Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

The Werle posted:

Fixing a hole Maxwell's Silver Hammer parody is best parody

^^^ fixed that for ya, padnah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Box
Dec 1, 2007

by Livestock
GAHHH

Internet Cliche
Oct 18, 2004
Ninja Robot Pirate Zombie
New Strip

I think this Thri-Keen's getting off lightly for messing with the cat. EDIT: I wrote that without noticing the head was removed from the body. I'd say that's an appropriate response then.

Also, the RSS feed title for the last page was "V was only waiting for this moment to arrive" Which is from Blackbird. Which is V's familiar. Nested puns, everyone.

Internet Cliche fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 11, 2009

Dirtanium
Aug 3, 2007
Duke Nukem reference out of nowhere. Awesome.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Apparently Belkar really did know a guy the Order could have sold some slaves to if they wanted to.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Dirtanium posted:

Duke Nukem reference out of nowhere. Awesome.

Isn't it "I'mma rip your head off and poo poo down your neck"?

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

crime fighting hog posted:

Isn't it "I'mma rip your head off and poo poo down your neck"?

That would be an exact quote, which is probably why this is just a reference.

Kramer
Aug 31, 2001

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head with an iron boot?

oobey posted:

That would be an exact quote, which is probably why this is just a reference.

Then again, the Duke Nukem quote is a rip-off from R. Lee Ermey's character in Full Metal Jacket. So, it's kind of hard to say what he's referencing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I wonder if we'll ever get a strip with some other punchline than "Belkar"

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Calaveron posted:

I wonder if we'll ever get a strip with some other punchline than "Belkar"

Hehe look at how short and psychotic he is

Also that Durkon sure hates trees :xd:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Now we hate OotS!!

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Meh, it could be worse. Elan could've been captured four years ago and we could only now just be getting to the final fight of the same arc.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Nilbop posted:

Now we hate OotS!!

Too many other goons like it, is the problem.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

DrakePegasus posted:

Meh, it could be worse. Elan could've been captured four years ago and we could only now just be getting to the final fight of the same arc.

Are you referencing something, and I'm just missing it, or are you actually saying it could be worse?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Neito posted:

Are you referencing something, and I'm just missing it, or are you actually saying it could be worse?

Bleach I think.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Neito posted:

Elan was actually captured in the series several years ago and was rescued a while later. I took it as a complaint about the pacing of the stories.

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

Santa's greatest accomplishment was convincing the world he didn't exist
in Bleach one of the girls was kidnapped years ago in a story arc that essentially spans two days. It is finally about to almost get to a climax as long as nothing unexpected happens at the last second.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Ah. I didn't catch the reference to Bleach. I actually read that arc, right up until I said "gently caress this" about halfish through. Never went back.

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

Funnily enough, that line also fairly accurately represents Goblins as well.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Nosy_G posted:

Funnily enough, that line also fairly accurately represents Goblins as well.
Christ, I forgot that comic even existed. They're actually out of that one city now, all it took was a scant 3-4 years.

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

Santa's greatest accomplishment was convincing the world he didn't exist
since there's not much to talk about right now, I thought I would just sidebar with the people who still read Erfworld. Ahem... WHAT THE gently caress??? Seriously, what the gently caress? The "summer updates" text thing was a good idea for the first 9 entries: take a break from updating, get your new site in order, and tell a quick interlude.

But now it's gone on way too long. It's become a full sequel in it's own right, and it would be utterly impossible at this point to follow Book 2 straight from Book 1. But that's not even the worst of it: These updates started to read like a rule book with dialog. Somewhere along the line they decided that it was easier to tell us all about Erfworld rather than to come up with situations for Parson. So now he's just sitting around asking "why this? why that?" and all the other characters calmly explain it to him.

And the latest update is all about how sex works like rape in Erfworld. It's loving creepy as hell, has nothing to do with the story, and reeks of these two idiots trying to show off with their super brilliant new ideas. I don't think I'll be reading it anymore.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I like the updates, but yeah, I am tired of them. It's not summer anymore. Draw the drat comic.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Jesus Christ, you weren't kidding about how bad that rape update is.

"My lord, why not order some of your hot fantasy girl troops to gently caress you silly? They cannot disobey, you see!"
"But, what if my massive dick injures them?"
"Oh, not to worry! Even if that happens, their ravaged cooters will just regenerate within a day, leaving only the permanent mental trauma. So you see there's really no reason not to!"

Top notch writing there, fellas.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
"The hot fantasy girls" are undead and something between a doll and child. I'm certain that's pretty hot for someone but goddamn.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Next update will be Parson figuring out his sex-stats with undead girls.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I was sure you guys were joking or at least exaggerating terribly, but apparently not. Goddammit, Erfworld, you were actually worth reading for a while there, and now what is all this poo poo?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Ashcans posted:

I was sure you guys were joking or at least exaggerating terribly, but apparently not. Goddammit, Erfworld, you were actually worth reading for a while there, and now what is all this poo poo?

They went to a furry con to sell their poo poo this summer. This is how they came back.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Ashcans posted:

I was sure you guys were joking or at least exaggerating terribly, but apparently not.

^^^This. The more I read, the worse it got...by the end, I was cringing.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mylan posted:

Jesus Christ, you weren't kidding about how bad that rape update is.

"My lord, why not order some of your hot fantasy girl troops to gently caress you silly? They cannot disobey, you see!"
"But, what if my massive dick injures them?"
"Oh, not to worry! Even if that happens, their ravaged cooters will just regenerate within a day, leaving only the permanent mental trauma. So you see there's really no reason not to!"

Top notch writing there, fellas.

And it's so poorly loving written. Good god.

"Maggie's eyes did something entirely different this time, they sort of flashed. "An Archon, or any unit, Lord.""

Sort of flashed. Awesome. We've got creepy rape fantasy poo poo, and piss-poor writing. gently caress alla y'all for making me curious enough to read that awful comic again.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

rotinaj posted:

Sort of flashed. Awesome. We've got creepy rape fantasy poo poo, and piss-poor writing. gently caress alla y'all for making me curious enough to read that awful comic again.
Oh my god, it got worse than the muppet dominatrix poo poo.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I hate when OotS takes so long between updates, because we end up talking about Erfworld.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
I figured that after taking a month off, he'd be able to build a buffer big enough that he could update several times a week. Pity it only lasted a few weeks.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I'd guess he might be experiencing a bit of burnout or, how you say, ennui about this time, and after this amount of time I'd kind of expect it.

OotS has a remarkably good hit/miss rate and he must be a bit stressed to keep it up.

Cut him a bit of slack.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

I hate when OotS takes so long between updates, because we end up talking about Erfworld.

You and me, we're on the same page.

Yeroc2
Aug 13, 2003

"The glow is the combination of all your past lives, focusing their energy through your body."
Grimey Drawer

Ashcans posted:

I was actually enjoying the summer updates. Right up until this one. But at least there's a date now: October 28th is when they restart strips.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I was kind of giving Erfworld the benefit of the doubt when it ended, but now I'm pretty creeped out.

If you're writing about weird unnatural sex stuff, you better be named Alan Moore because that's the only way its going to not come off as completely creepy and without merit.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

You can stop talking about Erfworld now:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Poor Roy.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002