Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Also, is The Heartland currently selling a CD with the songs on their myspace player on it?

It's called Frontier, I'm not sure how available it is though; whether it's hard or easy to find. I'm pretty sure you can get it somewhere.

P.S. Seeing Protest the Hero again on the sixteenth. They're playing Fortress all the way through.

Business Raptor fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Chon rules hard, but I wish they would come out with more than 4 songs.

Wickacha
Jul 31, 2004
this is where it's at

Business Raptor posted:

It's called Frontier, I'm not sure how available it is though; whether it's hard or easy to find. I'm pretty sure you can get it somewhere.

P.S. Seeing Protest the Hero again on the sixteenth. They're playing Fortress all the way through.

Dude, I saw Protest on November 20th and they played Fortress all the way through. It was the first time they ever played Bone Marrow! It was amazing, they did it all note for note, then closed with Turn Soonest to the Sea and Blindfolds Aside. Totally worth going to and I can`t wait to see them in Toronto later this month.

And to plester1, Chon has two new live songs posted on their myspace if you look at their blog entries. The quality is pretty bad and the songs don`t quite measure up in my opinion, but they are fun none the less.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Recommend me some awesome poo poo like continuance and saints never surrender.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

Wickacha posted:

Dude, I saw Protest on November 20th and they played Fortress all the way through. It was the first time they ever played Bone Marrow! It was amazing, they did it all note for note, then closed with Turn Soonest to the Sea and Blindfolds Aside. Totally worth going to and I can`t wait to see them in Toronto later this month.

I've seen them a billion times and I have never been disappointed. The second time I saw them they played Kezia all the way through which was phenomenal. I'm glad they close with two songs, because there is NO way they could choose one song from Kezia.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
My bands demo is up on myspace now. If you like heavy hardcore check it out

http://www.myspace.com/tacomaoblivion

If you want to hear it with better quality I uploaded it on mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?3k2mnyb4jon

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Mazel Tov posted:

Playing is cool, but I absolutely hate the vocals. Not saying they're bad, but the sound of 'em just annoy me for some reason :psyduck:

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

Mazel Tov posted:

Props on heaviness. Other than that, (In my own personnal opinion), I find your songs a bit redundant. And, for the singer, I don't think that he's "bad" but the mixing certainly doesn't help him. He sounds like he's in another room, screaming. I don't like his voice all too much neither.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The music at the beginning had me bouncing in my seat due to its heavy groove feeling. But the singer does come off as really dry and uninspired from what I've heard so far. Kind of brings down the intensity of the music.

e: Actually, the beginning of the first track before the vocals kicked in was the only part I could actually get into. The rest of all the songs are just too slow-paced for me. Keep making music with Open Fire!

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 6, 2009

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

ShoogaSlim posted:

The music at the beginning had me bouncing in my seat due to its heavy groove feeling. But the singer does come off as really dry and uninspired from what I've heard so far. Kind of brings down the intensity of the music.

e: Actually, the beginning of the first track before the vocals kicked in was the only part I could actually get into. The rest of all the songs are just too slow-paced for me. Keep making music with Open Fire!

We start tracking our next full length soon ;)

Clean Cup
Mar 4, 2009

Cock Soup posted:

Props on heaviness. Other than that, (In my own personnal opinion), I find your songs a bit redundant. And, for the singer, I don't think that he's "bad" but the mixing certainly doesn't help him. He sounds like he's in another room, screaming. I don't like his voice all too much neither.

I agree, the mixing isn't great, and the technical skill of the lead singer just isn't there. I think if you were to mix it up with a new singer or maybe if he tried to change it up a bit you guys would be right on the mark.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

Clean Cup posted:

I agree, the mixing isn't great, and the technical skill of the lead singer just isn't there. I think if you were to mix it up with a new singer or maybe if he tried to change it up a bit you guys would be right on the mark.

We did the recordings for free so we weren't expecting much. First songs we've written still working everything out. We played a battle of the bands last night as a joke and ended up winning it. $1000 and 30 hours in a studio.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mazel Tov posted:

We start tracking our next full length soon ;)

Good, when you playing NYC?

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

ShoogaSlim posted:

Good, when you playing NYC?

I know i'll be there with Oblivion next spring, not sure when Open Fire is going to tour again yet.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://www.theprp.com/2009/12/06/news/live-footage-of-new-the-dillinger-escape-plan-track-available/ one of the new Dillinger songs that they're playing on the current tour

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Mazel: I'll keep an eye open. I'd check it out anyway.

TheQat: The singer of DEP is loving jacked. Too bad I don't really enjoy anything from them since Calculating Infinity.

There's an interview with Keith from Every Time I Die over at Lambgoat: http://lambgoat.com/features/interviews/every_time_i_die3.aspx

MetaKaiser
Jun 3, 2006
It's evolution, baby
Miss May I and iwrestledabearonce played tonight in my city with Of Machines, Inhale Exhale and some other randoms. Everyone sucked except Miss May I and IWABO (which was surprising because Of Machines is pretty good on their albums), even though the singer for the IWABO couldn't make it because her tonsils were inflamed or something.

They let people from the audience come up and sing their songs, it was intense. I got the mic for Tastes Like Kevin Bacon, but I guess some other dude up there had called it before I went up, so I had to hand it over. I felt like an rear end, but I got to scream the breakdown at the end and then I dove into all my friends who were telling me to jump.

Minus feeling like I got punked down in front of my peers (the guy who screamed instead of me sucked), it was pretty loving sick.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
Hahah, that sounds pretty cool. So it wasn't awkward having a missing vocalist for IWABO?

MetaKaiser
Jun 3, 2006
It's evolution, baby

the Bunt posted:

Hahah, that sounds pretty cool. So it wasn't awkward having a missing vocalist for IWABO?

Surprisingly, it worked out pretty well. The kids that got up there to sing were going in pairs and during one or two songs they either did too much or didn't do enough (they'd be screaming over one another and just going way too long or walking around doing nothing). Most people didn't even know their songs, but what they were coming up with was pretty slammin considering it was on the spot. It was interesting to see different approaches to the vocal patterns people have with the same music.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Anyone heard of Serapis? Small band from Tennessee I believe, broke up a while back after only making one CD. Was a bitch to track down but I finally was able to get it... of course they're not on youtube or anything so I don't really have a way for you guys to hear how awesome they are. I'd say they're sort of like thrash-core (even if that is like 2 suffixes). If I get bored enough I may try to make a vid for one of their songs and put it on youtube (gotta learn how to make videos though :v:)

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

Traitorous Leopard posted:

If I get bored enough I may try to make a vid for one of their songs and put it on youtube (gotta learn how to make videos though :v:)

Seeing as how this is the only way we'll here them, you should get bored enough.

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007

the Bunt posted:

I can't understand anything she's saying like 99% of the time anyway so I don't think it would really make much difference to have people just go up there and scream. Sounds like it was a cool show. They were really entertaining when I saw them open for August Burns Red and that was my first time hearing any of their music too.

So I've been listening to Day of Mourning by Despised Icon a lot lately. It's pretty solid for the most part. Has anyone been listening to any quality deathcore lately?

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~

TheQat posted:

http://www.theprp.com/2009/12/06/news/live-footage-of-new-the-dillinger-escape-plan-track-available/ one of the new Dillinger songs that they're playing on the current tour

Good poo poo

The only problem is that it's really muddy and loud and kind of hard to make out anything, but then again it's a live recording from a Dillinger show so what do you expect! Though their new album should be excellent

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

Blake Richardson tracking the drums to "Obfuscation". Not my favorite BTBAM song (or even new one) but this is great fun to watch. I really dig Blake's style a lot. He's more about grooves than blast-beats and double bass (though he does those awesomely too) which I like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snGxAUBMZHY&channel=btbamofficial

edit: there's no way that dude is vegan. does anyone know who is and isn't vegan/straight edge in that band?

rgrdgr Karnage
Feb 2, 2006

What the hell is that on the ceiling?

the Bunt posted:

Blake Richardson tracking the drums to "Obfuscation". Not my favorite BTBAM song (or even new one) but this is great fun to watch. I really dig Blake's style a lot. He's more about grooves than blast-beats and double bass (though he does those awesomely too) which I like.

edit: there's no way that dude is vegan. does anyone know who is and isn't vegan/straight edge in that band?

I think Blake might be the only one who isn't vegan/straight edge. They also talk about Dustie "breaking edge" when he was 13 (in jest, of course) but who knows?

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007

the Bunt posted:

I'm not 100% sure but I think everyone except for him is either vegan or vegetarian.

I really like the video he has on Prequel to the Sequel. That song has some sick grooves.

Here's Obfuscation on guitar as well for all the other guitar nerds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud0-uDlszAI

This kid figured it out entirely by ear. Pretty insane.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yesssssss. For some reason it took me months to find this thread and apparently I like "metalcore" even though I don't know what the gently caress it is. A quick wikipedia search shows me names such as Bullet for my Valentine, Atreyu, All that Remains, Killswitch, ect. So I'm in the right place before I say something stupid right?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Blitz7x posted:

Yesssssss. For some reason it took me months to find this thread and apparently I like "metalcore" even though I don't know what the gently caress it is. A quick wikipedia search shows me names such as Bullet for my Valentine, Atreyu, All that Remains, Killswitch, ect. So I'm in the right place before I say something stupid right?

Yes, your in the right place.

Bullet should have a new album coming out soon, atreyu just had one come out. It's "OK", nothing great though.

Killswitch's new album is terrible.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

You're in one section of the right place. Trust me, this thread covers a lot of ground.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

get that mainstream poo poo out of this thread :smug:

MetaKaiser
Jun 3, 2006
It's evolution, baby
I guess this belongs in here as well. Post-hardcore is still hardcore.

How does everyone feel about Four Year Strong? I've been crushing their Rise Or Die Trying album the past few weeks. Probably the catchiest thing I've ever heard. Here's a couple of my favorites:

Abandon Ship or Abandon All Hope - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHKz86shOWo
(Anchor come and drag me down before I take a dive)

Maniac (R.O.D) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62ryw4Yv_TE
(I've always heard that the good die young! There's little time left to prove them wrong)

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Blitz7x posted:

I guess you're in the right place even though all the bands you mention suck balls.

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

I guess you're in the right place even though all the bands you mention suck balls.
You like Winds of Plague.

Let's not go down this road.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
At least Winds of Plague has hints of METAL and hardCORE.

Bullet for my Valentine and Atreyu are more similar to Nickelback and Creed than any metal or hardcore bands. All That Remains is ok and Killswitch used to be awesome but have really gone downhill.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

People that like lovely music telling other people they like lovely music itt.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

That is literally the basis of this thread

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

isn't it always ShoogaSlim?

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

At least Winds of Plague has hints of METAL and hardCORE.

Hahaha, Winds of Plague, hardcore, wow. You're losing more and more credibility bro.

ScottABoy
Mar 15, 2004
I AM A LIAR
BFMV loving SUCK.

edit- oh and anyone who actually likes them are a massive fag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kempy
Dec 15, 2009

ScottABoy posted:

BFMV loving SUCK.

edit- oh and anyone who actually likes them are a massive fag.

I'm a fan of a few of their songs, thanks to it being the background music on some AMV on YouTube or something. It's easy to listen to.

You guys should check out a metalcore band by the name of Alesana. They've released 2 albums so far with a 3rd coming out early next year and I have to say - It's good poo poo. Healthy balance between the girl-esque cries from Shawn Milke and the screams from Dennis.