Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

trans fat posted:

So... ironic... the irony... is... killing me...

It's a decent mix technically, it's just sort of uninteresting to me.

ah yes, the throwing around of the term "ironic". couldn't be that any legitimately likes this stuff or nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

Threatis posted:

ah yes, the throwing around of the term "ironic". couldn't be that any legitimately likes this stuff or nothing.

Was referring to you, Goon Sire Wolf Shirt.

e: The mix gets better as time goes on.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

trans fat posted:

Was referring to you, Goon Sire Wolf Shirt.

e: The mix gets better as time goes on.

oh yeah an on top of that I'm wear SB Dunks, my eyesight is perfect, that beer I'm drinking is the pabst of canada and i probably was doing a ton of yayo that night.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
that so shifty track is big

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

Threatis posted:

oh yeah an on top of that I'm wear SB Dunks, my eyesight is perfect, that beer I'm drinking is the pabst of canada and i probably was doing a ton of yayo that night.

Lol what kinda dunks?

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

melee beats posted:

Lol what kinda dunks?

probably the toxic avenger ones.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

That Kuts Surfs Up remix is so good. The Get U Home remix is also a really great/fun track.

Diggin this mix a lot so far.

Fake edit: just got to the Amanda Blank/Ke$ha track. gently caress.

Radio Spiricom fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 25, 2010

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!

Threatis posted:

that beer I'm drinking is the pabst of canada

I thought you enjoyed vodka!

good mix

Regression
Nov 7, 2009

Kerk posted:

Just threw together a classic house mix with some nu-disco stuff at the end. Let me know what you think!

http://www.mediafire.com/?w2juykkmdmq

1. Starlight - Supermen Lovers
2. Black Sugar - Bustafunk
3. Chillin(Buffalo Bunch Remix) - Modjo
4. If I Ever Feel Better(Buffalo Bunch Remix) - Phoenix
5. Don't Go - Pizique
6. Take Me Higher - Rogerseventytwo
7. Off the Wall(Azuli Rework Edit) - Sebastien Leger
8. Little L(Bob Sinclair Remix) - Jamiroquai
9. Give My Love a Try(Leon Du Star Remix) - Hugo Van Dyck
10. Your Eyes(Leonardus ReEdit) - Leonardus
11. Closer to Me - Quinten 909
12. Distant Lovers(Leonardus Remix) - Louis La Roche

Thanks for this, I enjoyed it, it my own newbish way! Do you mix stuff that is slightly less dancy/disco-y, a bit slower and more atmospheric?

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

dailydares posted:

Fake edit: just got to the Amanda Blank/Ke$ha track. gently caress.

that good or bad?

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

Threatis posted:

that good or bad?

been listenin to your mix on repeat all morning while playin xbox. lovin it

except that LMFAO song that poo poo sux

trill ass fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 25, 2010

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Threatis posted:

that good or bad?

Good. Very good.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

yeah, it was in one of the record pools im in and was buried. this last month was a poo poo month for new music though. everyone is doing either dubstep or stupid loving progressive now.

Psychedelic
Jul 31, 2009

Is this bloghousey? or just really goony?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeLCQEpJtks

Stravinskus
Feb 19, 2008

Psychedelic posted:

Is this bloghousey? or just really goony?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeLCQEpJtks

"Just really goony" is kind of an understatement.

Deafboy
Dec 5, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.beatport.com/artist/dreamthief

I made it on beatport today! YES! happy white guy dance!

here's a free mix to download just for checking out my original...

Tualek
May 28, 2006
Small Body

Threatis posted:

xpostin' everywhere!

Welcome to "Graham Get's Off His rear end And Record's A Mix" Day!

Everything about that picture is so gloriously Canadian + Dunks

EDIT: Sammy Bananas this Saturday in Brooklyn pumped

Tualek fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 26, 2010

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Top Billin Remix of So Shifty - Clap

http://topbillinmusic.com/2010/01/26/so-shifty-clap-top-billin-remix/

this is a fuckin heater.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Came in to post that. I am so down with Top Billin remixing Shifty.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Phase 1 Line-up

Friday, March 26
TIËSTO, SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA, ERIC PRYDZ, PASSION PIT, THE CRYSTAL METHOD LIVE, THE DISCO BISCUITS, CARL COX, DIRTY SOUTH, WILL.I.AM, RABBIT IN THE MOON, INFECTED MUSHROOM, PLUMP DJS, FELIX DA HOUSECAT, PRETTY LIGHTS, ADAM FREELAND, GREEN VELVET, ALEX METRIC, LOTUS, UBERZONE VS. BASSBIN TWINS, DAN BLACK, EVIL NINE, KEVENS and AFROBETA

Saturday, March 27
DEADMAU5, GROOVE ARMADA LIVE, CARL COX, FAITHLESS SOUND SYSTEM LIVE, ARMIN VAN BUUREN, ABOVE & BEYOND, CROOKERS, BLOODY BEETROOTS LIVE, GHOSTLAND OBSERVATORY, MAJOR LAZER, BASSNECTAR, STEVE AOKI, ATB, GLITCH MOB, DIPLO, LTJ BUKEM, A-TRAK, RUSKO, BANGA, SKREAM, CASPA, and TODDLA T.

-----------------------------------------------------

Pretty common info at this point, but I haven't seen any posts thus far. Line-up is looking pretty awesome so far. I get the fliers to hand out for "Phase 2" next week, so I'll post up the rest of the line-up before it goes on their website!

Really excited to see The Bloody Beetroots again, Plump DJ's and Alex Metric is hopefully going to put on the show I'd expect him to.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
Why does Miami have to be all the way on the other side of the goddamn country :argh: it's just not fair.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Mr Viper posted:

Why does Miami have to be all the way on the other side of the goddamn country :argh: it's just not fair.

man, i can only count like, 5, 6 tops acts there i'd ever wanna see

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

There's an EXTREMELY slight chance I might be going to Ultra this year, but I have to say I agree with you, Threatis. Never seen Diplo, Major Lazer or Skream yet though so would catch them for sure, Green Velvet is probably going to be great, and Carl Cox is a legend... eh, if I do go I'm sure I'll cheese it up, more fun dancing to trance or whatever than standing around whining about the music. Looking forward to hearing stage 2 of the lineup though.

*edit* Whoops, forgot A-Trak and the Bassbin Twins!!

kundalini rinsing fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 26, 2010

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

etard knievel posted:

There's an EXTREMELY slight chance I might be going to Ultra this year, but I have to say I agree with you, Threatis. Never seen Diplo, Major Lazer or Skream yet though so would catch them for sure, Green Velvet is probably going to be great, and Carl Cox is a legend... eh, if I do go I'm sure I'll cheese it up, more fun dancing to trance or whatever than standing around whining about the music. Looking forward to hearing stage 2 of the lineup though.

dude, i know i stan over diplo all the time, but i cant even font, he is one of the best live dj's to see. so much fun.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Threatis posted:

man, i can only count like, 5, 6 tops acts there i'd ever wanna see

quote:

Friday, March 26
TIËSTO, SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA, ERIC PRYDZ, PASSION PIT, THE CRYSTAL METHOD LIVE, THE DISCO BISCUITS, CARL COX, DIRTY SOUTH, WILL.I.AM, RABBIT IN THE MOON, INFECTED MUSHROOM, PLUMP DJS, FELIX DA HOUSECAT, PRETTY LIGHTS, ADAM FREELAND, GREEN VELVET, ALEX METRIC, LOTUS, UBERZONE VS. BASSBIN TWINS, DAN BLACK, EVIL NINE, KEVENS and AFROBETA

Saturday, March 27
DEADMAU5, GROOVE ARMADA LIVE, CARL COX, FAITHLESS SOUND SYSTEM LIVE, ARMIN VAN BUUREN, ABOVE & BEYOND, CROOKERS, BLOODY BEETROOTS LIVE, GHOSTLAND OBSERVATORY, MAJOR LAZER, BASSNECTAR, STEVE AOKI, ATB, GLITCH MOB, DIPLO, LTJ BUKEM, A-TRAK, RUSKO, BANGA, SKREAM, CASPA, and TODDLA T.

Dude, there are so many classic artists (Eric Prydz, Carl Cox, Infected Mushroom, Rabbit in the Moon, Crystal Method) mixed with so many great current artists (Major Lazer, A-Track, Crookers, Deadmau5) that I wouldn't stop being entertained. poo poo, I'd pay that much just for Carl Cox and Eric Prydz alone.

edit: Diplo's the poo poo, even when I saw him play an entire set with Lil Jon screamin "YEAYUH" "WHHHHHAT" "OHKAY" the whole drat time

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Passion Pit is a hilariously random band to have.

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

Mr Viper posted:

Dude, there are so many classic artists (Eric Prydz, Carl Cox, Infected Mushroom, Rabbit in the Moon, Crystal Method) mixed with so many great current artists (Major Lazer, A-Track, Crookers, Deadmau5) that I wouldn't stop being entertained. poo poo, I'd pay that much just for Carl Cox and Eric Prydz alone.

edit: Diplo's the poo poo, even when I saw him play an entire set with Lil Jon screamin "YEAYUH" "WHHHHHAT" "OHKAY" the whole drat time

Dude, if you're a big Erik Prydz fan then don't miss the Swedish House Mafia - it's him along with Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso and Steve Angello who are probably the best names to make that kind of house for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr-6IIG7AnQ

*edit: yep ^*

kundalini rinsing fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 26, 2010

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

etard knievel posted:

Dude, if you're a big Erik Prydz fan then don't miss the Swedish House Mafia - it's him along with Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso and Steve Angello who are probably the best names to make that kind of house for sure

Funny you mention them -- Steve Angello is playing here next week, and I was considering going to the show, but I'm not really familiar with his "beats". Got any good song / mix recommendation of his?

edit: currently listening to Eric Prydz' Jan 1 2010 Essential Mix, it's loving stunning

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Mr Viper posted:

hahaha Eric Prydz is on par with Carl Cox now?

like, i'd be down with the whole Mad Decent fam thats there, Green Velvet, and a few others, and Cox if it was 1996 again (funnily enough, the last time i saw him).

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Mr Viper posted:

Funny you mention them -- Steve Angello is playing here next week, and I was considering going to the show, but I'm not really familiar with his "beats". Got any good song / mix recommendation of his?

edit: currently listening to Eric Prydz' Jan 1 2010 Essential Mix, it's loving stunning

Christ Almighty will I ever get tired of "WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS!"?

Just found out I can't make Ultra this year due to finances. The trip was going to cost upwards of $600 for tix+hotel alone, and I live in Florida. Sad.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Caseman posted:

Just found out I can't make Ultra this year due to finances. The trip was going to cost upwards of $600 for tix+hotel alone, and I live in Florida. Sad.

oh my god I know, it's even more annoying cuz this New Years Eve essential mix has Justice on it, and of course they blast that song. Too bad about Ultra, maybe thing's will turn around before the show!

Speaking of which, are any of you guys still into Justice? I loved their music, then I saw them live (twice) and was incredibly disappointed (twice), and now I just really don't care about seeing them live anymore. Plus, their fuckin' french attitude is kind of annoying

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Caseman posted:

check the Tim Dolla remix.

http://www.thefader.com/2009/05/11/freeload-dj-tim-dolla-we-are-ur-friends/

The Brick Bandits loving own so god drat much.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

you know what, gently caress this. i'm making another mix tonight.

Peacebone
Sep 6, 2007
New Justice single apparently

http://gorillavsbear.blogspot.com/2010/01/mp3-justice-beginning-of-end.html

Sounds like typical Justice but track didn't really do anything for me

EDIT: Track is a fake!

Peacebone fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 27, 2010

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Peacebone posted:

Made my night. Sounds like Justice. Sometimes it's nice to have a little more of the same, when the same is really loving good.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Peacebone posted:

this is actually kinda nice. i'll never play it out in this form (chopped up remix, maybe), but I gotta agree with Caseman, sometimes just getting better at what you do is better than trying to rewrite the book every release.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
To make another note about Ultra Music Festival. The line-up I posted is one of THREE line-ups. Of the last four years I've gone, three of the years I've been hesitant on going because only a few of the main DJ's I cared for and I've been surprised every year.

You can expect to see the majority of the industry in Miami that week, if not for Ultra then definitely for the Conference. Last year I saw the Bloody Beetroots and Benassi (not to say seeing them specifically was important in any way) play almost three times in one week (aside from at Ultra) just by making a random guest appearance at a WMC venue.

Winter Music Conference will always be a memorable and worthwhile experience for the whole scene. If you have the opportunity or think you might have a chance to attend, don't think twice, you won't be disappointed. :worship:

Mr Viper posted:

HARD with Boys Noize in L.A.?

Dono fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 27, 2010

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
If anyone here goes to Ultra and sees the Glitch Mob, requesting a trip report please

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Dono posted:

To make another note about Ultra Music Festival. The line-up I posted is one of THREE line-ups. Of the last four years I've gone, three of the years I've been hesitant on going because only a few of the main DJ's I cared for and I've been surprised every year.

You can expect to see the majority of the industry in Miami that week, if not for Ultra then definitely for the Conference. Last year I saw the Bloody Beetroots and Benassi (not to say seeing them specifically was important in any way) play almost three times in one week (aside from at Ultra) just by making a random guest appearance at a WMC venue.

Winter Music Conference will always be a memorable and worthwhile experience for the whole scene. If you have the opportunity or think you might have a chance to attend, don't think twice, you won't be disappointed. :worship:

HARD with Boys Noize in L.A.?

i made a promise this year that next year is my year to go to the conference. gotta hit it once before im 30, so next year is my last chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

Passion Pit is a hilariously random band to have.

eh not really they're pretty much the most dancy indiepop band around

as far as the justice single, it's okay, just kind of low-key compared to justice's past singles. then again, with the daft punk fake song the other day, I wouldn't be surprised if this were another ripoff