Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murray the Hump
Nov 11, 2006

Veni Vedi Dormivi
My favorite Principal Moss moment was in this episode: [in his reluctant response to the school resource officer getting a can thrown at him]: “Bobby, there’s no excuse for this... Sure Officer Brown maybe is a disgraced cop who tampered with evidence, got pulled off his beat, and got assigned this nothing position; but this here used to be a man."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

twistedmentat posted:

Hearing Alan Rickman speak with a Texan accent is weird.

Crap, I’m gonna lose my fair! I don’t wanna go back to sellin’ real estate!

Murray the Hump posted:

My favorite Principal Moss moment was in this episode: [in his reluctant response to the school resource officer getting a can thrown at him]: “Bobby, there’s no excuse for this... Sure Officer Brown maybe is a disgraced cop who tampered with evidence, got pulled off his beat, and got assigned this nothing position; but this here used to be a man."

Principal Moss is one of the best tertiary characters.

Have you heard of a little thing called the serenity prayer, Hank? Cause this is one of those things I can't change.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

i can't have him prayin' in my office, school board is very clear on that

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
I don't usually try to motivate kids this way, but: if all your friends are doing something, shouldn't you be doing it too?

Get outta here, Bobby. If those kids could read, they'd be really upset.

I know I say it a lot, but man, I really love this show.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Principle Moss only needs to say one word ever.

EM-LY!

Avarcirwen
Mar 7, 2008

Goons: The only group more socially conservative than Mormons.
Sorry Hank, alternative PE was canceled. Some parents got wind their kids were spending their time playing video games, formed a "action committee", scared the hell out of the district.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Fooley posted:

I think that episode may have the most "HOO-YEAH"'s, dont quote me on that.

Pretty sure that title goes to the Peggy'sFeet.com episode.

(Which reminds me, why have none of you made a SpankPeggy'sFeet.GIF yet? You people disappoint me. :colbert: )

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Pretty sure that title goes to the Peggy'sFeet.com episode.

(Which reminds me, why have none of you made a SpankPeggy'sFeet.GIF yet? You people disappoint me. :colbert: )

"Transnational Amusements Presents: Peggy's Magic Sex Feet"

King of the Hill fit more comedy into that episode name than some shows do in 22 minutes.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Best Principal Moss quote will always be: "I got that disease where you wake up in strange places drunk!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

cheerfullydrab posted:

Best Principal Moss quote will always be: "I got that disease where you wake up in strange places drunk!"

My favorite part of that episode was Moss running out the emergency exit and Hank stopping at it since it says "For emergency use only."

Murray the Hump
Nov 11, 2006

Veni Vedi Dormivi
^^^^^^
The J-cut is the best cut of beef...

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
My friend sent me a pm today with a word in italics which I, of course, read in Hank's reverent voice.

I miss voting for that man.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

drat it Carl, did you even read the manual?

Well I got a few pages into it, but I gotta tell you it's no Harry Potter, and then the new Harry Potter came out and well...

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Oh god how have I not seen this wheelchair rugby game set to shipping up to boston.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Weird thing I noticed about the episode currently on Adult Swim, the action figure Mr Strickland used to represent himself at the concert was pretty clearly a slightly recolored Invincible.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

I just saw "Strangeness on a Train" this weekend on Adult Swim after missing most of the original broadcast and never catching it in syndication. A so-so late season episode, but had a fantastic quote, maybe my favorite Lucky line of all.

Lucky: Lucky is on the case. [Beat] That's usually what I say when I drink beer, but this time it refers to this mystery.

I like the ending to that episode, and it has Hank breaking all sorts of laws because he and his wife got intimate on a train.

Disco's back!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

muscles like this? posted:

Weird thing I noticed about the episode currently on Adult Swim, the action figure Mr Strickland used to represent himself at the concert was pretty clearly a slightly recolored Invincible.

Bobby was reading a copy of Invincible, complete with oddly detailed cover, in another late season episode - I think it was "Behind Closed Doors," but I'm not sure. Clearly someone on the show was a fan.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Bobby was reading a copy of Invincible, complete with oddly detailed cover, in another late season episode - I think it was "Behind Closed Doors," but I'm not sure. Clearly someone on the show was a fan.

I vaguely remember this, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Bobby but an adult.

Someone needs to get on screencap duty.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I always forget that John Redcorn's band is "Big Mountain Fudge Cake".

And I always laugh everytime I hear it.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Brother Entropy posted:

I vaguely remember this, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Bobby but an adult.

Someone needs to get on screencap duty.
I literally just saw that episode, and it was indeed Bobby with the comic ('Unvincible'). It's a drat good episode. Some premium chain Bwahs, too!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

quote:

In popular culture

* In the King of the Hill episode "Behind Closed Doors", Bobby is seen reading a comic entitled Unvincible, whose title and cover art is similar to the first issue of Invincible. Also on King Of The Hill, in the 13th season episode "Earthly Girls Are Easy," Buck Strickland plays with an Invincible action figure when planning his entrance at the benefit concert.
Really, wikipedia? Really?

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

I love the poo poo out of wikipedia

photo kiosk of life
Aug 31, 2004

Not the best role model.
I was driving with my girlfriend the other day and had it on a jazz station. Suddenly we hear Chuck Mangione's "Feel So Good" come on and we just started laughing throughout the whole song. When the laughs started dying down, I yelled, "CHICK Mangione?! I'm not a chick I'm a dude!" and it started back up again.

I'm going to marry this woman and shake her hand.

mastapasta
Jun 14, 2008

Om nom nom

photo kiosk of life posted:

"CHICK Mangione?! I'm not a chick I'm a dude!"
This is one of my favorite moments in King of the Hill. I loving lose it when he hits the Anger Management guy over the head with his trumpet.

It would make the perfect avatar.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't feel so good.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Does anyone else hate Peggy when she's like "OH YEAH!!!!!" ?

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

hunter x az posted:

Does anyone else hate Peggy when she's like "OH YEAH!!!!!" ?

it's "HO YEAH!!!!!" :colbert:

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Yeah, whatever. Makes me hate her just the same =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbdRMdngvmQ

:rage:

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

her face is hilarious in every frame of that

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

photo kiosk of life posted:

I was driving with my girlfriend the other day and had it on a jazz station. Suddenly we hear Chuck Mangione's "Feel So Good" come on and we just started laughing throughout the whole song. When the laughs started dying down, I yelled, "CHICK Mangione?! I'm not a chick I'm a dude!" and it started back up again.

I'm going to marry this woman and shake her hand.

I recreated the wedding handshake during our wedding pictures - my wife was not amused.

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.
Driving out of Austin I passed a building marked Texas Propane Gas Association and felt sad. :(

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I watched Beavis and Butthead Do America the other day and, because of the similarities between Mike Judge doing Mr. Anderson's voice and Judge doing Hank's voice, I kept imaging Hank berating Beavis and Butthead and talking about them "whacking it in his toolshed, by god."

It's a drat shame we never got a B&B reference on King of the Hill.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Young Freud posted:

I watched Beavis and Butthead Do America the other day and, because of the similarities between Mike Judge doing Mr. Anderson's voice and Judge doing Hank's voice, I kept imaging Hank berating Beavis and Butthead and talking about them "whacking it in his toolshed, by god."

Dooley & Clark Peters?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Young Freud posted:

It was always my understanding that Mr. Anderson is Hank Hill... or at least based on him.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Awww yes, at 1:30 tonight Adult Swim is showing "Good Hill Hunting," the episode where Hank takes Bobby on his first deer hunt and, later, to La Grunta.

I'M DRIVIN' THE HELL OUTTA THIS TRUCK!

Also, as a reminder, Adult Swim starts the rotation of episodes over tomorrow night with the pilot at 10. I don't have the DVDs (yet) so I'm looking forward to seeing some old episodes from when I didn't give the show a chance.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Which one is the pilot again? This show has been around for so long it's become some kind of moebius strip and I sort of assume it never really had a beginning.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

JethroMcB posted:

Awww yes, at 1:30 tonight Adult Swim is showing "Good Hill Hunting," the episode where Hank takes Bobby on his first deer hunt and, later, to La Grunta.

I'M DRIVIN' THE HELL OUTTA THIS TRUCK!

Also, as a reminder, Adult Swim starts the rotation of episodes over tomorrow night with the pilot at 10. I don't have the DVDs (yet) so I'm looking forward to seeing some old episodes from when I didn't give the show a chance.

The older episodes have a lot different feel to them, especially the first season. The characters were a lot more subdued. Dale, Boomhauer, and Bill were more "off to the side" character that weren't really fleshed out, and I think Hank said "That boy ain't right" more in one episode of the first season than he did the whole of any other season.

I think it really started getting good around the Joseph goes through puberty episode.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

hunter x az posted:

It was always my understanding that Mr. Anderson is Hank Hill... or at least based on him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Hill

quote:

Henry Rutherford "Hank" Hill is a fictional character in the animated series King of the Hill. Hank was originally a character on beavis and butthead named Tom Anderson.

Yeeeep

quote:

Which one is the pilot again? This show has been around for so long it's become some kind of moebius strip and I sort of assume it never really had a beginning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot_%28King_of_the_Hill%29

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Wikipedia posted:

When Bobby gets hit in the eye by a baseball from one of his games, rumours of his father Hank abusing him start to spread.It guest stars Gailard Sartain as a case manager.
poo poo that's...kinda dark for a pilot episode.

"Hey Fox Executives! So here's that pilot for that cartoon show I told you about. It's a farce about child abuse!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Strange Matter posted:

The pilot is the one where Hank is accused of beating Bobby.

I agree that the first season of the show really feels rough around the edges. The animation is different and everything just feels slightly off when compared to later episodes.