Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Do you have a job site for that area? Jesus christ, I get $34k a year with micro computer analyst as my job title...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wrok
Mar 24, 2006

by angerbotSD
Not lookin'

wrok fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 24, 2009

email
Sep 8, 2005

Live in the Atlanta Area?
Know the .Net stack?
Want to work on a top 40 (in terms of traffic) website?

Code you check into our source control today will be in front of millions of visitors tomorrow!

I have 4 openings for my team which focuses on data classification, recomendation systems, search relevancy, internal and external APIs. We work primarly in C# but have a lot of legacy code in VB so be prepared!

Don't want to work with me (who would?), thats OK because we have openings is virtually all of our development groups including our Search team, Site Performance team, Niche Website team, Talent Network team, Resume Database team.

Here are the openings if you want to read more about them: http://cb.com/MFbr8l

Send an email to jeffery.yeary[AT]careerbuilder.com if you are interested in one of them and I will referer you.

email fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 4, 2012

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

usbsnowcrash posted:

Who are we? CareerBuilder.com
While I guess I shouldn't be surprised that sites like this need employees as well, I'm a little bit amused at the idea of a job search site searching for jobs for itself. Added!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3075135&pagenumber=32&perpage=40#post389433002

flyboi fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 19, 2011

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

flyboi posted:

Who are we? https://singlehop.com

Where are we? Downtown Chicago!

Job title: On-site datacenter Technician

About us: SingleHop is a managed dedicating hosting provider located in downtown Chicago, IL . SingleHop has been surprising the industry since launched in 2006 by providing cost effective and one of a kind managed services.

We are currently hiring for the following shifts:

* Sunday through Thursday, 9AM - 5PM CST (First Shift)

Job duties include:

1. Racking servers in datacenter cabinets
2. Hardware troubleshooting
3. Replacing faulty/malfunctioning hardware in servers (RAM, RAID cards, Hard drives)
4. Reinstalling Operating Systems

Required Skills:

* Proficient knowedge of hardware and RAID systems
* Understanding of PC hardware architecture
* Experience in proper cabling and cable management
* Excellent verbal and writing skills
* Advanced understanding of computer networking
* Advanced understanding of Linux and Windows 2003
* Able to deploy CentOS, Windows 2003/2008 Server, FreeBSD and Debian

***Webhosting in general, cPanel and Datacenter experience is required***

This position is for Chicago applicants *ONLY*. I will not consider any remote applicants! Benefits include full medical and dental, and raises are based on Skill. We will not pay relocation costs if an applicant is not in the Chicago area.

If you are interested feel free to email me at sbowling@singlehop.com. Please prefix the subject with [DCTECH] so I don't lose your submission to the ether. Thanks! There is another goon who works at this company aside from me and we have way too much fun with what we do so don't pass on this opportunity!
FFFFFF, this is the exact job I want, but I can't leave here until my girlfriend finishes grad school.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

FISHMANPET posted:

FFFFFF, this is the exact job I want, but I can't leave here until my girlfriend finishes grad school.

Considering the rate of growth we have had over the last year feel free to shoot an email when you are able to move and we'll see if we have any openings. We went from ~15 people when I started February 2008 to around 25.

Edit: whoops got the year wrong when I started!

flyboi fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 27, 2009

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Try all avenues eh? My job isn't bad but the relentless travel is starting to wear on me (I like travel, but I go site to site with no downtime) and the mood of the company means little chance for advancement or even variation.

My experience: Many years of general IT stuff, basic understanding of code, etc. 3+ years in: hardware and software support, network admin for small to medium businesses, Point of Sales support, consultant for networking/PoS issues, Digital and 35mm Cinema equipment. 5+ years in service and sales. Also, 2 years as general manager of a small business (18-25 employees). Currently working as a field service technician for a medical equipment supplier on constant assignment all over the country.
What I'm looking for: Anything in IT, field support, repair, etc.
What I'm NOT looking for: Less than $17 an hour.
Where I live: San Diego (nominally)
Where I'm looking: Preference for San Francisco, but I would consider anything in California, Oregon, or Washington.
When I can start: Any time plus 2 weeks.
Requirements: Any reasonable salary.
Can be reached via: patchfoot02@gmail.com

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

flyboi posted:

Who are we? https://singlehop.com

Where are we? Downtown Chicago!

Job title: On-site datacenter Technician

About us: SingleHop is a managed dedicating hosting provider located in downtown Chicago, IL . SingleHop has been surprising the industry since launched in 2006 by providing cost effective and one of a kind managed services.

We are currently hiring for the following shifts:

* Sunday through Thursday, 5PM-12AA (Second Shift) 2AM-10AM (Third Shift)

Job duties include:

1. Racking servers in datacenter cabinets
2. Hardware troubleshooting
3. Replacing faulty/malfunctioning hardware in servers (RAM, RAID cards, Hard drives)
4. Reinstalling Operating Systems

Required Skills:

* Proficient knowedge of hardware and RAID systems
* Understanding of PC hardware architecture
* Experience in proper cabling and cable management
* Excellent verbal and writing skills
* Advanced understanding of computer networking
* Advanced understanding of Linux and Windows 2003
* Able to deploy CentOS, Windows 2003/2008 Server, FreeBSD and Debian

***Webhosting in general, cPanel and Datacenter experience is required***

This position is for Chicago applicants *ONLY*. I will not consider any remote applicants! Benefits include full medical and dental, and raises are based on Skill. We will not pay relocation costs if an applicant is not in the Chicago area.

If you are interested feel free to email me at sbowling@singlehop.com. Please prefix the subject with [DCTECH] so I don't lose your submission to the ether. Thanks! There is another goon who works at this company aside from me and we have way too much fun with what we do so don't pass on this opportunity!

Edit: Boss gave me the wrong shift.

E-mail sent. I live in Dallas but I want out of here, I can afford to move and I can do it ASAP as well.

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN
Anyone know of openings for junior software developers in NYC? I'm currently working in a quantitative finance role, but would like to explore interesting technology jobs. I can be reached via email. Thanks :)

Terminus
May 6, 2008
Realized I've been at my current job too long, and should be looking for something new. Hopefully goons might be able to help in addition to other job sites.

My experience
Recently got my A+, and I'm working on my Associates in Comp Sci. As for work I've been at my current job got 3 years, it's help desk, technical support type stuff for a smallish company's multiple web based programs. They're educational so I'm mostly dealing with teachers and tech people at schools, but we have a couple programs for home users as well.

What I'm looking for
Desktop Support mostly, but more Help Desk wouldn't be so bad if they pay is good.

What I'm not looking for
Less than 15$/h

Where I live
Northern Philly burbs in Bucks County, although I currently work in Ewing, NJ.

Where I'm looking
Mostly around the same area I live, but I have enough friends in the Conn/Mass area that if something good came up over there I'd be willing to move.

When I can start
Just need to give my two weeks if it's 9-5. If it's late shift I'd need to wait till my current class is over on Dec 14th.

Requirements
Good pay + Health care

Can be reached via
PM or workftw@gmail.com

BATH TUB
Jun 27, 2003
I have found employment! :cawg:

BATH TUB fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 20, 2009

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Anyone in the St. Louis area looking for a Linux position PM me. I just got some random call from a recruiter looking for a Linux Engineer for a direct hire spot with 'comprehensive benefits'.

GTGastby
Dec 28, 2006
Who are we? RBS - Global Banking and Markets

Where are we? Stamford, CT (commutable by train from NYC)

Job title: Fixed Income Front Office Software Developer (something like that)

About us: "We deliver financing, risk management and investment services to corporations, governments and financial institutions around the world." (It's a European investment bank)
http://ci.rbs.com/psp/public/pagebuilder.aspx?page=gp1332

Preferred Skills

Computer Science degree
Decent skills with C#, SQL, UNIX, Perl, Excel
Knowledge of finance is helpful. Fixed Income in particular.
Good communication
Ability to handle timelines / high pressure environment

Job duties include:

This is a tough one, as it's a somewhat flexible opening. We have been mainly interviewing recent grads, but we are replacing a senior level candidate, so it can fit anywhere in between - I'd prefer someone with a couple years experience, but the position/pay/responsibilities will scale accordingly.

We are looking for a front office support/developer person. Ideally you will have both finance and programming skills, but if you are pretty good at coding, we can teach you the finance. You will be sitting on the Dealership desk (US Treasuries), providing first (and only) line support for the applications we create. This is *not* a helpdesk position - no troubleshooting problems with PCs, or other nonsense. The support is only dealing with our applications, and some minor financial issues - trade reconciliation, P&L issues, pricing, etc.

As for the technical side, you will be developing primarily in C#, and there is some Sybase, C++, Perl, etc thrown in the mix. We have a mixed Unix/Windows environment, so knowledge of both is helpful. Our group is responsible for the trade/order capture, P&L, pricing, and analytic systems the traders and salespeople use.

We are *not* looking for a helpdesk position. You must have experience, or a degree with Computer Programming, this is a development position. Pay/Benefits are "competitive", though I'd recommend doing a google news search on RBS. Relocation is unlikely.

If you are interested feel free to email me at gtgatsby at gmail with questions/resumes. Thanks!

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Gonna repost my info since I've recently moved

Again, I'm going to look like a complete runt compared to half of you.

My experience: 1 1/2yrs IT Tech Support (telephone, email, internet), 6 months IT Tech Support (on site) - total 2 years general tech support, but I've been toying with computers my whole life.
What I'm looking for: Tech Support / Computer Janitor / System Admin (assistant)
What I'm NOT looking for: Anything dealing with home users.
Where I live: Melbourne, Australia
Where I'm looking: Inner City, East, South East
When I can start: When do you want me?
Requirements:

A job that encourages learning, and not afraid of teaching me new things. I am a very fast learner when it comes to computers.

A place where I can advance in a career.

Can be reached via: PM, migishu [at] gmail

Expecting less of a shot now than when I originally posted.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm working on my associate's degree for software engineering. Recently lost my job (August) and I've been looking for something actually related to my major instead of random jobs (cashiering, stocking shelves, etc.)

Anyways, mostly looking through postings on Craigslist it seems like a lot of companies want a sample portfolio in addition to the resume and it made me realize... I have nothing to show of what I'm capable of doing. I've decided to start making a small portfolio this morning and I'm not really sure what's good to show?

All I have right now is a small demonstration of some primitive javascript, and then I planed to have a few links demonstrating stuff like RegEx, CSS abilities and the like, but I really don't know what to do.

So for people who are sitting behind the desk running the interview, what do YOU like to see?

J Crewl
Dec 11, 2005

Poops McGee posted:

Who we are: Secureworks Inc.

Where we are: Chicago

Job Title: Security Analyst

http://www.secureworks.com/company/career/

Do you know if there's an open position in Chicago at the moment? I can send you a resume if you IM me an address to send it to.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

Sab669 posted:

Anyways, mostly looking through postings on Craigslist it seems like a lot of companies want a sample portfolio in addition to the resume and it made me realize... I have nothing to show of what I'm capable of doing. I've decided to start making a small portfolio this morning and I'm not really sure what's good to show?

I don't run interviews, but I've managed to get a few interviews on the basis of my portfolio (no jobs, but...). Generally, they're looking for a couple of completed projects. The more, the better, as it shows you can stick with something to the end. Additionally, demonstrating knowledge of what you've got listed on your resume.

Most of what I've stuck on my portfolio has been smaller personal projects, or mockups for freelance work. It's mostly stuff to prove that I can do javascript, html, and css, and/or php. If you have any work you can show off, stick it online and link to it. Stuff like this is kind of like code samples, where they most likely want to know you know what you're talking about.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Who are we? Writers-Network.com

Where are we? telecommute

Job title: Freelance Perl Developer

About us: Writers-Network is a small-scale personal project of my client. It is in essence a DA clone for poetry.

Required Skills

Perl: 3 years or more
Web-Development-related skills: CSS, JS , SQL, all the standard stuff
Subversion: No need to be a genius, but committing often is a requirement.
Some Sys-Admin skills: WHM, phpMyAdmin, CPAN, cron, generic RH4E stuff
Good English

Job duties include

Tasks are the usual stuff on webapps: Fix poo poo that breaks, implement new features. In this case there's also: Fix stuff you notice while implementing stuff, write tests.

Here's the problem though: This is a small-scale job. Billing will be per hour via odesk.com, with a limit on hours per week. (Pay and hour limit to be discussed with my client.) Additionally, due to previous providers having created the software, it flat out sucks. It's not unsalvageable, but it throws warnings left and right during normal operation.

For the past half year or so, I've been the only developer on it, but due to other projects my available time has reduced a lot. As such I'm now helping the client find a coder to add on to the team. For now I'd mostly act as an advisor and guide through the code until I have more time available again.

Due to the lovely quality of the code as is, I want to make sure that anyone else working on this will not make it worse. As such I'm expecting interested people to send me some example of their code that they think is written in a good style along with some notes as to why they regard it as good style.

Job duties include

walde.christian@googlemail.com

I will inform people when I deny their app and those who I'm interested in I will expect to be available on Skype for a direct chat.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
I've tried networking elsewhere, hopefully someone here can find a home for me:

My experience: Twelve years designing/coding/testing software, most of which has been for medical claim processing software. This has been about split between mainframe (COBOL/JCL) and CA:gen (Cool:gen) with several tools related to both areas (Crystal Reports, Endeavor, Test Director, etc). Windows development as well as batch coding experience.

What I'm looking for: While I prefer staying in the health care industry, would be open to anything. Would love to join as entry level object oriented programmer where your training and my experience will create success. Otherwise, anyone in need of my current strengths I would be MORE than happy to join as well.

What I'm NOT looking for: Short term contracting or out of state work with no relocation assistance.

Where I live: Alpharetta, GA

Where I'm looking: Preferably North Atlanta, but will consider downtown if MARTA accessible or may consider relocation anywhere with moving assistance.

When I can start: Technically anytime, but prefer November 16th due to personal engagement.

Requirements: Can be discussed, but I am fairly flexible.

Can be reached via: This thread, PM, or tommytutone at gmail dot com (a more professional address can be offered following initial contact)

Fastbreak
Jul 4, 2002
Don't worry, I had ten bucks.
Who are we? Moxie Interactive

Where are we? Atlanta, GA

Job Title: Senior Flash Developer

Job Description:

•Pro-actively seeking information that is needed to complete the project.
•Strong focus on communication with development, creative, IT and client services teams.
•Take design comps from the creative team and develop advanced applications. This may include some preparation of the graphics but primarily working with more junior developers and the design team to define how graphics need to be prepared, working with IT project managers and developers for webservice/backend integration, all the way through final delivery of the completed project for release or deployment.
•Assist more junior Developers by offering guidance in defining architecture and best approach for building out moderate-complexity applications.
•Maintain expertise in all main Rich Media Ad platform tools (EyeWonder, Pointroll, Motif, etc.)
•Help train and mentor more junior developers and designers to be independent on Rich Media platforms where development is not required.
•For large-scale applications, work with the Architect to help define modules needed and make recommendations on the appropriate developers for each module.
•Develop main framework for large-scale applications according to an API defined with the architect.
•Review code with architect to ensure code quality and adherence to coding standards.
•Work with creative team on concepting to offer technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility.
•Perform requirements gathering and write function specifications for moderately complex applications.
•Architecting and creating UML documentation for moderately complex applications.
•Accurately scope development timelines for moderately complex applications.
•Send daily status updates to Director of Interactive Development as well as relevant Art Directors, Producers and Project Managers for currently assigned projects.

Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary based on your experience and an excellent benefits package. Moxie has a casual office environment and dress code, and unlimited opportunities for career growth.

Can be reached: By PM.

Fastbreak fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 12, 2009

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

My experience: 6 months managing university department servers. One year working at a NOC. 2 1/2 years managing university HPC clusters usually over 800 nodes. All as a student. Additional experience included in resume.
What I'm looking for: Linux Systems Administrator - Datacenter preferred, HPC a plus
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk, deskside user support
Where I live: Indianapolis, IN
Where I'm looking: Anywhere
When I can start: May 2010
Requirements: Health insurance is a must
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, gfarr AT ieee DOT org

update: I'm finishing my BS right now and my one class is 7:30 on Monday mornings. I've lived in Chicago and commuted to class and I'd be willing to do so again.

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 13, 2009

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
My experience: Several years working for a Pharmacy company training new hires and experienced technicians to work with relatively complex pharmacy systems. Beta-testing a new system for CVS including bug reporting and work with helpdesk teams to track new issues. I dabble in python and other scripting languages, but my university work was a BA in Psychology. I've basically spent most of my time working with other people and training them to do fairly complex tasks with computers.

What I'm looking for: I'm moving to central NJ in the middle of december from Kansas city and I'd like to move away from pharmacy work and towards IT, I'm open to entry level positions and helpdesk work, with the addendum that I plan to receive continuing education in IT on my off-time.

What I'm not looking for: Part-time work or work that involves travel outside of the state.

Where I live: Currently Kansas City, as of mid-december I'll be in Somerville, NJ.

When I can start: December 21st.

Requirements: Flexible.

Can be reached via: This thread, or my email address john (dot) ennion (at) gmail (dot) com

felp
Dec 12, 2005

Who are we? Thorndon Park Produce

Where are we? South Australia, Australia

Job: once off freelance work

Job Description:
Thorndon Park Produce supplies the major grocery chains in Australia with fresh, quality bunch lined vegetables. Australian standards to supply fresh vegetables are some of the highest in the world, and as a result we need a massive update in order for our record keeping to be cost effective.

I have begun building a database in access (yeah, yeah) based solely on my high school knowledge of the program. I've managed to get it near perfect to our requirements, but I'm struggling with getting particular records to append correctly and I still need to make the system simpler for our computer illiterate staff to use.
What I'm after is either a person who can help me complete this system, or someone who can create a far better one on a different platform.

The database will need to record who sprays what area with what chemical etc, who plants what variety of seed of what type of vegetable, in what area etc, how much is picked from what area, when etc, current inventory, past records of said activity etc etc (I will go into much more detail for anyone interested).

That is all that is required for the job that I’m asking, but, we will also need to set it up over a minimum of two properties, so if you could provide help in doing this then that's also a bonus.

That's a basic idea of what we require and I will go into much more detail for any expressions of interest. What I'd also like to mention is that I'm very open minded and after I've gone through what we require and (if you live in South Australia) given you a tour of the place and gone through what we do, if you think of more detail we can add, or ways we can simplify it, or anything like that, not only will those suggestions be welcomed, but they'll actually be listened to and most likely implemented.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have as it's very hot right now, so I'm sure I've missed something or I've muddled something up somewhere :).

If this is a project you think could be completed remotely/from home then your bids are more than welcome.

Compensation and Benefits:
Payment is negotiable; we will consider all of our options and give the work to the best value bidder (not the cheapest) I will be the only person you have to deal with, you can work on your own terms, from where ever, however you like. As long as the job gets done on time.

Can be reached: By PM.

ianfx
May 17, 2003

My experience: Finishing my MS in Computer Science (very soon), where I focused on 3D graphics, particularly 3D object reconstruction. Languages: C++ and Java, and a bit of experience with a variety of scripting languages. I have also contributed to an open source 3D modeling and animation project (K3D).
What I'm looking for: Software Engineer/Developer. If it pertains to anything graphics/shaders/simulation/entertainment related, I would LOVE to hear from you, but otherwise I might still be interested.
Where I live: Vancouver, BC (but I'm a US citizen)
Where I'm looking: Anywhere, but preferably the west coast.
When I can start: December 2009 or January 2010
Requirements: Standard benefits.
Can be reached via: This thread, or PM.

JJJJJS
Sep 17, 2007
My Experience: 3 years C++, 2 years C#, 10 years hardware support, 10 years Windows support, 5 years adobe photoshop and premiere experience, 3 years writing and producing bug reports, experience with many software packages including 3DS Max, Cubase, Office Suite. Really aside from server stuff, if it's on a computer I've probably got experience with it.

What I'm looking for: 30k+ a year. Hourly is fine as long as it is equivalent. My ideal job would be in software development using C#. I'm looking to get out of manufacturing and back into an office job.

What I'm not looking for: Another dead end job.

Where I live: Portland, Oregon. I'm looking in the metro area.

When can I start: Anytime.

Requirements: Career advancement opportunities are a must.

How I can be reached: ctrimiew (at) gmail (dot) com

wrok
Mar 24, 2006

by angerbotSD

JJJJJS posted:

Emailed you about an opening in your area that I interviewed for -- got an offer elsewhere before things progressed.

nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns
My Experience: 1 year of Python, 1 year of Django, 1 year of PHP, 2.5 years of HTML/Javascript/CSS. 2 years of MySQL/Postgres/PostGIS. 2 years working with the Google Maps API. I am the project leader/founder of a large open source web application project. I do not have a CS degree, but I do have a 4 year university degree in a non-CS related field. I'm trying to switch careers.

What I'm looking for: A job that pays.

What I'm not looking for: A job that doesn't pay.

Where I live: Currently in Ohio, but I'll take a job anywhere. Preferably NYC.

When can I start: Now.

Requirements: A paycheck that is enough to live off of.

How I can be reached: nbvfour@gmail.com

macado
Jun 3, 2003

How to keep an idiot busy, Click here.
Just figured I would throw this out there and see if anyone bites.

My Experience: 6-7 years desktop support experience in Windows and Macintosh environments. 2-3 years doing system administer level work. Experience with the usual Active Directory stuff, group policies, local scripts, security groups, and exchange support. Have basic understanding of PHP programming, shell scripting and batch scripting as well as some MS-SQL/MySQL experience. Have MCSA and am working on completing MCSE (2 exams away). Have an alphabetical soup of certifcations (MCP, MCDST, MCTS, A+). Previously worked in law firm, currently working in academia.

What I'm looking for: Looking for a System Administrator position or high level Desktop Support with advancement opportunities.

What I'm not looking for: Help Desk or entry level Desktop Support. I am trying to get out of the Desktop Support rut.

Where I live: Boston, MA area. Willing to travel if job requires it.

Requirements: The usual, stability decent benefits and competitive pay.

How I can be reached: macado@gmail.com or PM

chizad
Jul 9, 2001

'Cus we find ourselves in the same old mess
Singin' drunken lullabies
My experience: 5 years doing jack of all trades IT work; primary responsibilities were helpdesk/desktop support, but since it was a small department I also did whatever else need to be done including some server and network admin. I've got experience with Active Directory user/group and computer management, WSUS, a little bit of group policy, Exchange, Linux and AIX. I've got a BA in CS and am currently working on my MCDST to get started on the MS certification track.

What I'm looking for: A job that offer me some room for advancement. Long term I want to go down the admin route, so a junior/entry level admin type position would be ideal, but listings for those types of positions in my area seem to be non-existent. I don't mind starting out in the trenches doing helpdesk/desktop support provided there's room for advancement and growth.

What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level helpdesk where all I'm doing is reading from a script or handling password resets and "is it turned on/plugged in?" type stuff.

Where I live: Kansas City, MO

Where I'm looking: Kansas City metro area

When I can start: Whenever plus the standard two weeks' notice to my current employer

Requirements: Health insurance and some sort of retirement plan.
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, or via email: chad.mcauley at gmail dot com

ub818
Feb 19, 2003
Yuv goat tae huv a go!
My Experience: 2 years C/C++ development working with Oracle for pharmacy claims transactions. Before that 2 years web development php/mysql. I've been heavily a linux fan so that's where I'm comfortable. I have a CS degree and all the java experience needed for that (heh) and before college was manual labor/manufacturing.

What I'm looking for: Challenging, but defined work atmosphere. An application or product to be excited about. Perhaps some light administration work?

What I'm not looking for: Mundane VB work, impossible to meet expectations

Where I live: just outside of Madison, WI so anywhere around madison

Requirements: No need for health benefits, so perhaps slightly a higher wage to compensate that. A matching 401k would be nice

How I can be reached: racine.matt@gmail.com

Mr. Fantastik
Mar 15, 2005
I don't think that will fit in there...
My Experience: 2 Years Rigorous Linux Administration(Debian, Ubuntu, RHEL), 5 years Windows desktop support, 2 years in C++, Perl, and PHP scripting, LAMP stack configuration and maintenance, Tomcat configuration and maintenance, Linux-Vserver, Bind, Active Directory, Postfix, Dovecot, TCP/IP, and EMC SAN configuration. Degree in Computer Information Systems.

What I'm looking for: System/Unix Administrator

What I'm not looking for: Helpdesk / Geek Squadish work

Where I live: Austin, Tx

When can I start: Now.

Requirements: I'd like to steer away from heavy desktop support.

How I can be reached: apshaughnessy (at) sbcglobal (dot) net

Mr. Fantastik fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 1, 2009

fiddledeedum
Jul 28, 2009
This job went away and is back now. We're having trouble getting good senior candidates. We've gotten a few good non-senior candidates but we need a Senior Net Eng sooner than later.

fiddledeedum posted:

Position: Senior Network Engineer

Who are we: Bioware/EA, specifically the Bioware Austin studio that is producing the MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic http://www.swtor.com

What skills we are looking for:

Designs, architects and provides support of Routers, Switches, Security Solutions, VPNs, L4-7 Load Balancers, and Network Management Solutions across LAN/WAN.
• Designs, architects and provides support for network security.
• Manages firewalls and ACLs.
• Maintains IP network design and allocation.
• Provides recommendations on architectural changes and design enhancements to the infrastructure to improve reliably and performance, reduce cost, and anticipate company growth and acquisition.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of company network standards and the overall regional and global network environments.
• Responsible for configuring and maintaining a pro active Network Monitoring System leveraging existing tools in order to maintain and track Network metrics.
• Performs ongoing network fine tuning, upgrades and enhances to optimize Network performance, availability, stability and security.
• Provides technical expertise to support the implementation and modernization of client server and network systems as well as the applications they support.
• Conducts analysis of network characteristics, troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement, removals, and modifications to network and system components on Cisco base networks.
• Provides advanced network engineering and design in support of enterprise network devices and services.

Qualifications
• 5-7 years relevant experience as a Network/Systems administrator, working in a large enterprise environment with increasingly complex and progressive experience
• Vendor certification a plus
• Experience with Cisco, Juniper, HP, Riverbed, Array Networks, Vyatta
• Excellent Cisco Switch, Router, VPN, firewall, and Load Balancing Equipment knowledge
• In-depth routing protocols experience – BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP, MPLS
• Linux server experience a plus
• Experience with Rancid or configuration management
• Experience with reporting protocols and tools – netflow, sflow, ntop, splunk, etc
• Ability to develop and maintain software to aid in the testing of the network systems
• Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work under varying degrees of pressure and uncertainty
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility by embracing change; adapting communication style to setting; investigating and implementing alternate approaches to resolve difficult problems
• Ability to work flexible hours and support night or weekend work as needed
• Experience generating documentation for peers and NOC staff

What are the things most important to us?

* An experienced network engineer who is more than just an architect. You should have a background in securing network services. This is a very high profile project and security is of the utmost importance.
* You need to be solid with your routing protocols. Know your BGP and OSPF.
* You need to familiar with tools that will allow you and your teammates to review graphs, charts and metrics related to the network.
* Diversity in networking hardware familiarity is good. We want to use the best networking hardware for the job not just the one we are most familiar with.
* A healthy amount of Linux familiarity is nice but not absolutely required. We've got some Windows presence but we're mostly a Linux shop.

Other Information:

* Relocation is a very real possibility for the right candidate.

* You'll be working at EA so the benefits are quite nice. Additionally, there are many little perks. That said, the hours are long and we're all working hard to make the best MMO we can.

* This is a very technical environment. Everyone holds their own technically and while we all have our specializations everyone does a little bit of everything. There is a lot of room for cross training.

* Shoot me a resume at twixum AT gmail com and I'll pass it along to HR

* I am not the hiring manager but if you are interested and want to ask questions(sorry, this is a parachute account so no Plat), email me: twixum AT gmail com

Obviously Erratic
Oct 17, 2008

Give me beauty or give me death!
I'll throw this out there. I don't know if there's anything in my locale.

My Experience: 3 years of general helpdesk/operations support. I work in a small IT department so I hand a wide variety of jobs, including helpdesk, server admin, networking. I'm the first point of call for anything and everything.

What I'm looking for: A more admin orientated role or 2nd/3rd level support.

What I'm not looking for: 1st level or contract/part time work.

Where I live: Central Coast, NSW, Australia

When can I start: I'm open to suggestions.

Requirements: I'd like to get a little further away from that dreaded phone. I'd prefer not to be travelling for hours a day to get to work and I don't want lovely minimum pay for my job, like I'm getting now :(

How I can be reached: grantashman (at) gmail (dot) com

Miskatonic U.
Aug 13, 2008

Do you read Sutter Cane?
My Experience:
2 years as network and hardware support while getting my Computer Science degree.
1 year experience as a software tester and tech support person for a medical nonprofit.
1 year experience as the assistant manager of IT for a car dealership group which supported 500 workstations and 20 servers spread across 7 sites linked by microwave.
1.25 years (and counting) experience as the QA architect for a major, internationally recognized media production company.

What I'm looking for: Technical work in either a nonprofit or otherwise progressive company. I'd be willing to stick with QA/testplan design, I would also be willing to do more generalized IT. I have a good deal of experience with agile development techniques, and I feel qualified for and would be open to a SCRUM-master type position. I would also be open to any kind of generalized webtech or information mechanic type position, and I have a demonstrated history of rapidly adapting to new requirements and technologies.

What I'm not looking for: Helpdesk or tech support. I am qualified for and would be happy to manage a helpdesk or tech support shop, but I am no longer interested in taking direct calls from end-users.

Where I live: greater Washington DC area. Open to relocating reasonably locally (NoVa / MD) at own expense; willing to relocate many places if relocation expenses were covered or partially covered.

Requirements: 50k+, depending on the location. For example, in an area like Detroit where I could live for half of what it costs here, I'd consider less pay. I would also consider less pay for the right company, but you would have to make a compelling case as to why your company is so awesome that I should take a paycut to be part of it.

How I can be reached: miskatonicstatecollege at gmail.com

Other notes: Work environment and the mission statement of the company I would for is ultimately of more importance to me than salary or benefits. I want to work in a capacity where I feel that I am contributing to the greater good, or that the lives of others are being improved as a result of my contribution.

simcole
Sep 13, 2003
PATHETIC STALKER
-Cross Post-

Position: Contract web design/developer job

This contract position is temporary (obviously) and will require strong graphic, layout, database, and design skills. For more info see the other thread.

email
Sep 8, 2005

brc64 posted:

While I guess I shouldn't be surprised that sites like this need employees as well, I'm a little bit amused at the idea of a job search site searching for jobs for itself. Added!

We actually got hundreds of candidates for the job the couple of weeks it was on the site I just preferred to give SH/SC members a shot first.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
My experience: 5 years total of helpdesk experience at 2 different companies, both supporting >50k users. Some recent baby steps style work with windows server administration. Some home windows server/network/virtualization experience.
What I'm looking for: Desktop support or junior admin. I feel comfortable enough to do a small company computer admin
What I'm NOT looking for: Help Desk. I do not want to work over the phone with end users anymore.
Where I live: Grand Forks, ND(looking to relocate)
Where I'm looking: Twin cities area, MN
When I can start: A couple months from now. Maybe February/March? My lease isn't up here until end of April.
Requirements: Health insurance, full time.
Can be reached via: PM, naramyth1337 at gee male dot com

brain glove
Dec 4, 2009

Your brain,
before the internet.
USE PROTECTION
[looking elsewhere]

brain glove fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 16, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
My experience: 5 years total of helpdesk experience 1 company -- about 3000 websites, remote UK environment as well. Baby steps style work with windows server administration tools AD/DNS/Exchange - basically stuff I figure using google. Some home windows server/network/virtualization experience.
What I'm looking for: Desktop support or junior admin. I feel comfortable enough to do a small company computer admin
What I'm NOT looking for: Help Desk. I do not want to work over the phone with end users anymore. If it's just some phone, thats ok
Where I live: Toronto
Where I'm looking: Barrie to Toronto (im right in the middle)
When I can start: January
Requirements: Health insurance, full time.
Can be reached via: PM, mike at hi-rez dot net