Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Aceshighxxx posted:

Of course, this one isn't perfect by any means, but it would be tempting to just put it in storage for like 15 years (especially if it's a real Si):

That car is nowhere near pristine enough to be worth the hassle of storing well for 15 years. Might be worth 5-6k in future dollars if it was kept in exactly the same shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Splizwarf posted:

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/1490694804.html

gently caress, that's awesome, $1,200 down and then $50 bucks a week for how long, like, six weeks I guess? Eight?
Nah, it's clever language. The "100% financing" is the interest rate. You never pay it off.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Holy crap. It looks like a giant rear end in a top hat is about to swallow the cabin.

Also, someone misunderstood "flat black". Faded and dirty is more like it.

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
1966 Dodge Charger, Original survivor unrestored. < 10k miles. Claims it has appraised for $4 million. This guy lives about a mile from my house (I had no idea)

http://bn.craigslist.org/cto/1490502328.html

Look's like he has another Charger he is asking $105k for. #s matching, restored:

http://bn.craigslist.org/cto/1490604685.html

I tried taking a screenshot to include, so others can see after the posting expires...but the length of the caps was bringing my machine to its knees. Does anyone care to host pics? Edit: Snagit finally captured the $4mil car post, but it was a 50MB png file :)

BabyJesus fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 2, 2009

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

BabyJesus posted:

1966 Dodge Charger, Original survivor unrestored. < 10k miles. Claims it has appraised for $4 million. This guy lives about a mile from my house (I had no idea)

http://bn.craigslist.org/cto/1490502328.html

Look's like he has another Charger he is asking $105k for. #s matching, restored:

http://bn.craigslist.org/cto/1490604685.html

I tried taking a screenshot to include, so others can see after the posting expires...but the length of the caps was bringing my machine to its knees. Does anyone care to host pics? Edit: Snagit finally captured the $4mil car post, but it was a 50MB png file :)

He's selling a car for 4 million dollars and he posts a shitload of crappy, blurry pics of it in his front yard? :raise:

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
e: He's selling a car for 4 million dollars, and he's doing it through Craigslist?
He's selling a car for 4 million dollars and his roof looks like that?

Is this a new game?

slidebite posted:

Nah, it's clever language. The "100% financing" is the interest rate. You never pay it off.

Oh, I know. It's just funny to see $1,200 down and financing for a ~$2,000 car (and the ad never specifies an actual total price :suicide:). I mean, for something worth like $10,000 sure, I can see some kind of financing, but a downpayment that's roughly more than half the value AND a payment plan that ENDS WHEN I SAY IT ENDS BITCH? Seriously?

Splizwarf fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 2, 2009

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002

Doctor Zero posted:

He's selling a car for 4 million dollars and he posts a shitload of crappy, blurry pics of it in his front yard? :raise:

He's a retiree living in a metro area of ~125,000 people. I'd imagine if he is serious about selling the car this is just another free ad to get the car out there. I'm assuming if he is actively trying to sell it, he has it listed with some classic car specialty places, too.

I was just surprised to see something like this in my local area, and the guy lives so close to me.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
If you guys want a pristine CR-X, move to Canada and get an SiR imported from Japan.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

If you guys want a pristine CR-X, move to Canada and get an SiR imported from Japan.

Or get one in SoCal, there were 2 different stock 1991 CRX Si models in my not particularly car-centric neighborhood, and they were all over even on the original wheels.

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

Just ran across this gem

Lexus LS400 for $2000? Sure!

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/1455649312.html

No dash? No thanks.

Click here for the full 1492x913 image.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Team140 posted:

No dash? No thanks.
For the best. I wouldn't want that little puppet dude from Saw popping out of it. WTF did he mean?

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

For the best. I wouldn't want that little puppet dude from Saw popping out of it. WTF did he mean?

This dude:

Look close at the center of the dash where the climate control/radio/etc is at.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Team140 posted:

This dude:

Look close at the center of the dash where the climate control/radio/etc is at.

haha, I know the puppet, but I didn't see the ridiculous face formed in the fiberglass. Assumed it was a busted 20" TV with the puppet jammed in the broken glass.

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

haha, I know the puppet, but I didn't see the ridiculous face formed in the fiberglass. Assumed it was a busted 20" TV with the puppet jammed in the broken glass.

Now that would be awesome!

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

lmao, "It has the little puppet Dude from saw poppin out..." is the best quote I've seen from these ads yet.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Revvik posted:

If I ever follow through with my desire to own a CRX the next time I am looking, I will probably have to settle for "undo at least a grand worth of previous owner's investments."
As a crx owner, it's true. It will get to the point where you will say "Hrm, X broke, lets look for where it was messed with."

threepac
Sep 26, 2008

OHMED!
Automotive Insanity: It has the little puppet Dude from Saw poppin out...

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

BabyJesus posted:

I was just surprised to see something like this in my local area, and the guy lives so close to me.

Call him up, tell him you found his ad on craiglist and your ready to buy, but can he wait until next week when you get your settlement money and ask if he'll take half in Home Depot gift cards.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 2, 2009

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

So that's why I see RHD CRX hatches!

... or at least it would be if those also aren't clapped out with half of a Canadian Tire glued to them. :smith:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

quote:

85 honda 200 - $200
Date: 2009-12-02, 9:10PM MST
Reply to: sale-mevua-1492485918@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

pull start on first pull new tires its the 200 with no shocks

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1492485918

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Not Craigslist but this ad has been in Auto Weekly magazine for the last few months at the same OMG CLASSIC WOODY AMERICANA!!!1!! price. Karpower doesn't go to 88, but here's the fair market value of the next year newer with side by side comparison, he's only wanting about 24k over its actual value. Only 58k miles which means everything has been magically frozen in time for the last 21 years!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

keykey fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 3, 2009

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
It's ironic because while you would expect to be able to hammer things effectively with a hammer, with this hammer, you cannot.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Pilsner posted:

Holy crap. It looks like a giant rear end in a top hat is about to swallow the cabin.

Also, someone misunderstood "flat black". Faded and dirty is more like it.

He also misunderstood the expressions "T-top" and "invested".

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

VideoTapir posted:

It's ironic because while you would expect to be able to hammer things effectively with a hammer, with this hammer, you cannot.

You can, however, allow an acquaintance to give themselves a concussion or crush an eyeball for cheap laughs.

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.
OK this isn't craigslist but its so hideous I had to post it

quote:

Over $50,000 was spent over the years to create this incredible piece of rolling mechanical art.

We tried to capture the beauty of this truck but until you see it in person...you won't be able to appreciate just how spectacular it is.

And the frosting will be when you actually slip behind the wheel and experience the 503HP at the rear wheels. This is one very fast truck!

We are offering this incredible truck for about the cost of what it would cost you today to paint the truck and have the murals done.

I guess 50k doesn't buy taste...I don't get the bee theme either

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988...=item2ea964acef

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
Minus the weird poo poo on the tailgate and tonneau cover, I'd drive that wearing my best 80s outfit (meaning I'd go buy an 80s outfit because I was 3 when that truck was made).
It's so terrible it's awesome. (minus the strange girl and random bees)

edit: How is the procharger connected? It appears to be totally disconnected from the intake tract.

ab0z fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 4, 2009

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I like that while his truck has 503hp and "stops like a new Corvette", it didn't occur to him to swap out the low-backed utility seats for something sportier, or even just seats with headrests.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Well, at least its got some wheaties under the hood, and the interior looks comfy if not extremely beige. The cross eyed bee girl should be replaced with a Blind melon bee girl though.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

Huggable Bear King posted:

I guess 50k doesn't buy taste...I don't get the bee theme either

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988...=item2ea964acef

Is that guy friends with Buck, from Huntsville Texas? He just had to have his very own Pussy Wagon.

Noriyuki
Jul 19, 2004

ab0z posted:

How is the procharger connected? It appears to be totally disconnected from the intake tract.

Plus note there isn't even a belt on it. This 503hp kinda looks unlikely.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Noriyuki posted:

Plus note there isn't even a belt on it. This 503hp kinda looks unlikely.

OH yeah. I guess that might help too.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Noriyuki posted:

This 503hp kinda looks unlikely.

I don't think it's too out of line. FAHV HUNNERT hp from the supercharger, 3hp from an aftermarket filter (it says so right on the box!), and there you go, 503 horsepower.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/1494049637.html

Real gold this time.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

VideoTapir posted:

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/1494049637.html

Real gold this time.

A perfect around-town beater if I've ever seen one, and if you need to pay for gas you can just charge people and drop them off!

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

Huggable Bear King posted:

I am extremely embarrassed to admit I sorta like this, in my defense, I was about 15 when poo poo like this was "cool" (mid to late 1980s) I still have an unhealthy love for the garish pastel colors and big heartbeat graphics and drippy green graphics and crap you saw so much back then mostly on lowrider pickups.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Grimster posted:

I am extremely embarrassed to admit I sorta like this, in my defense, I was about 15 when poo poo like this was "cool" (mid to late 1980s) I still have an unhealthy love for the garish pastel colors and big heartbeat graphics and drippy green graphics and crap you saw so much back then mostly on lowrider pickups.

I think bee on the back is hilarious. The girl, however, scares me right proper.

Loose the mural and add "Pussy Wagon" and you are good to go. He only wants $12k, which makes him 78% more sane than most sellers.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

keykey posted:

Not Craigslist but this ad has been in Auto Weekly magazine for the last few months at the same OMG CLASSIC WOODY AMERICANA!!!1!! price. Karpower doesn't go to 88, but here's the fair market value of the next year newer with side by side comparison, he's only wanting about 24k over its actual value. Only 58k miles which means everything has been magically frozen in time for the last 21 years!

Did that thing even command $26,000 when it was brand new??

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

keykey posted:

Actually, everything has been magically frozen in time on that vehicle—Wagonmaster sells full restos, down to delivery plastic.

It's not just a beat to hell Grand Wagoneer some dude decided to list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City17
Dec 3, 2006

At least bronze or silver, if not true gold. Saw it on bringatrailer.com

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/1493863609.html