Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I can't stop listening to "I Was The Sword" by Funeral Diner, what else should I be getting into on account of that?

I don't mean bands like Funeral Diner in general, I mean poo poo specifically like "I Was The Sword."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
I'm really bummed that House Boat canceled on Fest. And no Unlovables. And no Get Bent.

But Friday's Kickstand lineup and Saturday's Common Grounds lineup look stellllllarrrrrr.

This thread needs a new name pretty desperately.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

Paper Triangle posted:

I'm really bummed that House Boat canceled on Fest. And no Unlovables. And no Get Bent.

But Friday's Kickstand lineup and Saturday's Common Grounds lineup look stellllllarrrrrr.

Common Grounds Friday is where its at.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Inspector_71 posted:

I don't mean bands like Funeral Diner in general, I mean poo poo specifically like "I Was The Sword."

Just listen to it on repeat. So loving sad that it was the last song they put out. IT'S SO GOOD.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

rivals posted:

Just listen to it on repeat. So loving sad that it was the last song they put out. IT'S SO GOOD.

That's what I've been doing but I need more. I need more!!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Paper Triangle posted:

This thread needs a new name pretty desperately.

Look let me tell you something

I know a guy who knows a guy that's friends with Grath (seriously) and I have House Boat's first album

It is possibly the greatest thing ever

Like think of how awesome Missed The Boat was

Now multiply that by 10 and add Mikey Erg. It's that good

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

rivals posted:

This (I sure as poo poo am guilty of it, many times), or get the last album they put out before that EP/split, The Underdark. Other than that, I've still been searching myself. :(

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Common Grounds Friday is where its at.

I'm kinda torn with this. I really want to see Dillinger Four at Fest, but I also really don't want to miss Lemuria, who I've never seen and is scheduled to start at the same time D4 ends at a separate venue.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gerfatty posted:

I'm kinda torn with this. I really want to see Dillinger Four at Fest, but I also really don't want to miss Lemuria, who I've never seen and is scheduled to start at the same time D4 ends at a separate venue.

Lemuria is from Buffalo so on one hand, reppin' Lemuria

On the other hand, gently caress Lemuria that poo poo's gay go see D4

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

rivals posted:

this song will dominate last.fm forever

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Dickeye posted:

Look let me tell you something

I know a guy who knows a guy that's friends with Grath (seriously) and I have House Boat's first album

It is possibly the greatest thing ever

Like think of how awesome Missed The Boat was

Now multiply that by 10 and add Mikey Erg. It's that good

THAT SOUNDS GREAT AND ALL but I never got to see The Steinways and wanted to ask Grath if he would be my dad so THAT DOESN'T HELP.

That said:

You could probably get from Common Grounds to The Venue quick enough to catch at least most of Lemuria and D4. They're like less than a mile apart. If you have a bike or a ride it would be almost a non-issue.

PS: I want that album.

Paper Triangle fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 27, 2009

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Parachute Underwear posted:

This (I sure as poo poo am guilty of it, many times), or get the last album they put out before that EP/split, The Underdark. Other than that, I've still been searching myself. :(

The Doors Open EP, which was right before that split IIRC, is really solid. Though I agree it's not really similar to I Was The Sword.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Paper Triangle posted:

THAT SOUNDS GREAT AND ALL but I never got to see The Steinways and wanted to ask Grath if he would be my dad so THAT DOESN'T HELP.

That said:

You could probably get from Common Grounds to The Venue quick enough to catch at least most of Lemuria and D4. They're like less than a mile apart. If you have a bike or a ride it would be almost a non-issue.

PS: I want that album.

Yeah well I wanted to ask Michelle if she'd marry me but that ain't happenin' either

e: Get on AIM dicknose

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 27, 2009

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

RunTo TheHills posted:

:siren::siren::siren: FROM ASHES RISE REUNION SHOW FEB 21ST 2010 :siren::siren::siren:

I am so loving excited about this this.

I Love From Ashes Rise, so gently caress all the haters. I would die to see them live.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Oh man oh poo poo oh man

According to Adam from It's Alive Records, UPS tracking is showing that Grath just received the House Boat CDs

It's so close

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?
So do we have an official count on the whole Fest group? RunTo TheHills and I are going. It looks like Kim Jong-Chill and Paper Triangle are too. Who else will be spending the majority of their days at Common Grounds?

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

rivals posted:

The Doors Open EP, which was right before that split IIRC, is really solid. Though I agree it's not really similar to I Was The Sword.

I think Funeral Diner Is Dead is sort of like that. all the seth babb stuff is pretty wizard really.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Funeral Diner are by far my favorite band. It makes me really sad that they're not a band anymore. I could probably listen to Difference of Potential on repeat for days.

Two More is their best song... Way better than I Was the Sword. Fire.... Deth is great too.

Also, I have a pretty righteous Funeral Diner collection. I should take a picture of all my FD records one of these days.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dickeye posted:

Oh man oh poo poo oh man

According to Adam from It's Alive Records, UPS tracking is showing that Grath just received the House Boat CDs

It's so close

Current word is a Thanksgiving release

Is it turkey day yet

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

acup posted:

Also, I have a pretty righteous Funeral Diner collection. I should take a picture of all my FD records one of these days.

Mine was better :colbert: That said I'm glad some of my pieces have made their way to your collection :)

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

acup posted:

Fire.... Deth is great too.

Honestly, I think I've listened to this more than I Was The Sword, and that's saying quite a bit.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

That Who Calls So Loud? record was pretty great too.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Yeah. "Sleep Like" hooks me into the whole album so well. "4.4.4.4" is gold too.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

God drat these guys are good. I cannot believe I hadn't listened before.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

rivals posted:

Mine was better :colbert: That said I'm glad some of my pieces have made their way to your collection :)

Mine was better cause I had the FD/Ampere test press and Swept Under test press :colbert:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

A5H posted:

God drat these guys are good. I cannot believe I hadn't listened before.

They're an FD off-shoot band. Matt and Dave are in it.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

Dickeye posted:

Dear Landlord, Banner Pilot, and uhhh the other post-Rivethead band, Gateway District, are all really rad

Truest statement ever. Have you checked out Shook Ones before? I have a feeling you'd like them quite a bit. They're one of my favorite hardcore punk bands and all the bands you mentioned are some of my favorite bands. Particularly, Dear Landlord and Banner Pilot. "Dream Homes" by Dear Landlord and "Pass the Poison" by Banner Pilot get a lot of play on my iPod.

baberaham lincoln posted:

Failures/Salvation/Aerosols winter tour set for a Nashville date. Holy loving poo poo I'm so excited I could pee myself

I live in Knoxville, so I am most likely going to make a drive to this show. It sounds like it's going to be the goddamn.

Sir Thats Gross fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 29, 2009

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

who calls so loud sounds like red hot chili peppers

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

ManifoldCuriosity posted:

Yeah. "Sleep Like" hooks me into the whole album so well. "4.4.4.4" is gold too.

What I Learned In The COUM is easily the best song on that release and it's not even close.

acup posted:

Mine was better cause I had the FD/Ampere test press and Swept Under test press :colbert:

Okay you might be right on that. But only because those are my 2 favorite FD releases.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
loving hell, there's a one-off show in NJ on December 30th with the following lineup:

Thursday
Glassjaw
Dillinger Escape Plan
United Nations

Why can't that be a tour :cry:

EDIT: Also apparently my friend's band is playing with hosed Up in Montreal on Nov 12th.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Oct 29, 2009

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sir Thats Gross posted:

Truest statement ever. Have you checked out Shook Ones before? I have a feeling you'd like them quite a bit. They're one of my favorite hardcore punk bands and all the bands you mentioned are some of my favorite bands. Particularly, Dear Landlord and Banner Pilot. "Dream Homes" by Dear Landlord and "Pass the Poison" by Banner Pilot get a lot of play on my iPod.

I live in Knoxville, so I am most likely going to make a drive to this show. It sounds like it's going to be the goddamn.

isn't there another line in this post where I say they all sound the same to me though

I mean don't get me wrong they're cool bands but it all sounds approx. the same from one band to the next

Anyway no I haven't listened to Shook Ones because I've never found any

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007
My new band recorded a demo this weekend. We're called Sundials, and play 90s influenced indie/alt rock out of Richmond, VA. Some of us used to play in Friendly Fire and our drummer plays with Fine Lines/The Black Powder. You may enjoy us if you like the Lemonheads, the Replacements, Lemuria, etc...

You can download the demo here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1j4rnjdzblz

Our myspace is:

http://www.myspace.com/sundialsrva

Hope you like it!

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Parachute Underwear posted:

They're an FD off-shoot band. Matt and Dave are in it.

Past tense, unfortunately.

The best Funeral Diner stuff is the "Is Dead" compilation. But I love everything that they did.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

ddonahue99 posted:

Past tense, unfortunately.

Wait what. DETAILS. NOW.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

I thought I heard about them breaking up a while ago, but I dunno.

rivals posted:

What I Learned In The COUM is easily the best song on that release and it's not even close.
It's a great song but I can't call it the best.

Played "I Was The Sword" on New Noise last night in honor of the thread :woop:

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

rivals posted:

Wait what. DETAILS. NOW.

I heard this too. I think timmy (their other guitar player) quit after their last tour and then I dont know what happened after that but I'm pretty sure they are no longer a band. Which really sucks.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah I checked their myspace and noticed he wasn't on their lineup anymore. That's a huge bummer. For some reason it reminds me that I haven't really found any new music in a while that I've been really stoked on.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
For some reason I never really got into funeral diner. Something about them just doesn't click for me.

Men as Trees are loving great though. Their album filled with samples from that show about this guy living in the forest is AMAZING.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Oh

Oh poo poo

I think i'm getting House Boat early and legally through Grath

poo poo yeah

e: Confirmed, I will be getting this for $10.50 as soon as I can get the routing info for my bank account so I can set up a paypal

e2: Lighting the gerfatty and Paper Triangle signal because ahahahaha gently caress yuo man I'm getting it way early

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 30, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Pantalones! posted:

For some reason I never really got into funeral diner. Something about them just doesn't click for me.

Yeah Funeral Diner is boring as gently caress.