Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubistK2
Sep 14, 2008

Peacebone posted:

New Justice single apparently

http://gorillavsbear.blogspot.com/2010/01/mp3-justice-beginning-of-end.html

Sounds like typical Justice but track didn't really do anything for me

I was kind of hoping for more, but it's passable. Theres a real juicy bit toward the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Dono posted:

HARD with Boys Noize in L.A.?

That was it! Unbelievable night, especially because of this

Mr Viper fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 27, 2010

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

Mr Viper posted:

Haha yea it was, the only video I have from it when I was there is from Erol Alkan. My girlfriend at the time took this video.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Threatis posted:

i made a promise this year that next year is my year to go to the conference. gotta hit it once before im 30, so next year is my last chance.

Every Canadian has to come to Florida eventually.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Caseman posted:

Every Canadian has to come to Florida eventually.

been there a few times, just never for WMC.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Mr Viper posted:

Funny you mention them -- Steve Angello is playing here next week, and I was considering going to the show, but I'm not really familiar with his "beats". Got any good song / mix recommendation of his?

edit: currently listening to Eric Prydz' Jan 1 2010 Essential Mix, it's loving stunning

I saw Angello on Saturday and he loving tore the place up. He played One More Time/Lady back to back and I was loving cracking up, but he managed to pull it off somehow. He also stops the music a lot to talk to the crowd, and he's half deaf so the stage monitors are loving LOUD, but every DJ has his quirks I suppose. If you're enjoying the Eric Prydz mix, I highly recommend it. Lots of energy and great taste. Swedish house mafia ownz.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Mr Viper posted:

Why does Miami have to be all the way on the other side of the goddamn country :argh: it's just not fair.

We get 4 hard festivals (police pending) and a coachella a year. We're ok, all things considered.

Digged that new justice track and can't wait to see what they got coming this year.

Molotov Yogurt
Nov 29, 2000

buff man riddim
pitchfork posted a track from the new a-trak mixtape, the follow up to dirty south dance, which i loved.

http://pitchfork.com/forkcast/13792-loonies-to-blow/

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Well I got the Justice track in my website email from promo@edbangerrecords.com so I would like to believe it is real. It didn't get bounced by my spam filter so it must actually be from there. If it is not real someone went through a lot of trouble to fake it and make it available.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Molotov Yogurt posted:

pitchfork posted a track from the new a-trak mixtape, the follow up to dirty south dance, which i loved.

Alain is killing it right now, and this track is gonna explode.

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992

Threatis posted:

Alain is killing it right now, and this track is gonna explode.

This is such a sick track, I absolutely hated the vocals on Toyfriend but loved the instrumentals. This is perfect!

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Molotov Yogurt posted:

whooooa poo poo them's some fat beats

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
The new Justice track is great, it'd be better if it were two or three minutes longer though..

vossi
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderpig. Spiderpig.
I hope this is the real thing not like the "we kids" fake-justice track few months ago because I really like it!

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Not really the right thread, and may have been mentioned before: I just got the new Tiesto track promo sent to me. It's loving terrible, as expected, but the video is pure gold. He looks so awkward.

vossi
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderpig. Spiderpig.

vossi posted:

I hope this is the real thing not like the "we kids" fake-justice track few months ago because I really like it!

http://www.grandcrew.com/editorial/justice-beginning-of-the-end-ed-banger

so much for that.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Well it was executed a lot better then the recent DP fake efforts.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Well, that's disappointing. What the hell is the point of that?

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Molotov Yogurt posted:

As soon as I heard this song, I recognized the beat. On David Guetta's One Love.

David Guetta & Afrojack Feat. Wynter Gordon - Toyfriend

So did Guetta sample from A-Trak or the other way around? Not that it matters that much, just curious.

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992

Boywunda posted:

As soon as I heard this song, I recognized the beat. On David Guetta's One Love.

So did Guetta sample from A-Trak or the other way around? Not that it matters that much, just curious.

Pretty sure its just a mash up.

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

Boywunda posted:

A-Trak's dirty south dance was just big dance songs with big rap acapellas on them. No one sampled anyone, its more like a mixtape.

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992
New Breakbot anyone? Been waiting for his new EP for a while and its finally here! Im definitely picking this up on Valentines Day.

The single, Baby Im Yours, is incredibly catchy and with a remix by Siriusmo, you cant go wrong.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

incoherent posted:

We get 4 hard festivals (police pending) and a coachella a year. We're ok, all things considered.
And, you know, the most vibrant scene outside of New York (u even own San Francisco) but if all you're down for is corporate massives, then you're still are spoiled for choice (way more than just Hard & Coachella).

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

Peacebone posted:

New Justice single apparently

http://gorillavsbear.blogspot.com/2010/01/mp3-justice-beginning-of-end.html

Sounds like typical Justice but track didn't really do anything for me

turns out that isn't actually Justice. the same site updated said it was fake. shows how hard it is to sound like fake Daft Punk.

Tualek
May 28, 2006
Small Body

Kerk posted:

New Breakbot anyone? Been waiting for his new EP for a while and its finally here! Im definitely picking this up on Valentines Day.

The single, Baby Im Yours, is incredibly catchy and with a remix by Siriusmo, you cant go wrong.
He's going to be at Ed Banger's 7th Anniversary and I loving excited to see him. I've been getting down to his remix of Yuksek's "Extraball" at least once or twice a day for the past 2 weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39kQ8WXXJVI

fuuuuunky as hell

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992

Tualek posted:

He's going to be at Ed Banger's 7th Anniversary and I loving excited to see him. I've been getting down to his remix of Yuksek's "Extraball" at least once or twice a day for the past 2 weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39kQ8WXXJVI

fuuuuunky as hell

Cant wait to see him and the rest of the crew at Terminal 5. Going to be an epic show.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Caseman posted:

Well, that's disappointing. What the hell is the point of that?

Someone went out of their way for a ego boost.

Tualek
May 28, 2006
Small Body

Kerk posted:

Cant wait to see him and the rest of the crew at Terminal 5. Going to be an epic show.
Are you going to the After Party? Feadz and SebastiAN at Webster tickets are like 25 bucks...I figure if I'm making the trip to New York might as well make the most of it...aslo I really want to hear Threnody live, ha.

Mr Viper posted:

That's awesome. Especially the Skeleton light up gloves, ha (techno-bro necessity)

Might make it out to HARD with Fake Blood, Boy 8-bit, and Jack Beats

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Slackerish posted:

Someone went out of their way to get press and to have people enjoy their song.

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop
it was me.

eeboweebo
Nov 17, 2005

Behold Duke Nukem
And die a painful death
Hail to the King, baby.
The worst part is that the beat for the fake Justice track is from Planisphere.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

ManoliIsFat posted:

because god-forbid they do it the old-fashioned way, through hard-work! No, it's much better to go ahead and pretend you're another band instead of using that effort to promote their own poo poo. anyone who needs to assume the identity of another loving artist to get publicity is a hack and talent or not shouldn't be recognized positively at all.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Slackerish posted:

because god-forbid they do it the old-fashioned way, through hard-work! No, it's much better to go ahead and pretend you're another band instead of using that effort to promote their own poo poo. anyone who needs to assume the identity of another loving artist to get publicity is a hack and talent or not shouldn't be recognized positively at all.
We're talking about someone making a Justice-sounding track. Not exactly hard work. Do you listen to a lot of electronic music (I'm guessing not ure a deadmau5 fan)? This isn't that odd. Only in the rockstar world of bloghouse could this be seen as an afront to common decency. Just because you're a teenager with way too much invested in your idols doesn't mean the guy who made that track isn't putting his work in or deserves your ire.

Just because HypeM blew up because of it doesn't mean you have to be so angry. Its exactly the same as kids who put their band mp3s on Napster and said they were Blink 182 for more downloads. It doesn't mean you've got to denounce them and act like this is the ethical transgression of the decade. People got punked; it's very, VERY funny. Nothing more than that

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I mean, you liked that track when you thought it was Justice, but now you're all mad. You shouldn't be mad the dude who made that track betrayed you, you should be angry with yourself for not still liking it. You should be disappointed with yourself for not laughing because a bedroom producer pulled one over on you.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

ManoliIsFat posted:

We're talking about someone making a Justice-sounding track. Not exactly hard work. Do you listen to a lot of electronic music (I'm guessing not ure a deadmau5 fan)? This isn't that odd. Only in the rockstar world of bloghouse could this be seen as an afront to common decency. Just because you're a teenager with way too much invested in your idols doesn't mean the guy who made that track isn't putting his work in or deserves your ire.

Just because HypeM blew up because of it doesn't mean you have to be so angry. Its exactly the same as kids who put their band mp3s on Napster and said they were Blink 182 for more downloads. It doesn't mean you've got to denounce them and act like this is the ethical transgression of the decade. People got punked; it's very, VERY funny. Nothing more than that

Is it talented or is it funny? Make up your mind. Also, you listen to dubstep, you don't really have much of a place to talk about my music tastes.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Slackerish posted:

Is it talented or is it funny? Make up your mind. Also, you listen to dubstep, you don't really have much of a place to talk about my music tastes.

do you know how dumb you sound right now?

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Vernacular posted:

do you know how dumb you sound right now?

As dumb as a technophile who browses blogs all day and manages to make even electronic music pretentious? Oh wait...

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Slackerish posted:

It's both! I mean, jesus christ homie, you make fun of guidios but everything you have ever said, in this thread and the previous one, obviously comes from the mind of worst type of newjack candy kid. You may as well be a desert trance fan with the way you act.

And when you diss dubstep you're dissing nobody but yourself and your limited conception of it.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

ManoliIsFat posted:

I mean, you liked that track when you thought it was Justice, but now you're all mad. You shouldn't be mad the dude who made that track betrayed you, you should be angry with yourself for not still liking it. You should be disappointed with yourself for not laughing because a bedroom producer pulled one over on you.

I still think it's a good track. Which is why I wish the guy would have just taken his own credit for it instead of claimed to be somebody else. I'm not some Justice-fag who is going to lose sleep over the matter, but whether it's techno or alternative or loving Miley Cyrus, I still believe in artistic integrity. If you have a problem with that, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelic
Jul 31, 2009

Everybody likes dubstep
(they just don't know it yet)
:ssh: