Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Well, there will almost certainly be a Rebel or five at his MSF class and he can sit on one and realize that it would probably not fit well.

yeah, not to mention the honda powersports dealer down the street I've been planning on checking out. Thanks for the suggestions guys, though more are certainly welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I just want to throw some bits of wisdom for people buying used bikes who haven't before. This is for Texas:

1. You have to pay a 6.25% tax on whatever the sale amount or fair value amount of the bike is. This seems like total bullshit to me because it's already been taxed, but whatever.

2. Chances are you'll likely be better off getting a bike in good condition rather than getting one in poor condition and fixing it up. Parts are EXPENSIVE (even used ones), and chances are that $1000 piece of poo poo will probably cost more than $500 to fix up to the point that it's the same condition as the bike going for $1500.

3. You have to get the new title within 20 days of purchase or face fines (though they are pretty small). Also annoying because it has to be insured for this if you want to register it at the same time.

4. Really sit and look at the bike before you buy it. It's easy to get excited and jumpy and become distracted and miss crucial problems. If the seller is antsy or has a problem with you spending 20-30 minutes inspecting the vehicle, just move on.

5. To add on to number 2, actually sit down and add up the prices of the parts needing replacement. That poo poo adds up fast.

Again, this is all for Texas, but I imagine there are similarities between all states.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Naa, That's pretty good advice all around. (But I'm a sucker for bikes and have bought sight unseen)

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

The Bramble posted:

I have no riding experience and plan to take the class in the spring and begin riding soon after. These recommendations seem to be for pretty big (power wise) bikes, but I'm not sure that's what I should be riding for my first bike. My idea was to get a used 'beginner' bike like the 250cc Rebel, ride it for a year or so, then move up to something more powerful and long-term.

It doesn't have to be a Honda, though I really like the looks of most of their bikes.

edit: And i should mention my price range for a used bike is ~$3000, or else I won't be riding by the spring!

You've got a good plan there :) Although you'll pay a bit more buying in the spring then buying now, it's well worth it to take the MSF before you buy your bike, it'll give you a far better idea what you like.

Reiterating what others have said, don't be too freaked out by displacement, you should worry more about total power output. The generally accepted limit for a beginner bike is ~50hp, but that can vary depending on bike type and your own personal comfort level. The big low-end torque of v-twins can be either a blessing or a curse to a new rider, depends totally on what you're comfortable with.

I would say look at any of the various twin-cyl Japanese cruisers from the 80s and 90s, between 500cc and 750cc. There's a zillion of them out there (too many to list), but they're all pretty similar and with a few rare exceptions, are all dead-nuts reliable. And even better, because there are SO many of them out there, you can do really well for $2,000, sometimes less.

If you do really want to start on a 250 (which is totally understandable), there's always the Ninja 250. It looks like a sport bike, but the seating position is actually very standard and surprisingly good even for people with silly-long legs.. They're very light and easy to manage, are very reliable with a wealth of spare parts easily available, and depending on where you are in the country, you can usually get a good one for less then $1500. Hell I've seen decent ones around me for $750.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

The Bramble posted:

I have no riding experience and plan to take the class in the spring and begin riding soon after. These recommendations seem to be for pretty big (power wise) bikes, but I'm not sure that's what I should be riding for my first bike. My idea was to get a used 'beginner' bike like the 250cc Rebel, ride it for a year or so, then move up to something more powerful and long-term.

It doesn't have to be a Honda, though I really like the looks of most of their bikes.

edit: And i should mention my price range for a used bike is ~$3000, or else I won't be riding by the spring!

The 800cc Suzuki cruisers are ~50hp and ~550lbs. The 750 Hondas are somewhat smaller but similar, power/weight-wise. It sounds big, but if you're 6'2" and have a hint of self control, you'll be fine. I started on a Suzuki cruiser and it was an excellent bike. The throttle response never surprised me, and it soaked up all my stupid beginner inputs like a champ.

Once you take the MSF, you'll understand why you don't want a Rebel. I don't see how anybody over 6'0" could safely ride one.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

buildmyrigdotcom posted:

2. Chances are you'll likely be better off getting a bike in good condition rather than getting one in poor condition and fixing it up. Parts are EXPENSIVE (even used ones), and chances are that $1000 piece of poo poo will probably cost more than $500 to fix up to the point that it's the same condition as the bike going for $1500.

This is really good advice. You want a bike that even if it's a piece of poo poo mechanically you have something worth fixing up. Otherwise you just have a 1000$ piece of poo poo.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Z3n posted:

This is really good advice. You want a bike that even if it's a piece of poo poo mechanically you have something worth fixing up. Otherwise you just have a 1000$ piece of poo poo.
Seconding this.
I got my '94 R1100RS for $1400, with the plastics up front all smashed up. Cost to replace the broken stuff with dealer-new? $3000, without any labor, on a bike that is worth $4500 unmangled.
I went ahead with the purchase because there are alternatives to dealer-new parts.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
So my dad wants to get his friend's 01' Harley Sportster, I personally don't know a lot about Harley's and my dad says it has a little over 10k miles and it's the 1200CC model, I think the guy is asking 3500$ It's been garaged and supposed to be pretty much mint, his friend's wife got laid off so they need the money, but he owes my dad like 800$ or so so I think we'll end up getting the bike for around 2700$

Well the thing is my dad wants me to loan him some money for the bike somewhere around 1500$, he says I can pretty much ride it whenever even though I have my GS500... he'll probably take it out occassionally, hes just always wanted one and probably more so now that i'm riding.

Should I do it?

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

infraboy posted:

So my dad wants to get his friend's 01' Harley Sportster, I personally don't know a lot about Harley's and my dad says it has a little over 10k miles and it's the 1200CC model, I think the guy is asking 3500$ It's been garaged and supposed to be pretty much mint, his friend's wife got laid off so they need the money, but he owes my dad like 800$ or so so I think we'll end up getting the bike for around 2700$

Well the thing is my dad wants me to loan him some money for the bike somewhere around 1500$, he says I can pretty much ride it whenever even though I have my GS500... he'll probably take it out occassionally, hes just always wanted one and probably more so now that i'm riding.

Should I do it?
Suggested Retail Value $4750
Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $3450
http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail/2001/harley_davidson/xl-sportster-1200/237858

I think it'd be really hard to go wrong for $3500 (including the $800 debt forgiven).
You already know what we're going to say about gearing up Dear Old Dad...*grins*

So, really, it comes down to whether you think your dad is good for the $1500, or whether you're willing to *give* him the $1500. Myself? I *never* loan money to people. I give it to them with no expectation that they'll give it back at any point. Oftentimes, they do give it back, but that's not my expectation, so the friendship isn't hurt on those occasions that it doesn't happen.

Alternately, you could get *both* your names on the title (as InfraboysDad AND Infraboy - so that (barring death) it takes both of you to manage the asset's disposal in the future...meaning you'll *probably* get your $1500 back out when you split the proceeds of the eventual sale...)

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 21, 2009

ohwandernearer
Jul 15, 2009

infraboy posted:

Should I do it?

One of my riding buddies has an '01 1200 cc sportster. He has aftermarket pipes that make it loud as a motherfucker. That aside, he seems to enjoy it quite a bit. It has a good bit of low end grunt and he love to blast out of stoplights. For the money, it sounds like a good deal to me.

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
Is anybody here familiar with biking/scooting/mopedding around the LA area? I need something for commuting and I'm up in the air between a Sachs Madass 125cc or some other kind of supermoto-ish low powered bike. I guess a sports bike would be alright as long as it wasn't too large/powerful. First bike, too. I'm about 5'7" so whatever works for my short stature would be cool too.

Any suggestions would definitely be appreciated!

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

ceebee posted:

Is anybody here familiar with biking/scooting/mopedding around the LA area? I need something for commuting and I'm up in the air between a Sachs Madass 125cc or some other kind of supermoto-ish low powered bike. I guess a sports bike would be alright as long as it wasn't too large/powerful. First bike, too. I'm about 5'7" so whatever works for my short stature would be cool too.

*in before two pages of people suggesting the Ninja 250*

You can buy whatever kind of scooter you want too, but I think Ninja 250s are cheaper.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

redscare posted:

*in before two pages of people suggesting the Ninja 250*

You can buy whatever kind of scooter you want too, but I think Ninja 250s are cheaper.

ninja 250, though when I was in LA on my ninja 250, I could barely keep up with those crazy moped(ers, ists, commaders?) They lane share like madmen.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

ceebee posted:

I think the only worry about a supermoto as a first bike would be seat height. Once you've got a little more experience not being able to flat-foot probably won't be a problem, but as a new rider it will help with confidance. I dunno though, go sit on some supermotos and see if they feel comfortable. If you're able to flat-foot them or at least balance them easily enough on the balls of your feet, go for it.

Also, MSF, gear, etc.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Height can be an issue if you can't flat foot it... advantages are numerous though...

- Cheap to crash. Practically indestructible.
- Fantastic turning radius. Like, figure 8's in parking spaces.
- Lightweight. Hard to drop, easy to pick up, tons of confidence.
- Suspension allows you to get away with anything. Accidentally hit a huge pot hole? No sweat. Accidentally drive straight over a round-about? No problem.

But really I'd say the biggest argument for starting on a supermoto is fun. A Ninja 250 is a great starter bike, but a DRZ-400 is instant and forever love. Supermoto's are a hilarious blast of constant fun. I wish I would have started on one rather than an SV.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

What is the power like between the DRZ400 and a KLR650? The HP figures look about the same, I think, but is the gearing terribly different? The KLR isn't slow, but it isn't anything near what I would have guessed a DRZ400 is like from everything I've heard.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

buildmyrigdotcom posted:

What is the power like between the DRZ400 and a KLR650? The HP figures look about the same, I think, but is the gearing terribly different? The KLR isn't slow, but it isn't anything near what I would have guessed a DRZ400 is like from everything I've heard.

DRZ's are far from being rocket ships. Anything below about 50 miles an hour they are very snappy and are happy as a clam. At about 50 power starts to trail off a bit, but still comfortable up to about 65 where you notice the top end starting to wane and you start to run out of gearing.

I've never ridden a KLR but around town actual speed would seem to have very little too do with it.

There are rides I'll go on with my DRZ and my KTM 690, both supermotos, where the DRZ is distinctly faster. Mainly where the road is super super tight where the DRZ is very comfortable going 5-40 MPH. The KTM at those speeds has too much power and torque and you have to baby it a bit.

So basically, around town it'll come down more to size, ergonomics and the confidence of the DRZ over the KLR. I have no doubt that the KLR is the faster bike if you were taking off from a stop and heading up to freeway speed, but on a twisty road or back alley, the KLR is going to be very much in your way if your following on a DRZ.

Methusulah
Aug 2, 2007

Son of a Bitch!
http://springfieldil.craigslist.org/mcy/1516203581.html

Thinking of trying to pick this up tomorrow, or next week, if he still has it by then. Anything about an '83 seca that would make me hate myself? If it starts like he says it does would it just be carbs? Anything quirky about the model? Couldn't go wrong for $350 right?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Methusulah posted:

http://springfieldil.craigslist.org/mcy/1516203581.html

Thinking of trying to pick this up tomorrow, or next week, if he still has it by then. Anything about an '83 seca that would make me hate myself? If it starts like he says it does would it just be carbs? Anything quirky about the model? Couldn't go wrong for $350 right?

Could very well be carbs. I'd be wary of "just needs carbs cleaned" normally, but he did all the right stuff. Put a new battery in it, got it running. If it starts and runs, that's like half the battle. For that price, you'd be a fool to not jump on it, assuming you understand that it potentially needs lots of wrenching. It could also be that you seafoam the bitch and laugh yourself silly.

Do it.

Methusulah
Aug 2, 2007

Son of a Bitch!

Doctor Zero posted:

Could very well be carbs. I'd be wary of "just needs carbs cleaned" normally, but he did all the right stuff. Put a new battery in it, got it running. If it starts and runs, that's like half the battle. For that price, you'd be a fool to not jump on it, assuming you understand that it potentially needs lots of wrenching. It could also be that you seafoam the bitch and laugh yourself silly.

Do it.

drat him not having a phone number posted! If I can get a prompt email I might be able to get it tomorrow night. If not, I'd have to wait till after christmas and by then it'd probably be too late.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
Yes, it's an early 80's yamah. They have really bad electrical systems. Like hilariously bad. First, they have complex charging systems. (thankfully they're cheap-ish to fix) they have fuseboxes that seem designed to self destruct. If I could meet the executitive or engineer who designed those, I'd kick them in the balls. Finally, they're not known for handling.

$350 is on the cusp of what I'd pay for that, if I went and saw it and went "this is to nice, I couldn't NOT pick it up"

Given the year, I could walk, and not think twice about it.

Edit: and I just took a closer look. I would not buy it for $350. $200 maybe. There is just to much wrong with it.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

infraboy posted:

Should I do it?

Not to be a dick about it or anything, but low blue book is 3500$, and considering the economy and that the dude has to sell the bike, you should be able to get it for less than that.

But I'm the jerk who doesn't buy bikes unless they're absurd deals, because it's a buyers market right now and there's so many options there's no reason to go for anything but a great deal.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
I truly do not need this but

"Ducati 1999 - $2500 (Anchorage)

1999 Ducati 900 SS with only 7600 miles new tires major tune-up minor body damage fell over hit curb. Asking 2500.00 call 907-250-4400"

I am yet sorely tempted.

I'd want to get rid of one of my other bikes as that would make the stable a bit silly. Probably the Fizzy, but maybe the GS. Or I could just hope that someone else grabs this before I do.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I dunno, I just bought a Ducati and, well, I highly recommend it.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
^^^And yours is a big step up from a older SS, let's be honest!^^^

I owned one for a bit, it was an interesting bike. I'll state for the record that a Ducati is the best sounding bike on the planet. Feel free to discuss this assertion but unless you are agreeing with me, you are wrong.

I'm tempted for the price to buy it, and see if I can find some ST2 plastics/handlebars, etc. I love the Ducati soumd and riding experience but I don't dig the SS riding postion.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I've always had a soft spot for the 900 SS, it's a really cool looking bike. I normally scoff at the square old school headlight style but I think it pulls it off with a lot of class. Plus, you are absolutely right about the sound factor, and the 900 SS sounds as amazing as you'd expect.

I met a local who's owned 4 of them, sells them off after a season or two then rescues and fixes up another neglected one. Swears up and down about their build quality. I say go for it.

Edit: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=1558

Go there to get yourself worked up.

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 22, 2009

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

buildmyrig.com posted:

I was looking at DRZ400's too, from what people say it's a much nicer bike in the dirt than the KLR (which is by most accounts the worst of the dual sports in that respect), but the KLR kills it on the highway.

Anyone have any experience with one of those Zongshen 200cc enduro's? First off, I know it's a Chinese bike. I'm kind of tempted given how cheap they are, and the fact I'm hoping to relocate to China next year and would probably end up buying one over there, local regulations permitting. Would be nice to already have familiarized myself with the bike, and while it would keep me from doing any serious trips here in the States, it'd be fine for farting around town and finding some trails.

I've googled it and people are surprisingly positive about the bike, Zongshen is apparently the best Chinese bike manufacturer. There's one not too far from me for $500 OBO with 1600kms on the clock and an extra set of plastics, I've seen other used ones come up every so often. New I think their MSRP is like $1300, I was reading a ride report on ADV Rider of a couple guys on brand new Zongshens in China that seemed to make out okay.

Methusulah
Aug 2, 2007

Son of a Bitch!

Z3n posted:

Not to be a dick about it or anything, but low blue book is 3500$, and considering the economy and that the dude has to sell the bike, you should be able to get it for less than that.

But I'm the jerk who doesn't buy bikes unless they're absurd deals, because it's a buyers market right now and there's so many options there's no reason to go for anything but a great deal.

I'm passing through Springfield this Wednesday on my way home for Christmas. I can take a look at it then, if it seems good to go, I can low-ball him and go from there. If it works out, bill of sale and signing over the title and we're good to go. Tell me it's not a bad idea to leave it there until I could pick it up next week, right? I want to give people the benefit of the doubt but...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Methusulah posted:

I'm passing through Springfield this Wednesday on my way home for Christmas. I can take a look at it then, if it seems good to go, I can low-ball him and go from there. If it works out, bill of sale and signing over the title and we're good to go. Tell me it's not a bad idea to leave it there until I could pick it up next week, right? I want to give people the benefit of the doubt but...

Sounds good to me. I don't think it'd be an issue to leave it there, just call your insurance and get it added immediately. I hate riding bikes that I even have up for sale, though, so I know that I wouldn't want to touch the drat thing once it was sold. Other people may be different though...

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
This is what started the sickness

This was somebodys unfinished cafe project. I think they were going for the Imola look. As neat as it was, in the pictured incarnation it was unridable for any distance, even at speed where the wind is supposed to pick you up, no help.
Those pipes were nothing but stainless steel cones. They were profoundly loud. Car alarm setting off loud. And oh how they sang that Ducati song. There's a certain RPM where the Ducati makes that wonderful guttaral harmony and those pipes were awesome and horrible and made that harmony like I have never heard another bike sing.

I tried it without the fairing

I thought it looked better as a streetfighter but it was still a torturous bitch to ride. So I spent some time on ebay and in the shop and came up with

This was with a Monster upper triple. The Monster upper triple doesn't quite fit, I had to open the steering head hole up a bit, which caused some other issues. I did make it work safely and effectively. The fairing was fiberglass, I made a mold from the original fairing and used that to make the smaller fairing. The bars were a superbike bend IIRC. This bike was comfortably ridable and still Ducati sharp. Just one more item to change-the seat.

That is a seat from a Buell Ulysses, quite possibly the most comfortable stock seat ever.

And having seen this, I think I have a call to make.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

buildmyrigdotcom posted:

Depending on what you want to do the KLR may still be a better bike. Here's the deal, there really isn't much 'Dual Sporting' roads close to DFW. The grasslands has some caliche roads, and there's a few water crossings near Glen Rose, but not much else of much interest anywhere close. That being said you're going to be going for quite a ways on FM roads/superslab if you want to use a dual sport like a dual sport. If you don't mind riding on MX tracks/trails and such there's a few locally, and I'd imagine the DRZ would be quite a bit nicer then the KLR on those. Other then that though you'd better be sure you're really comfortable on a DRZ before buying one.

(I've heard amazing things about http://www.redrivermotorcycletrails.com/ once I get crash bars on the TransAlp and get a few other things sorted, I'll be heading up there)

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Gnomad posted:

This is what started the sickness

the Ducati makes that wonderful guttaral harmony and those pipes were awesome and horrible and made that harmony like I have never heard another bike sing.

I've decided my Streetfighter is a 4 piece band.

You have the dry clutch whining and clattering, the pipes laying the bass track, the desmo valves clacking, and at 6,500 RPM the timing belt starts it's high pitched song.

It's a glorious experience. I've got the sickness bad.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I feel like "Excellent Cafe Project" is the motorbike analogy to the bicycle's "Cheap Fixie Conversion" on craigslist.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A shop in Baltimore is advertising a new 2009 Bonneville for $5600. I'd look for used but the only one within 100 miles of me is asking $5400, so it seems like a deal. How's the FI on them and are the tires tubeless now?

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
BTW, a heads up for anyone in So-Cal looking for a project, there's a guy on ADV Rider giving away an '85 non-running VF500 for a case of beer.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

blugu64 posted:

Depending on what you want to do the KLR may still be a better bike. Here's the deal, there really isn't much 'Dual Sporting' roads close to DFW. The grasslands has some caliche roads, and there's a few water crossings near Glen Rose, but not much else of much interest anywhere close. That being said you're going to be going for quite a ways on FM roads/superslab if you want to use a dual sport like a dual sport. If you don't mind riding on MX tracks/trails and such there's a few locally, and I'd imagine the DRZ would be quite a bit nicer then the KLR on those. Other then that though you'd better be sure you're really comfortable on a DRZ before buying one.

(I've heard amazing things about http://www.redrivermotorcycletrails.com/ once I get crash bars on the TransAlp and get a few other things sorted, I'll be heading up there)

I wasn't really considering getting a DRZ, it was mostly curiosity.

Also, I'm going to check this out as soon as I get some new tires:
http://offroaddatabase.com/index.php/Roanoke_Offroad_Vehicle_Park

Looks like a lot of fun and is only 40 minutes away.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
I'm a bit too easily amused sometimes, I think.

Offroad database entry for Roanoke Offroad Vehicle Park posted:

"Located just outside of Roanoke, Texas"
Jeeps: Allowed
ATV's/UTV's: Allowed
Motorcycles: Allowed
Snowmobiles: Not Allowed
No, really, I'd never have guessed that. Or thought that anyone would have thought to bring a snowmobile in the first place, really.

Methusulah
Aug 2, 2007

Son of a Bitch!

Z3n posted:

Sounds good to me. I don't think it'd be an issue to leave it there, just call your insurance and get it added immediately. I hate riding bikes that I even have up for sale, though, so I know that I wouldn't want to touch the drat thing once it was sold. Other people may be different though...

I just called him, and he actually owns a bike shop and parts out the stuff he gets. If he gets something like this he tries to sell it whole. It was an older guys' project bike but he got rid of it to focus on an old Mustang. It starts haphazardly, or when you spray starter fluid in it. Hopefully I can talk him down to 200. I'm willing to go to 250. He also said he doesn't have an airfilter for the bike.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/1518998180.html

I think I'm in love. I just wish I weren't so fickle about bikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Pompous Rhombus posted:

BTW, a heads up for anyone in So-Cal looking for a project, there's a guy on ADV Rider giving away an '85 non-running VF500 for a case of beer.

Jesus Christ. :negative: People in this area would ask $2000 for that "FIRM." I wish I was closer.

:smithicide: