

I was pretty bored of Steve-O and find his voice incredibly annoying, but when he mentioned his new found love for Jesus or religion I perked up a bit.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

juggalol posted:

I wouldn't watch Paul Blart: Mall Cop if I had a bit part in it.
Yeah, I have to agree with juggalol. nathan x, I don't know whether to admire you for your dedication or pity you for it.

-Atom- posted:

I was pretty bored of Steve-O and find his voice incredibly annoying, but when he mentioned his new found love for Jesus or religion I perked up a bit.
Oh Christ, he went all born again? It's like that old Denis Miller routine: funny how these people want to turn their lives over to Jesus after they've hosed up so badly that no one down here will talk to them anymore.

UncleMonkey fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 10, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
I was wondering where the Ellis thread was because I saw we had O/A and we had Stern and I was like, "gently caress, where's my Young Wing?"

Ellis rules, been listening to his show for about 3 years now. The first time I flipped it on, he was telling a story about tearing his foreskin and shooting blood all over some girl accidentally, and it was amazing.

• Locked thread