Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delusionsofgrandeur
Aug 18, 2009

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

I love MCMB they put on a great show and are one of the first *big* bands I saw live. I even chilled with Matt after the show and he was chill as gently caress, althought this was back in 2006 or so I think.

However, something tells me they won't receive much love here :(

I know I worried about posting it for that reason, lucky you getting to chill with Matt, how'd you manage that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Bleh, MCMB... never really cared for them.

Anyone heard The Irish Front? I'm not really sure what they're up to at the moment (haven't paid attention since the release of Universe), but they've made some pretty awesome music - especially their first CD/EP or whatever. Fun stuff.

My favorite song from their EP is Carnavorium which doesn't have a decent quality video on youtube, I'll keep looking to see if I can find one.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I know I'm really late to the party on this one but I just grabbed Unearth's "The March" and man this is loving GREAT. I haven't listened to them regularly since the Oncoming Storm days and I feel like a rube now. So jammin'.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Wamsutta posted:

I know I'm really late to the party on this one but I just grabbed Unearth's "The March" and man this is loving GREAT. I haven't listened to them regularly since the Oncoming Storm days and I feel like a rube now. So jammin'.

Thanks for the suggestion, im gonna have to check this out. Ive never listened to Unearth before :(

MetaKaiser
Jun 3, 2006
It's evolution, baby
Hahaha, MyChildren MyBride just played around here recently. Their merch guy was this little dude with "Militia" tattooed on his head and he jumped into the pit and started trying to man handle people. Someone put him head first into the wall. Greatest thing I've ever seen. South Jersey just goes hard.

The band is loving amazing though. Headshot anyone? loving, the heaviest song about Halo ever written hahaha.

I've been listening to a lot of Born of Osiris and Liferuiner recently. Question about Liferuiner: are they actually edge or are they mocking the tough-guy edge kids?

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

MetaKaiser posted:

Hahaha, MyChildren MyBride just played around here recently. Their merch guy was this little dude with "Militia" tattooed on his head and he jumped into the pit and started trying to man handle people. Someone put him head first into the wall. Greatest thing I've ever seen. South Jersey just goes hard.

The band is loving amazing though. Headshot anyone? loving, the heaviest song about Halo ever written hahaha.

lolol did they play Linkin Park's "One Step Closer" when you saw them? They did when I saw them with Parkway Drive and it was just so ridiculous that I couldn't help but love it. The singer said "I know you guys know the words to this one, even if you don't want to admit it!"

he was right :(

delusionsofgrandeur
Aug 18, 2009

krustster posted:

lolol did they play Linkin Park's "One Step Closer" when you saw them? They did when I saw them with Parkway Drive and it was just so ridiculous that I couldn't help but love it. The singer said "I know you guys know the words to this one, even if you don't want to admit it!"

he was right :(

Everyone in this forum probably knows the words :( it's quite sad but at the same time brilliant that they covered it...

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

delusionsofgrandure posted:

Everyone in this forum probably knows the words :( it's quite sad but at the same time brilliant that they covered it...

I remember seeing the video to One Step Closer and coming back to my freshman class homeroom the following day and telling people about this heavy as gently caress song I just heard.

Oh boy.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

-Atom- posted:

I remember seeing the video to One Step Closer and coming back to my freshman class homeroom the following day and telling people about this heavy as gently caress song I just heard.

Oh boy.

I actually liked Linkin Park before they were popular because my local college radio station was playing Hybrid Theory when it came out which was oddly like a year before they hit it big IIRC :smug:

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006
STOP THE PRESSES EVERYONE. Listen to Symphony In Peril - The Whore's Trophy, it's probably one of the heaviest metalcore record ever made.

delusionsofgrandeur
Aug 18, 2009

Cock Soup posted:

STOP THE PRESSES EVERYONE. Listen to Symphony In Peril - The Whore's Trophy, it's probably one of the heaviest metalcore record ever made.

BR00TLA! \m/

this stuff is good, heavy as lead boots strapped to a cannon...

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
yeah liferuiner is not really straight edge from what i hear. same thing with MCMB, this girl i know swears to christ that they spent the night at her house and got shitfaced and ended up pouring a bottle of vodka in their fish tank, killing all the fish.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Cock Soup posted:

Surely everyone's seen this video (relevant)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71WjTKYnx48

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

yeah liferuiner is not really straight edge from what i hear. same thing with MCMB, this girl i know swears to christ that they spent the night at her house and got shitfaced and ended up pouring a bottle of vodka in their fish tank, killing all the fish.

ahahaha i loving hope that is true because that is funny as hell

Ramseyk
May 30, 2005
hi
Black Dahlia Murders new video for their single "Necropolis,"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15h_Dqd5U5E&feature=related

Bowling has never been so heavy.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Thanks for the suggestion, im gonna have to check this out. Ive never listened to Unearth before :(

Unearth are great, they lean more towards the "metal" side of metalcore but still have plenty of crunchy breakdowns. They have a lot of awesome 80s-tastic solos and riffs and poo poo. Ken Susi is an awesome guitarist. He's also like 5'4", I met him two weeks ago, haha. Small dude. He was bleeding from the top of his head and had no idea how it happened during their set.

autojive
Jul 5, 2007
This Space for Rent

Ramseyk posted:

Black Dahlia Murders new video for their single "Necropolis,"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15h_Dqd5U5E&feature=related

Bowling has never been so heavy.

I just found out that they are coming to a local venue in November. I haven't been so happy or eager to shell out 15 bucks to see a band in a long time. I'm stoked.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

They were really disappointing at Mayhem in Dallas. :(

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

I saw them outdoors at "DTE ENERGY" in the Detroit area a few years back before I was a fan of the band, and they were awesome. The crowd was huge and people were all packed together getting tossed back and forth like an ocean of bodies or some poo poo. And since they don't have breakdowns, I didn't even get punched in the head! :cool:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'm not a fan of this band, but the video makes me smile :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGxQEygJFjY

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

A5H posted:

D'awwwwwwww

Ramseyk
May 30, 2005
hi
New instrumental track by thrashy experimental band Haunted Shores (won't fly in the metal thread). I never really cared for them before but drat, this track is really great. Its not downloadable so I've been visiting the Myspace constantly just listening to it on repeat. Its THAT good. here you peeps go http://www.myspace.com/hauntedshores

EDIT: Forgot to say, the song name is "Immaterial." Its the first one on their myspace player.

Its no surprise that it was co-produced by Misha Mansoor of Periphery/Bulb internet popularity, its really catchy, heavy, and well produced, I guess.

kajeto
Mar 27, 2004
Instrumento De Muerte
Talking about The Black Dahlia Murder, I've always been in a love-hate relationship with this band. By the time Miasma came out I went to see them live and they were fun as hell. But by the second time I got to see them, I just walked away in the middle of their set, bored and annoyed as gently caress. I don't know what it is. Sometimes I just can't stand them.

However, I've been enjoying Nocturnal quite a lot, it took me a while to get over the constant high-pitched vocals though. And Deflorate sounds pretty good from what I've heard so far.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

kajeto posted:

Talking about The Black Dahlia Murder, I've always been in a love-hate relationship with this band. By the time Miasma came out I went to see them live and they were fun as hell. But by the second time I got to see them, I just walked away in the middle of their set, bored and annoyed as gently caress. I don't know what it is. Sometimes I just can't stand them.

However, I've been enjoying Nocturnal quite a lot, it took me a while to get over the constant high-pitched vocals though. And Deflorate sounds pretty good from what I've heard so far.

Were there more high-pitched vocals on Nocturnal then Miasma? I thought it followed pretty much the same flow...

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Going to see Darkest Hour and Trivium tonight out on Long Island. I will be in the parking lot drinking beer during White Chapel's set (they're on first) because seriously, gently caress those guys/their fans. I'm mainly going for Darkest Hour, but don't mind Trivium either.

kajeto
Mar 27, 2004
Instrumento De Muerte

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Were there more high-pitched vocals on Nocturnal then Miasma? I thought it followed pretty much the same flow...

You're right. But I hadn't listened to Miasma in at least a couple of years, until yesterday. For some reason I felt that Nocturnal had more high-pitched vocals.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Wamsutta posted:

Going to see Darkest Hour and Trivium tonight out on Long Island. I will be in the parking lot drinking beer during White Chapel's set (they're on first) because seriously, gently caress those guys/their fans. I'm mainly going for Darkest Hour, but don't mind Trivium either.

At the Crazy Donkey, right? I was supposed to go to that, but im going to visit MY GIRLFRIEND instead. I also missed Killswitch/All That Remains at Jones beach a couple of weeks back. Been missing alot of shows.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Yup Crazy Donkey

You also missed Unearth @ Jones that night which is unfortunate

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

A5H posted:

Haha, that was cute. I actually think this is a pretty decent track, too.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hey this is the thread for Deathcore? Kewl

Personally I think they're alright. Do a good job of hitting on a lot of ways of being brutal as gently caress for being in 1990. I've only heard Spontaneous Underground, though.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Okay that was actually pretty funny.:cool:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

A5H posted:

yo this video owns

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

MetaKaiser posted:

I've been listening to a lot of Born of Osiris and Liferuiner recently. Question about Liferuiner: are they actually edge or are they mocking the tough-guy edge kids?

My buddy used to play bass for Life Ruiner, and he used to be very straight edge - he even has "X" Tattoos. When he decided he wanted to smoke weed because it's a great time they kicked him out of the band and called him a poser and all his poo poo, then wrote a song about him. It's pretty old and it's from back when they were still playing small sceney shows, so maybe they've changed, but I know for a fact that back then they were obnoxiously straight edge.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

Business Raptor posted:

My buddy used to play bass for Life Ruiner, and he used to be very straight edge - he even has "X" Tattoos. When he decided he wanted to smoke weed because it's a great time they kicked him out of the band and called him a poser and all his poo poo, then wrote a song about him. It's pretty old and it's from back when they were still playing small sceney shows, so maybe they've changed, but I know for a fact that back then they were obnoxiously straight edge.

Hahahahha thats hilarious, which song was it...?

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Saosin's new album is out. Hugely disappointing for me, I like a couple tracks such as Fireflies, On My Own, and the Japanese bonus track but man there are a lot of throwaway, what-the-gently caress-were-they-trying (not in a good way :/) songs on this album.

Its like they were trying to move away from post-hardcore, but just ended up sounding like lovely soft rock with some cool guitars :/

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Atreyu has a new song up on there myspace for their upcoming album "Congregation of the damned"

They've said in interviews and poo poo that the album sounds alot more like The Curse (great) then Lead Sails (pure poo poo) and judging by the song, it sounds about right.

http://www.myspace.com/atreyurock

Pretty solid, looking forward to the album. The Curse/Deathgrip are two of my favorite albums.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I haven't seen these guys mentioned yet, so what's everyone's opinion on See You Next Tuesday? I only have their Parasite CD, but it's pretty drat awesome imo

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I haven't seen these guys mentioned yet, so what's everyone's opinion on See You Next Tuesday? I only have their Parasite CD, but it's pretty drat awesome imo

I like these guys. I can only listen to that type of music once in a while though, but they are one of my favorites.

MetaKaiser
Jun 3, 2006
It's evolution, baby
Tonight I saw one of the most brutal shows ever. Oceano, Stick to Your Guns, Evergreen Terrace, and headling, dugga dugga dun dun dun...Emmure. As much hate as everyone has for that band, they put on a pretty intense show. Oceano was pretty amazing too, though. Next to Emmure, they definitely put on the best show of the night and I hadn't even heard of them before they walked out on stage.

Fun story: Someone hit the bassist of Emmure in the face with a tennis ball during their set and right after the show, Frankie was ready to roll this kid out in the parking lot. He ended up completely outnumbered and surrounded by these fat fuckers that think they're "FSU" while everyone else walking around kinda egged it all on. As much as it sounds like stupid macho bullshit and as much as you all probably wish he got rolled the gently caress out, I swear Frankie was right up in every one of their faces ready to fight regardless, and most of these guys had at least 6 inches and a hundred pounds on him. Eventually the whole band came out and people started screaming poo poo at one another and the security guards and cops broke it all up. Frankie was really chill afterwards though. He was joking around with me and a few other people about it all and he was just a nice dude. I got a fuzzy camera phone picture of all this nonsense going on for the memories :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

You're right, I do wish Emmure had gotten their asses kicked. Still, ballsy of Frank though. Gotta give him that.

I am seeing Every Time I Die headline the Crazy Donkey (Long Island) on 10/5 and I cannot loving wait. I've only seen them once, and it was a 25 minute set at Sounds of the Underground two years ago. A full set in a small club = yes.