Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastapasta
Jun 14, 2008

Om nom nom
I love how when you learn David Cross does a voice on any show (Like KOTH or Futurama) it will be stuck in your brain forever and that character instantly just becomes David Cross. It makes the Tarot Card episode even better.

"Caninus Spiritus!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

mastapasta posted:

I love how when you learn David Cross does a voice on any show (Like KOTH or Futurama) it will be stuck in your brain forever and that character instantly just becomes David Cross. It makes the Tarot Card episode even better.

"Caninus Spiritus!"

Soon, you shall be known as Robert, "The Dog Quaffer"

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I know I've posted this before, but it bears repeating

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_guest_stars_on_King_of_the_Hill

and its incomplete! and funny when you realize Tom Petty and Danny Trejo are regulars and thus not listed at all.

God I just love how this show incorporates guest stars seamlessly. Sure there are times when it is clear that this one shot character *must* be voiced by someone famous: Chris Rock, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt etc. But then they'll have an episode chock full of famous people and you won't notice at all. Like "Talking Shop" with Alyson Hannigan, Lindsay Lohan and Laura Prepon.

When does the Simpsons, or Family Guy ever do that?!

The only guest star I can think of on another show that trumps KOTH, is George Clooney as Sparky the gay dog on South Park.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

haha this ant episode is so surreal

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I still think the best lawn episode is the Winklebottom one.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

change my name posted:

I still think the best lawn episode is the Winklebottom one.

I love how this show has episodes that can be categorized as "lawn episodes."

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

haha this ant episode is so surreal

Yeah, I think they were still experimenting on what to do with Bobby when they wrote this one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how in Jumpin' Crack bass the fishing store owner burns down the store while talking to Hank, and then you see him in the background being brought into the station.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hank: "That's why you're my best friend, Dale."
Bill: "I thought I was your best friend, Hank?"
Hank: "Heh heh... yeah, well... heh."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

BlueBayou posted:

Actually. No. I take it back. Meryl Streep as Aunt Esme Dauterive is the best guest voice. I had *no* idea it was her until I was randomly looking up the episode one day. It's freaking Meryl Streep! In some random role!

What. :aaaaa:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Bob...what are you doing?

Oh Hank.

Hahaha, Dooly shirtless wearing a fur coat.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 13, 2010

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Carl Reiner is Gary and Tammy Wynette is Hank's Mom? :aaa:

And Ani Difranco was a guest star? :aaaaa:

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...
"I want my binky back." :(

That is the best line of the series.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I love how in Jumpin' Crack bass the fishing store owner burns down the store while talking to Hank, and then you see him in the background being brought into the station.

Layaway Ray is being sued by his insurance company right after Hank's trial for buying crack.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

And can I get a gun rack on my bike?

You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to ask me that.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Vizzini from The Princess Bride is the sports therapist Hank sees about his inability to shoot a gun properly. :aaaaa:

Seriously, the cameos they have had in this show are simply amazing in every way.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Dusty old bones, full of green dust!

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Vizzini from The Princess Bride is the sports therapist Hank sees about his inability to shoot a gun properly. :aaaaa:

Seriously, the cameos they have had in this show are simply amazing in every way.

That's actually one of the few guest stars I recognized right away. Wallace Shawn has such a distinctive voice, its hard not to recognize him.

Avarcirwen
Mar 7, 2008

Goons: The only group more socially conservative than Mormons.

Capsaicin posted:

Carl Reiner is Gary and Tammy Wynette is Hank's Mom? :aaa:

And Ani Difranco was a guest star? :aaaaa:

and Burt Reynolds is M.F. Thatherton

vvv It's the episode where Bobby took "Peer Counseling" and used it to date girls he liked. vvv

Avarcirwen fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 13, 2010

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What was talking shop, and why were there a bunch of (at one time) sexy ginger actresses in it?

Johnny Depp as a Yogi? Now that's amazing.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Avarcirwen posted:

Actually, one thing that does happen from time to time on KOTH is a guest star will be used for the first appearance of a character and then someone else from then on out.

Burt Reynolds was only Thatherton in his first appearance, it was Toby Huss after that (Kahn, Cotton).

Same with Roger 'Booda' Sack. It was Chris Rock in his first appearance, but was Phil LaMarr after that

Fortunately, that didn't happen with Lucky.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

twistedmentat posted:

What was talking shop, and why were there a bunch of (at one time) sexy ginger actresses in it?

Hank is excited for Bobby to take auto shop class, but Bobby opts instead to be a "Peer counselor," a position of power which he abuses to trick girls into going out with him. Each one of the guests was a girl Bobby pissed off some way - Prepon was the lead counselor, and I think Hannigan was a girl Bobby convinced to break up with a boy. It's a pretty good episode with a nonstop barrage of amazing Hank quotes.

Hank: I'll buy him an old junker car and we can restore her together. We'll stay up late fixing her up, just me and my boy. Then one day, when we're all finished, Bobby will get in that car and he'll drive away.
(Looking wistful)
Hank: And then I can die a happy man.
(Boomhauer and Bill mutter their agreements.)
Dale: That's...actually kind of sad, Hank.

Hank: It's false advertising! It's advertised as a junker, but it's in moderate-to-good condition.

(Presents Bobby with a beat-up car)
Hank: I didn't know if you were a Ford man or a Chevy man. It was the happiest problem I've ever faced.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

BlueBayou posted:

Whenever I want to introduce someone to the show, I show them Three Coaches and a Bobby. Its just perfect. The characters are displayed well, the plot is fun, and its a great example of a famous guest star not being shoehorned in.

"Breaks your heart, doesn't it? Take a salt tablet."

Also, that was the episode "I hear it has special effects!" which, as has pretty much been stated, is one of the best lines in the entire series.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

JethroMcB posted:

Hank: I'll buy him an old junker car and we can restore her together. We'll stay up late fixing her up, just me and my boy. Then one day, when we're all finished, Bobby will get in that car and he'll drive away.
(Looking wistful)
Hank: And then I can die a happy man.
(Boomhauer and Bill mutter their agreements.)
Dale: That's...actually kind of sad, Hank.

Dale being the voice of reason is crazy.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf

Avarcirwen posted:

vvv It's the episode where Bobby took "Peer Counseling" and used it to date girls he liked. vvv

THATHERTON :argh:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh man, Dale trying to get Bill out of eating contests because he knows how they'll treat him is so sweet.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

BlueBayou posted:

That's actually one of the few guest stars I recognized right away. Wallace Shawn has such a distinctive voice, its hard not to recognize him.

I know, I just hadn't seen that episode in years and years and forgot it was him. Such an awesome cameo.

"Hilloween" is on tomorrow and I can't wait, its one of my favorite episodes and Sally Field is the nutjob religious woman. :neckbeard:

"Jumpin' Crack Bass" is on tonight, FYI.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

"A storm of that strength can blow an egg through a barndoor. TWO barndoors if one of 'em's open."

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Brother Entropy posted:

"A storm of that strength can blow an egg through a barndoor. TWO barndoors if one of 'em's open."

I've seen this episode at least 5 or 6 times, and tonight was the first time I realized how amazing this line really is.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Oh don't mind me, I've seen a barrel of pickles in my day.

Murray the Hump
Nov 11, 2006

Veni Vedi Dormivi
"This better not be one of them Carter appointee judges..."

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

Level three will send an egg through a brick wall. Tornado chasers call it "Humpty's Revenge."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

"It's not even 6 AM and already that boy ain't right."

Parachute
May 18, 2003
"Listen if you're calling me a liar, you'd better be holding something bigger than an umbrella".

"9 iron?"

*tips hat* "Ya'll have a nice day."

Also, this episode ("Texas City Twister") was nominated for the 1998 Emmy Award for Outstanding Animated Program (For Programming One Hour or Less). I will say that even though I agree that "Jumpin' Crack Bass" is a great episode, but this episode really showed the characters changing, especially Peggy who missed out on substituting for a German class because she thought "Nein" meant "Yes".

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
"Ginseng? I don't need to get hopped up on dope!"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

"You know what I'll never forget? When Uncle Hank was naked."
"That didn't happen."
"Yes it did. The wind blew all his clothes off."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

"You see in olden times, brothers swore loyalty to each other and took an oath with their very blood. We wear silk underpants."

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

You wearin?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I love how john redcorn's hair blows every time he talks about his people

edit: this professor is yet another minor character who i mistakenly suspected was alan alda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastapasta
Jun 14, 2008

Om nom nom
The episode is where bobby becomes a model for Husky kids goes from really depressing at the beginning (seriously depressing) to very creepy. all in 20 minutes.