Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plasma1010
Jul 2, 2007

by T. Mascis
It was suggested in GBS I post here as well ...

I have a Black Metal project in which we just released a Demo which I would like to share with you Black Metal fans ...

The name of the Demo is Winter Twilight ...

Evighet
We are two guys from NY who recorded the entire album ourselves from our houses / basements. We have decided from day one we will never step into a studio and never have another person step into the creation of our sound. It is just us two recording what we like in our underground Black Metal style. We go as follows ...

Aziekion - Guitars, Bass

Taiga (Myself) - Vocals, Synthesizer, Drums

We do not know much about making our music available through Torrent Programs / Download Programs, etc. however so far the forums have helped make the Demo available with .MP3 and Album Artwork on ...

http://images.bureau42.com/sa/audio/Winter_Twilight.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?1ynycmz0tqt
http://www.last.fm/music/Evighet
http://rapidshare.com/files/292537668/Winter_Twilight.zip

If anyone knows how to spread the availability of it online for Downloading to the public feel free to do so. We fully support free music and wouldn't mind it being spread as much as possible.

We are currently working on an Album however we are not sure of the completion time as I will be doing Drums and Vocals abroad and Aziekion is currently upgrading his Guitar Cabinet, which appears to be quite a process and very tedious. One difference for the album will be that we are going to be 90% Analog as opposed to some of the Plug-Ins we used for the Demo. We want to be in the realm of Basement-Analog by the time the album is complete.

We recorded the Demo in Sonar 7. We have just switched to Saw Studio. Saw Studio is the only program on the market right now which can record at 64 bit. It looks terrible but it sounds terrific. Those are basically the only changes, which should be for the better.

The drums were recorded in my basement with Microphones hanging from the ceiling and echoing all throughout the concrete. I couldn't be happier with it's sound.

I am actually not to sure what Aziekion's influences completely are. I know he is influenced by Immortal and Dark Funeral. He has been on guitar for 14 years. I drew my influences mostly from Dimmu Borgir - For All Tid and Gorgoroth - Destroyer.

If you like us we currently only have information available through ...

https://www.myspace.com/EvighetBlackMetal

This album is heavy so you Black Metal fans might enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWithers
Nov 24, 2007
This is pretty much awesome. Listen to this!

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009
Listened to a couple songs on the myspace Plasma. Sounds good man. How long have you been playing drums?

Funeral Mist fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 23, 2009

Plasma1010
Jul 2, 2007

by T. Mascis

Funeral Mist posted:

Listened to a couple songs on the myspace Plasma. Sounds good man. How long have you been playing drums?

Since March or April I guess. Had my full set by end of April so around then maybe. Don't put me on a drum set and expect me to rip because I only really practice near when I'm recording something, otherwise I'm not that good. I honestly don't like the drums that much I generally just play guitar in my free time.

bakeddogbeans
Nov 2, 2004
Cranium Warrior
Plasma1010, is there any way to obtain a lossless version of your demo? I'd gladly send you a couple bucks via paypal for your trouble if it helps.

Plasma1010
Jul 2, 2007

by T. Mascis

RasaFrasa posted:

Plasma1010, is there any way to obtain a lossless version of your demo? I'd gladly send you a couple bucks via paypal for your trouble if it helps.

We don't want the money but thanks anyhow. Not sure why I don't have the FLAC version on me. Just asked the other guy to upload it ASAP, will report back once it's online.

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn
Yeah liking Into the Boreal Forest a lot.

Plasma1010
Jul 2, 2007

by T. Mascis

RasaFrasa posted:

Just wanted to get back to you, our files are corrupted. We are missing drums and stuff in some backed up versions, and the original hard drive has become crashed. I don't know how so much happened at once but apparently for the while the .MP3 files will be the only thing available.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Plasma1010 posted:

Just wanted to get back to you, our files are corrupted. We are missing drums and stuff in some backed up versions, and the original hard drive has become crashed. I don't know how so much happened at once but apparently for the while the .MP3 files will be the only thing available.

Awesome. Keep it necro. Seriously, that just adds to the mystique :p

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007
All the really kvlt bands use Maxtor hard drives for their recordings.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

catbread.jpg posted:

All the really kvlt bands use Maxtor hard drives for their recordings.

The truly grim and frostbitten use IBM Deskstars.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Whoever suggested Nazxul owns. I'm listening to it now and it's awesome.

On Maxtors: I haven't had one fail me yet, the ones that have were two Seagates :colbert:

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

My band uses a Maxtor external hard drive for our backups. It's loving nekro.

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007

stairway to hippo posted:

My band uses a Maxtor external hard drive for our backups. It's loving nekro.

It's a metaphor for the fragility of life.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

There is something really familiar with that funeral march-esque riff in Nazxul's Black Wings. Is it an end-note-reworked version of the funeral march or just something else really familiar?

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Plasma1010 posted:

Good black to basics :black101:, good job

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn
It certainly sounds like funeral march.

Plasma1010 posted:

We are currently working on an Album

Are you going to do album versions of any of your current stuff, or will it all be new material? I ask because a longer version of Into the Boreal Forest would be sweet as gently caress.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Plasma1010 posted:

I'm liking it, thanks!

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Yea seriously thanks for sharing! I particularly like the second track and would love to hear more.

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007

Plasma1010 posted:

For the record this owns.

One thing I don't quite understand is the weird syncopation thing happening at 0:23 onwards on The Black Death, is it intentional? It's really tight everywhere else, so I have a hard time believing it's just being sloppy.

Plasma1010
Jul 2, 2007

by T. Mascis

catbread.jpg posted:

For the record this owns.

One thing I don't quite understand is the weird syncopation thing happening at 0:23 onwards on The Black Death, is it intentional? It's really tight everywhere else, so I have a hard time believing it's just being sloppy.

Well we purposely did lots of time changes and stuff. I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to though.

Caucasus Belli posted:

Are you going to do album versions of any of your current stuff, or will it all be new material? I ask because a longer version of Into the Boreal Forest would be sweet as gently caress.

well I am completely against re-doing old works, and since we are completely changing the way we are recording the album (I.E. it will be 90% analog) we can't put demo songs on the album. So it will be all new material. A lot of people mentioned Into The Boreal Forest sounded like it should have been longer but that was kind of the point was to just have the song come and go quickly.

Ulver and Mykgrav are currently on my listening list. What are you guys listening to ?

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007

Plasma1010 posted:

Well we purposely did lots of time changes and stuff. I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to though.

Somebody tell me I'm not hearing things.

Plasma1010 posted:

Ulver and Mykgrav are currently on my listening list. What are you guys listening to ?

Winterfylleth. The first Anglo-Saxon black metal band I've heard. There's some interesting history behind the songs.

Also Hardangervidda by Ildjarn. Very evocative for a bunch of canned synths.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009
I'm going to see Marduk w/ Nachtmystium on thursday. Anyone seen this tour yet?

Axolotl Atlatl
Mar 19, 2009

It's the truth, mang.
Just ask your pop.

Funeral Mist posted:

I'm going to see Marduk w/ Nachtmystium on thursday. Anyone seen this tour yet?

Saw 'em on Friday. The guys from Mantic Ritual were sick, so they cut their set short(and then crashed at my friend's place after the show... probably not a very good way to recuperate). Merrimack's set was really drat good; the sound guy did a stellar job setting them up. I don't know what they did between bands, but it made Nachtmystium and Marduk sound really tinny by comparison, which you'd think would be a hard thing to do in a venue that small. The Bar's a total poo poo-hole, though, so you might not have that problem.

I also had the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me at a show go down there. During Marduk's set, I made it up to the front, found a large empty spot, and started banging my head, 'cause, well, I've got four feet of red curls to swing around, and why not? I look up, and the bass player points at me and yells, "gently caress Yeah!", and right at that moment, an enormous sweaty hambeast clocked me upside the head with a hardbound copy of Rush Limbaugh's "The Way Things Ought to Be".

I seriously don't know what the gently caress. Maybe I interrupted her filthy mating ritual or something (I was there with my husband; not like I was intentionally trying to poon-block her or anything).

In summary, it was a pretty drat good show, just watch out for :btroll: who don't quite understand the :black101: definition of "right wing", I guess.

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17
Winterfylleth are good, but their liner notes do make me wonder if they're a bit BNP black metal. Still, I bump into Chris, the lead singer, at various gigs and he seems a nice enough chap.

Black metal thread: What are your albums of the year? Mine are, in no particular order:
Altar of Plagues - White Tomb
Oranssi Pazuzu - Muukalainen Puhuu
Nazxul - Iconoclast
Mistur - Attende
Secrets of the Moon - Privilegivm
Shining - VI: Klagopsalmer
Enmerkar - Starlit Passage (EP)
Skagos - Ást
Drudkh - Microcosmos

List subject to change, and by no means complete. But a starting point, anyway.

E: God drat it's hard to spell Finnish words XD

EvilMoJoJoJo fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 30, 2009

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Nemhain posted:

I also had the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me at a show go down there. During Marduk's set, I made it up to the front, found a large empty spot, and started banging my head, 'cause, well, I've got four feet of red curls to swing around, and why not? I look up, and the bass player points at me and yells, "gently caress Yeah!", and right at that moment, an enormous sweaty hambeast clocked me upside the head with a hardbound copy of Rush Limbaugh's "The Way Things Ought to Be".

Haha, sounds intense.

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

Enmerkar - Starlit Passage (EP)
Skagos - Ást

yase

To further this:

Caïna - Caïna (EP)
Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II (duhhh)
Fen - The Malediction Fields

Still haven't heard Nazxul. It's on The List.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
I second the following:

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

Mistur - Attende
Shining - VI: Klagopsalmer
Skagos - Ást

And would at least add
The Ruins of Beverast - Foulest Semen of a Sheltered Elite.

And probably some others that escape me at the moment.

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17
Good to see Altar of Plagues getting some love from the thread :3

Groke posted:

And would at least add
The Ruins of Beverast - Foulest Semen of a Sheltered Elite.

Oooh, I forgot that TRoB had put out another album. Will look into it.

Catbread: I forgot about the Fen album, too. I get an almost Proustian memory-rush when I hear it, though, and can almost smell the peculiar stink of the Underworld in Camden, which is where I first heard songs from that album. I'll investigate Caïna, too. Good to find out what all y'all have been into this year. :)

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Shining came out with a new album? ahffffffffffffffffffffffff

Please tell me it's as good as Halmstad. I love throwing my money at shining :byodood:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Hung Yuri posted:

Shining came out with a new album? ahffffffffffffffffffffffff

Please tell me it's as good as Halmstad. I love throwing my money at shining :byodood:

I was pretty disappointed with Klagopsalmer :( and Halmstad is one of my favorite albums.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Finally saw Until the Light Takes Us this weekend. It sure was a 90 minute history told by Varg and Fenriz. Yup.

Also digging your tracks, Plasma.

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn
Klagopsalmer is nothing like Halmstad at all (it's still a great album though, check it out)

From what I've heard the one they're recording now will be much more like Halmstad and The Eerie Cold.

Albums of the year for me?

Otargos - gently caress God-Disease Process
Imperial Vengeance - At the Going Down of the Sun
Funeral Mist - Maranatha
Nazxul - Iconoclast
Marduk - Wormwood
Endstille - Verführer
Secrets of the Moon - Privilegivm
Ossadogva - Born from a Tomb (even if it isn't as good as Ia)

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Caucasus Belli posted:

Endstille - Verführer

Ah man, I forgot about that! What a fun album.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
If he manages to get out this year the new Countess album will obviously be the best.

If not, it will be the best album of 2010.

Plasma1010
Jul 2, 2007

by T. Mascis
Started listening to this group Kladovest which I guess released an EP or Demo called Escape in Melancholy and it's pretty good.

I'm extremely picky when it comes to Black Metal though. A lot of the strict Blast Beat simplistic BM I'm not really into, like I been listening to this group Svart Hat and I dig it but I couldn't really get fully into it. I do happen to really like Ildjarn and I think it's really because of his interesting guitar sounds.

But my favorite BM album of all time is Dimmu Borgir - For All Tid and that will probably never change.

Plasma1010 fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 30, 2009

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Plasma1010 posted:

But my favorite BM album of all time is Dimmu Borgir - For All Tid and that will probably never change.

Agreed. But only the original No Colours Records edition, as the Nuclear Blast reissue has tons of horrible edits that kill the mood of the album. I remember buying the original version when it was released and being absolutely blown away by what I was hearing. One of the most depressed black metal recordings ever released. It's kind of funny to think about what a disaster the band has become when you consider how phenomenal their first two records are.

Plasma1010
Jul 2, 2007

by T. Mascis

ultraviolence123 posted:

Agreed. But only the original No Colours Records edition, as the Nuclear Blast reissue has tons of horrible edits that kill the mood of the album. I remember buying the original version when it was released and being absolutely blown away by what I was hearing. One of the most depressed black metal recordings ever released. It's kind of funny to think about what a disaster the band has become when you consider how phenomenal their first two records are.

A true BM fan right there ^^^

astounding_zlatan
Apr 27, 2003
---

astounding_zlatan fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

All Forefather songs are from the same exact mould though. Neat melodies, but not enough of them in one song. The instrumentals are their best fare. Also, drum machines really, really grate.