Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
the evens have that sort of sound too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news

rivals posted:

Are you guys still together? Saw you in Riverside last year but I thought I remembered hearing about you breaking up (Bad Lovers, I mean, Never got a chance to see Restrained and I know you guys broke up :().

we're still together. i was on tour for a while, but im back and we have two shows coming up with Fight Amp that we're real stoked about.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Capitan Dad posted:

the evens have that sort of sound too.

Yeah, since coffee-shop-punk isn't really a genre, folk punk is probably the closest thing for them.

Either way, delightful.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

lifeloveregret posted:

also check out Pianos Become the Teeth from Maryland, the new album kills and they are AMAZING live.

Filial (first song off the new album) is easily the 2009 song of the year for me, its SO GOOD

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Wyld Cannon posted:

Filial (first song off the new album) is easily the 2009 song of the year for me, its SO GOOD

I think "Quit Benefit" and "Pensive" are the best tracks off of Old Pride, but the whole album is amazing. Everything they've recorded is amazing.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

trans fat posted:

I'd like to get into folk punk. It seems like a logical progression from my favorite style of punk, '77\early punk. I already listen to the staples of Defiance, Ohio, This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb, and Andrew Jackson Jihad (kinda). What else is there to be found?

And to the guy looking for anti-police songs, try gently caress Authority by Pennywise.

Mischief Brew, Wingnut Dishwashers Union/Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains, Tom Frampton, older Fake Problems, The Riot Before, Nana Grizol, Saw Wheel.

Edit: poo poo, forgot Rumbleseat. And in that same vein, about half of Chris Wollard's new-ish album is pretty folky.

Angiepants fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 29, 2009

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Wyld Cannon posted:

Yeah, before I listened to the album, I was kind of expecting a run of the mill screamo album influenced by post rock. Just upon listening to "Filial," though, I remembered why I'm such a sucker for that kind of skramz.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
Anyone get the new dangers? Soooooooo good. Although the lyrics are still stupidly bad.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Pantalones! posted:

Anyone get the new dangers? Soooooooo good. Although the lyrics are still stupidly bad.

I'm listening to it for the first time right now, but so far it's better than Anger. Does it have anything comparable to "My Wonder Years Never Got Canceled" though?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Weird, didn't know it was out and I've been listening to Anger all day. Going to have to get it.

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009
I thought I would share my friends new band:

Fell To Low
http://www.myspace.com/felltolow

This is what I would consider one of the best "hardcore" bands around right now. They are releasing a 10" record some time this month. If anyone is interested in seeing them they will be playing Santa Cruz this weekend, Echo Park the weekend after and are opening for Blacklisted at Chain Reaction (Anaheim) in January or February. Enjoy.

*edit, Thanks Man

OjaiYoda fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 9, 2009

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
Before anyone else just tries to blindly copy past that Myspace link it's missing the second l. click here for instant gratification.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
dumb question : does dangers have someone from graf orlock in the lineup?

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news

Pantalones! posted:

dumb question : does dangers have someone from graf orlock in the lineup?

justin from gorlock is in dangers now, and he's on the new record on guitar and backup vocals.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

lifeloveregret posted:

justin from gorlock is in dangers now, and he's on the new record on guitar and backup vocals.

Knew it sounded like him. Thanks.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Yeah, he's been playing with them for at least a year now. Saw Dangers last December in LA and he was already with them (rather than the dude from Set It Straight). Has anyone seen Graf since Kevin left? I haven't bothered at all.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

New Dangers album rules.

Just found out about the new Pygmy Lush/Turboslut split semi-recently and loving it.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Anyone been to Rainfest in Tacoma, Washington? Next years is going to be amazing.

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009

Mazel Tov posted:

Anyone been to Rainfest in Tacoma, Washington? Next years is going to be amazing.
I want to go this year super bad, anyone from the bay want to carpool? (I have no car)

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Raein/Ampere/Furnace tonight. Pretty excited :)

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
My band, Southside Stranglers (http://www.myspace.com/southsidestranglersrva), are playing a few shows up north next week. We will have our debut 7" out on GRAVE MISTAKE/VICIOUS CIRCLE with us.

DEC 15h- Brooklyn, NY @ BUSHWICK MUSIC STUDIOS (55 Waterbury Street, Brooklyn, New York 11206) w/ CRAZY SPIRIT, SUBWAY SADISTS and 1 more tba

DEC 16th- Boston, MA @ Pervert Mansion w/ THE FUS (!!!), MALE NURSES, and VILE BODIES

DEC. 17th- PHILADELPHIA, PA @ JRS BAR (2327 South Croskey Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19145) w/ THE CUSTOMERS (ex- Carbonas, Beat Beat Beat), BITERS, and more

As well as...
DEC.19th- RECORD RELEASE SHOW! RICHMOND, VA @ GALLERY 5 (200 W. Marshall St.) w/SHOOL JERKS, CLOAK DAGGER, GG KING, and THE LADIES

If any of these are in your area you should come out.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
I got to see Eyehategod last night. It was quite an experience. They put on a good show. And it was surprisingly tight for how absolutely obliterated Mike was. Glad I got to see them at least once.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

answersyouseek posted:

SUBWAY SADISTS

Some guy I went to high school with is in this band. Not sure if he with them at the moment since I'm pretty sure he's at college, but their Myspace still lists him as a member.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Evil Vin posted:

Some guy I went to high school with is in this band. Not sure if he with them at the moment since I'm pretty sure he's at college, but their Myspace still lists him as a member.

If you are in the area of any of these shows you should come out. I haven't heard a whole lot of them but I do know it's former member(s) of the Dustheads and they were great live so I have high hopes.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

answersyouseek posted:

If you are in the area of any of these shows you should come out. I haven't heard a whole lot of them but I do know it's former member(s) of the Dustheads and they were great live so I have high hopes.

I gotta see if I can drag my friend with me to Brooklyn then.

edit: Actually got some band practice it looks like.

Evil Vin fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 15, 2009

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

...ANNNDDDDD the Low Threat Profile 7" squeezes into my top records of 2009 at the 11th hour. loving insane powerviolence/fastcore from members of Infest, No Comment and Lack Of Interest. "Recorded before 9/11/01".

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

ChaosNonMusica posted:

...ANNNDDDDD the Low Threat Profile 7" squeezes into my top records of 2009 at the 11th hour. loving insane powerviolence/fastcore from members of Infest, No Comment and Lack Of Interest. "Recorded before 9/11/01".

Just came here to post this. So loving good.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Its so loving good. I wish my record player wasn't a terrible piece of poo poo. Can't wait to hear it better quality.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
gospel january 29th 2010 in brooklyn ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I must find a way to make it to that show.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

The Low Threat Profile 7" makes me sad that I already decided my "powerviolence trifecta of 2009" consists of the new Weekend Nachos, Punch, and Hatred Surge. I guess I have to make it a tetrafecta (what the hell).

Hawkstein
Sep 30, 2006

And if I can't see it's for want of you.

ManifoldCuriosity posted:

Weekend Nachos
Hell yeah dude, these guys rule so much. I love it when bands from my area get noticed.

But anyway, speaking of Chicago area powerviolence, if you like Weekend Nachos you might like Sea of poo poo. Super heavy and dirty. Their demo is available for download off of their myspace, AND they're doing a mini-tour with another great Chicago area pv band Socially Retarded in a few days so if anybody happens to be near Indianapolis, Columbus, or Muskegan heights (michigan), check them out.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

ManifoldCuriosity posted:

The Low Threat Profile 7" makes me sad that I already decided my "powerviolence trifecta of 2009" consists of the new Weekend Nachos, Punch, and Hatred Surge. I guess I have to make it a tetrafecta (what the hell).

I really think the new weekend nachos goes in the Korn category instead of the power violence category...

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Pantalones! posted:

gospel january 29th 2010 in brooklyn ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I must find a way to make it to that show.

ooooooooooh

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Iron Lung posted:

I really think the new weekend nachos goes in the Korn category instead of the power violence category...

I assume you know John Ciudad, because whenever you ask his favorite band he will literally say Korn. Socially Retarded is a pretty fun live band too.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

Iron Lung posted:

played with them in Indianapolis, awesome live band

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What bands are similar to funeral diner?
I lost my goddamn list.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

Iron Lung posted:

I'm not sure if that is some sort of inside joke but I think WN totally blows. Punch sucks too. Hatred Surge, all day every day.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Built for Brutality posted:

I'm not sure if that is some sort of inside joke but I think WN totally blows. Punch sucks too. Hatred Surge, all day every day.

Agreed. I really can't get into WN at all. I dig Punch though, but that's because I <3 frontwomen.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

A5H posted:

What bands are similar to funeral diner?
I lost my goddamn list.
I dont' want to put too fine of a point on it, but all of them? Are you asking for list of melodic screamo bands from the 2000s? pg 99, amprere, orchid, city of caterpillar... there's so many to explore.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

ManoliIsFat posted:

I dont' want to put too fine of a point on it, but all of them? Are you asking for list of melodic screamo bands from the 2000s?

Basically please :buddy: