Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silica quartz sand
Jan 25, 2008
That's it! Thank you very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry of this has been asked and I think it's a long-shot because there are no words, but I am looking for a song that was smack in the middle of the season finale of Sons of Anarchy. I think it might be just ambient music composed for the show, but if not I'd like to know because it was pretty catchy. I have asked this question on specific boards for the show and most of the people think I am asking about the Rolling Stones cover or whatever else.

It plays at the halfway mark of the episode basically, when Jax enters the clubhouse after offing Rollins' character.

Like I said, it's a long-shot, but worth asking about.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

march_of_flames posted:

Sorry of this has been asked and I think it's a long-shot because there are no words, but I am looking for a song that was smack in the middle of the season finale of Sons of Anarchy. I think it might be just ambient music composed for the show, but if not I'd like to know because it was pretty catchy. I have asked this question on specific boards for the show and most of the people think I am asking about the Rolling Stones cover or whatever else.

It plays at the halfway mark of the episode basically, when Jax enters the clubhouse after offing Rollins' character.

Like I said, it's a long-shot, but worth asking about.

It's "Railroad Cancellation" by Don Caballero. The official SoA site has track listings for every episode beneath the synopsis, you can check the sample there.

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008

Steve Holt! posted:

Mirwais - Disco Science
Thanks!!

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

GimpChimp posted:

It's "Railroad Cancellation" by Don Caballero. The official SoA site has track listings for every episode beneath the synopsis, you can check the sample there.

Heh, thanks, I have been pulling my hair out over that one!

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
This has been killing me all day, and I only have long logs of fruitless youtube and google search logs to show for it - so now this is my last hope.

Please forgive me for my scant details.

I'm trying to find a song I believe to be from the 70's about a girl with a really weird name - but I keep getting confused with 'scooby', 'snoopy', or 'snooky' - and she's from the wrong side of the tracks, or her parents are poor or something. There is a couple of lines of encouragement in the song along the lines of 'hold on snooky' or something.

The band is not well known, it is an all male 3 or 4 piece hippy looking guys. The film clip is of a really hot chick in short denim shorts walking along the street where she comes across a small stage with the band on it playing away. The rest of the film clip is just her dancing alone on the street infront of the band on stage. There was a short a animated gif of her I've seen on the forums before.

I have all this non-specific information, but am lacking anything definitive that would enable me to find it, so I really really hope someone will help me out, or I will blow my brains out in exactly 3 hours and 47 minutes.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now

Jombo posted:

This has been killing me all day, and I only have long logs of fruitless youtube and google search logs to show for it - so now this is my last hope.

Please forgive me for my scant details.

I'm trying to find a song I believe to be from the 70's about a girl with a really weird name - but I keep getting confused with 'scooby', 'snoopy', or 'snooky' - and she's from the wrong side of the tracks, or her parents are poor or something. There is a couple of lines of encouragement in the song along the lines of 'hold on snooky' or something.

The band is not well known, it is an all male 3 or 4 piece hippy looking guys. The film clip is of a really hot chick in short denim shorts walking along the street where she comes across a small stage with the band on it playing away. The rest of the film clip is just her dancing alone on the street infront of the band on stage. There was a short a animated gif of her I've seen on the forums before.

I have all this non-specific information, but am lacking anything definitive that would enable me to find it, so I really really hope someone will help me out, or I will blow my brains out in exactly 3 hours and 47 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_fHGqNJYDQ&feature=related
Hang on Sloopy - The McCoys

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

Demon Seed posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_fHGqNJYDQ&feature=related
Hang on Sloopy - The McCoys

you have made my mother loving day :dance:

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now

Jombo posted:

you have made my mother loving day :dance:

The only reason I knew is because thats Ohio's state rock song. I had to learn this in school forever ago haha.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
Heard a song on a classic rock station and all I can remember is the singer repeating "she said its alright" a few times. Nothing else to go on, it sounded like a pretty mellow rock song though.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Immolat1on posted:

Heard a song on a classic rock station and all I can remember is the singer repeating "she said its alright" a few times. Nothing else to go on, it sounded like a pretty mellow rock song though.

Gonna throw out It's Alright, possibly?

Pretty sure this is a cover, but the News is the greatest band ever, so that's the version I'm posting.

19charactersorless.
Apr 26, 2006

If these guys do their job I might have my eyes back in as soon as Monday.
Trying to find some songs from a performance I saw in Japan but one has me stumped.

http://www.vbs.tv/watch/close-up/strange-kinoko-dance-co

I know the first one, at 4:29 is an old Italian song, but the song at 4:48 is friggan killing me. Any help? I can't pick up the japanese lyrics fast enough to do a google search.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

19charactersorless. posted:

the song at 4:48 is friggan killing me. Any help? I can't pick up the japanese lyrics fast enough to do a google search.

"You Belong to Me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=berL-80EPmg

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkpEF0QZe2g

At three minutes.... That riff. What is it reminding me of!? I think up until 3:06 it's identical, before deviating from the one in my head. I've a feeling the original is a classic rock song. Maybe led zeppelin or pink floyd? I really have no idea. :(

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

a pwn cocktail posted:

At three minutes.... That riff. What is it reminding me of!? I think up until 3:06 it's identical, before deviating from the one in my head. I've a feeling the original is a classic rock song. Maybe led zeppelin or pink floyd? I really have no idea. :(

It reminds me of something from The Wall, but I can't put my finger on exactly which song.

Yad Rock
Mar 1, 2005
You might be thinking of "Have A Cigar" ?

19charactersorless.
Apr 26, 2006

If these guys do their job I might have my eyes back in as soon as Monday.

FitFortDanga posted:

"You Belong to Me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=berL-80EPmg

Sort of, I'm trying to find the japanese version featured in the clip though.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005

Glass Joe posted:

Gonna throw out It's Alright, possibly?

Pretty sure this is a cover, but the News is the greatest band ever, so that's the version I'm posting.

Nah not it. Its much more of a classic rock song, not as uplifting.

Pope Hilarius
May 3, 2007

Heard this techno sounding song today. Really prominent distorted background with a guy singing or rapping over it with an apathetic voice. I remember at one point he says gently caress a bunch of times in a row, maybe gently caress off gently caress off gently caress off...

Edit: Never mind I found it
Kid Cudi - Pursuit Of Happiness
but what i heard was a diff version

Pope Hilarius fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 3, 2010

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Immolat1on posted:

Nah not it. Its much more of a classic rock song, not as uplifting.

More classic rocky... how about American Girl by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers?

It's definitely not as uplifting.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

a pwn cocktail posted:

Sounds to me like New Dawn Fades, though in particular it sounds more like Moby's version.

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008

HorseRotorvator posted:

though in particular it sounds more like Moby's version.

w00t

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")
Please, tell me what song is playing in this video. I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxEsGTWHGgM&NR=1

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE posted:

Please, tell me what song is playing in this video. I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxEsGTWHGgM&NR=1

Although I don't blame you for not wanting to read Youtube comments, it was in the comments:

"It's "Travis County Courthouse" by Gary Clark Jr., from his album 110. It's on iTunes."

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")

Final Fart Buttball posted:

Although I don't blame you for not wanting to read Youtube comments, it was in the comments:

"It's "Travis County Courthouse" by Gary Clark Jr., from his album 110. It's on iTunes."

Thanks! And yes, I never even bother to look at youtube comments.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005

Glass Joe posted:

More classic rocky... how about American Girl by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers?

It's definitely not as uplifting.

Still not it. I think I remember the tempo being pretty slow too.

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

:lol:MARINES:lol:
Hey guys, I'm looking to identify a trip-hop album. Or rather, an artist. I hope that's ok here.

I can't remember if it was the cover, back cover, or sticker on the cd, but it involved a white girl on a tire swing. It was either in greyscale or very muted tones.

The album itself was pretty good. Friend of mine only owned two trip-albums, one being Portishead (obligatory), the other being this. Also, an art professor at a local university used to play it in class sometimes.

Skippy
Jan 24, 2002

"Bastard Son of Icyfang..."
I would usually never post a thread like this but I'm going out of my fuvking gourd trying to find this song I heard the other weekend.

I'm hoping one of you guys has heard it so i can at least rest easy knowing I didn't dream it up out of a drunken haze... it's sort of a rock song I guess... I heard it on a rpack station serviceing muskoka / haliburton in southern ontario but I can't remember which one. It was midnight or later on a saturday...

All I can remember are the lines of the chorus, which I believe go as follows:

"I wanna get stoned, I wanna get hosed up, I wanna drink 12 beers and piss my pants and fall down on my head..."

Tell me someone else has heard this... show me where I can hear it again... not just for me but so every goon can share in the hilarity...

Kara Thrace
May 14, 2008

by Peatpot
This song has been stuck in my head for months, so hopefully someone can help me. It's sung by a woman and there's an instrumental at the beginning, for about 1/2 minutes.

I remember a lyric along the lines of 'Day will be richer than night' or something. Hope thats enough to go by.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Kara Thrace posted:

This song has been stuck in my head for months, so hopefully someone can help me. It's sung by a woman and there's an instrumental at the beginning, for about 1/2 minutes.

I remember a lyric along the lines of 'Day will be richer than night' or something. Hope thats enough to go by.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but if you know an actual lyric it's usually not hard to find a song through google if anyone else has ever heard of it. Occasionally you run into a lyric that a lot of people have used, but for the most part if it's something unique like that, you can find it almost instantly.

For example, by searching for:
"richer than night" lyrics

I got a ton of results for this:
Kate Havnevik - New Day

Not only did the lyrics pages come up, but the first things on google were two videos so you could check if the song was right. I listened for a few seconds, and it seemed to match your description with the instrumental. I know it sucks to have an unknown song stuck in your head, so hope this helps.

Superrodan fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 5, 2010

cosaine
Feb 1, 2009

by angerbot
A song featuring red man and method man that has the Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho, the very beginning theme music to accompany the intro.

Southern Comfort
Dec 31, 2007
Just don't forget that it's dumb luck that got you here.
Heard an electronic track at the college coffeeshop last night. Reminded me of DJ Shadow or Krush, but a bit simpler. Mostly just a sick hip hop beat, occasional one-second vocal sample. Kind of an "ahh" sound maybe.

I kind of recognized it but haven't been able to place what it is. I couldn't hear what the guy behind the counter said, but it sounded like the track was called hosed Up.

Either that or he just said "yeah it's hosed up" which isn't a big help :(

Lucette Babette
Jun 24, 2005
Where'd you go? ... Oh.
This has been killing me for a week. I heard the song on the radio and what little I can remember yields nothing relevant from Google. The lyrics "unpack your bags" are towards the end. Its a song about some outlaw couple running from the law and they find their paradise by the beach after killing the guy who's chasing them. A guy sings it. I can hear the tune in my head but no lyrics short of "unpack your bags"

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

Lucette Babette posted:

This has been killing me for a week. I heard the song on the radio and what little I can remember yields nothing relevant from Google. The lyrics "unpack your bags" are towards the end. Its a song about some outlaw couple running from the law and they find their paradise by the beach after killing the guy who's chasing them. A guy sings it. I can hear the tune in my head but no lyrics short of "unpack your bags"

Radiohead - Exit Music (For a Film)?

Amoan
Nov 5, 2009

LIGHTS!:science:

Amoan posted:

There is a song with a specific lyric in it that I often hear mixed into other tracks. The lyric goes something along the lines of "there may be better artist, better lyricist, I don't know. I can't say that." I've been curious about this for months but this is the first time I've actually attempted to find it.

If it helps I believe it is in the realm of electronic music.

I found it after a million years of research.

It was Spencer & Hill - Cool (Afrojack Remix)

Lucette Babette
Jun 24, 2005
Where'd you go? ... Oh.

etard knievel posted:

Radiohead - Exit Music (For a Film)?

Nope, the song I'm thinking of is an upbeat kind of song. The "unpack your bags" is in the chorus.

Gideon
Jan 5, 2009

Lucette Babette posted:

You might check the radio website next time. Some of them have a listing of the songs they played recently

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:
It's been bothering me for awhile - there's a classic rock song that's heavy on either synth or a vocoder, almost to the point where the lyrics are unintelligible. At least one of the lyrics sounds like "techno droid" when heard through whatever the god drat hell is being done and despite a number of variations on "synth" and "vocoder" in google I haven't found it yet.

It wasn't until the other night that it was on XM and the station info didn't load that I well and truly decided I needed to know what this song was called.

As far as I'm aware, it's not frampton, it's closer to a robot voice effect.

Dick Milhous Rock! fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 8, 2010

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
Anyone know what the grungy techno song at the beginning of this video is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21E0EwXWiAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

TheOneOutside posted:

It's been bothering me for awhile - there's a classic rock song that's heavy on either synth or a vocoder

The bridge of Pink Floyd's "Sheep"? Don't recall lyrics sounding like what you mentioned but worth a shot.