Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Does anyone know anyway I can get in touch with anyone currently living at C Squat or anyone who has lived at C Squat previously? My friends are making a documentary about the house and they need to talk to someone about filming there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backup Snacks
Jan 27, 2006

WHO THE FUCK TOLD ME NOT TO SPOKE?
http://www.avclub.com/chicago/articles/capn-jazz-reuniting-friday-night-at-empty-bottle,37377/

fuuuuuuck :( Maybe if I get on a plane right now..

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
So there are now more hosed Up diss tracks:
http://www.viceland.com/blogs/en/2010/01/21/sonic-youth-vs-hosed-up/

And they make me want to hear a hosed Up UK82 side project.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Swarthy Libations posted:

I-Spy are awesome.

Thanks for this. Are there any other bands that fit into the Propagandhi/I-spy mould? These bands do not necessarily need to contain Todd, but if they do I would not be upset.

I haven't seen any mention of Pour Habit, saw these guys open for NOFX/Bad Religion last year and I've had their album "Suiticide" on regular repeat since. Very fast, almost metal drumming but it adds to the overall energy of the tracks.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
welp, I should have listened to the new Blacklisted in 2009 because holy hell does it rule

gently caress the haters, change is good

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Backup Snacks posted:

http://www.avclub.com/chicago/articles/capn-jazz-reuniting-friday-night-at-empty-bottle,37377/

fuuuuuuck :( Maybe if I get on a plane right now..

Honestly. I hate everyone going to that show.

Parachute Underwear posted:

welp, I should have listened to the new Blacklisted in 2009 because holy hell does it rule

gently caress the haters, change is good

It reminds me of nu-metal.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Sorting through all of my records to get rid of a ton and I actually listened to a Blacklisted 7" tonight. Don't think I'll ever be able to get into that band.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

ManifoldCuriosity posted:

It reminds me of nu-metal.

Did we listen to the same record?

rivals: Heavier than Heaven, Lonelier than God is the best way to get into them.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
Were unstoppable is the only Blacklisted album I can tolerate.

Rivals, post what youre going to try to get rid of, I know you probably have something I want.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah I have that one too (Heavier Than Heaven...). It's alright I just never really got why so many people are really into them. I will say that I LOVE them live. Every time I've seen them the singer wore a Cat Power shirt and one time he started singing "I Don't Blame You" in the middle of a set. I think I was the only person who knew the song.

But yeah I have a LOT of sorting to do. I had about 1200 records but sold a bunch over the last year and didn't keep track of what I sold. So now I'm going through what's left and deleting the poo poo I sold while marking everything else as keeping or selling. Currently on Ceremony 7"s hahaha.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

rivals posted:

Yeah I have that one too (Heavier Than Heaven...). It's alright I just never really got why so many people are really into them. I will say that I LOVE them live. Every time I've seen them the singer wore a Cat Power shirt and one time he started singing "I Don't Blame You" in the middle of a set. I think I was the only person who knew the song.

But yeah I have a LOT of sorting to do. I had about 1200 records but sold a bunch over the last year and didn't keep track of what I sold. So now I'm going through what's left and deleting the poo poo I sold while marking everything else as keeping or selling. Currently on Ceremony 7"s hahaha.

If you're looking to sell any hosed Up 7"s, I've got a little bit of a collection going...

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Never got into them, sorry dude :(

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
Meh, no biggie. I've got a lot of their later stuff, it's earlier 7" I'm looking for, I kind of figured you for one of those people who loved everything released before Hidden World. Most of the records I need are "sold at one or two shows only" sort of deals anyway.

Post a copy of what you're looking to get rid of, I'd probably want one or two things.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

You know, I've never actually listened to hosed Up really. I may have heard a track here and there but I never really got around to really giving them a chance. I think part of it was seeing their vinyl catalog being huge (IIRC they have a ton of 7"s) and not really knowing where to start.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

rivals posted:

You know, I've never actually listened to hosed Up really. I may have heard a track here and there but I never really got around to really giving them a chance. I think part of it was seeing their vinyl catalog being huge (IIRC they have a ton of 7"s) and not really knowing where to start.

Yeah, their discography is starting to approach 100 releases (in 8 years...), it can be sort of intimidating.

Begin with any of the singles collections:
Epics In Minutes
Couple of Tracks (out Tuesday on Matador, I think)
1st Compilation tape (Trujaca Fala, a Polish label, still presses this. They are nice guys and the price is very reasonable, also different from the 1st mixtape)
Let Likes Be Cured By Likes (one of their first releases, it's a live recording that's like 10 tracks long)

If you want my honest opinion, The 1st Compilation Tape is my favorite one. Not only does it include essential tracks not on Epics In Minutes (Teenage Problems, No Parasan, The Black Rats), but some really good unreleased (as far as I'm concerned) track as well. It's hard to find unless you order it from Trujaca Fala though).

then listen to Hidden World. Don't start with HW, it's a daunting first listen, since all the tracks average out to be like 6 minutes each.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

baberaham lincoln posted:

Yeah, their discography is starting to approach 100 releases (in 8 years...), it can be sort of intimidating.

Begin with any of the singles collections:
Epics In Minutes
Couple of Tracks (out Tuesday on Matador, I think)
1st Compilation tape (Trujaca Fala, a Polish label, still presses this. They are nice guys and the price is very reasonable, also different from the 1st mixtape)
Let Likes Be Cured By Likes (one of their first releases, it's a live recording that's like 10 tracks long)

If you want my honest opinion, The 1st Compilation Tape is my favorite one. Not only does it include essential tracks not on Epics In Minutes (Teenage Problems, No Parasan, The Black Rats), but some really good unreleased (as far as I'm concerned) track as well. It's hard to find unless you order it from Trujaca Fala though).

then listen to Hidden World. Don't start with HW, it's a daunting first listen, since all the tracks average out to be like 6 minutes each.
:eng101:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Sugar Blaster posted:

Dine, Dine My Darling is a KILLER track. The album itself is thoroughly mediocre. The trumpet solo in lead poisoning is so hilariously awkward and out-of-place.

I've got the collector's bundled ordered through Kings road merch simply because I've got all their original vinyls so I wanted all three colors for This Addiction. I'm waiting until I actually get my copy to listen to it. Honestly, as long as it's better than Agony and Irony I'll be okay with it. Aside from Help Me (more about my obsession with Joy Division than anything else) I really didn't like it much at all.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

baberaham lincoln posted:

Awesome, thanks! I'll definitely start checking into that.

Swarthy Libations
Oct 21, 2008

It'll make a whisper out of you.

RandomCheese posted:

Thanks for this. Are there any other bands that fit into the Propagandhi/I-spy mould? These bands do not necessarily need to contain Todd, but if they do I would not be upset.

I haven't seen any mention of Pour Habit, saw these guys open for NOFX/Bad Religion last year and I've had their album "Suiticide" on regular repeat since. Very fast, almost metal drumming but it adds to the overall energy of the tracks.

No problem. I was amped to find it, thought I'd share.

You might like Crimpshrine, Fifteen, Born Against, or Grimple

I haven't listened to a lot of this stuff for a long time. Such good music. :)

Edit: These guys are pretty good too. Backside

Swarthy Libations fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jan 25, 2010

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
in terms of hosed up singles collections my personal favorite is the one HG Fact put out for their japanese tour. it's epics in minutes but amended with the dangerous fumes 7".

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Your Weird Uncle posted:

in terms of hosed up singles collections my personal favorite is the one HG Fact put out for their japanese tour. it's epics in minutes but amended with the dangerous fumes 7".

yeah, I was going to put that one up there, but it costs like 20 dollars plus shipping to get from Japan. It also has the full generation 7" and the Triumph of life 7". But, I don't think it has any of the early demos...

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
hosed up is awesome because if you get their rare records you can sell them for a ton of money. i got a copy of their split with hard skin when i was in austin 2 summers ago and made 40 bucks profit on it!

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
I considered never opening my copy of ChemCom on reel-to-reel but I ripped it into FLAC in my college's media basement before the real thing came out instead :)

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009
i am listening to the new hosed up album right now. its pretty good. i thought i had all of their music as digital files, but there are a couple tracks i dont have.

also tonight i saw AFI with Ceremony. it was pretty cool. AFI played 95% new songs, and no one was really into ceremony. plus they had a barrier. anyone else see this current tour?

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

OjaiYoda posted:

also tonight i saw AFI with Ceremony. it was pretty cool. AFI played 95% new songs, and no one was really into ceremony. plus they had a barrier. anyone else see this current tour?

How was afi playing new songs and ceremony with a barrier cool at all?

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

OjaiYoda posted:

i am listening to the new hosed up album right now. its pretty good. i thought i had all of their music as digital files, but there are a couple tracks i dont have.

Their was a :files: torrent floating around the internet that had ALL of their stuff up until Year Of The Pig collected. It's pretty sweet. Both of the Mix Tapes, all the old demos, and even some live bootlegs.

I REALLY want them to re-release the Looking For Gold LP. That thing RULES.

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009

Pantalones! posted:

they played file 13 which was cool, but nothing off of shut your mouth. :(
ceremony with a barrier was pointless. plus ceremony had big time slot so it felt watered down. plus 90% of the people up front were up front to secure their spots for afi.

FiveStoriesFall
Feb 26, 2004

Swarthy Libations posted:

No problem. I was amped to find it, thought I'd share.

You might like Crimpshrine, Fifteen, Born Against, or Grimple

I haven't listened to a lot of this stuff for a long time. Such good music. :)

Edit: These guys are pretty good too. Backside

Have you checked out any of Jeff Ott's solo stuff? It's really silly.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pantalones! posted:

I went to like, 6 or 7 of their shows with Gallows (who I absolutely loved) and the way most of their shows worked was they would play 2 or 3 random old songs every show. At Hartford they played Don't Make me Ill and No Poetic Device. Jersey had Love is a many splendored thing Ever and A Day.

I don't know, AFI is one of those bands that I'll always go see. I didn't hate Crash Love as much as most people I know (but I wasn't really in love with it).

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

FiveStoriesFall posted:

Have you checked out any of Jeff Ott's solo stuff? It's really silly.

Seriously. He's super preachy live too. One of the most awkward shows I've ever been to.

FiveStoriesFall
Feb 26, 2004

gerfatty posted:

Seriously. He's super preachy live too. One of the most awkward shows I've ever been to.

Consider me jealous! I've always wanted to see Fifteen live, but never got the chance. I have their live CD (Allegra) and the in between song commentary cracks me up.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

FiveStoriesFall posted:

Consider me jealous! I've always wanted to see Fifteen live, but never got the chance. I have their live CD (Allegra) and the in between song commentary cracks me up.

Trust me dude, don't be jealous. He's really awful. He handed out a pamphlet full of middle school anarchist rhetoric and just played songs with the lyrics directly out of the pamphlet. Only played a couple Fifteen songs.

FiveStoriesFall
Feb 26, 2004

gerfatty posted:

Trust me dude, don't be jealous. He's really awful. He handed out a pamphlet full of middle school anarchist rhetoric and just played songs with the lyrics directly out of the pamphlet. Only played a couple Fifteen songs.

Well that's a bummer. To tell you the truth I'm surprised he is still around making music.

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump
Discharge is playing Warped Tour dates in California...............

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

Phillyt posted:

Satan: "Jesus Christ....was that a snow flake?"

Boy, I sure hope they play after Motion City Soundtrack :doh:

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Phillyt posted:

What the poo poo?

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump
I really want to hear a statement from the band. Does anyone have any information on it?

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

I got a flyer when I was in Japan for a Discharge/GBH/Exploited show in Osaka where Framtid, Warhead and AI were the opening bands. I was totally cracking up at the thought of the three opening bands being wayyyy better than any of those British bands have been in many years.

Also, it's not Discharge without Cal.

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

ChaosNonMusica posted:

I got a flyer when I was in Japan for a Discharge/GBH/Exploited show in Osaka where Framtid, Warhead and AI were the opening bands. I was totally cracking up at the thought of the three opening bands being wayyyy better than any of those British bands have been in many years.

Also, it's not Discharge without Cal.

Oh yea, that's where some of the dudes in D-Clone got their jackets signed.

Edit: Kind of surreal to see a Chaos Non Musica fan posting in SA... Speaking of which, did you see Morpheme is now playing Chaos in Tejas? I definitely am going as I've only seen Morpheme once but they are truly an amazing band that only comes so rarely.

Phillyt fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009
Anyone want to trade records?
http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/OjaiYoda