Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

For anyone interested in my Secrets of the Moon interview, you can read it here. Absent from the transcription are Thelemnar and Ar's German accents, and Motorhead playing over the club speakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17

Guzwar posted:

For anyone interested in my Secrets of the Moon interview, you can read it here. Absent from the transcription are Thelemnar and Ar's German accents, and Motorhead playing over the club speakers.

Cool interview!

quote:

Thelemnar: I love the band Wardruna of course, it’s a great band, really great. Some friends of mine from Romania, the band is called Negura Bunget, they are also using very traditional, old instruments, like blocks of wood and I am going to start a band with them, also with our session live player. This will be interesting. We will just put our emotions and feelings into this music, and nature has a lot to do with it, and this is what I love.

Oh my god SotM and NB tie-up :shlick:

Hellwuzzat
Nov 28, 2008
Not exactly black metal, but you might be interested in this new Finntroll album preview

It makes me :flashfap:

edit: Oh yeah, this, too.

Hellwuzzat fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 31, 2009

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

Oh my god SotM and NB tie-up :shlick:

The band that no longer exists in any recognisable form?

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn
That's a pretty cool interview.

TeamJesus posted:

For what it's worth, it has "leaked" now (though it has officially been released in some European countries already.

It's good, though Opus Magnum is still my favourite of theirs.

Yeah, it's not really a leak with it being out and all but it's pretty awesome and totally worth the wait.

How I love thee, Hollenthon. I'm going to have to end up travelling to see them live I think since they never ever come here. I'll see them one day whatever it takes.

Caucasus Belli fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 1, 2009

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17

catbread.jpg posted:

The band that no longer exists in any recognisable form?

I got the impression from the interview that it's the ones who aren't in the 'new' NB, for what it's worth.

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

I got the impression from the interview that it's the ones who aren't in the 'new' NB, for what it's worth.

In that case, sweet!

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.
I don't know how many of you have checked it out yet, but Mistur finally released an album this year. With all the disappointing albums I've heard this year I was fired up for this. Windir fans won't be disappointed. I haven't gone a day in the last week without listening to it. It's called Attende, 7 songs. I don't even think there's a track worth skipping.

Morbid Florist fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 2, 2009

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Thanks for the recommendation. I don't even think I've heard about Mistur before, but I've been listening to their album on Spotify now, and my first impression is positive.

Razor
May 9, 2004

Like a dark night in autumn

Morbid Florist posted:

I don't know how many of you have checked it out yet, but Mistur finally released an album this year. With all the disappointing albums I've heard this year I was fired up for this. Windir fans won't be disappointed. I haven't gone a day in the last week without listening to it. It's called Attende, 7 songs. I don't even think there's a track worth skipping.

Oh poo poo, not only are you back from the dead, but you're bringing news about an album I've been waiting a long time for and somehow missed. I'm listening to it now; it's great. It's not as good as Cor Scorpii's Monument, but Mistur has proven they're still far better than Vreid. It's awesome to hear new Sognametal.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Razor posted:

Oh poo poo, not only are you back from the dead, but you're bringing news about an album I've been waiting a long time for and somehow missed. I'm listening to it now; it's great. It's not as good as Cor Scorpii's Monument, but Mistur has proven they're still far better than Vreid. It's awesome to hear new Sognametal.

I got laid off in may and, not being chained to a desk all day, I haven't found the need to sit and stare at the internet. It took an album like this one to motivate me :black101:

edit: anyone know what the story is with the new I album? The last news I saw about it said it should have been either recorded or released in september, but then Immortal's new one came out and I assume I was put on the back burner. I don't hate the new Immortal but it's definitely not good enough to have put off I for it.

Morbid Florist fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 3, 2009

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The new Krallice is up for pre-order on https://www.profoundlorerecords.com now. Woooo

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Until The Light Takes Us is old news, right?

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Not Very Metal posted:

Until The Light Takes Us is old news, right?

It was all right. Very little in the way of conventional telling of a story, but it did open up the personalities of two central characters quite a bit. Well, as much as one can make sense Varg Vikernes in the first place...

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Kaiho posted:

It was all right. Very little in the way of conventional telling of a story, but it did open up the personalities of two central characters quite a bit. Well, as much as one can make sense Varg Vikernes in the first place...

Right on, I think I remember it being discussed a while back. A local theatre is screening it at the end of the month, and it honestly looks worth the $7 admission.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Not Very Metal posted:

Right on, I think I remember it being discussed a while back. A local theatre is screening it at the end of the month, and it honestly looks worth the $7 admission.

It is. It's worth it to see on the big screen.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Where I live, I doubt I'll get to see more than the trailer anytime soon, but I'm looking forward to whenever the time comes. It seems pretty decent, I hope it deals with how ridiculous a lot of the media hype was.

By the way, does anyone know when that Lords of Chaos movie is coming out? Boy, that's gonna blow for sure.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

stairway to hippo posted:

Where I live, I doubt I'll get to see more than the trailer anytime soon, but I'm looking forward to whenever the time comes. It seems pretty decent, I hope it deals with how ridiculous a lot of the media hype was.

Recently, it screened at a horror film festival here, and it freaked some of the viewers right out. The rest of the crowd just didn't know what to make of it. I think they were expecting more flames and sensationalism than what this film delivers, which is a pretty meditative look at the Norwegian BM scene. A couple of guys who wouldn't even blink at whatever Japan throws out there in the realms of gore looked shaken after seeing Frost do his self-mutilation bit at an art show in Italy.

(And of course the metal fans were all 'Cool! Fenny! Varg!')

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Cool. I'm looking forward to seeing interviews with Varg Vikernes and Bård Eithun, neither of them have been very talkative after they got out of jail. And Fenriz is usually a laugh.

Razor
May 9, 2004

Not Very Metal posted:

I've been waiting to see it for quite some time; I'm hoping it's worthwhile. Looks like it's coming to Grand Rapids on December 4th--this is awesome.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

stairway to hippo posted:

Cool. I'm looking forward to seeing interviews with Varg Vikernes and Bård Eithun, neither of them have been very talkative after they got out of jail. And Fenriz is usually a laugh.

Sorry to disappoint (and maybe spoil) but there isn't much of an "interview" with Faust. In fact he doesn't actually appear on screen at all. and they mask his voice

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Well, that kind of sucks, but it doesn't really surprise me. Contrary to Varg, he doesn't seem to want any exposure at all, I think he just wants to play the drums and get on with his life.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Kaiho posted:

Sorry to disappoint (and maybe spoil) but there isn't much of an "interview" with Faust. In fact he doesn't actually appear on screen at all. and they mask his voice

Ahh, that was Bard in the trailer then. I e-mailed one of the writer/directors looking into helping spread the word around here, and got a reply almost instantly. She hasn't written me back this morning, but it looks like she'll send you posters and flyers if the film is playing near you.

Razor
May 9, 2004

I guess I must have listened to a lot of interviews with Faust, then; I could tell based on the accent that it was him speaking with a masked voice. His name in the credits basically confirmed it to me.

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn
Interrupting moviechat to rave about Merrimack: I can't believe how good Grey Rigorism is. I bought Of Entropy and Life Denial ages ago and while it has some good tracks I found it largely disappointing and kind of dull. I sorta hesitated with Grey Rigorism in case it was more of the same, but I just got it and I think it's one of my favourite things this year.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
It seems that the new Krallice album, Dimensional Bleedthrough, has leaked. Review to follow...

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

God damnit I don't want to have to drive to Grand Rapids on Dec. 4th, alone. Is it worth a 3 1/2 drive?

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn
Just preordered the new Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult, looking forward to it. If it's anywhere near as good as Hora Nocturna it's going to make my year.

Razor
May 9, 2004

Happy Hedonist posted:

God damnit I don't want to have to drive to Grand Rapids on Dec. 4th, alone. Is it worth a 3 1/2 drive?

It's had good reviews. Considering that only 11 theaters are listed as showing the film so far, I'd say it's worth the commute--at least it would be for me. I'm just glad there's finally something in Grand Rapids, and I don't have to drive to Detroit.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Razor posted:

It's had good reviews. Considering that only 11 theaters are listed as showing the film so far, I'd say it's worth the commute--at least it would be for me. I'm just glad there's finally something in Grand Rapids, and I don't have to drive to Detroit.

After thinking about it I drove my mother to GR to see loving Rent. God drat right I'm going to see this, however I wish they would post the show times before December 1st.

Razor
May 9, 2004

Yeah, I loaded the website the other day and was frustrated to see that. Ah well, at least it's showing somewhere in West Michigan--it could be worse. And who knows, maybe deltawing will head over this way and then we can have a mini goon meet at Founders or something.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Razor posted:

Yeah, I loaded the website the other day and was frustrated to see that. Ah well, at least it's showing somewhere in West Michigan--it could be worse. And who knows, maybe deltawing will head over this way and then we can have a mini goon meet at Founders or something.

I'm in. I love Founders!

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

It seems that the new Krallice album, Dimensional Bleedthrough, has leaked. Review to follow...

After one listen, it hasn't amazed me like the first album and the title track did.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

thanks for the head's up, was wondering about it

Razor
May 9, 2004

Happy Hedonist posted:

I'm in. I love Founders!

Sounds good. Any other Michiganders interested in meeting up in Grand Rapids to watch Until the Light Takes Us and grab some drinks before and/or after?

Mephysteaux
Oct 30, 2009
I just found this on Fundies Say the Darndest Things

"This is a group that is for Christians who would like to stand and make a profession against the black metal band out of Norway, Dimmu Borgir, who is sweeping the US by storm, and is already the top selling black metal band in history. This band is probably the most satanic band in the industry and they hate everything to do with God and the Bible. They are active satan worshipers, church burners, and cannibals(yes, cannibals!). So if you wanna show your support for this group and stand against one more evil thing in this world we live in, just join up."

I find this kind of funny, not only because I've read a bunch of interviewers with members of Dimmu Borgir where they Satanism is as dumb as Christianity, but I'm doing a research project, part of which covers black metal, and Dimmu Borgir are by no means the worst band out there.

EDIT: Actually, this is kind of old. For some reason it came up under most recent comments, though.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Mephysteaux posted:

Dimmu Borgir are by no means the worst band out there.

I would argue that they are, but not for the same reasons as those fundies.

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn

Mephysteaux posted:

This band is probably the most satanic band in the industry and they hate everything to do with God and the Bible. They are active satan worshipers, church burners, and cannibals(yes, cannibals!).

Hahaha

Do elaborate on your research project btw, what is it and how does it involve BM?

Caucasus Belli fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 7, 2009

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I've been asking this everywhere, might as well try here: Can any of you name BM bands with a tempo like Inquisition's or Demoncy's? Both bands don't trouble themselves to play too quickly, even when they're blasting. Both bands do this while being "true" BM, not symphonic or folk or doom or anything. I want stuff like that. There's not a lot, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Munky from KORN posted:

I've been asking this everywhere, might as well try here: Can any of you name BM bands with a tempo like Inquisition's or Demoncy's? Both bands don't trouble themselves to play too quickly, even when they're blasting. Both bands do this while being "true" BM, not symphonic or folk or doom or anything. I want stuff like that. There's not a lot, it seems.

Borknagar has some slow to mid tempo stuff. However, I don't know how tr00 kvlt they are.