Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

maniacripper posted:

Rey also said in an interview that before the match where he lost his mask, Eddie came into the locker room and told Rey that if he changed his mind and didn't want to lose it he'd leave with him and tell WCW to gently caress off or something.

I kind of hope that Eddie was just REALLY hoping that Rey would change his mind so he'd have an excuse to say,"Well poo poo now I have to leave this terrible company!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Ready to Rumble is now on Netflix Watch Instantly in case anyone is just dying to see it again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Proof that Flair, even in his old age could wrestle a broomstick to a *** match.

HIS OPPONENT, HAILING FROM NEW YORK CITY, VINCE RUSSO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb34HzbvElA

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
God damnit, WWE. Please hire Scott Hudson.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRayPer posted:

Proof that Flair, even in his old age could wrestle a broomstick to a *** match.

Lil Naitch nearly died at the end.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

God damnit, WWE. Please hire Scott Hudson.

They did. He called one match on WCW Raw and was never heard from again.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
He showed up in TNA, famously calling the rules for King of the Mountain "quite simple, really."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Followed by 5 minutes of explaining the rules that left everyone just as confused as before.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Super Dan posted:

Ready to Rumble is now on Netflix Watch Instantly in case anyone is just dying to see it again.
I actually like that movie okay. It was better-booked than WCW was at the time and it's better than a lot of movies that come out nowadays.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

TL posted:

They did. He called one match on WCW Raw and was never heard from again.

Also a couple matches taped that week with Smackdown. I think one was on SD and one on Heat. Then they decided not to give WCW a show and they didn't need him, plus he wanted too much money I think.

I'm still waiting for Sean Mooney to show up, since he supposedly signed.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I watched wrestling pretty much from 1988-2003. When I was younger it was all about the big storylines and the top wrestlers, but when I got old enough I grew to appreciate WCW for its Cruiserweight Division and I liked both when it came to tag teams and stables. I loved the nWo and DX.

When WWE bought out ECW and WCW, it just went downhill and I started getting bored. I haven't watched wrestling in 5 or 6 years (except for Bret Hart a few weeks ago).

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MassRayPer posted:

Please tell me there's a YouTube video of the time the blood ended up completely missing Nash and Russo and instead landed on the people in the front row.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I found something better. I hope I haven't already posted this, but I don't think I have...

WAR GAMES 2000: RUSSO'S REVENGE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/hitman2010#p/u/5/Kcdlj0urAg0

I just wish when Tony said "The rules are" he followed it up with "Simple."

Since there is nothing simpler than War Games staggered entrances in a 3 tiered cage where a wrestler must retrieve the belt from the top cage and then escape to to the door in the 1st floor with the belt to win.

Sound like the lightning round of almost every Nick game show of the 80s and early 90s to anyone?

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

MassRayPer posted:

Sound like the lightning round of almost every Nick game show of the 80s and early 90s to anyone?

Slime doesn't fall on anyone so no

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dylar Addict posted:

Slime doesn't fall on anyone so no

This was WCW in 2000. Goo was falling out of the ceiling nearly every week! You also had people finding prizes in boxes, wild and crazy kids doing stunts onto crash pads, and all sorts of nuttyness!

I think I know all of Russo's secrets.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That's actually incredibly simple. Get the belt, leave with the belt. What's difficult about it? The only thing they hosed up was everything else.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

That's actually incredibly simple. Get the belt, leave with the belt. What's difficult about it? The only thing they hosed up was everything else.

No it isn't.

First of all, it involves THREE CAGES. You need to climb up the structure through three cages to get the belt. So, you've combined a cage match with a ladder match. On top of this, the second cage is full of weapons. So you've combined a weapons match, a cage match, and a ladder match.

Then you add in the War Games teams. So you've got a Team based Cage match combined with a ladder match combined with a weapons match. War Games has Royal Rumble entrances, so you have a Royal Rumble style staggered entrances in a team based triple cage/ladder/weapons match.

On top of this, the teams had to qualify for the match, and some of the matches were handi cap matches.

THAT IS loving COMPLICATED!

In its most simple form, wrestling matches are: Two Guys Fight in a ring.

In its most simple form this match is: 8 Guys who enter at different times fight while attempting to climb up three cages to get a belt and then attempt to escape with the belt.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I think you misunderstood me. I was saying the idea is incredibly stupid and the only decent idea in the whole mess is the get belt, leave with belt part.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

So, do you have to be the original person to obtain the belt or simply walk out with it? If the latter, what's to stop someone from just waiting at the bottom for the schmuck with the belt and jack him? Hell, what's the point of getting the belt if that occurs?

(Never seen the match, so I have no idea how it worked)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ChikoDemono posted:

So, do you have to be the original person to obtain the belt or simply walk out with it? If the latter, what's to stop someone from just waiting at the bottom for the schmuck with the belt and jack him? Hell, what's the point of getting the belt if that occurs?

(Never seen the match, so I have no idea how it worked)
You just explained almost exactly what happened. Watch the video.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
The best part is that there are teams, but there is one individual winner. So what the gently caress are the teams for?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

CVagts posted:

The best part is that there are teams, but there is one individual winner. So what the gently caress are the teams for?
The last Wargames before this had the same drat problem. The guy who scored the pinfall (Page) got a title shot. It was a zero-sum game, so why the teams?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

The last Wargames before this had the same drat problem. The guy who scored the pinfall (Page) got a title shot. It was a zero-sum game, so why the teams?

And now you reminded me of maybe the worst PPV main event ever. :smith:

Wargames 2000 was a prime example of the Nitro Swerve...two heels tease dissension, only to have been FAKING IT AND THEY WERE IN CAHOOTS ALL ALONG!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't feel like watching it, but is that where Goldberg speared Russo out of the cage, but Russo was holding the belt

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Captain Charisma posted:

I don't feel like watching it, but is that where Goldberg speared Russo out of the cage, but Russo was holding the belt

No, that was a straight-up cage match between Booker T. and Russo.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Captain Charisma posted:

For some reason I remember finding WCW on one night and seeing something like this. I never watched WCW so I didn't know what the gently caress.

edit: oh wait that was the triple cage i watched never mind.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Captain Charisma posted:

I thought this was the match that happened too but was surprised when it wasn't.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Pillowpants posted:

I watched wrestling pretty much from 1988-2003. When I was younger it was all about the big storylines and the top wrestlers, but when I got old enough I grew to appreciate WCW for its Cruiserweight Division and I liked both when it came to tag teams and stables. I loved the nWo and DX.

When WWE bought out ECW and WCW, it just went downhill and I started getting bored. I haven't watched wrestling in 5 or 6 years (except for Bret Hart a few weeks ago).

DX is still around (even though it's just Triple H and Michaels) and TNA is desperately trying to make the nWo relevant again even though they don't own any rights to it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CVagts posted:

TNA does this poo poo and its unbelievably retarped. Why not just book a 4 way or a melee?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I put on Raw for the first time in years the other night because my wife was interested after watching The Wrestler. Question: When did Triple H and Shawn Michaels become so insufferable? It seems all they do is pat each other on the back and wink while shilling DX merchandise. And there's green poo poo everywhere.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I put on Raw for the first time in years the other night because my wife was interested after watching The Wrestler. Question: When did Triple H and Shawn Michaels become so insufferable? It seems all they do is pat each other on the back and wink while shilling DX merchandise. And there's green poo poo everywhere.

Triple H was doing a storyline with Legacy last time he was in the title-scene and he brought back Shawn Michaels for another rehash of DX to feud with them. Once that was out the way, they went into shill-bot status and now have a pet leprechaun. Then again, this is Wrestlehut, so Triple H has been insufferable for most of this century.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRayPer posted:

No it isn't.

First of all, it involves THREE CAGES. You need to climb up the structure through three cages to get the belt. So, you've combined a cage match with a ladder match. On top of this, the second cage is full of weapons. So you've combined a weapons match, a cage match, and a ladder match.

Then you add in the War Games teams. So you've got a Team based Cage match combined with a ladder match combined with a weapons match. War Games has Royal Rumble entrances, so you have a Royal Rumble style staggered entrances in a team based triple cage/ladder/weapons match.

On top of this, the teams had to qualify for the match, and some of the matches were handi cap matches.

THAT IS loving COMPLICATED!

In its most simple form, wrestling matches are: Two Guys Fight in a ring.

In its most simple form this match is: 8 Guys who enter at different times fight while attempting to climb up three cages to get a belt and then attempt to escape with the belt.

And this was done on Nitro. Durf.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Triple H was doing a storyline with Legacy last time he was in the title-scene and he brought back Shawn Michaels for another rehash of DX to feud with them. Once that was out the way, they went into shill-bot status and now have a pet leprechaun. Then again, this is Wrestlehut, so Triple H has been insufferable for most of this century.

Also keep in mind that DX has been main eventing RAW for about the past two or three months while the WWE title receives second booking to the Tag Team Titles.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

MassRayPer posted:

I found something better. I hope I haven't already posted this, but I don't think I have...

WAR GAMES 2000: RUSSO'S REVENGE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/hitman2010#p/u/5/Kcdlj0urAg0

I just wish when Tony said "The rules are" he followed it up with "Simple."

Since there is nothing simpler than War Games staggered entrances in a 3 tiered cage where a wrestler must retrieve the belt from the top cage and then escape to to the door in the 1st floor with the belt to win.

Why even have this match if Nash was already champion and all that happened in this match is that they all worked together to keep Nash champion?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Strawberry Panda posted:

Why even have this match if Nash was already champion and all that happened in this match is that they all worked together to keep Nash champion?
Johnny, tell him what he's won!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

LividLiquid posted:

Johnny, tell him what he's won!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

This joke will never, ever get old.

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

Out of everything that happened in WCW, this picture is the best thing.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Critical posted:

This joke will never, ever get old.

This joke, and the "Repeating YOU FORGOT YOUR SCISSORS" joke are forum jokes I laugh at every time it comes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I SAID DID YOU FOR FORGET YOUR SCISSORS, NEODOOMIUM?!

Still gets me too.