Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuntius
May 7, 2004

(not a fag)

Lediur posted:

Logitech's software for the Mac isn't the best.

But with uberOptions on Windows, my MX doesn't experience any of the problems you've mentioned. Couple that with the ability to bind any of the additional function buttons to anything, and this is probably the best mouse I've owned.

Trying not to derail horribly but the Free* USB Overdrive software for the mac is great like this...no need to install the Logitech software, you can map the keys to anything.

*This is shareware...you have to pay to get rid of the 'welcome to usb overdrive' pop up box on system start up...but you can also just click 'close' and I only restart my computer when a system update comes along so it's not an issue at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iCaPpY
Sep 18, 2007

WHERE'S
MY
CHIPPY??

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Just my desk at work, nothing interesting really, except the boss doesn't care what we put up on the walls.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Phillyt posted:

For the 78" VIKA AMON, it says you need an extra leg. I assume that means you need 5 legs, not 6?

Edit: Found my answer:

Interesting how that works.

This is what I chose to do for my desk - fun fact, you don't actually need the 5th leg. In order to accomodate all my crap, I modified it slightly - adding a hackneyed shelf 8" off the desk surface, that I could sneak my reciever, lovely kvm, center speaker, and 360 underneath. It's worked well so far, and had juuuust enough room on the shelf for my 2 bookshelf speakers, a 19, 22, and 26" Acer. Got rid of the 19 just recently because A) I don't use it and B) When I have money again, I'll replace it with another 22", or get a second 26" and relegate my 22 to bitch work.

One warning about the desk-top. It's hollow.

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

PopeOnARope posted:

This is what I chose to do for my desk - fun fact, you don't actually need the 5th leg. In order to accomodate all my crap, I modified it slightly - adding a hackneyed shelf 8" off the desk surface, that I could sneak my reciever, lovely kvm, center speaker, and 360 underneath. It's worked well so far, and had juuuust enough room on the shelf for my 2 bookshelf speakers, a 19, 22, and 26" Acer. Got rid of the 19 just recently because A) I don't use it and B) When I have money again, I'll replace it with another 22", or get a second 26" and relegate my 22 to bitch work.

One warning about the desk-top. It's hollow.

I ended up buying a used Galant with T-Legs. Got really lucky that the dude had my size, color, and legs and I saved $100! I love it. When I move to my new apartment and get everything set up, I'll update the thread with new pictures.

VanguardTruth
Mar 11, 2006

Da Troof
Got a new MBP, so the desk needed some reorganization.

Got the mStand for the MBP and the old macbook sits below it, waiting at the ready if it is ever needed again for files etc. I wonder if there is a program for OSX to be able to jump my mouse between the MBP and the Macbook if I for example ran the macbook closed off the external monitor.

VanguardTruth fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 12, 2009

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

VanguardTruth posted:

Got the mStand for the MBP and the old macbook sits below it, waiting at the ready if it is ever needed again for files etc. I wonder if there is a comparable program for OSX to be able to jump my mouse between the MBP and the Macbook if I for example ran the macbook closed off the external monitor.

Give teleport a try. I have it on my eMac, MBP, and unibody MacBook. It operates as a kind of software kvm.

linky: http://osx.iusethis.com/app/teleport

nobleclem
Apr 13, 2005
HOW MANY RED TITLES DO I HAVE TO HAND OUT BEFORE YOU PEOPLE LEARN TO STOP CLOSING THREADS IN SH/SC?
I currently use synergy+ to share my keyboard/mouse with a mac and windows.

Works pretty good. Will work better once they have clipboard sharing working again as well as native encryption for the network communications.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Seconding Teleport. Very nice and clean configuration UI through a prefpane, clipboard sharing, and you can drag small files back and forth between computers. I was a synergy man until I discovered Teleport. Mind you, synergy is cross platform compatible, and Teleport is Mac only as far as I can tell, if that plays into your decision at all in the long term.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Martytoof posted:

...and you can drag small files back and forth between computers.

In theory you can drag big files back and forth too. It just does a copy command between the two machines. I don't recommend this, though. I had to kill it once when I accidentally dragged a 4gb .iso from one machine to another (I was trying to drag it onto a dock icon). I've used synergy+ a few times but I really dig the integration into system preferences and clipboard syncing is really handy.

On topic: Vanguard, you should space your satellite speakers around your workspace/room more. As set up you're going to get muddier sound and aren't benefiting from the multiple channels. If you really don't have a place for the rear speakers, consider leaving them disconnected. (Nice Buddy Christ, btw)

VanguardTruth
Mar 11, 2006

Da Troof
^^^^ Your advice is sound! (:rimshot:) I run an external soundcard with firewire, and the MBP only has the smaller firewire 800 port, so I can't run all channels. Only the front two and sub are active right now. Once I find a way to make the smaller port on the macbook fit the larger cable coming from the soundcard, I'll space the speakers out. It was the best place for them right now. Still a good call.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

VanguardTruth posted:

Once I find a way to make the smaller port on the macbook fit the larger cable coming from the soundcard, I'll space the speakers out.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10301&cs_id=1030105&p_id=331&seq=1&format=2

VanguardTruth
Mar 11, 2006

Da Troof
That's pretty much exactly what I planned to grab. Ordered.

EDIT: I'll post new pics when I get the cable and separate the speakers. The sound card is a Griffin Firewave. Anyone else have any experience with one of these? I don't exactly love the thing. It doesn't save my settings once I disconnect it and you have to re-configure it every time. Very annoying.

VanguardTruth fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 13, 2009

halonx
May 4, 2005

I just finished my basement and I'm pretty proud of how my home office turned out.

Check it:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
replaced my old 20" imac

Crush
Jan 18, 2004
jot bought me this account, I now have to suck him off.

Don Lapre posted:

replaced my old 20" imac

This is beautiful.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Don Lapre posted:

replaced my old 20" imac

How the hell do you people stand having your chair that far below the desk, particularly on a desk that goddamned shallow?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Hypnolobster posted:

How the hell do you people stand having your chair that far below the desk, particularly on a desk that goddamned shallow?

if im sitting up straight my face points directly at the top half of the screen. if i lean back i can tilt the monitor down

syphon
Jan 1, 2001

syphon^2 posted:

I cleaned up a bit, then went to take the pic. I felt bad that my MacBook Pro was being left out, so I threw it on my desk, even though it's not doing anything there. I also wanted to show off my new Hazro HZ24Wi monitor.

Click here for the full 1406x980 image.

Bumping the thread just so I can quote myself with my new rig. I moved, bought a new desk, sold the old PC (and am now using the MBP exclusively), and even got a new username! About the only thing that's the same here is my monitor and MBP.

Click here for the full 1408x1056 image.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

syphon posted:

Bumping the thread just so I can quote myself with my new rig. I moved, bought a new desk, sold the old PC (and am now using the MBP exclusively), and even got a new username! About the only thing that's the same here is my monitor and MBP.

Click here for the full 1408x1056 image.

Sup Galant buddy. Setup is before is largely the same as previous posts, but moving into a new place.

syphon
Jan 1, 2001

glompix posted:

Sup Galant buddy. Setup is before is largely the same as previous posts, but moving into a new place.

Looks like we're Logitech G5 buddies as well.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

nocarbon
Apr 6, 2002

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Zam Wesell fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Sep 5, 2009

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Just moved and got myself a new monitor.

Better camera too.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Zwille posted:

Pretty much determined that this will be my next setup. Bar stool and high table. Maybe not such a wide/long table, but that's 95% of what I want.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Zwille posted:

Is there a dog under that sheet

Sir Nigel
Jun 29, 2006

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

Is there a dog under that sheet

Nah those are probably dirt clothes/sheets/pillows/cheetohs bags.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Just recently reorganized, but still a mess:

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Photex posted:

Just moved and got myself a new monitor.

Better camera too.

Is that the 22" from Dell that was on sale for like $150? I got one of those as a second monitor and couldn't be happier with it.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

TremorX posted:

Is that the 22" from Dell that was on sale for like $150? I got one of those as a second monitor and couldn't be happier with it.

yep it was, 148 shipped to my door, fantastic monitor so far.

mantralord
Apr 28, 2004

nocarbon posted:

Hey, which case is that? It looks nice and I might consider it for when I finally switch to mATX (it is a mATX case right?)

Happy Pizza Guy
Jun 24, 2004

"Yeah, it was incredible, the drugs, the sex, the all-night parties. I really miss that Shining Time Station."
Grimey Drawer

Picked up this desk from the thrift store for $40. They assembled it improperly, but I took it apart and threw a couple of well placed drywall screws into it and now it feels as strong as a tank. I moved from an Ikea table of the same size, but having multiple tiers is so much more efficient. I'm loving it thus far.

sonikburn
Jun 12, 2001

CAN I OFFER YOU A NICE EGG IN THIS TRYING TIME?
This is my new toy, the Samsung NC10 netbook. It's pretty solid so far, but I haven't gotten a chance to really play around with it too much yet.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

mthang0851
Sep 15, 2002

Diamonds Are Forever!

Happy Pizza Guy posted:

Picked up this desk from the thrift store for $40. They assembled it improperly, but I took it apart and threw a couple of well placed drywall screws into it and now it feels as strong as a tank. I moved from an Ikea table of the same size, but having multiple tiers is so much more efficient. I'm loving it thus far.

drat I would luv to know what type of desk that is, perfect wat I need.

allcowseatgrass
Sep 30, 2007

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic. Im just giddy that I have the most understanding wife in the universe since this is in our bedroom.

Happy Pizza Guy
Jun 24, 2004

"Yeah, it was incredible, the drugs, the sex, the all-night parties. I really miss that Shining Time Station."
Grimey Drawer

MitchFM posted:

drat I would luv to know what type of desk that is, perfect wat I need.

I'd actually love to know, too. I'm so happy with it that I've decided to take the measurements and make it again myself if I ever have to move. The only thing I could see about it that I might dislike in the future is that it really wouldn't work for two monitors :(.

sonikburn posted:

This is my new toy, the Samsung NC10 netbook. It's pretty solid so far, but I haven't gotten a chance to really play around with it too much yet.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

I'm sorry to do this, but why did you post this? How could anyone care about a cell phone photo of a stock netbook and nothing else? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this thread is not called "post a lovely picture of your computer."

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Zwille posted:

Beautiful room. I think you have very good taste

Weedle
May 31, 2006

allcowseatgrass posted:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic. Im just giddy that I have the most understanding wife in the universe since this is in our bedroom.

Nobody gives a poo poo about your computer specs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo about your computer specs

Hey, I want to know where I can get that 980gt and what it scores in 3Dmark!