Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tongsy
Aug 22, 2007

A total bargain at 11 grand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
I'm not sure if this is a typo or not.

Click here for the full 1126x708 image.

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

How do you typo it TWICE?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Grimster posted:

How do you typo it TWICE?

Forgot a decimal point? You should call, a Volvo for $200 could be worth it.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
This is actual craigslist gold, a 1975 Ford Pinto with a turbo 2.3 swap from a Merkur. http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/1451946773.html

quote:

2.3 turbo motor out of merkur, runs like new, no leaks at all.. 240 whp? very quick....
t-5 transmission (shifts perfect)
ford 8" rearend with detroit locker and new brakes
new master cylinder for brakes
large front mount intercooler designed for mr-2
full 2.5" intercooler piping custom done less than 360 degrees total bends
LA-3 ecu swap with large vam from '88 thunderbird
Ported polished and knife edged lower intake from 40bob.com
comes with matching gutted polished upper intake also from 40 bob
3" exhaust and flowmaster . NOT loud sounds good
Nice thick alluminum radiator(with e fan) designed for acura integra(never overheats)
Brand new injectors 35# brown tops
Newer clutch, never slips, new u-joints and rear transmission seal

This car is very reliable and can be driven every day, just looking for something a little different

If I weren't looking for a 4x4 I would be all over this as a daily driver.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

mod sassinator posted:

This is actual craigslist gold, a 1975 Ford Pinto with a turbo 2.3 swap from a Merkur. http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/1451946773.html

If I weren't looking for a 4x4 I would be all over this as a daily driver.

I'm basically doing this exact swap to a 64 Falcon. 8" LSD and all.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Baby Hitler posted:

I'm basically doing this exact swap to a 64 Falcon. 8" LSD and all.

For $2500 it seems like a hell of a deal, I doubt you can get the engine, transmission, diffs, etc. for that cheap. I'd love to get a Mustang SVO too, but the prices seem to be creeping up on them lately.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/1444313432.html

Click here for the full 1000x428 image.

someone buy it for me :(

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

mod sassinator posted:

I'd love to get a Mustang SVO too, but the prices seem to be creeping up on them lately.

Project SVOs are still under 2000, for working everything, just busted up body. But yeah, stock ones in good shape haven't moved on eBay for under 4k.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
A listing that's in the spirit of the OP:
http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/1436992290.html

GIS sample pics here, and I saved the text for posterity.

quote:

Your buddy told me you were considering a moped and I'm here to tell you that bros don't let bros buy mopeds.

You can call it "being green" all you want but I'm telling you it's the end of your dating life. You think you're going to pick up a girl on your moped? How about showing her the mountains? Get real, that'll be the last you see of the opposite sex.

Already have a girl you say and she thinks a moped is fine? Wait till a dude comes along with a real bike and takes her from ya. Then you're right back at square one again with no way to get a date. But hey, that's cool, at least you'll be getting the most out of your college dollars without chicks to distract you.

And since you no longer live at home with mommy, maybe you should consider this 1985 Honda Interceptor 500? This thing runs and rides and I got 51.9 mpg on my last tank. See, you can still be green, haul a girl around with you too, and all for about the same price as your precious moped. It's got enough power to haul the two of you around even if one of you has a few extra pounds but not so much power that you can dump her off the back, while taking off from that stop light all while trying to impress the hottie blondie in the convertible next to you. That's a good thing you see, cheaper insurance and then there's the whole "bird in hand vs. two in the bush thing.." Listen dummy, I'm saying that if you already have a girl on the back of your bike, you don't need to impress anyone else so 500cc's rocks.

This ride has a new air filter, spark plugs, carb insulator boots, gapped valves, along with cleaned and sync'd carbs. My wife said that if I kept this bike she'd have to get a tramp stamp to show off. And since I like tramp stamps on my girlfriends and not my wife, I need to sell this machine and move on to your grandpa's '80's CB series machines with the comfy backrest.

Here are a couple pictures with more available upon request. All the covers are in good shape and the left looks just as good as the right. Call Dave with questions 970-593-8680 or email.

No free rides, idiots, loosers, or dorks beyond help. Seriously, it's a motorcycle not a miracle. It's not guaranteed to get you chicks if you are already beyond help.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Oh my God I've been looking for one at that price for a while! Why couldn't it be closer? :argh: :gonk:

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

omgitstheinternet posted:

I've been waiting to find something awful enough to warrant a post in this thread, I think I finally struck gold.

I sort of like how it looks with the non-winter tires, and ignoring the interior. I feel... dirty.

(I hate most mods, especially after market lights... but those don't bother me somehow) :doh:

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Mother of God. One of my dream cars? In this po' dunk town?

Click here for the full 1024x536 image.

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-lotus-europa-for-sale-W0QQAdIdZ166894767

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-lotus-europa-for-sale-W0QQAdIdZ166894767

Why in god's name are you posting about that here when you could be buying that car right loving now?

Jesus, man, rob a liquor store if you have to. For comparison, see this:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/1446037874.html

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

That has to be a scam, nobody is that stupid to let a car that rare and in that good a nick go for that kinda price.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Diesel?

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

VideoTapir posted:

Diesel?

And only 1000 km on it. :toot:

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

mod sassinator posted:

For $2500 it seems like a hell of a deal, I doubt you can get the engine, transmission, diffs, etc. for that cheap. I'd love to get a Mustang SVO too, but the prices seem to be creeping up on them lately.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/1444174435.html :D

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Haha god drat, I stand corrected.

Gentlemen, I present the horrible love child of a 240SX and a GTO:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1453160338.html

quote:

1991 240SX Has a 2006 pontiac GTO interior, Black leather seats. Dash and the center consol. The motor is also from the same 2006 GTO wich is a LS2 6.0 V-8 with an automatic transmission. The motor only has a little over 18,500 miles. The car was dyno tuned and it put down 387hp and 385 torque to the wheels. The motor is all stock with just headers and dual 3" exhaust. Also all of the wiring for the entire car is from the GTO everything works perfectly. Alot of custom work on this car. Call me if you are serious buyer or have more questions. (253)426-9095
Please do not flag!

:psyduck:

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

I HATE CARS posted:

That has to be a scam, nobody is that stupid to let a car that rare and in that good a nick go for that kinda price.

Yeah, I'm going to agree with this. It's supposedly a diesel (not impossible, but...) with 1000 km in what looks like amazing shape for $2k? There are people here selling shitbox Civics for that. Either it's a total scam, or the side of the car you can't see has major body damage/doesn't exist at all.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

mod sassinator posted:

Apart from the interior work (not so much bad as WTF) and the nostrils, that is pretty awesome.

edit: Auto? :(

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

VideoTapir posted:

Apart from the interior work (not so much bad as WTF) and the nostrils, that is pretty awesome.

edit: Auto? :(
What this guy said. Toss that hood and you've got a clean, awesome as gently caress car. I wouldn't even care that it was an auto.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
gently caress that Cavalier-style shifter. Every time I see a shifter with the button on top, all I want to do is get out of the piece of poo poo before it catches on fire.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

I HATE CARS posted:

A friend is going to look at it today and I might be joining him.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

quote:

Probably easier to transplant the interior than to try and make the new engine work with the old dash.

I would drive that everywhere, but it's a pity about the JDMu front end.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Throatwarbler posted:

I would drive that everywhere, but it's a pity about the JDMu front end.

The JDM front end was better looking than anything the US got by miles.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

mod sassinator posted:

The sad thing is this would be a pretty nice S13 save for the ugly rear end hood and completely bizarre interior swap.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

A friend is going to look at it today and I might be joining him.

It was nice knowing you I guess. Hope you don't have any great attachment to your kidneys.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
But is it 19 grand worth of nice? How much is that engine worth?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

VideoTapir posted:

But is it 19 grand worth of nice? How much is that engine worth?

Just by looking at the car, here is a quick list of how much was spent:

LS2 transplant ~ $2,500-5,000
GTO interior bits ~ $300-500
Install kit ~ $1,000-1,500
Labor cost to install if paid to a qualified shop is over $4,000
Wheels and tires ~ $1,500-2,000
Boddykit and hood are at least a grand, not counting custom install and quality-looking paint. Think upward of $6,000
There is no mention of other upgrades, but we can assume at least a coil over kit.

If he dropped the car off at a shop and said "make it so", then he spent more than that asking price. If his asking price was 10 grand, I'd be driving it home. A handy DIYer can replicate it for much less, but at enormous time and labor expense. Knowing what the similar cars have sold for, this would go like hotcakes once he drops the price under 15 grand.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
Realistically I would assume he picked up a wrecked GTO for 5-6 grand and did the swap himself.

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

Click here for the full 922x469 image.

Hoping and praying no one buys it.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

ElehemEare posted:

Click here for the full 922x469 image.

Hoping and praying no one buys it.

so you can buy it? It's a high miles economy car from chevy's darkest days...

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

ab0z posted:

so you can buy it? It's a high miles economy car from chevy's darkest days...
read the last sentence of the ad :eng101:

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

destructo posted:

read the last sentence of the ad :eng101:

haha he's gonna "threw the woods"? who teaches these kids to write these days?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Wait...I thought Z24 referred to the 2.4l displacement of the LD9 engine. What does it mean then?

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
Who pays a large amount of money to get this paint job only to turn around an sell it. Its a 2009 for christs sake

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/1446254921.html

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

kill me now posted:

Who pays a large amount of money to get this paint job only to turn around an sell it. Its a 2009 for christs sake

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/1446254921.html

More money than brains
or
Change in circumstances

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

VideoTapir posted:

More money than brains
or
Change in circumstances

Yeah pretty much.
"OH this week I can afford a G8 with retarded paint!... 2 weeks ...oh poo poo I need to pay my water bill!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Throatwarbler posted:

Wait...I thought Z24 referred to the 2.4l displacement of the LD9 engine. What does it mean then?

It doesn't really mean anything, except that they wanted it to remind people of Z28. The original Z24 came with the 2.8 V6.