Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

krustster posted:

Late to this one, but I'd say you're right considering how they only have one album.

I was wondering when someone would pick up on that, it's like no one even pays attention to me UGH!

Cock Soup posted:

I don't think any crabcore band takes themselves seriously.

That doesn't really make it good, though. You can't just dismiss how terrible it sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Integrity.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Thirding/whatevering Integrity. Used to really jam them alot, and some bands around here went through a copycat phase

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

Business Raptor posted:

That doesn't really make it good, though. You can't just dismiss how terrible it sounds.

Yeah, I get your drift. Yet I didn't think it sounded that awful. Some of the melodies were pretty drat catchy.

I just don't believe it ought to be judged in the same way as Converge or BTBAM. It's fun music, that's all.

GrazoTheClown
Jun 23, 2006
One Man. One Way.
Can't get enough of Destroy The Runner right now. Such a good band.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
Finally got around to listening to Darkest Hour's latest. Color me quite disappointed. I think Kris Norris made that band for me. My favorite DH album is definitely Deliver Us because of the retarded amounts of guitar wankin

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

GrazoTheClown posted:

Can't get enough of Destroy The Runner right now. Such a good band.

I take it you mean "I, Lucifer" because that one is really good. "Saints" was clever but it was a major As I Lay Dying ripoff with weaker production.

garbage day
Jun 13, 2008

im lollin at you're trollin
:siren: HORSE the Band will be participating in the next front page Q & A! :siren:

If you have something you'd like to ask HORSE the Band, you can post it here, send it to me in a private message, or e-mail it to me at garbageday@somethingawful.com.

Musically, HORSE the Band is a polarizing act in most online metalcore communities, and it seems this one is no exception. However, even people who don't dig keyboard breakdowns can usually respect that these are funny dudes who don't mind laughing at themselves and bantering with their hecklers. They've definitely had some unique adventures, too, most notably booking their own sparingly promoted and largely uncompensated 45-country tour in 2008. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with for what should be a great Q & SA!

GrazoTheClown
Jun 23, 2006
One Man. One Way.

krustster posted:

I take it you mean "I, Lucifer" because that one is really good. "Saints" was clever but it was a major As I Lay Dying ripoff with weaker production.

I hate As I Lay Crying, Saints is a great album. I like it more than I, Lucifer.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

Garbage Day posted:

:siren: HORSE the Band will be participating in the next front page Q & A! :siren:

If you have something you'd like to ask HORSE the Band, you can post it here, send it to me in a private message, or e-mail it to me at garbageday@somethingawful.com.

Musically, HORSE the Band is a polarizing act in most online metalcore communities, and it seems this one is no exception. However, even people who don't dig keyboard breakdowns can usually respect that these are funny dudes who don't mind laughing at themselves and bantering with their hecklers. They've definitely had some unique adventures, too, most notably booking their own sparingly promoted and largely uncompensated 45-country tour in 2008. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with for what should be a great Q & SA!

you gotta be shittin me. I've already talked to them a bunch and i don't think there is something I haven't asked but this is way cool.

edit: Do they dislike touring America more than other countries because it always seems they are in Europe or somesuch.

the Bunt fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 15, 2010

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

GrazoTheClown posted:

I hate As I Lay Crying, Saints is a great album. I like it more than I, Lucifer.

:argh:

edit: not sure how you could like "Saints" and hate As I Lay JO'ing considering how they sound ridiculously similar, but anyway DTR is a good bandh

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Fuklaw posted:

the latter and band names more than three words long

Unless you're asking for a specific reason how could you possibly limit your choices of experiencing music to what the name of the band is?

I admit that bands like "We Butter the Bread with Butter" and "I Wrestled a Bear Once" are retarded names for bands that actually suck. But I get a lot of poo poo in this thread for liking a band with a name that's only three words and isn't completely retarded sounding (Winds of Plague).

Right off the top of my head, Between the Buried and Me has a long name and they don't suck. Every Time I Die also. (even though both of these bands are far worse sounding currently than their first efforts)

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Garbage Day posted:

who is caps lol

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

Unless you're asking for a specific reason how could you possibly limit your choices of experiencing music to what the name of the band is?

I admit that bands like "We Butter the Bread with Butter" and "I Wrestled a Bear Once" are retarded names for bands that actually suck. But I get a lot of poo poo in this thread for liking a band with a name that's only three words and isn't completely retarded sounding (Winds of Plague).

hint: it's not the name of the band that everyone is making fun of

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

Garbage Day posted:

Ask them what they think about the whole Crabcore scene.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Garbage Day posted:

I read in their bio on MySpace that they didn't like performing in Scandinavia during their world tour - what's up with that?

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

Garbage Day posted:

Who has the biggest weiner in the group?

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Garbage Day posted:

Ask them if they think Winds of Plague is a good band.

:laugh:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Garbage Day posted:

Please for the love of god ask them to weigh in on Craig Owens being kicked out of Chiodos.

(They have a hilarious feud, for those unaware)

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

-Atom- posted:

Please for the love of god ask them to weigh in on Craig Owens being kicked out of Chiodos.

(They have a hilarious feud, for those unaware)

I was unaware. Why are they having a feud?

ShoogaSlim posted:

Actually, Winds of Plague is a terrible name. But that's not the point.

I see what you're getting at and agree in a sense. The thing is when you hear a band with the name "We Butter the Bread with Butter" and "I Wrestled a Bear Once" you can pretty much assume nowadays what it's going to sound like.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

this is why we hate winds of plague shooga http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2JX9VeL7n4

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

Business Raptor posted:

I was unaware. Why are they having a feud?

Actually, Winds of Plague is a terrible name. But that's not the point.

I see what you're getting at and agree in a sense. The thing is when you hear a band with the name "We Butter the Bread with Butter" and "I Wrestled a Bear Once" you can pretty much assume nowadays what it's going to sound like.

HORSE is actually cool with Chiodos now for some reason. around 2005-2007 they had this hilarious little feud going on. It was more like HORSE just straight up trolling Chiodos for no reason. In that period, if you went to a HORSE show and threw a Chiodos shirt up on stage, they would take it and give you a free HORSE shirt.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

the Bunt posted:

hint: it's not the name of the band that everyone is making fun of

hint: I loving know that, douche.

I was merely saying that just because a band name is three words or less and doesn't sound completely retarded (Winds of Plague is generic and uninspired, yeah, but it isn't loving stupid beyond belief like We Butter the Bread With Butter) doesn't mean they're going to be any better sounding.

I was referring to the fact that people in this thread dislike WOP regardless of how long or dumb their band name is. So it shouldn't even be a factor in choosing whether to give a band a listen or not.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Traitorous Leopard posted:

this is why we hate winds of plague shooga http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2JX9VeL7n4

I hadn't heard them before, without the cheesy synths it would probably be OK, but now it's just corny as hell.

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

elbkaida posted:

I hadn't heard them before, without the cheesy synths it would probably be OK, but now it's just corny as hell.

Well, in my opinion, the synth is the only good thing about that band. Otherwise their riffs are completely generic and uninspired, not to talk about their breakdowns.

My reasons to hate them are simple, they are overhyped, their new album is terrible (their first one was OK to me), and their singer is a utter douchebag who believes he's straight out of 8Miles.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Stupid, stupid, pointless arguments. Back to the music.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

I was referring to the fact that people in this thread dislike WOP regardless of how long or dumb their band name is. So it shouldn't even be a factor in choosing whether to give a band a listen or not.

As per norm I agree with you on your main point. The band name has nothing to do with the music said band puts out. One of my favourite bands happens to be Lower Definition and yet that's an absolutely terrible name.

[quote="Traitorous Leopard'}
This is why we hate Winds of Plague drrp drrp
[/quote]

Don't take this the wrong way (seriously), but I don't know what your point is. I actually don't know why everyone hates WOP so much in this thread, they fit in EXACTLY as all the others do.

I mean, I'm definitely not a fan, but that's because I'm not a fan of most of the music in this thread.

Wickacha
Jul 31, 2004
this is where it's at
Lately I've been digging Speak of the Devil pretty hard. Formaldehyde & Seek rocks so hard when you crank it up, these guys are too crazy! The guitars are doing some amazing stuff in what I consider to be a really tasteful, emotional way. The breakdowns are well placed and there is a considerable amount of bad rear end riffage.

Definitely worth giving a listen.

https://www.myspace.com/speakofthedevilmusic

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Business Raptor posted:

Don't take this the wrong way (seriously), but I don't know what your point is. I actually don't know why everyone hates WOP so much in this thread, they fit in EXACTLY as all the others do.

I mean, I'm definitely not a fan, but that's because I'm not a fan of most of the music in this thread.

Mostly just jumping on the hate WOP :bandwagon: bro

:shobon:

My biggest problem with that link in particular is the video. It's so loving stupid. Metal videos don't have to be serious, but if you're going for silly (which I'm not entirely sure they were doing either) don't just do stupid poo poo.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

My biggest problem with that link in particular is the video. It's so loving stupid. Metal videos don't have to be serious, but if you're going for silly (which I'm not entirely sure they were doing either) don't just do stupid poo poo.

It's a terrible video. I hate Winds of Plague. It's just that the reason I hate them is very similar to the reasons I hate a lot of bands. Just an observation, my friend. More directed at everyone, ideally.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Business Raptor posted:

As per norm I agree with you on your main point. The band name has nothing to do with the music said band puts out. One of my favourite bands happens to be Lower Definition and yet that's an absolutely terrible name.

Since you're a huge fan, can you tell me what the gently caress is going on with their "hiatus?" I've heard that they're back together, kinda, sorta, but not really. What's exactly going on?

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

deadwing posted:

Since you're a huge fan, can you tell me what the gently caress is going on with their "hiatus?" I've heard that they're back together, kinda, sorta, but not really. What's exactly going on?

They weren't together for a while, most of the band left save the lead guitarist, the vocalist, and some other one I don't remember who. I've heard they're back together, playing shows and writing new material and what not, because someone from another band (I forget which one, some fan eh?) said so.

I haven't really checked into it too much because I'm afraid it might be a hoax. I guess we'll just see then.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

Garbage Day posted:

Ask them if they wrote Rape Escape with the Prokofiev piano cadenza in mind the whole time, or did they come to the end of the song and think "hey, Prokofiev's 2nd Concerto cadenza would sound perfect here"?

Parachute
May 18, 2003

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Thirding/whatevering Integrity. Used to really jam them alot, and some bands around here went through a copycat phase

I've said it many times, and I will continue to say that Integrity's "Humanity is the Devil" is the best metalcore EP ever.

Also, this crabcore/synthy trend makes me long for the days of tough guy garbage.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Ugh, I'm getting bored of what I have atm. I need something brutal as gently caress... like on the scope of The Price of Existence but even more brutal. I need raw brutality. gently caress.

Any recommendations? :)

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

Ugh, I'm getting bored of what I have atm. I need something brutal as gently caress... like on the scope of The Price of Existence but even more brutal. I need raw brutality. gently caress.

Any recommendations? :)

The Partisan Turbine, anything by them

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Cock Soup posted:

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

e: although they're reminding me a little bit of AOAA, and I don't really like them that much :\

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 19, 2010

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Cock Soup posted:

Whoa... who are you and how do you know about them?

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

Whoa... who are you and how do you know about them?

Is it so difficult to believe someone knows about the Partisan Turbine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

It's just pretty funny because I know those guys fairly closely and didn't think anyone knew who the hell they were. The fact that people DO know is awesome, but I never expected it.