Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If you are shooting parts off of walls, that is a secret place. Keep shooting it.
The flare gun is rather nice to have in dark areas and has unlimited flares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

I bought a PS3 tonight with holiday money and grabbed two games, Valkyria Chronicles and Folklore. Anything I should know about those two?

mystery at hog island
Aug 16, 2003
Captain of Outer Space

Mikan posted:

I bought a PS3 tonight with holiday money and grabbed two games, Valkyria Chronicles and Folklore. Anything I should know about those two?

I also just got Valkyria Chronicles and I'm about 6 or 7 hours in. So far the game has been extremely intuitive and it does a good job of introducing new gameplay elements at a steady pace.

At first I was intimidated by the idea of permanently losing a character, but if anything it's made me remember to save every phase. And 9/10 times I'm able to sneak another character in to call a medic. Scouts are perfect for this and for hit and runs. They have enough action points to sneak in, do an attack, and get safely away.

All in all, if you just take your time and pay attention to the environment and your character's remaining action points, you should be able to develop a strategy that works for you.

And don't forget that your tank can take out certain walls. It's not always mandatory to do it that way, but it makes an early mission go from tedious and long to short and sweet.

The DLC is on sale this week too. I just grabbed all 3 DLC packs for 9 bucks total.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mikan posted:

Valkyria Chronicles

The level scores are entirely based on turn number. Kill the enemies with stars next to their info cards at first, as that lowers the number of action points the computer gets. Likewise, always use Rosie, that..uh..Lancer guy, as they give you stars.

There was other suggestions earlier in the thread, so if you have search hunt them down. Be prepared for anything, because later levels seem designed to screw you over halfway through a LOT.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!
Bought X3: Terran Conflict a while ago and have pretty much no idea what I should be doing. I know there's a huge amount to learn about this game, but a few beginners tips would be appreciated!

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

mystery at hog island posted:

The DLC is on sale this week too. I just grabbed all 3 DLC packs for 9 bucks total.

Thanks for the heads up on this, I went ahead and bought it all. Valkyria Chronicles was a large part of the reason why I wanted a PS3 in the first place so I doubt I'll regret it..
I also ended up buying the Folklore DLC and I hope I didn't make a mistake :ohdear: I couldn't pass up outfits and side quests.

graventy posted:

There was other suggestions earlier in the thread, so if you have search hunt them down.

I'll check 'em out.

WaffleSlappy
Feb 6, 2008
Any tips for Black and White (2) or Monster Rancher?

WaffleSlappy fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 27, 2009

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Anyone got any advice for Ace Combat 6? I haven't played one of these since 2 on the Playstation.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Well, darn. Your Wiki has died.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Bloodly posted:

Well, darn. Your Wiki has died.

That's why I set up a new one in his stead.

http://www.centipeed.com/wsik

Only a couple of pages from the thread have been uploaded though, with the help of One Year Later.

I need more help.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I just started playing Mass Effect. Got to the point where I command the ship. I'm playing as an Infiltrator, but I recently heard that hybrid classes are worse than pure classes. I wouldn't really mind starting over again, but gently caress if I'm going to go through all that dialogue again (har har). Is it worth it to play as a hybrid class? I don't know if I feel like shooting a pistol the whole time without all the tech benefits.

FortCastle
Apr 24, 2009
Sorry if it's been posted but requesting Dragon Age: Origins, just finished the Dwarf Noble's origin story.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Centipeed posted:

Only a couple of pages from the thread have been uploaded though, with the help of One Year Later.

I need more help.

Just wanted to say thanks, because I always forget the order to do the planets for Mass Effect :downs:

Dig Site, F-place, N-place... got it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

SinetheGuy posted:

I just started playing Mass Effect. Got to the point where I command the ship. I'm playing as an Infiltrator, but I recently heard that hybrid classes are worse than pure classes. I wouldn't really mind starting over again, but gently caress if I'm going to go through all that dialogue again (har har). Is it worth it to play as a hybrid class? I don't know if I feel like shooting a pistol the whole time without all the tech benefits.

The hybrid classes are powerhouses, so are the pure ones. Only the soldier is a bit bland by the endgame.

Infiltrator is fun, just get that sniping skill up.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

FortCastle posted:

Sorry if it's been posted but requesting Dragon Age: Origins, just finished the Dwarf Noble's origin story.

Without spoiling anything:

-The Dalish Elves are the worst branch of the Main Quest, save it for last. It's also good to save it so you're a high enough level to get a great set of armor for your tank from a quest there.

-Do Redcliffe first. It's not particularly difficult.

-Save often. Also, keep in mind that any Specializations you unlock are unlocked for every game you start. You can buy a manual for a specialization from a store or unlock it from a quest, then reload a save and save your money or get a different reward respectively.

-Your companions respond best to certain types of gifts, this is reflected in their codex entries. It's in your best interests to make them happy. They will reward you with special sidequests and skills they'll learn.

-Certain items will unlock sidequests or dialogue with a companion. Luckily, your other companions will refuse these items. You can figure out items to look for from conversations with them.

-DO NOT raise your rating with Leliana too fast without talking to her a lot and progressing the main story. There is a bug that will lock you out of her sidequest and conversations.

-Certain events may cost you companions depending on what you do and your rating with them, even if they're not in your active party. Dogs will always be your best friend.

-As with any BioWare RPG, it is possible to talk yourself out of almost any encounter, usually with zero consequence and better rewards.

-There is no Good or Evil, only what the companions you keep in your active party think of you.

EDIT: Shapeshifter is a useless Specialization. Spirit Hearler and Arcane Warrior are the best mage Specializations. The latter is about keeping up Sustained Spells that basically make you a walking fortress.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 27, 2009

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

SpazmasterX posted:

-As with any BioWare RPG, it is possible to talk yourself out of almost any encounter, usually with zero consequence and better rewards.

The rest of the advice is pretty sound, but this one is pretty untrue. There are some encounters you can talk your way through rather than fight, but most of the common mobs you meet will always fight you, and most of the bosses or final encounters have to be fought through, even though speech choices might affect them some.

Also, I really don't think the Dalish Elves quest was bad at all. I'd still recommend going there after you've gained some levels, though. There are some optional fights that would be overly difficult if you went there right away. I'd recommend starting with the Mages Circle, since you can gain a lot of bonus stats there.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Phenotype posted:

The rest of the advice is pretty sound, but this one is pretty untrue. There are some encounters you can talk your way through rather than fight, but most of the common mobs you meet will always fight you, and most of the bosses or final encounters have to be fought through, even though speech choices might affect them some.

Sorry, I should've been clearer what I meant by "encounters." Obviously you can't talk your way out of fighting that bear in the woods.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I have MGS Portable Ops on the way from Amazon. Assuming I'm fluent with MGS games (especially Snake Eater) what do I need to know about this specific game?

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.

Dr Snofeld posted:

I have MGS Portable Ops on the way from Amazon. Assuming I'm fluent with MGS games (especially Snake Eater) what do I need to know about this specific game?
A lot of the gameplay carries over, but a lot of the GUI doesn't. The mini-map is probably the biggest difference between the two games, and it took me the most getting used to. Expect Portable Ops to drag a bit; the RPG aspects and the other characters being largely less fun to play as than Snake slow the game down a lot.

UtilityPole
Sep 15, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

Mr Bike posted:

I just picked up GTA: Chinatown Wars for the DS. What should I know about this game?

I also just found of that the L button on my DS is broken. Will I still be able to play the game? I noticed it's used for positioning the camera behind you, but is it used for anything else?
You can earn a lot of money drug-dealing! lots of money means lots of weapons from the online store, and also means you can buy safehouses in every corner of the city.

Also, many cars (the faster ones) let you peel out by pressing Y+B until your tires start smoking, then release Y. Good for getting away from cops.

And you'll be fine without the L button. I actually had to think twice about what it's function actually was...

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable
I just picked up Dead Space on steam for :10bux:, anything I need to know before starting/tips to maximise my enjoyment of the game?

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Holistic Detective posted:

I just picked up Dead Space on steam for :10bux:, anything I need to know before starting/tips to maximise my enjoyment of the game?

I've heard several times that the game is almost unplayable on the pc unless you turn on/off a certain option. Hardware cursor possibly, I'm sure someone else can chime in.

As for the game itself:

For the most part, you get ammo based on what you have with you. It's a good idea to limit yourself to 2 weapons instead of carrying around an arsenal. The plasma cutter is the first weapon you get and one of the best weapons in the game. I used the plasma cutter and the force gun and it worked well throughout the entire game.

I'd steer clear of the ripper and the flamethrower the first time through. They look cool, but aren't as easy to use effectively as some of the other guns.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Jolo posted:

I've heard several times that the game is almost unplayable on the pc unless you turn on/off a certain option. Hardware cursor possibly, I'm sure someone else can chime in.

I believe it's vertical sync?

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

Centipeed posted:

I need more help.

I can help! Just PM me or something and give me the details, I'm on break and not doing anything. :)

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Anything I should know for Haunting Ground?

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Rollersnake posted:

Please tell me if there are any dead ends (parts where you can lock yourself out of winning and not know it) in the following adventure games: Sanitarium, Personal Nightmare, all of the Tex Murphy games

No clue about Personal Nightmare.

Not possible in Sanitarium.

I do think it's possible in some of the Tex Murphy games, especially the earlier ones.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Just started playing 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand and Assassin's Creed 1 (both on the 360 to the extent that matters)

In 50 Cent, is there some way to pick which counter-kill you do, or is it random? I bought a new one from the phone, but 20 counter-kills later, I'm pretty sure I still haven't done my new one. More generally, any particular weapons (or taunt packages) that are worth saving up for early on? The games seems pretty easy on Normal, so maybe it doesn't really matter.

For AC1, any general advice? I'm mainly interested in playing through the game before I start up AC2, so I'm not interested in tracking down all the achievements. Is there any particular reason to press a button during the cutscenes when that weird static shows up? Also, is the game autosaving all the time, or do I need to do something specific to save progress when I have to quit in the middle of a section (or memory, or whatever it's called)?

vvv-- Thanks. Is your picture from Gunnerkrigg? If so, nice.

McCoy Pauley fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 29, 2009

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

McCoy Pauley posted:

For AC1, any general advice? I'm mainly interested in playing through the game before I start up AC2, so I'm not interested in tracking down all the achievements. Is there any particular reason to press a button during the cutscenes when that weird static shows up? Also, is the game autosaving all the time, or do I need to do something specific to save progress when I have to quit in the middle of a section (or memory, or whatever it's called)?

There's no reason other then an achievement or to see a different angle of the scene. The game does autosave a lot and it should tell you the game is saving when it happens. Generally if you get a collectible item, climb one of the locations, or save someone from the guards the game will autosave.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Anything for Blue Dragon or Shadow Complex?

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama
Shadow Complex is pretty straightforward. Use your flashlight a lot to find destructible objects and secret passages. Don't be afraid to use your subweapons (when you get them) against enemies because you'll find plenty of ammo refills in save rooms. Melee enemies and get kills quickly without taking damage to build up your exp multiplier, which will let you gain levels faster. Follow the straight line when you want to get to your next objective, but don't be afraid to explore.

A few more specific tidbits:

- There are two item pickups that will not appear on your mini-map. One of them is in the room where you get the item that lets you breath underwater. Jump in the water on the right side of the room to get it. The other is in a save room with a destructible floor. Don't miss these or you will go crazy later when you're trying to figure out what you missed.

- At level 20 your minimap will show all uncollected pickups (except the two referred to above) with a question mark. This is great for helping you get 100% item collection.

- Get all 12 passkeys to unlock the game's best upgrade, an item that makes you invincible while you're standing still. This makes the final boss trivial.

- Massive sequence-breaking is possible (and even encouraged) for speedruns. Beat the game normally first.

- If you want to do speedruns or sequence-breaking you should get all 12 gold bars in your first playthrough. This will unlock a room right at the beginning of the game that will let you choose any main weapon you want.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Draile posted:

Shadow Complex is pretty straightforward. Use your flashlight a lot to find destructible objects and secret passages. Don't be afraid to use your subweapons (when you get them) against enemies because you'll find plenty of ammo refills in save rooms. Melee enemies and get kills quickly without taking damage to build up your exp multiplier, which will let you gain levels faster. Follow the straight line when you want to get to your next objective, but don't be afraid to explore.

A few more specific tidbits:

- There are two item pickups that will not appear on your mini-map. One of them is in the room where you get the item that lets you breath underwater. Jump in the water on the right side of the room to get it. The other is in a save room with a destructible floor. Don't miss these or you will go crazy later when you're trying to figure out what you missed.

- At level 20 your minimap will show all uncollected pickups (except the two referred to above) with a question mark. This is great for helping you get 100% item collection.

- Get all 12 passkeys to unlock the game's best upgrade, an item that makes you invincible while you're standing still. This makes the final boss trivial.

- Massive sequence-breaking is possible (and even encouraged) for speedruns. Beat the game normally first.

- If you want to do speedruns or sequence-breaking you should get all 12 gold bars in your first playthrough. This will unlock a room right at the beginning of the game that will let you choose any main weapon you want.

Cool, looks like I've got a great Metroidvania game to look forward to when I get back to my Xbox at home tomorrow.

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

:poland: :poland: :poland:
Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

:poland: :poland: :poland:
It's probably been stated before, but I don't have search nor the patience to go through 77 pages, but...

I just restarted Final Fantasy VII. Correction, I just started FFVII (We rented it once from Blockbuster when it first came out, my brother screwed up the plot somehow and disc 4 broke at Omega Weapon, and I personally never got to play past escaping Midgar).

I'm currently at the Don Corneo mission. What should I know about playing the game? I grew up with FFVIII, and am much more comfortable with the Junction system than with Materia; is it worth spending money on new materia when I find it in stores, or is it better to try and find it out in the world?

Also, just how does materia work? If I put materia in armour, is it like Junctioning in FFVIII in that I gain a resistance to that materia's element? Is it worth specializing each party member with different types of magic, as in one guy has fire and bolt, one guy has ice and water, one guy has healing and buffs? Or is it better to spread out materia so everyone has access to a few basic essential spells?

Also, is it worth buying every new weapon and armour upgrade? I've already spent several thousand gil upgrading everyone from Bronze to Iron to Titan to Mythril bangles; should I just save my gil and see what the world gives me?

Pat Fav
Mar 25, 2006

Get in the stovepipe.

Easty posted:

Any tips for Sid Meier's Pirates!?

- 100% completion (as per your Personal Status page or Fame Points) on Adventurer or Rogue difficulty is reasonably attainable. If this is your goal you should put priority on tracking down Montalban as your duel with him is the most difficult duel in the game and can be practically impossible if you're old and slow. There are also other advantages to getting revenge on Montalban early which I will mention later.

- It's more profitable to spend your time working on goals like treasure maps, lost cities and other goals listed on your personal status than it is to do things like trading or hunting and selling ships and cargo. However these things can be fun to do anyway, and hunting can also be a fun and profitable way to earn promotions. Aside from your Wealth Points, which will be accumulated naturally from the rewards of 100% completion, there really isn't much use for massive amounts of money except to keep your crew happy longer.

- If you can track him down, Henry Morgan has a fully upgraded Large Frigate that can serve as an excellent flagship for an entire game. With exceptions for personal tastes and niche strategies, Frigates and Brigs make the best all-around flagships as they combine powerful guns and enough troop capacity to assault major ports with enough speed and manueverability to get around at a decent pace. The "Ship of the Line", which is the largest and most powerful frigate, is commonly agreed to be the best ship in the game, and naturally it's an ultra-rare spawn that's barely worth farming due to the super low spawn rate and marginal increase in power over a Large Frigate.

- Before actually attacking a ship, get as close as you can to its right side. That way when you enter the battle map you'l start upwind and have an easier time intercepting.

- If you're trying to get promotions it's often faster to attack cities repeatedly and install friendly governors than it is to simply hunt enemy ships. Or you can do both and sell the ships in the converted ports. Power-rank your character by getting three nations to all be at war with the fourth (I suggest the Spanish) and then go to town on the solo nation and make everyone else love you at once.

- It is NOT worth it to stick with one nation for the entire game unless you're deliberately trying to do some kind of niche runthrough. First of all you need to get the top rank with all the nations for 100% completion. Second it's really easy to do, especially if you use the above tip. Third it's extremely useful to have the benefits of being a Duke with every nation, especially nations which currently despise you. Assault a town, recruit a hundred men from the enemy's tavern after forcing your way in, then reassault with greater numbers to install a governor. Or just sneak into town and let your enemies repair and upgrade your flagship for free.

- Montalban and Raymondo will only travel to Spanish ports. This means that you can make them a lot easier to track down by converting out-of-the-way Spanish ports to other nationalities. St Augustine, Vera Cruz, Villa Hermosa, Campeche, Gibralter and Trinidad are all good candidates for this strategy.

- Learn to dance well! It's actually pretty easy and can save you tons of time tracking down Montalban if you can consistantly impress beautiful Governor's daughters. Use the numpad and time your keypresses to the music. Memorize the patterns as the daughters will reuse the same few over and over. If you can get flourishes on more than three quarters of your steps, you'l be in a good position to impress the girl and get something good, such as an item or a lead on Montalban.

- Another point on dancing and Montalban, compare the time and effort of a single well done dance with a beautiful daughter and then capturing Montalban's ship VS tracking down Raymondo enough times to complete a relative map, then actually sailing to and rescuing the relative. These are the two main ways of getting map pieces for Montalban's hideout. The first way will almost always be much faster, and carries the added bonus that if you leave finding your family for after your revenge on Montalban, your family will instead give you lost city map pieces which you also need for 100% completion and are worth tons of money.

- Divide the plunder as rarely as possible to prolong your life. Beyond costing you most of the gold, all of your ships but one and forcing you to gather a new crew, this also wastes several months of your life. This should never be done lightly and is best left to until your crew is barely willing to tolerate any more, if not already deserting. If you need to thin out your crew you can always attack a city, let them get killed and then retreat before outright defeat.

- Forests are the key to victory when assaulting ports or Montalban's hideout. Pick a starting position that gives you quick control of a line of trees overlooking a field that the enemy AI will march into to approach you. Put your pirates with guns at the edge of the forest and shoot anything that walks into range. Stick to this tactic and you'l easily win any battle where you don't start severely outnumbered.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

The Blue Pyramid posted:

It's probably been stated before, but I don't have search nor the patience to go through 77 pages, but...

I just restarted Final Fantasy VII. Correction, I just started FFVII (We rented it once from Blockbuster when it first came out, my brother screwed up the plot somehow and disc 4 broke at Omega Weapon, and I personally never got to play past escaping Midgar).

I'm currently at the Don Corneo mission. What should I know about playing the game? I grew up with FFVIII, and am much more comfortable with the Junction system than with Materia; is it worth spending money on new materia when I find it in stores, or is it better to try and find it out in the world?

Also, just how does materia work? If I put materia in armour, is it like Junctioning in FFVIII in that I gain a resistance to that materia's element? Is it worth specializing each party member with different types of magic, as in one guy has fire and bolt, one guy has ice and water, one guy has healing and buffs? Or is it better to spread out materia so everyone has access to a few basic essential spells?

Also, is it worth buying every new weapon and armour upgrade? I've already spent several thousand gil upgrading everyone from Bronze to Iron to Titan to Mythril bangles; should I just save my gil and see what the world gives me?
Green materia combines with certain blue materia to give your equipment that effect if the two slots are connected. Leveling it up could provide a boost to its effects from half damage to absorb. It doesn't matter who gets what magic so long as it is building up over encounters.
Try buying equipment that provides an extra slot or combines two slots so you can cast fire on all enemies, for instance.

Try using Added Effect + Time/Poison on your weapon and you can slow/stop enemies if it activates, or poison an enemy with several ticks. I poisoned Yuffie's dad about six times so his constant heals couldn't save him. The same (protective) effect would work with armor.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009

The Blue Pyramid posted:

1. Buy a materia whenever you see it in a shop unless its prohibitively expensive. You don't find all that much out in the wilds, and the sooner you start leveling a materia the better.
2. There is very little Junction-style fanciness with materia, you are simply equipping abilities. Even the part where you lose health and strength with each equipped magic doesn't really matter all that much. They can be linked with light blue materia to create a new effect. It does not matter where you place it except for the Added Effect materia which is detailed in another post.
I would spread out your magics though it doesn't hurt to make some characters primarily casters. Aeris isn't good at physical attacks no matter what you do, might as well give her a bunch of green materias linked with All so she has something to do in a fight.
3. You don't need to buy upgrades from every shop you see. Except for a new materia since they never get outdated. Weapons or equipment with 0 AP gain are not worth using. The game was not that hard in 1997, I imagine its even easier in 2010. Jesus has it really been 13 years since I played FF7.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

McCoy Pauley posted:

Just started playing 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand and Assassin's Creed 1 (both on the 360 to the extent that matters)

In 50 Cent, is there some way to pick which counter-kill you do, or is it random? I bought a new one from the phone, but 20 counter-kills later, I'm pretty sure I still haven't done my new one. More generally, any particular weapons (or taunt packages) that are worth saving up for early on? The games seems pretty easy on Normal, so maybe it doesn't really matter.

You need to put the new counterkills in your list. Go to a phone, access counterkills, and look at the top right quarter of the screen and you should see the list and what counterkills you have on it. It's really stupid.

GoodShipNostalgia
May 7, 2007

"The good ship Nostalgia for Infinity. Still very much as you left her."
Just got a PSP and Dissidia. Do you guys have any tips?

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Brimruk posted:

I can help! Just PM me or something and give me the details, I'm on break and not doing anything. :)

I haven't got a platinum account, but you can email me at centipeed at gmail dot com and I'll give you all the details!

sexual rickshaw
Jul 17, 2001

I AM A SOCIALIST COMMUNIST MARXIST FASCIST FREEDOM-HATING NAZI LIBERAL CZAR!
I should be getting in Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 from Gamefly in the next few days. Any tips for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmoredBlue
Jul 1, 2007

Furthering the gay Mexican agenda.
I got Dragon Age for Christmas and have been playing it non-stop, but I was wondering if the enemies scale with you. I ask because in all the areas I think, "wow, thank god I didn't come here 3 levels ago", which would seem to make sense so the game doesn't punish you for taking on a quest too early.

I also got Batman: Arkham Asylum and I played about 10 minutes of it and am very excited to get through the rest of it. Any thoughts?