Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007

krustster posted:

agreed, album fucken owns. Featuring "MVP" and also...well, just about every song on there owns.
This is so loving brutal its absurd. The drums on this album are unreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Somebody tell me where to start with Cave In.

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008

krustster posted:

agreed, album fucken owns. Featuring "MVP" and also...well, just about every song on there owns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEM9W14TsWQ

Music is good, but the 2 vocalists look like faggots.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

WHOA album is awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO8trg7RHtI

The youtube videos dont work anymore :( whose "WHOA"?

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

The youtube videos dont work anymore :( whose "WHOA"?

Not WHOA, Despised Icon. :)

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

-Atom- posted:

Somebody tell me where to start with Cave In.

Basically every album is drastically different so you kind of need to listen around and see what stuff you enjoy, then work from there.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
Why are there two vocalists? They sound nearly identical!

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

the Bunt posted:

apparently one does high/lows and one does mids.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

MalConstant posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEM9W14TsWQ

Music is good, but the 2 vocalists look like faggots.

God that video is awful. Song is pretty cool though.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
My friend got free tickets to see BMTH and ETID at the House of Blues tommorow :) yesssss

edit: Also, if anyones interested, BMTH has a pretty cool electronic-remix album coming out. One song is up on their myspace, and heres another (imho much better) song:

http://hypem.com/track/603991/Bring+Me+The+Horizon+-+Pray+For+Plagues+Disco+Villains+Remix+

x TOMMYBOY x fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 25, 2009

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

the Bunt posted:

One of them used to do pig vocals/some gutturals, but now that everyone else is doing it I guess they decided to stop. Now it sounds like just one guy, yeah.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
The one is pretty much an alcoholic too. that makes em different.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

My friend got free tickets to see BMTH and ETID at the House of Blues tommorow :) yesssss

edit: Also, if anyones interested, BMTH has a pretty cool electronic-remix album coming out. One song is up on their myspace, and heres another (imho much better) song:

http://hypem.com/track/603991/Bring+Me+The+Horizon+-+Pray+For+Plagues+Disco+Villains+Remix+

pls post ETID setlist if you get a chance, I'm going to this show on 10/5 in Long Island

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

Wamsutta posted:

pls post ETID setlist if you get a chance, I'm going to this show on 10/5 in Long Island

I'll do my best to remember.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Well, my friend stole the setlist on the last song when everybody got on stage, but I wasn't familiar with the songs really so I can't remember. I do know they started off (or maybe it was second song?) with that New Roman song or whatever, and the second to last song was For The Record. It also said ebolorama on the setlist but idk if they played it.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

FAILURE OF ALL THINGS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YTFH1a9vS0

Most everyone I know hates this band but gently caress it! gently caress you!!!!

Sleepwalker
Nov 30, 2007
Mr. Self Destruct

the Bunt posted:

I'd never heard HTB 'til now, and I'm not even halfway through the track, but this poo poo owns. I enjoyed the Mario sample.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Well, my friend stole the setlist on the last song when everybody got on stage, but I wasn't familiar with the songs really so I can't remember. I do know they started off (or maybe it was second song?) with that New Roman song or whatever, and the second to last song was For The Record. It also said ebolorama on the setlist but idk if they played it.

For The Record is loving fantastic... and if they play Elaborama that alone will make the night for me

Woohoo, can't wait

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

the Bunt posted:

Most everyone I know hates this band but gently caress it! gently caress you!!!!

Their older stuff is way better. They take themselves a little too seriously now.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

Nah. That song is a little serious but the album on a whole is very whimsical and kitschy. It's just that they are extending their palette of sounds, and are a little more professional. Plus, they toured 40 countries in six months and made zero bucks so that might account for the more serious sound

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

krustster posted:

Just listened to MVP myself, and it's pretty drat awesome. Reminds me quite a bit of Beneath the Massacre tbh

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Just listened to MVP myself, and it's pretty drat awesome. Reminds me quite a bit of Beneath the Massacre tbh

They record in the same studio, with the same producer. Also, Beneath are the emules of Despised Icon. I don't find them too similar tho, BTM seems over technical/random way too often...

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
How does everyone like Every Time I Die's new release? Sounds to me like The Big Dirty with a bit more of an edge. Really liking it so far.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Bob Shabazz posted:

How does everyone like Every Time I Die's new release? Sounds to me like The Big Dirty with a bit more of an edge. Really liking it so far.

You missed everyone jizzing all over it a few pages ago. And with good cause... it's loving awesome.

I like everything that band has written.

Standout tracks for me on New Junk Aesthetic are tracks 4-6, blanking on the names except for "For The Record" right now.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Saints never surrender are fucken rad.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

So I'm not seeing ETID on Monday because all three of my friends who were going to go with me backed out, and going to shows alone sucks. Oh well.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wamsutta posted:

So I'm not seeing ETID on Monday because all three of my friends who were going to go with me backed out, and going to shows alone sucks. Oh well.

"friends"

Real friends go and see etid :(

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
"friends" :(

I'm going to go see Emarosa and Dance Gavin Dance on Saturday. gently caress yes.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

"friends" :(

I'm going to go see Emarosa and Dance Gavin Dance on Saturday. gently caress yes.

I'm going next Wednesday. gently caress yes.

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007
BTBAM and The Faceless this Friday. :woop:

Can't wait to hear some new BTBAM material.

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005
Parkway's been busting out some new stuff on their tour lately. I can't be sure what its called (it sounding something like "Unrest"), but it was short fast and intense. Their show in Jersey was extremely fun over the weekend. Hopefully they come back soon, having just watched their DVD makes me really want to see them tear poo poo apart again soon.

Also, thank fuckin christ there's another metalcore thread!

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Anyone else going Sunday?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Tomorrow night at Sonar in Baltimore, for me. Will be the first show I've seen in their main room

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

TheQat posted:

Tomorrow night at Sonar in Baltimore, for me. Will be the first show I've seen in their main room

Could you attempt to post a setlist?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Ckwiesr posted:

Could you attempt to post a setlist?

Yeah, absolutely. I don't mosh so I should have plenty of time to take notes in my phone

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

TheQat posted:

Yeah, absolutely. I don't mosh so I should have plenty of time to take notes in my phone

Wisdom, thanks man.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Okay, who moshes

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
15 year olds and high school dropouts.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

Yup I just stand in the back and cross my arms and look hard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I like pits they are pretty fun.