Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

baberaham lincoln posted:

Agreed. I really can't get into WN at all. I dig Punch though, but that's because I <3 frontwomen.

Is the singer a big fat ginger? I think I saw them a few months ago. They put on a good show but I think her vocals are awful. Reminds me of Voetsek and I really don't like Voetsek either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

A5H posted:

Basically please :buddy:
They way you gotta do it is find what splits your favorite-screamo-band of the moment did, check out the artists on the other side, see the splits they did and the labels they released on. It's been so long, I'm not gonna remember anything but the hugest acts. But I'll look through my stuff tonight, see if I come up with anything better than what I already listed.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

A5H posted:

Basically please :buddy:

Check out who calls so loud, you'll probably love them.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Pantalones! posted:

One of the best bands of their niche I've heard post '05. You can probably guess from their name how they sound in person, so if the opportunity arises don't pass it up.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I don't know if Hydrac reads this thread anymore, but he could run a clinic on that stuff.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
His username is Albear now I think. In any case just read back like 5 pages where someone asked the same question.

Has anyone listened to Contend? It's a few of my friends from Reno, reminds me a bit of Gather. Pretty standard XVX stuff but I think it's pretty good. http://www.myspace.com/contendxvx

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
just use last.fm or what.cd similar artists for funeral diner but off the top of my head I'd say envy and portraits of past sound like them more than any others

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Not an Anthem posted:

I assume you know John Ciudad, because whenever you ask his favorite band he will literally say Korn. Socially Retarded is a pretty fun live band too.

Haha I kinda know him, he's good friends with some of my friends out here. And yeah, he told them he just wanted the new stuff to sound like Korn. It really does. They are a lot of fun live.

Built for Brutality posted:

Is the singer a big fat ginger? I think I saw them a few months ago. They put on a good show but I think her vocals are awful. Reminds me of Voetsek and I really don't like Voetsek either.

Their singer is a tiny man who looks like a 5th grader. But he's like 26. Voetsek played the first show (besides failing to see Discharge 6 years ago) I ever went to :3

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

ManoliIsFat posted:

I don't know if Hydrac reads this thread anymore, but he could run a clinic on that stuff.

I was actually gonna quote your last post to say that was pretty much the best way to find new artists but decided against posting.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

Iron Lung posted:

Their singer is a tiny man who looks like a 5th grader. But he's like 26. Voetsek played the first show (besides failing to see Discharge 6 years ago) I ever went to :3

Then who the gently caress am I thinking of? The band I am talking about is from Baltimore. Regardless, Punch still sucks and so does WN.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Then who the gently caress am I thinking of? The band I am talking about is from Baltimore.

Sick Fix. I have no opinion on them one way or another, but my friend from Baltimore/DC loving hates them.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
Whats everyones beef with Weekend Nachos? I dont get it.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Weekend Nachos: Only the first 7"

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Sick Fix. I have no opinion on them one way or another, but my friend from Baltimore/DC loving hates them.

Sick Fix is actually pretty good. If you're into stuff like coke bust they sound pretty similar. Not surprising for a "NOT IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD" straight edge band.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Whats everyones beef with Weekend Nachos? I dont get it.

I don't have beef, I just don't think they are worth listening to. It bores me to death and the vocals just make me want to listen to spazz. I just don't understand what all the hullabaloo over them is about...

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

Then who the gently caress am I thinking of? The band I am talking about is from Baltimore. Regardless, Punch still sucks and so does WN.

pretty sure it is punch, her name is actually ginger IIRC... she's in good luck and their album from last year is the best ever

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Capitan Dad posted:

pretty sure it is punch, her name is actually ginger IIRC

What? The girl from punch? Her name is most definitely not Ginger. Also Punch is not from Baltimore. I think I misunderstood your quote/response :confused:

EDIT: Also why the Punch hate :(

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Capitan Dad posted:

pretty sure it is punch, her name is actually ginger IIRC... she's in good luck and their album from last year is the best ever

Pretty sure the first half of this is wrong, but the second half is definitely correct. That album was super under the radar and super amazing.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Ah yes that is it. I saw them on tour with Coke Bust a few months back here in San Jose.

and I don't consider thinking a band sucks as "beef"

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I saw DEP tonight and they managed to make Black Bubblegum into a good song. gently caress I love that band.

They seem a lot less standoffish and nicer now too.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Not punk even though I found them on a punk site years ago

Gregor Samsa loving owns jesus christ

Best music to listen to to wind down after a show

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009
Anyone listen to Pissed Jeans?
Are they the best current hc band, or the bestest current hc band?
http://www.myspace.com/pissedjeansband

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Hawkstein posted:

Hell yeah dude, these guys rule so much. I love it when bands from my area get noticed.

But anyway, speaking of Chicago area powerviolence, if you like Weekend Nachos you might like Sea of poo poo. Super heavy and dirty. Their demo is available for download off of their myspace, AND they're doing a mini-tour with another great Chicago area pv band Socially Retarded in a few days so if anybody happens to be near Indianapolis, Columbus, or Muskegan heights (michigan), check them out.

I'll check them out. Thanks man.

OjaiYoda posted:

Their new album is definitely sick, yes. Hope For Men was also great. Iiiiiiiii still got YOUUUU. ICE CREEEEAM.

The Punch and Weekend Nachos hate in this thread is unacceptable.

M. Tenebra
Apr 21, 2007

OjaiYoda posted:

The last time they were in town was on the same date that Converge/Baroness/Genghis Tron were playing. Couldn't pass up the latter, so I missed out.

I want them to come back to Chicago. :(

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Current favourite song: Star loving Hipsters - 3000 Miles Away

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

gerfatty posted:

Pretty sure the first half of this is wrong, but the second half is definitely correct. That album was super under the radar and super amazing.

what band was the good luck girl in then

e: it's One Reason, I don't know how I got those confused

Capitan Dad fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 22, 2009

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

drat...crazy how a handful of crucial records dropped in the last month of 2009:

Low Threat Profile 7"
Lotus Fucker LP (2nd best LP of 2009. Raw punk done right from the USA)
V/A - Yotsuva LP (4 way split of insane Japanese noise crust bands)
Slowmotions/Burning Leather split 7" (Slowmotions deliver the goods as usual. gently caress Burning Leather)
OTAN 2nd 7" (don't have this yet but the first 7" was like a lost 80's HC relic. Every band Teodoro has been in is loving gold)

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Low Threat Profile 7"

I don't normally dig poo poo like this, but this record is loving incredible. So hard.

Rotten Punk
Nov 11, 2009

Competition posted:

Current favourite song: Star loving Hipsters - 3000 Miles Away

Banned from the land is better, if a little short. I'm highly disappointed with the new album though. You can tell it was rushed.

edit: Also, Nico :swoon: I've met her and she's an adorably tiny little chick, funny too.

Rotten Punk fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 24, 2009

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Lotus Fucker LP (2nd best LP of 2009. Raw punk done right from the USA)

OTAN 2nd 7" (don't have this yet but the first 7" was like a lost 80's HC relic. Every band Teodoro has been in is loving gold)

I need to get that first one.

As for OTAN, what does the cover look like? I have one and its great. Got it when Destino Final came through AZ, who are also awesome!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
New albums for 2010 that I'm looking forward to:

New OWTH full-length, and maybe the second comp, The '69 Sound

New Sass Dragons full length (these are both definites, the bands are recording next month)

And maybe a new House Boat full-length, to boot

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

Dickeye posted:

New Sass Dragons full length (these are both definites, the bands are recording next month)

Aw man I love Sass Dragons. Jimmy and Mike are great dudes, I crashed at their house for a few nights back in October. Stoked for the show with Sundowner they're gonna be doing next month... I gotta find a way down there yet.

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

"Maybe this whole internet idea wasn't a good idea."
-Tom Green (June 18th 2006, 3:52AM EST)

Dickeye posted:

I'm really looking forward to the next Dopamines album(the John Walsh 7" too), new Tiltwheel, and Unwelcome Guests full length on Kiss of Death.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
New aerosols 7", I cannot wait to be see and hear their new material (ownership of tour only 12" here i come...)

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
I just preordered the Fall of Efrafa box set for my christmas present and its going to be the happiest day of my life when I get it.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Iron Lung posted:

I need to get that first one.

As for OTAN, what does the cover look like? I have one and its great. Got it when Destino Final came through AZ, who are also awesome!
You can get it on https://www.lavidaesunmus.com or distros

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pantalones! posted:

God drat this is amazing.
Do they only have the one self titled album?

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

A5H posted:

God drat this is amazing.
Do they only have the one self titled album?

They actually have two albums. Both are self titled haha. One is like 10 songs, and the other is a one-sided EP with 4 songs on it. The longer one is way better.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I really love the first track off of the EP, even though it's just a simple synth pattern repeated for a couple of minutes.

Also, "Messy, Isn't It?" is better than "Anger", poo poo rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

The All/Off With their Heads east coast dates have been canceled. Looks like Bill Stevenson has some medical condition. This sucks, I was really excited to see this show.