Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChunksNensja
Sep 29, 2004

When in doubt, power it out.
Thought I'd go play with my new camera and take some decent photos of the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

What in the goddamn is that? :psyduck:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Wow, that XR-8 has the whole ST205 Celica look going on with that front-end

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

Sockington posted:

Click here for the full 428x1260 image.

:monocle:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Coronet XX posted:

What in the goddamn is that? :psyduck:

Believe it or not, apparently it came from the factory looking like that. It's a V8 ute and therefore automatically awesome, but my god, Ford, was the Taurus not punishment enough?

ChunksNensja
Sep 29, 2004

When in doubt, power it out.
To make up for the not-so-nice looking front end Ford gave it a 5.6L Windsor(factory stroked from 5.0)making 250KW/500nm with a manual transmission and LSD = :dance: Basically with an exhaust and a tune you can run a mid 13 pass and then tow your boat or haul a whole heap of crap the next day. It's pretty fun and handles well for lolpushrods and oxcart suspension.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know WHY we couldn't get a G8 ute.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Ozmiander posted:

I don't know WHY we couldn't get a G8 ute.

Take G8 sales. Divide by normal:mullet factor.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ChunksNensja posted:

Thought I'd go play with my new camera and take some decent photos of the car.

That'll be a rare beast, as the stroker motor only appeared really late on the AU scene.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Sockington posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of the Integra, but yeah, I had to do a double-take to make sure it wasn't some crazy fascia swap.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

kimbo305 posted:

You severely underestimate how many people love trucks.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Ozmiander posted:

You severely underestimate how many people love trucks.

And the F series/Silverado/Ram is what people buy, same as last time those utes were here.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
But how much has "HURR, LOOK AT MUH HEMI" truck fagging grown since the 80s? I can't drive ten feet without having my zuk rammed off the road by a pimped out ram 1500.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Ozmiander posted:

But how much has "HURR, LOOK AT MUH HEMI" truck fagging grown since the 80s? I can't drive ten feet without having my zuk rammed off the road by a pimped out ram 1500.

And hence why no one wants a ute.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

kimbo305 posted:

And hence why no one wants a ute.

This is unfortunately true. People don't want trucks as practical vehicles for hauling loads and towing stuff (which a ute would work for), they want a big MAH TRUG that stands out from (and above) the crowd of leetle cars. :( Not really the same market.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

jjjjealous?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

kimbo305 posted:

Are you advocating people grow mullets?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

If it gave me a $1000 discount on a ute, I'd do it. Wouldn't you? I'll wear the flannel for free.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

ChunksNensja posted:

To make up for the not-so-nice looking front end Ford gave it a 5.6L Windsor(factory stroked from 5.0)making 250KW/500nm with a manual transmission and LSD = :dance: Basically with an exhaust and a tune you can run a mid 13 pass and then tow your boat or haul a whole heap of crap the next day. It's pretty fun and handles well for lolpushrods and oxcart suspension.

Like you said the AU copped a lot of flak for how it looked, but I really think they had it sorted on the series II-III XRs.
Finding the stroker motor with a manual transmission is pretty awesome. I wouldn't think twice about choosing a super pursuit over a SS ute even though I'm about as pro-holden as it gets short of being a perpetually drunk V8 supercars fan.

sadnessboner fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jan 3, 2010

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

My car still looks like a piece of poo poo but at least it's fast and handles well.

S14 pre-facelift
RB30DET engine.. RB30 block with RB25 twincam head.
All the usual mods.
Should be taking it for tuning & a dyno run this weekend hopefully, trying to chase 280-300kw at the rear wheels.
Not really into drifting or any of that kind of poo poo, I just like the car.

ShaunO fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jan 3, 2010

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

ShaunO posted:

My car still looks like a piece of poo poo but at least it's fast and handles well.

S14 pre-facelift
All the usual mods.
Should be taking it for tuning & a dyno run this weekend hopefully, trying to chase 280-300kw at the rear wheels.

Was the RB swap difficult? I had heard that RB's were too long to fit into Silvias. Also, did you use a regular RB25D head or a NEO head?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Taaaaaaarb! posted:

Was the RB swap difficult? I had heard that RB's were too long to fit into Silvias. Also, did you use a regular RB25D head or a NEO head?

I don't know, but i love him for saying "pre facelift" instead of fagging it up with japanese words.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ron Burgundy posted:

jjjjealous?
I had one of those as a company car. Great for going on road trips with, flip down the back seats and could sleep in it comfortably. Of course it shat a head gasket, as all Ford sixes did at that time

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

Taaaaaaarb! posted:

I bought it with the swap already done but as far as I know it is not. It has heaps of room length-wise and even enough room to fit a fairly thick intercooler up front. Along with fans on both sides of the radiator. It's not as bad as people think, the engine bay is fairly similar in size to a Skyline. The head is an RB25DET out of an R33 series 2.

All that had to be changed were the engine/gearbox crossmembers, the wiring loom/ECU and that's pretty much it. It's using an RB25DET gearbox that lines up perfectly. Seems like a very straightforward swap. This car actually started off as an S14 Q's Automatic, so it's had a pretty big makeover, 5 stud hubs, R33 Skyline brakes, manual conversion etc. Would've cost me a lot more to do all the stuff myself so was good to buy it already done.

Ozmiander posted:

I don't know, but i love him for saying "pre facelift" instead of fagging it up with japanese words.

God I hate Zenki/Kouki or whatever-the-gently caress people call them. Japanese cars are so common here in New Zealand there is no JDM faggotry like that.

sacre
Jan 26, 2007

ShaunO posted:

S14 pre-facelift
All the usual mods.

It looks like they got the BA bonnet bulge back-to-front.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Taaaaaaarb! posted:

It's not really difficult. The clearance issue you run in to is the RB25 has a engine-mounted fan, that makes it too long to fit. So, you just pull off that and use an electric.

The transmission tunnel tends to need a bit of cutting so the shifter will come up right as well.

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon
Wait, I thought FR Nissans from the 90s also used the same 5-speed manual transmissions.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Despite the questionable exterior color and very questionable interior color, I am absolutely loving this car. It's just an amazing amount of fun to drive. It's like my Miata, but with testicles.

Doctor Bud
Jul 25, 2008

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Comrade Flynn posted:

Despite the questionable exterior color and very questionable interior color, I am absolutely loving this car. It's just an amazing amount of fun to drive. It's like my Miata, but with testicles.

I saw the color and thought how un-manly it looked....then I scrolled and saw the CSC. Badass, and redeems for color by all means (and then some).

nutnmunch
Sep 19, 2007
get out.
I now drive a catfish.

Test drove pretty much everything but fell in love with the 370Z.

nutnmunch fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 7, 2010

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Robot Smasher posted:

My baby is a daily driven Lotus Exige.

DD as in 5 days a week? Are you some sort of limber gymnast?

I bet after a year you could suck your own penis.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

nutnmunch posted:

I now drive a catfish.

Test drove pretty much everything but fell in love with the 370Z.

That's a mighty nice catfish you have there. Congrats.

vonkin
Jun 26, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away
If you can use some exotic booze
There's a bar in far Bombay

Come fly with me, let's float down to Peru
In llama-land there's a one-man band
And he'll toot his flute for you
Come fly with me, let's take off in the blue

Once I get you up there
Where the air is rarefied
We'll just glide
Starry-eyed
Once I get you up there
I'll be holding you so near
You may hear
Angels cheer, 'cause we're together

Weather-wise, it's such a lovely day
Just say the words and we'll beat the birds
Back to Acapulco Bay
It is perfect for a flying honeymoon, they say

Once I get you up there
Where the air is rarefied
We'll just glide
Starry-eyed
Once I get you up there
I'll be holding you so near
You may hear
Angels cheer, 'cause we're together

Weather-wise, it's such a lovely day
If you say the word, we will beat those birds
Back to Acapulco Bay
It is perfect for a flying honeymoon, they say
Come fly with me, let's fly, let,s fly,
Pack up, let's fly away

come take a ride in my spaceship
only ~60mpg on the ground, but when I'm orbiting the earth it gets around 600mpg

Robot Smasher
Feb 17, 2004
Gay for Gunbound

Ziploc posted:

DD as in 5 days a week? Are you some sort of limber gymnast?

I bet after a year you could suck your own penis.

Going on 10 months. I'll let you know.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Robot Smasher posted:

Going on 10 months. I'll let you know.

If in 2 months you stop posting, we'll know.

MyushiVerSCOOTY
Jan 22, 2004

1985 Cadillac ElDorado

FreakingNeo
Jun 25, 2003

Night Rhythms
My 1991 Mini! :)

Click here for the full 902x600 image.

Click here for the full 720x600 image.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Hey there late model LHD Mini buddy :buddy:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Both of your cars are infinitely cooler than any new Mini available in recent years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Both of your cars are infinitely cooler than any new Mini available in recent years.

How and why?