Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
The two posts above me make me really mad for very different reasons.

FEST DAY ONE was great. Kicked it at The Kickstand all day. Cheeky was great, didn't realize they'd broken up though.

loving IRON CHIC killed it for me. Most fun i've had since The Ergs at Fest 6.

I'll be at Common Grounds tomorrow most of the day. The stretch from Copyrights -> Young Livers is just such top-notch scheduling jujitsu. If you're there and you wanna come up and talk to me I'm the big stupid looking guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just ordered House Boat woooooo

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

Inspector_71 posted:

EDIT: Also apparently my friend's band is playing with hosed Up in Montreal on Nov 12th.

Wait, what? Who is your friend's band / seeking confirmation of this, I don't see anything about hosed Up being in Montreal any time soon? I know they are doing a couple of dates with Leatherface in Ontario roundabout that time, though.

Edit: and some kind of showcase thing on the 21st?

Dancing Potato fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 1, 2009

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

Dickeye posted:

isn't there another line in this post where I say they all sound the same to me though

I mean don't get me wrong they're cool bands but it all sounds approx. the same from one band to the next

Anyway no I haven't listened to Shook Ones because I've never found any

I will admit that, yes, at times it can be a litte repetitive, but they're great bands, IMO.

I've got "Sixteen" and "Facetious Folly Feat." You can find them here...

http://www.mediafire.com/?rnnwzyzv7pj
"Facetious Folly Feat"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HSFEOOI3
"Sixteen"

What is Houseboat like? I keep seeing posts of yours that praise them.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sir Thats Gross posted:

I will admit that, yes, at times it can be a litte repetitive, but they're great bands, IMO.

I've got "Sixteen" and "Facetious Folly Feat." You can find them here...

http://www.mediafire.com/?rnnwzyzv7pj
"Facetious Folly Feat"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HSFEOOI3
"Sixteen"

What is Houseboat like? I keep seeing posts of yours that praise them.

Steinways 2.0

It's Grath and Ace from the Steinways on guitars, Mikey Erg on drums, and some dude named Zack that I think played with OWTH for a bit on bass, all four do vocals, it loving owns

And in Steinways tradition, even has a Blankmarket Blankety track (Dumbmarket Travesty this time)

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
Ampere did a Gorilla Biscuits cover at The Fest. Probably the highlight of the weekend for me.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dancing Potato posted:

Wait, what? Who is your friend's band / seeking confirmation of this, I don't see anything about hosed Up being in Montreal any time soon? I know they are doing a couple of dates with Leatherface in Ontario roundabout that time, though.

Edit: and some kind of showcase thing on the 21st?

It's not actually on the 12th, and my friend is in Adult Crash. He's still not sure on the details apparently, but I'm going to keep pestering him about it because I want to be there.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Ampere did a Gorilla Biscuits cover at The Fest. Probably the highlight of the weekend for me.

gently caress my life. One weekend I miss loving Gather and the next I miss that. What song was it?

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?
Just got back from Fest. Holy poo poo.

Highlights include The Menzingers' set that had to stop early due to the place about to being torn down by kids, Good Luck's set at Common Grounds on Saturday, and the goddamn Reggae Shack. Good poo poo I'm tired.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
My band had our first show on Halloween and we have 2 songs that were recorded that night up on myspace. Pretty sloppy, but it was our first show. If you like disembodied, blood has been shed, martyr ad, or sepultura check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/tacomaoblivion

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

rivals posted:

gently caress my life. One weekend I miss loving Gather and the next I miss that. What song was it?

New Direction. Stephen also said that there new album would be done and released be the time that Failures and Aerosols tour in December.

Atomic Hotdog
Aug 23, 2007
I've never seen such confident, powerful strokes of the ass!
Is this an appropriate thread to talk about Cursive? If not, I'll delete.
Just wondering if anyone has seen them live this year and what kind of set they played. They're coming to my city the 24th and I'm debating on whether or not to see them.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

New Direction. Stephen also said that there new album would be done and released be the time that Failures and Aerosols tour in December.

gently caress. Best song. Reminds me of the last CA Champion show, he said they were going to cover the best hardcore song ever written and they played that :3: Also, that's really good news.

Atomic Hotdog posted:

Is this an appropriate thread to talk about Cursive? If not, I'll delete.
Just wondering if anyone has seen them live this year and what kind of set they played. They're coming to my city the 24th and I'm debating on whether or not to see them.

Didn't know they were touring. Saw Tim play solo with Azure Ray a couple months ago though and it was depressing as gently caress.

seatbeltstrap
Nov 5, 2004

That bitch Carmen Sandiego's got nothing on me.
Do we talk about Coalesce in this thread? I can't remember if it was this or the whatevercore thread. Or the metal thread... At any rate, their OXEP comes out on the 10th. Five new songs written and recorded after OX was finished. OX is definitely one of the best albums of the year, I'm pumped for the ep. They've got one track up at https://www.myspace.com/coalesce.

edit: The whole ep is streaming on https://www.lambgoat.com

seatbeltstrap fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 3, 2009

Atomic Hotdog
Aug 23, 2007
I've never seen such confident, powerful strokes of the ass!

rivals posted:

gently caress. Best song. Reminds me of the last CA Champion show, he said they were going to cover the best hardcore song ever written and they played that :3: Also, that's really good news.

Didn't know they were touring. Saw Tim play solo with Azure Ray a couple months ago though and it was depressing as gently caress.

I actually don't think they start til a few days before they come to my city. It's only $10 so surely it'll be worth it just to see one of my favorite bands.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Fest was loving amazing. Wollard, Gunmoll, Samiam, Radon, OWTH, Jihad in the parking lot and Small Brown Bike were the best for sure. What the gently caress went down at the BTMI house show?

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Atomic Hotdog posted:

I actually don't think they start til a few days before they come to my city. It's only $10 so surely it'll be worth it just to see one of my favorite bands.

Yeah, I'll still put on Domestica or The Ugly Organ, so $10 would be worth it, even if they mostly play stuff from the new album (which I guess still had some great songs).

seatbeltstrap posted:

Do we talk about Coalesce in this thread? I can't remember if it was this or the whatevercore thread. Or the metal thread... At any rate, their OXEP comes out on the 10th. Five new songs written and recorded after OX was finished. OX is definitely one of the best albums of the year, I'm pumped for the ep. They've got one track up at https://www.myspace.com/coalesce.

edit: The whole ep is streaming on https://www.lambgoat.com

Eh I'd call them metalcore, but I think they'd be welcome here.

Yeah, I'm stoked for the EP, as Ox ruled. Really consistent band.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007

Angiepants posted:

Fest was loving amazing. Wollard, Gunmoll, Samiam, Radon, OWTH, Jihad in the parking lot and Small Brown Bike were the best for sure. What the gently caress went down at the BTMI house show?

This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kh8m3Z52E8&feature=related

Some rear end in a top hat crusty wouldn't get out of the way of a cop, threw a punch, the cop tazed him, and then proceeded to get beat down by a bunch of crusty assholes.

Basically, the crusties were pieces of poo poo and totally deserved getting arrested and the cops were doing their jobs and being super respectful of all the kids, but these assholes decided to be pieces of poo poo and gently caress with them. Essentially, the crusties are trying to ruin Fest for the rest of us. I'm no proponent of cops using any kind of excessive force, but in this case they were totally in the right.

gerfatty fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 4, 2009

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
I've heard differently, that the cops were laughing and joking with each other while throwing kids face-first into curbs, but I wasn't there and it's all Gainesville hearsay. Thanks for the video link though.

Edit: The whole thing sucks mostly cuz I heard BTMI was going to cover the entirety of Enema of the State which would've ruled.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
Yeah that was the plan. I was standing right across the street from where that video was taken. It was pretty clear that the kids were in the wrong, and any laughing or whatever was deserved. The entire situation was pretty hosed up, and I definitely don't blame the cops in the slightest.

And yeah, it caused the BTMI Blink-182 cover set to get canceled, which was pretty much the worst thing that could have happened. They did a cover during their set the next night though, so that almost made up for it.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

gerfatty posted:

This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kh8m3Z52E8&feature=related

Some rear end in a top hat crusty wouldn't get out of the way of a cop, threw a punch, the cop tazed him, and then proceeded to get beat down by a bunch of crusty assholes.

Basically, the crusties were pieces of poo poo and totally deserved getting arrested and the cops were doing their jobs and being super respectful of all the kids, but these assholes decided to be pieces of poo poo and gently caress with them. Essentially, the crusties are trying to ruin Fest for the rest of us. I'm no proponent of cops using any kind of excessive force, but in this case they were totally in the right.

There were so many goddamn people there. I knew it wasnt going to end well when that cop pulled up.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
Yeah it pretty much wasn't going to be a good thing. Were you inside for any of the bands before the whole thing started? We were a couple of the disgusting shirtless kids.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

gerfatty posted:

Yeah it pretty much wasn't going to be a good thing. Were you inside for any of the bands before the whole thing started? We were a couple of the disgusting shirtless kids.

I saw both of the bands. I dont really remember a lot from the night. I was loving exhausted and most of the night was a blur. And it was about 8000 degrees inside that house.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Paper Triangle posted:

I've heard differently, that the cops were laughing and joking with each other while throwing kids face-first into curbs, but I wasn't there and it's all Gainesville hearsay. Thanks for the video link though.

Edit: The whole thing sucks mostly cuz I heard BTMI was going to cover the entirety of Enema of the State which would've ruled.

Oh my god

This works for two reasons: 1) I am all for throwing crusties into the curb, and 2) I can only imagine BTMI doing enema

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Dickeye posted:

Oh my god

This works for two reasons: 1) I am all for throwing crusties into the curb, and 2) I can only imagine BTMI doing enema

I would have paid $30 for a DVD of the cover show

and I don't even really listen to BTMI

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Parachute Underwear posted:

I would have paid $30 for a DVD of the cover show

and I don't even really listen to BTMI

gently caress, I'd pay thirty bucks for a DVD of crusties getting thrown into a curb

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Dickeye posted:

Steinways 2.0

It's Grath and Ace from the Steinways on guitars, Mikey Erg on drums, and some dude named Zack that I think played with OWTH for a bit on bass, all four do vocals, it loving owns

And in Steinways tradition, even has a Blankmarket Blankety track (Dumbmarket Travesty this time)

So are you going to tell us where to get this or what?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Iron Lung posted:

So are you going to tell us where to get this or what?

You can't yet unless you're rad

Or PM'd Grath about getting it when he posted about it on the KnockKnock board

It's coming out on It's Alive this month, likely Thanksgiving-ish according to Adam

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
UUUUUUUUUUUGH CRUSTIES. They were so loving awful all weekend holy poo poo. I ran into a cop outside of the Venue before Samiam and he was super nice to me. Crusties just deserve it.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

The crusties in Japan that I hung out with were some of the best people I met while over there. Too bad US crusties are loving scum.

But still, crust > pop punk.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ChaosNonMusica posted:

The crusties in Japan that I hung out with were some of the best people I met while over there. Too bad US crusties are loving scum.

Someone's never listened to the Steinways/Barrakuda McMurder/House Boat

e: Or Rivethead and the, seemingly, infinite number of bands it spawned.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 5, 2009

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Seconded.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

There are still some really good crust bands/albums out there, but yeah crusties can sometimes suck.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
House Boat Post Number poo poo I lost count

Anyway

Release date is set for 11/24 on It's Alive Records, available on vinyl and CD of course.

But the big news is the test pressing sale. Monday at noon they're going to sell off all fifty test pressings, in various colors and such, earlier orders get rarer pressings.

Dang you Adam Alive

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
Any word on the cost of the test pressings? You got some 'splainin' to do kid.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I caved in and listened to the Steinways (I was just lazy before) and yeah, they're p. drat good. :shobon:

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
So new Dead to Me leaked/is streaming. The first listen didn't blow me away like Cuban Ballerina did. But after a couple of listens, it's grown on me like crazy. I still miss Jack, but after i got over his absence, I think they're moving in a really good direction with this album. Any other opinions?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Parachute Underwear posted:

I caved in and listened to the Steinways (I was just lazy before) and yeah, they're p. drat good. :shobon:

They were anyway

And, the thread on the KnockKnock board about the test pressings, posted by Adam from It's Alive

e: I'm just waiting for fuckin' Grath to mail my copy

AuntJemima
Jul 22, 2007
Hey cool guys and gals. I haven't listened to anything new or got any new music for about 3 years now so I guess this is a recommend me some new stuff post. I know there is a recommend me thread but I figured I'd get better answers here.

Heres some stuff I'm listening to currently:

Bones Brigade
Gorilla Biscuits
Guns Up!
Iron Age
Kid Dynamite
Lawrence Arms
Modern Life is War
Municipal Waste
None More Black
Paint it Black
Propagandhi
RAMBO
Toxic Narcotic

Also I really dislike super harsh vocals like Abraham Cross, Hellshock or HeWhoCorrupts. You get the idea I hope. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
If I was you I'd like http://www.myspace.com/onmysidehc.

Just a nice local band from 'round these parts