Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Did he ever get that match? When Simmons won the title from Vader 3 weeks later, it was after Sting was injured and couldn't face Vader. Watts had a lottery in the ring and Simmons won and went on to face Vader later in the show. It definitely wasn't a planned title shot.

Reading Death of WCW at the moment, and according to that, they switched the title onto Simmons because they couldn't do the match they wanted and had been building toward with Vader (I forget if it was Vader/Sting or Vader/someone else). Because they had never had any real plans for Simmons, he did mostly nothing with the title and it went back on Vader in December.

It's kind of ironic that this was celebrated as a major coupe for black wrestlers when they inducted Bill Watts into the Hall of Fame, when it was actually a case of having no one available that they'd rather put it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

when it was actually a case of having no one available that they'd rather put it on.
I can't even count how many title changes have happened this way.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

How'd this thread end up on page 2?

Also, why did Joel Gertner ALWAYS wear a neck brace?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Captain Strange posted:

Also, why did Joel Gertner ALWAYS wear a neck brace?

He started wearing it after he got beat up by Saturn and Kronus at an ECW Pay-Per-View. After a while, it just stuck.

tigerdriver82
Jun 15, 2009

Yo, you best
~Protect Your Neck~
Ah yeah, again and again!
Why is it that when a wrestler hurts their ribs they bandage their waist?

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

tigerdriver82 posted:

Its a lot easier and more common to hurt a lower rib than it is a higher rib. Your lower ribs are about halfway down your diaphragm

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

tigerdriver82 posted:

To fool their opponents, who will immediately target the bandaged area, leaving the injured ribs unscathed.

Wheresmy5bucks
Feb 10, 2007

So, where is it?
DDP was always the master tactician, hence why he wore the rib tape for about a year.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Wheresmy5bucks posted:

DDP was always the master tactician, hence why he wore the rib tape for about a year.

Face heat for 3 bucks a roll

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

To fool their opponents, who will immediately target the bandaged area, leaving the injured ribs unscathed.

If this is truly the case, then what injured body part was Test covering for when he went like eight months with that ridiculous face mask to protect his nose?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

If this is truly the case, then what injured body part was Test covering for when he went like eight months with that ridiculous face mask to protect his nose?

His testicles.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
OK I feel like there was a wrestler who used The Final Countdown as his entrance theme at some point but who was it?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Karmine posted:

OK I feel like there was a wrestler who used The Final Countdown as his entrance theme at some point but who was it?

Really?

Bryan Danielson.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Karmine posted:

Yokozuna got scoopslammed by Lex Luger

No he didn't. Hiptoss heard 'round the world.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jerusalem posted:

His testicles.

No wonder he died young.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Karmine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b-17heLBGA

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Umbra Dubium posted:

Really?

Bryan Danielson.

:doh:

Thank you.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Karmine posted:

:doh:

I wish he could keep it when he eventually arrives in the WWE, because while that video is awesome, a crowd ten times bigger singing along would be magical.

Who knows, maybe Jim Johnston can work his wizardry and come up with something along the lines of Sunglasses At Night = Oh Radio, Tell Me Everything You Know.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Umbra Dubium posted:

I wish he could keep it when he eventually arrives in the WWE, because while that video is awesome, a crowd ten times bigger singing along would be magical.

Honestly, at this point I think buying it off of Europe would be cheaper than even bothering to write a new song.

Its Europe

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Umbra Dubium posted:

If WWE crowds don't sing along with Zack Ryder's song, they won't sing along with anything.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Chilly McFreeze posted:

If WWE crowds don't sing along with Zack Ryder's song, they won't sing along with anything.

You just wait for the face turn, buddy.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Chilly McFreeze posted:

You don't feel me, so sit down and don't say "What's up."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Between Ryder, Miz, Morrison, Ziggler, Swagger, Kofi, Bourne, McIntyre, Yoshi, JTG, Tyson Kidd, Cody and DiBiase, I finally feel confident about the future of the WWE for the first time in about 8 years.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

sportsgenius86 posted:

Between Ryder, Miz, Morrison, Ziggler, Swagger, Kofi, Bourne, McIntyre, Yoshi, JTG, Tyson Kidd, Cody and DiBiase, I finally feel confident about the future of the WWE for the first time in about 8 years.

Provided the current main event scene retires within the next eight years.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

You don't feel me, so sit down and don't say "What's up."

But they only say "What's up". Coincidentally, no one knows the words to "Final Countdown" either.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Writer Cath posted:

Provided the current main event scene retires within the next eight years.

Very true.

I just think there's a wealth of young talent for the first time in forever.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Chilly McFreeze posted:

But they only say "What's up". Coincidentally, no one knows the words to "Final Countdown" either.

Final Countdown is the most overrated 80s song. :colbert:

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!
Does Triple H still draw?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Everyone knows the words!

We're leaving for Tovis!
But soon it's farewell!
We're doo do dah dee doo.
So soon who can tell?
We're something and something something.
We're leaving town!
Leaving town!
And soon you can say that we'll do it agaiiiiiiin!
IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Final Countdown is the most overrated 80s song. :colbert:

How? No one lists it as a "good" song, and Danielson picked it after he saw it on a list of "The fifty worst songs ever" list.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The only reason anyone even remembers that song is because of Arrested Development.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

ColeM posted:

Does Triple H still draw?

I think the concept of "drawing" has long been dead and buried, at least as far as WWE is concerned. Considering that the WWE itself IS the draw, it's really irrelevant.

He still sells lots of merchandise so probably!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Has the Undertaker been on RAW for any significant length of time since the brand split?

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
Can we once and for all get a consensus definition of X-Pac Heat? I was browsing around some awful forum earlier and someone said that Vickie had X-Pac Heat.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

Can we once and for all get a consensus definition of X-Pac Heat? I was browsing around some awful forum either and someone said that Vickie had X-Pac Heat.

The last time this question came up, the consensus was that it doesn't exist. If it does exist it is used wrong 99% of the time.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

That's the one question you should never ask if you don't want to see three pages of annoying derails.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

Can we once and for all get a consensus definition of X-Pac Heat? I was browsing around some awful forum earlier and someone said that Vickie had X-Pac Heat.

X-Pac Heat: The sensation or sensations Chyna experienced during sexual intercourse with Sean Waltman.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

The 51% consensus (and that's the best you'll ever get) is that X-Pac heat involves fans booing the wrestler when he enters and, sometimes, if he wins, but generally not reacting much to anything else he does. I've never seen Vickie's segments, but based on what I've read here I find it hard to believe she was getting anything of the kind.

Most of the other definitions either are a simple "when fans boo a face" or involve psychic knowledge of why fans are booing.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

tzirean posted:

Most of the other definitions either are a simple "when fans boo a face" or involve psychic knowledge of why fans are booing.

"They're booing a heel that I don't like."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

projecthalaxy posted:

Has the Undertaker been on RAW for any significant length of time since the brand split?

At the beginning of the brand split for a few months - he's been solidly Smackdown since.