Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

slidebite posted:

Wheeler dealer extraordinaire
http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-1987-Toyota-Supra-MK3-4000-FIRM-NEED-GONE-PRICED-TO-SELL-W0QQAdIdZ169294676

If it'll go so easily at $5500 why would you only take $4000? Charity?

Further down the ad

:saddowns:

The rest of the ad is even worse:

quote:

This car can go good.

Everything that you can think of on this car has been serviced/replaced. and i have receipts to prove it

I can think of quite a bit. Does this mean the entire car has been replaced?

quote:

Just replaced the headgasket Last month ( October 17, 2009) which is a 2000 dollar job. Since these cars are prone to BHG, we torqued it down to the right specs to insure that it doesn't happen again.

Well, thank God you went way out of your way and repaired it the way you were supposed to.

quote:

Power steering, power windows, power locks, power seats, digital heat/ac controls

All of those things are unheard of for a 1987 car

Yes, all that wasn't invented until 2005.

quote:

I am currently driving this car, so if it doesn't sell, I will continue to drive it.

Thank you for letting us know your future plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Doctor Zero posted:

I can think of quite a bit. Does this mean the entire car has been replaced?

Hey man, EVERYTHING has been replaced. I see no reason to question this guy. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey I was hoping against hope that it was like that yellow miata deal. Pretty sure I said in my first post about it that it was either stolen or seriously hosed.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Rhyno posted:

Hey I was hoping against hope that it was like that yellow miata deal. Pretty sure I said in my first post about it that it was either stolen or seriously hosed.

It's neither - it doesn't exist other than an image scrounged up on the internet.

What was his reply to your inquiry?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

slidebite posted:

It's neither - it doesn't exist other than an image scrounged up on the internet.

What was his reply to your inquiry?

No reply. My email was pretty much "So what's wrong with this car/where did you steal it from?"

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

If he does reply, tell him you'll pay him $10K for it if he can be so kind as to be the go-between with a for $20K transfer.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-new-beetle-girlfriend-pregnant-wife-angry-must-sell-W0QQAdIdZ131270159
new beetle / girlfriend pregnant , wife angry must sell

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Ok, that takes the cake. Especially since it's a New Beetle an not like a Harley or some other more enthusiast "why the hell do you own that" car.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

slidebite posted:

If it'll go so easily at $5500 why would you only take $4000? Charity?

I have been watching a 911 for about 6 weeks now. Every week the owner post the same headline saying "Price Reduced!!" except some weeks the price goes up, some weeks it goes down. He always says it is "worth" $10k more than he is asking. I am confused by his strategy.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

slidebite posted:

Hey man, EVERYTHING has been replaced. I see no reason to question this guy. :colbert:

...or serviced. Should ask him which of those happened to the frame :kiddo:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Boat posted:

Ok, that takes the cake. Especially since it's a New Beetle an not like a Harley or some other more enthusiast "why the hell do you own that" car.

It's probably the car he bought for his pre-pregnant girlfriend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh my.
http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/1470621379.html

Click here for the full 1242x608 image.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Tell us how you really feel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ab0z posted:

Tell us how you really feel.

I love his use of "fart" instead of fort and "phuckheads."

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

That was awesome

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Also, the s-10 blazer was badged as a 'blazer'. It's actually pretty understandable if someone is looking for a blazer, that they'll get a lot of s-10 results. Kinda stupid to get upset about it. The model-years don't overlap so he should just search on the full-size Blazer model years wait why am I typing this,

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

Leperflesh posted:

Also, the s-10 blazer was badged as a 'blazer'. It's actually pretty understandable if someone is looking for a blazer, that they'll get a lot of s-10 results. Kinda stupid to get upset about it. The model-years don't overlap so he should just search on the full-size Blazer model years wait why am I typing this,

the k5 and the s10 blazers overlapped for 11 years before the k5 became the tahoe

UserNotFound fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 18, 2009

TylerC
Jun 17, 2005

by Tiny Fistpump
http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/1470479823.html

"Can't test drive my Mustang without showing me $20,000 in CASH"

DOTA Uninstaller
Jul 13, 2005
Causing indigestion the world over.

TylerC posted:

"Buying a house, so the car's gotta go, but I don't want to sell it, just seeing if it will sell, so my price is FIRM." Talk about conflicted.

TylerC
Jun 17, 2005

by Tiny Fistpump
Just emailed him:

I really want your car but I only have $16,000 cash.

I know your firm on price but if you'll take 16k I'll bring the cash tonight in unmarked, serial $100 bills

Lemme know, -Tyler

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
How much is his car actually worth? I mean it is pretty good looking, and at least before the recession came on full force Fox bodies were inflating pretty quick.

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

How much is his car actually worth? I mean it is pretty good looking, and at least before the recession came on full force Fox bodies were inflating pretty quick.

Hint: It is most certainly not worth 17,500$

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

sw0cb posted:

Hint: It is most certainly not worth 17,500$

Especially seeing as he wants a 2005 F-150 in trade and that's worth, what, 7-9 grand? He really just wants to trade it for a truck.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

VideoTapir posted:

You can get an honest to god 8 second one for just a little more:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/190525-91-mustang-street-drag-radial-car-8sec-car.html

I've really been considering picking one up for old time's sake (1990 5.0 was my first car).

TylerC
Jun 17, 2005

by Tiny Fistpump

TylerC posted:

Just emailed him:

I really want your car but I only have $16,000 cash.

I know your firm on price but if you'll take 16k I'll bring the cash tonight in unmarked, serial $100 bills

Lemme know, -Tyler
response:

What is unmarked, serial $100 bills? Money is money! Please do explain that to me...

Trying to figure out what to say, maybe that I robbed a bank but that it was a decade ago so the money is clean now

City17
Dec 3, 2006

Just tell him your spiritual adviser has told you that $100 bills are evil. But you can purchase the car for 16,000 1 dollar bills, but he will have to count quickly because you have to be somewhere.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

TylerC posted:

response:

What is unmarked, serial $100 bills? Money is money! Please do explain that to me...

Trying to figure out what to say, maybe that I robbed a bank but that it was a decade ago so the money is clean now

Ask him if he takes federal reserve notes.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
I am no one to be Trifled with!!!!
I found this beauty today. It looks really awesome. I have never seen a rotary powered Suzuki Sidekick before.

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

valinhorn posted:

I found this beauty today. It looks really awesome. I have never seen a rotary powered Suzuki Sidekick before.

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Guarantee that it's a Puerto Rican guy selling it. Around here almost all the Puerto Rican guys drive rotary powered vehicles, including several vehicles that didnt' originally have rotary engines. One of them has a geo tracker with a loud bridgeported 12a. I think the rotary is their national engine. The only other combo they approve of are old RWD japanese sports cars with V8 engines. (1st gen rx7 with chev 350, S30 Z with mopar big block). They're all pretty nice guys though.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

TylerC posted:

When I was car shopping in May I went to H. Gregoire (a big used-car dealer here in Montreal) and was told that before a test drive I would have to sign a contract to buy the car contingent on being pleased with the test drive. Needless to say I did not return there, and they haven't sold the C350 I was interested in since then.

Mind you that was a good thing for me, I'm quite happy with the A4 I ended up buying CPO from a local Audi dealer.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

There was a story in Vancouver a few years back that the Toyota and Honda dealers would only disclose pricing if you agreed to buy the car. :psyduck:

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
Honestly, I hope I never have to go through a dealership to buy a car I want that isn't some kind of small place run by another enthusiast.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
I am no one to be Trifled with!!!!

ab0z posted:

Guarantee that it's a Puerto Rican guy selling it. Around here almost all the Puerto Rican guys drive rotary powered vehicles, including several vehicles that didnt' originally have rotary engines. One of them has a geo tracker with a loud bridgeported 12a. I think the rotary is their national engine. The only other combo they approve of are old RWD japanese sports cars with V8 engines. (1st gen rx7 with chev 350, S30 Z with mopar big block). They're all pretty nice guys though.

I doubt it given the area that they are living in is complete redneck ville. I have never seen anything even resembling a Puerto Rican within miles of that area. From my understanding everyone in that city is related to each other, but I could be wrong on that one.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

slidebite posted:

There was a story in Vancouver a few years back that the Toyota and Honda dealers would only disclose pricing if you agreed to buy the car. :psyduck:

Must've been a great time and place to be selling Mazdas.

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

ab0z posted:

Yep. Even down here in Phoenix, where half the population is Mexican, the rotary mechanics are Puerto Rican.

iZoom-zoom!

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh god.

No pictures, but this ad is titled " '71ish Crapi.. Carpi.. Capri."

Gold Coast Horror posted:

This is an abomination. Some sick and twisted individual stuck a 1972 2 liter engine in a 1971 body. The body wants the exaust on the other side, but it didn't happen... along with several other things. Much to my dismay we managed to milk about 300,000 miles outta this piece o' crap. Along the way it got hardened valve seats (ex. only), some decent body work and paint, a good FoMoCo alternator with external regulator, decent radiator and tires. This car will challenge your mechanical abilities. These were disposable cars to begin with, and if you aren't a mechanic now, you will become one. (Like I did.) The fuel mileage was around 28ish, it's easy to tune up, and you won't need to smog it. The interior sucks, the only notable here is the Kenwood stereo which plays cassettes. La Ti Da! Obviously I will have to sell this heap with a junk title, which means you, the ambitious buyer, are going to have make it pass a safety inspection. Which means you will have to fix the brakes, which means the rotors will have to be replaced, a rebuilt caliper put on the left front... Diddle with the wiring for the lights...
On the plus side... hmmmm, there is no plus side.
So if your kid has too much free time, needs a cheap car, loves autoshop, knows which end of a sparkplug goes in the radiator, and he/she really pissed you off by wrecking your favorite car; buy him/her this troll. Price is somewhat negotiable, but don't get your hopes up too high. I need the dough for counseling after owning this pile for so long.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
Only semi-Automotive (they need a ride, oi!), but otherwise, this is solid 24K Craigslist Gold Insanity.

Cpaka
Jun 6, 2007

Hurry up guys and get on this kick-rear end deal!

Click here for the full 800x432 image.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/1473408726.html

"Help! I got taken for a ride and have no idea how to use a calculator, or manage my money!"

Alternately, "Paying nearly 500$ a month to rent a Scion for 4 years turned out to not be such a great decision."

For reference, that's a mere 23,280$ paid out over the course of 48 months, on a car with a 16,700$ MSRP. Oh, and you don't even own it at the end.

MUST SEE!

:psyduck:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I knew a guy who was paying 600 bucks a month (in 02) to lease a RAV-4. I don't think his lease was that long, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Cpaka posted:

Alternately, "Paying nearly 500$ a month to rent a Scion for 4 years turned out to not be such a great decision."
If you have no money/trade down, it's not that different a deal, really.

$16700+10% (taxes and poo poo) at 6.8% (bankrate.com) = 438.19/mo * 48 months = $21,033.
That works out to paying an extra $45.77/mo. or $2197 total, to lease vs. buy.
Today's Autotrader Average value of a 4 year old XB? $10157.

Once you step outside thinking of a car as an asset (because it's not - it's a liability - c.f. paying $21,033 for something worth $10157), leasing begins to make sense, and has a few advantages over purchasing.
* You're always in a new car.
* Always under warranty.
* No sense of What The gently caress Is Going To Break Next On This Piece Of poo poo?
* Never buying Someone Else's Problem Child (i.e. Used)

...etc.

But the advantages all hinge on viewing it as "Car As A Service", not "Car As A Durable Good". We're AI residents, of COURSE we want to keep the car once it's paid off. So we can violate it with all manner of forced induction engine swap goodness. Since it's paid off and all...

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 19, 2009