Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
New years eve live video of my band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ailfRGNHpIE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

I don't think anyone's posted this, yet.

Ultmate Warriors Discography

99 track discography of pretty sick wrestling-themed (what) hardcore (and it's free!). And for you Pissed Jeans fans, 3 of the guys in Ultimate Warriors are in Pissed Jeans.

secondhand dog fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 4, 2010

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

I just preordered the Fall of Efrafa box set for my christmas present and its going to be the happiest day of my life when I get it.

holy poo poo! I didn't know about this! Nice!

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009
this is going to be the best hardcore record of the year.

After over a year of cycling through various emotionally incompetent frontmen, awaiting financial aid checks for funding, and rejecting 500 different band names, comes the 4 song 10" EP from California's Fell to Low. Proof that single coil pickups, big muff pedals and pelvic thrusts remain a valid and essential approach to punk rock. "You're Such a Good Champion"

Available now on colored vinyl.

http://dogfamilyrecords.bigcartel.com/

Upcoming Fell to Low shows-

January 9th-Ojai Womens Center with Knife Fight, Dry Rot, and Lecherous Gaze (4/5 Annihilation Time/
February 23rd-Chain Reaction with Blacklisted

https://www.myspace.com/felltolow
https://www.myspace.com/dogfamily

OjaiYoda fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 6, 2010

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Sorry for the derail, but are you a true blue Ojai resident? That rules.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

OjaiYoda posted:

this is going to be the best hardcore record of the year.

I'll be really disappointed if that turns out to be true.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Iron Lung posted:

Cosigned.

Also, Lip Cream reunion show June 27th in Tokyo. gently caress.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Iron Lung posted:

Yeah. It's not brilliant.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Cosigned.

Also, Lip Cream reunion show June 27th in Tokyo. gently caress.

Fuuuuck I wish I could afford to go. This summer is already going to be too expensive. drat it.

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009

ManoliIsFat posted:

Sorry for the derail, but are you a true blue Ojai resident? That rules.

I am from Ojai, CA, I also love Star Wars.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

A5H posted:

Yeah. It's not brilliant.

Not only is it not brilliant, it kinda blows. Sorry dude.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

OjaiYoda posted:

I am from Ojai, CA, I also love Star Wars.

My best friend was born and raised in Ojai. Good town. He used to help do shows at the women's center like ~6 years ago IIRC

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009

ManoliIsFat posted:

My best friend was born and raised in Ojai. Good town. He used to help do shows at the women's center like ~6 years ago IIRC
Who is it? I probably know them. I think the last shows there were in 2002. But there are shows there again, this Saturday is going to rule.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Nava. Also friends with those kid with last names Joshua and McCaskill (he's from Oakview) who used to go to hang in Ojai.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
No one in the rec thread wants to help me out... I need Oi. Specifically earlier, pop-y Oi. Like Blitz/Cock Sparrer/The Business Oi. I like The 4-Skins, but they are a bit too aggressive, I'm looking more for the up-tempo Voice of A Generation kind of stuff.

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009

ManoliIsFat posted:

Nava. Also friends with those kid with last names Joshua and McCaskill (he's from Oakview) who used to go to hang in Ojai.
Teddy Nava? I do not think he was involved in hardcore shows there, maybe electronic stuff. I know Max Joshua and Sean MCPhatskillz well. Those kids are ridiculous.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

baberaham lincoln posted:

No one in the rec thread wants to help me out... I need Oi. Specifically earlier, pop-y Oi. Like Blitz/Cock Sparrer/The Business Oi. I like The 4-Skins, but they are a bit too aggressive, I'm looking more for the up-tempo Voice of A Generation kind of stuff.

Try Criminal Damage from Portland.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

baberaham lincoln posted:

The Blood's early stuff is along those line, as well as the first Skrewdriver LP All Skrewed Up (pre-racist, although I'm sure some dipshit with pit stains will through a hissy fit over this). You'll also probably love Angelic Upstarts, Major Accident, Infa-Riot, and Chron-Gen.

Oi! the edit: Cockney Rejects 4 lyfe bitches

EvilRobot fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 8, 2010

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

OjaiYoda posted:

Teddy Nava? I do not think he was involved in hardcore shows there, maybe electronic stuff. I know Max Joshua and Sean MCPhatskillz well. Those kids are ridiculous.
Hhaha, ya. This was long, LONG ago, before I turned him to the darkside of bleep-blorp music. Those kids are like my nearest dearest, best friends. Ted was my best man. Too funny, small world.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

New Extortion LP Loose Screws just came out. UGGGHHH so stoked to hear it.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

EvilRobot posted:

Cockney Rejects 4 lyfe bitches
What's their best album / compilation. I like the Greatest Cockney Rip Off 7".

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
A few bands are confirmed for Chaos in Tejas this year:
X (Australia), Crow (japan), Slang (japan), A-Frames, the Marked Men, and La URSS.

I really hope I can make it. Crow would be so awesome to see.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Saw the Slumlords and No Redeeming Social Value tonight at Sonar in Baltimore, love those motherfuckers. Thor was loving awesome and everyone should check out Deathammer.

The Man The Legend
Dec 17, 2006
Cheer up, the worst is yet to come
A little old by now, but really really digging the new A Wilhelm Scream EP. If this makes sense, it sounds like a combination of Mute Print and Career Suicide.

Bulletproof Tigers is kickass.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

The Man The Legend posted:

A little old by now, but really really digging the new A Wilhelm Scream EP. If this makes sense, it sounds like a combination of Mute Print and Career Suicide.

Bulletproof Tigers is kickass.

Did you really just compare A Wilhelm Scream to Career Suicide? Please tell me there is a joke here that I'm missing.

The Man The Legend
Dec 17, 2006
Cheer up, the worst is yet to come

answersyouseek posted:

Did you really just compare A Wilhelm Scream to Career Suicide? Please tell me there is a joke here that I'm missing.

It was AWS' last album.

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

OK, so about 4 years ago my buddy and I decided to put up the money to release our bands 7 inch. That same year the band broke up, I moved and the records got hurled into storage along with the rest of my poo poo.

I finally dug them out and I want to get rid of these suckers.

The band was Uprising from Michigan, we played heavy crusty peace punk. We only played maybe a dozen shows ever, but we managed to put out a split EP with Phoenix, AZ's Contravene (http://7inchcrust.blogspot.com/2007/05/contraveneuprising-split-7.html).

You can check out the music at: http://www.myspace.com/uprising

The EP I'm looking to unload is the 'As Long As There Is A Profit To Be Made' EP. This was hardly distributed so I have like 600 copies and I don't want to set up a distro so I have little use for trades (unless it's something I want personally).

For goons: $1.00 with shipping.

when you email me, mention you're a goon. PayPal, money order, check, I don't care.

uprisedetroit[at]gmail.com

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
I'll definitely pick one up, I've heard the name but never listened and I love contravene. I'll shoot you an email in the next few days.

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

Sweet! I have a handful of the split with Contravene too. I only have like 6, but I'd be happy to sell them. $2 for the split.

RhysD
Feb 7, 2009

Bust it!
trying to get my bands demo heard a bit more, dunno what we sound like but i've been told death threat...so...!

bands name is Machete and we're from Adelaide South Australia

anyway, here's the link to the 6 track demo (7 if you include intermission)

http://www.mediafire.com/?tinj4wmy5dm

and myspace - http://www.myspace.com/machetenoise

let me know what you think!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I've been trying to get into powerviolence more. So far I've checked out Bruce Banner, Charles Bronson, Crossed Out, Dropdead, Iron Lung, Man Is The Bastard, and Massgrav.

What else can you guys recommend? I hear Japan has (or had) an awesome powerviolence scene, but I don't know what's good and what's not.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

QPZIL posted:

I've been trying to get into powerviolence more. So far I've checked out Bruce Banner, Charles Bronson, Crossed Out, Dropdead, Iron Lung, Man Is The Bastard, and Massgrav.

What else can you guys recommend? I hear Japan has (or had) an awesome powerviolence scene, but I don't know what's good and what's not.

NO COMMENT
Mind Eraser
Hatred Surge
Infest
Neanderthal
Low Threat Profile
In Disgust (grind violence, 2006 demo is amazing)
Walls
Lack of Interest
Lifes Halt
Machinegun Romantics
Magrudergrind
Sidetracked

and if you like stuff like charles bronson check out hostile takeover, i accuse, hummingbird of death, the secret seven, threatener, xbrainiax, Limp Wrist and Los Crudos.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
With a name/title like that, I trust you.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

QPZIL posted:

With a name/title like that, I trust you.

If I could listen to one 7" for the rest of my life it would probably be Downsided by No Comment. Just saying.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Jay Reatard is dead. Most of the posters in this thread are going to be really bummed.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

answersyouseek posted:

Jay Reatard is dead. Most of the posters in this thread are going to be really bummed.

Love him or hate him, Reatard was probably the most prolific garage rocker on the scene over the last couple years. I never really paid a lot of attention to him until his last album, Watch Me Fall. I'm sorry I won't get a chance to see him play live since he kind of caught my fascination last year.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2010/01/jay-reatard-1980-2009.html

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
I feel like most fans of punk music can find something to like about Jay, be it his later melodic solo stuff, or his early punk albums with The Reatards. Either way, he was the last of the American punk musicians who could pull off a fake British accent.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
Apparently my girlfriends friends was Jays girlfriend. Welp. There goes my chances of hanging out with him.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
I'm honestly not bummed about Reatard as I didn't listen to much post lost sounds stuff but he was awesome. Started releasing waaay too many singles though to keep up with, they were all limited and sold quick due to having finally achieved relative stardom by his "solo" career. Bandmates were awesome tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Not an Anthem posted:

Started releasing waaay too many singles though to keep up with, they were all limited and sold quick due to having finally achieved relative stardom by his "solo" career.

man, it's a bummer he never compiled any of those singles into LP format. Twice. Three times if you consider the fact that half of Blood Visions was re-recorded, and 4 times if you count Great Messes...