Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's marginally more than renting a car from a dealer. Hell after fees and poo poo, it's probably cheaper, not to mention faster and easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City17
Dec 3, 2006

:cop: So, how do you think the thief got the keys to your car?

:monocle: Some guy on Craigslist gave me $45 to use it for the day.

:cop: How long ago was that?

:monocle: About 3 weeks ago now, but he should be taking his MiL back to the airport any day now, maybe you can catch him there.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

edit: tables

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Funny the guys that stole his bike came all the way from Spain to do so.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
This is your ticket to Fahv Hunnert Harsepahwer:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/1512973158.html

1968 Buick Skylark 350 manuel
400 hp(500 hp)
4-Speed MANUEL

Click here for the full 921x924 image.

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

MATLAB 1988 posted:

400 hp(500 hp)
4-Speed MANUEL

So a tired 350 with some headers and bolt on shiny things, "500 hp" oh yeah.

If this thing is putting more than 200 to the wheels or 275 to the crank I'd be stunned, 100% stunned. And the grammar and spelling errors are simply a sight to behold, I'm no English major myself but drat.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
anybody want to take a drop on a '72 440 charger with the big work professionally done by MIDAS?

Click here for the full 1261x816 image.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

MATLAB 1988 posted:

4-Speed MANUEL

Does it go "¿qué?" when you miss a shift?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

MrChips posted:

Does it go "¿qué?" when you miss a shift?

No, that's only if you're having trouble finding a gear. If you miss it screams "AY YAI YAI! NO ES BUENO!"

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

MATLAB 1988 posted:

4-Speed MANUEL

This ad is bullshit, I used to hang out with Manuel, and he's only got 2 speeds; MAYBE 3, but his girlfriend computer would have to be on fire or something.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MATLAB 1988 posted:

400 hp(500 hp)
4-Speed MANUEL

I'd pay $5500 for a '68 Skylark, even with all the stupid poo poo he put on it. That's a pretty good deal if the body is straight.

Chasie
Nov 17, 2004

Don't stop believin'
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1481741584.html

This would be more fun than a Chevelle, especially if it actually "will go anywhere you dare to point it," as stated.

Dr Rocksalt
Oct 21, 2004
$350 is not a lot of money. Please tell me I'm a complete idiot. I know it would be like dating a crazy chick with lots of baggage.

Click here for the full 1005x1330 image.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

shoncook posted:

$350 is not a lot of money. Please tell me I'm a complete idiot. I know it would be like dating a crazy chick with lots of baggage.

Well, you are an idiot. But you are only $350 dollars worth of idiot. It would be hard not get $350 worth of fun out of that. Lemons.

Sir Tonk posted:

I'd pay $5500 for a '68 Skylark, even with all the stupid poo poo he put on it. That's a pretty good deal if the body is straight.

Seriously, looks like decent cruiser if the body isn't rust particles holding hands.

I think we are finally starting to see a real crash in the muscle car market. 14 months ago this car would have had an asking price of $17K and people (stupid people) would have paid it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tai-Pan posted:

I think we are finally starting to see a real crash in the muscle car market. 14 months ago this car would have had an asking price of $17K and people (stupid people) would have paid it.

One of my coworkers just purchased a Hemi Cuda in immaculate restored condition for just under $17K. He'd been looking for several years and had been quoted over $30K in the past for one in similar shape. I'll post pictures later if I can get over to his place.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

shoncook posted:

Click here for the full 1005x1330 image.

I had a '72 Dodge Dart which is pretty much the exact same thing and it treated me well. If that's got the slant 6 like mine did it'll run forever. That said, it doesn't sound like that thing is long for this world.

Dr Rocksalt
Oct 21, 2004

Boat posted:

I had a '72 Dodge Dart which is pretty much the exact same thing and it treated me well. If that's got the slant 6 like mine did it'll run forever. That said, it doesn't sound like that thing is long for this world.

I've got a 71 Duster with the slant 6, which I guess is why I'm curious about this V8 car. It just sounds fun, and would probably make for an inexpensive coffin.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Hey if any of ya'll come across my car on Craigslist do me a favor and either call Houston Police (713-884-3131), or PM me the link and I'll handle it.

It was an '81 El Camino with the 305 and the Olds rally wheels. Got a dent in the driver's side fender, but other than that the body is straight. Disappeared last night and definitely wasn't just towed, I've been calling tow yards all day.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 18, 2009

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.
Ouch, man. Good luck tracking that baby down.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
need scooter gas - $195
Date: 2009-12-17, 10:13AM MST
Reply to: sale-6ats9-1514344401@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

call or leave mess. 928 234 9629

http://mohave.craigslist.org/mcy/1514344401.html

also:

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 18, 2009

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

VideoTapir posted:

also:

Turbocharger and 48 inch woofer included I assume?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Someone more in the know tell me how much repairs might be. I hope I'm not crazy for seriously considering this

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

:downs: I AM PARTING OUT MY CAR. I THINK I WILL MAKE A SEPARATE AD FOR EVERY SINGLE PART :downs:

Edit: G6 V6 Radar?
:raise:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Rhyno posted:

One of my coworkers just purchased a Hemi Cuda in immaculate restored condition for just under $17K.

I dont think ive ever seen a Hemi Cuda listed below six figures. Sometimes seven

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

CactusWeasle posted:

I dont think ive ever seen a Hemi Cuda listed below six figures. Sometimes seven

Even some Hemi Cuda replicas are sometimes selling over 100K at auction now.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
It seems like dynacorn could make some insane money on making cuda bodies the way they do with mustang and camaro shells.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

ab0z posted:

It seems like dynacorn could make some insane money on making cuda bodies the way they do with mustang and camaro shells.

Dynacorn posted:

Question: 2005/08/09
WHY DONT YOU DO A CUDA BODY? IT WOULD SELL LIKE HOTCAKES!!!!!

Answer: 2005/11/03
Because it takes millions of dollars for tooling and we almost have to have a guaranteed market. And sorry, Mopar just is not out marketplace. This is not to say that someday we might do some MOPAR, I wouldn't hold my breath however.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
2009 LAMBORGHINI LP640 MURCIELAGO ROADSTER REPLICA - $10000 (STUART, FL)

quote:

YES YOU READ THIS AD CORRECTLY! WHAT YOU SEE HERE IS MY MURCIELAGO LP640 REPLICA THAT I HAVE ALREADY INVESTED $16,220. I HAVE ALL RECEIPTS. I DID NOT SPARE ANY EXPENSES ON MY REPLICA TO GIVE YOU ONE OF THE BEST REPLICAS OUT THERE! I AM ONLY SELLING IT FOR $10,000. OR BEST OFFER! I NEED THE FUNDS TO COMPLETE ANOTHER BUILD OTHERWISE I WOULDNT SELL THIS BABY!VWHAT IT HAS:
1. PROFESSIONALLY STRECTHED FIERO WITH WELDED SUPPORT TUBING FROM FRONT TO BACK!
2. PROFESSIONALLY REBUILT 4.9 V-8 ENGINE!
3. PROFESSIONALLY REBUILT TRANSMISSION WITH A HIGH PERFORMANCE TORQUE CONVERTER! THIS IS NOT A FIERO TRANNY!
4. ALL NEW MOTOR & TRANNY MOUNTS!
5. PROFESSIONALLY INSTALLED & BALANCED ENGINE & TRANNY MOUNTED!
6. NEW MURCIELAGO LP640 FIBERGLASS BODY WITH ALL EXTERIOR & INTERIOR PARTS & PANELS TO COMPLETE YOUR BUILD!
AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE BLACK MURCIELAGO REPLICA IT IS BEAUTIFUL! SERIOUS BUYERS CALL ONLY! NO TRADES NO DREAMERS! 772-812-8588

Click here for the full 900x709 image.

Click here for the full 900x709 image.

Fiero? Check.
Cadillac 4.9? Check.
Car is in Florida but listed in Las Vegas? Check.
IT'S NOT A GODDAMN LAMBORGHINI YOU WORTHLESS SACK OF DOORKNOBS

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/1516789828.html

quote:

Well, just testing waters... wife pushing me to sell it... not a scam (you can see my FL license plate). SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY.

IMPORTANT: If you don't know what this is and what these registered RHD cars are worth, please, go back and search for another one.

this is my JDM RHD (original, imported from Japan) 1993 Toyota Starlet GT factory Turbo EP82, an extremely RARE sight here in the U.S. since it is the only one. STREET LEGAL, registered and titled in Florida under my name! Car is in MINT condition, 76K miles / 122K Kilometers everything works, all the electrics, AC, all maintenance up to date... and it is bone stock from factory, never abused. I even have the original user manual in Japanese. There are LOTS of pics, please wait for them to load.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Click here for the full 799x531 image.

Click here for the full 531x799 image.

Click here for the full 799x531 image.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
When did the laws regarding imports tighten? Wasn't it around then? Or shortly before?

Regardless, if that car was imported much after it was made, it is not legal, no way no how.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
E-mail the guy, ask him for a scan of the title and his registration.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
As I failed to post a screencap before, here is the "AWESOME TUNER PRELUDE"
http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ctd/1519120943.html

Click here for the full 1268x800 image.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
My friend got an R32 Skyline GTR, (Another got an EVO3 in the same method) in through some legal loopholes in Florida's codes.

I have no idea how it works (have no desire for anything JDM), but it was funny as gently caress that said friend with R32 GTR waited around 5 months to get some tie rods in.

Sponge!
Dec 22, 2004

SPORK!

Left Ventricle posted:

E-mail the guy, ask him for a scan of the title and his registration.

The fact it's regged in florida makes me suspicious. We all know they'll register anything with wheels.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

I was going to say something about this, but realized I'm too tired to mock people. I tried middle clicking on the tab (in the picture) to close it.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Octopus Magic posted:

My friend got an R32 Skyline GTR, (Another got an EVO3 in the same method) in through some legal loopholes in Florida's codes.

I have no idea how it works (have no desire for anything JDM), but it was funny as gently caress that said friend with R32 GTR waited around 5 months to get some tie rods in.

It doesn't. It's still not federally legal, and the federal government HAS rounded cars up before.
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/03/nissan-skyline-gt-rs-seized-in-california-over-possible-illegal/

What happened is he got a car past customs...in the same sense that you get drugs past customs...and found a permissive or ignorant DMV to title and register the car.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Anyone looking for an mid-eighties french car? How about Betsy, the Pretty Peugeot?

Click here for the full 1280x866 image.

Gavitron
Sep 11, 2001

One of the downsides of being special is that you feel out of place wherever you go.
Pillbug

VideoTapir posted:

It doesn't. It's still not federally legal, and the federal government HAS rounded cars up before.
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/03/nissan-skyline-gt-rs-seized-in-california-over-possible-illegal/

What happened is he got a car past customs...in the same sense that you get drugs past customs...and found a permissive or ignorant DMV to title and register the car.

Is it really that hosed up to import cars in the states? Up here in canada, (BC, anyway), if you can take it through a safety inspection, you can get it registered - the only caveat is when you are trying to do it with a new car. Even then though, there are loopholes, like getting it re-vin'd as a u-built.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Gavitron posted:

Is it really that hosed up to import cars in the states? Up here in canada, (BC, anyway), if you can take it through a safety inspection, you can get it registered - the only caveat is when you are trying to do it with a new car. Even then though, there are loopholes, like getting it re-vin'd as a u-built.

The only caveat is when you are trying to do it with a car less than 15 years old. It's 25 for the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.

:argh: