Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

BinaryChef posted:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

She's my debugger!

"Mark, you can see the variable, here. It just gets rounded off every time it goes through this function, and that doesn-What? Why are you looking at me that way?"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE A loving CAT. STOP DEBUGGING MY CODE."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmk
Aug 3, 2009

Click here for the full 1900x1425 image.

Includes bonus dalek under the desk.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

nmk posted:

Click here for the full 1900x1425 image.

Includes bonus dalek under the desk.
I wouldn't mind that Batman wallpaper. :shobon:

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Sporadic posted:

Yeah, it was the only way I could figure out how to get a clock on it (foo_vis_screensaver plus Fliqlo). The only problem is that I have to enable layout editing mode and select Fliqlo every time I open foobar to get the clock to show up.

Great tip!

thanks for that, I love foobar, and, I'm happy with it pretty much on defaults, having the time/screensaver (windows 3D Text) is lovely.

If I can work out how to get get fliqlo to install, I'll be super impressed.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I don't have a desk. That is my leather Ikea Poang footstool with my Macbook, headphone amplifier and some Grado SR225s.

Sony KDL32S2010 32" LCD in the background with a pair of Paradigm Atoms and my XBox 360 all plugged into an Onkyo TX-SR504. Picture taken with my new iPhone 3GS. :smug:

Some day I'll live somewhere with a desk.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

DoktorLoken posted:

At least you live close to an ikea so you can buy the desk without driving 220 miles round trip.

Sir Nigel
Jun 29, 2006

Do you make a lot of CD/DVDs or something?

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Sir Nigel posted:

Do you make a lot of CD/DVDs or something?
haha, I have lovely dvd-rs, good dvd-rs, lovely dual layer dvd-rs, good dual layer dvd-rs, a spindle of cd-rs I found, a spindle of cd-rs I bought, and 2 spindles of mystery disks. I think I have burned 3 DVDs in the past month.

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

More drunk than a barrel of monkeys

DoktorLoken posted:

I don't have a desk. That is my leather Ikea Poang footstool with my Macbook, headphone amplifier and some Grado SR225s.

Sony KDL32S2010 32" LCD in the background with a pair of Paradigm Atoms and my XBox 360 all plugged into an Onkyo TX-SR504. Picture taken with my new iPhone 3GS. :smug:

What about the headphone amp and phones plugged into it?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

They're listed in my post. It is an OLD Meta42 that someone on headfi built me (JMT I think?) 5-6 years ago. The headphones are Grado SR225s of the same vintage. Nothing special but they serve me well; I don't have any plans on replacing them in the near future.

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

ASK ME ABOUT MY OPINIONS ON CANCEL CULTURE
Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

Your 3GS still sucks in low-light situations. :v:

How are the SR-225s? I have a the SR-60i and I will probably keep it around for a few years. The one thing I like about my SR-60is is that I don't have to have an amp to full enjoy them. Are the 225s the same way?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I've never used the 225s unamped, they have a standard size plug instead of a minijack. I had a pair of SR80s before the 225s and they worked OK without an amp.

nmk
Aug 3, 2009

strwrsxprt posted:

I wouldn't mind that Batman wallpaper. :shobon:

Click here for the full 1680x1050 image.

And the one from my other moniter

Click here for the full 1920x1200 image.

photo kiosk of life
Aug 31, 2004

Not the best role model.
After cleaning the desk up it doesn't look that bad!

And yes I'm using duct tape to tape the leather on my chair.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Reworked my setup entirely.

The desktop gets thrown over on the small desk, where ironically there's more space for monitors and my 22" can come back. The laptop's also a lot easier to use in the corner rather than being stuck on the small shelf, and now it can feed the TV so I don't have to deal with the AppleTV making GBS threads itself with high bitrate 720p and all 1080p content.

The video phone's not permanent, just happened to have it in for testing.

Getting all this powered was a bitch. My apartment cheaped out and only put one plug per wall, with one of the two outlets on this wall being switched it means literally everything you see is powered off a single outlet via daisy-chained power strips. I don't think this is an issue, since the entire room is one 15A circuit anyways and thus if I overload the outlet I should blow the breaker, but if I should bring an extension cord around from the other wall I'll do it.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Trustworthy posted:

I like everything

Ukiyo
Aug 21, 2008

I recently rearranged my room and this is the current setup... its gotten pretty close to optimal but I am waiting on a mini displayport to dvi adapter so I can start running the big monitor off of the macbook.

I wish this thread was more active ... its fascinating seeing people's setups.

bout it flautist
Dec 25, 2005

Sometimes it's lonely being the only sock.

I just bought an Ikea Mikael desk. It was cheap, simple, and allows lots of room to lay out my books and papers when studying (I was using this). This is my workspace in the corner of the living room.

Living like poo poo under the desk is acceptable since it is out of my view :cool:

bout it flautist fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 17, 2010

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006

bout it flautist posted:

I just bought an Ikea Mikael desk. It was cheap, simple, and allows lots of room to lay out my books and papers when studying (I was using this). This is my workspace in the corner of the living room.

Living like poo poo under the desk is acceptable since it is out of my view :cool:

What are you using for the date and time overlay?

bout it flautist
Dec 25, 2005

timb posted:

What are you using for the date and time overlay?

I've been using GeekTool for that. It is a little unstable (when messing with the size and variables it sometimes crashes, but otherwise runs fine on 10.6), but works well for what I want. There are scripts to display time/date and other such if you google it!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Ukiyo posted:

I recently rearranged my room and this is the current setup... its gotten pretty close to optimal but I am waiting on a mini displayport to dvi adapter so I can start running the big monitor off of the macbook.

I wish this thread was more active ... its fascinating seeing people's setups.

I dig this, nice and bright. And I agree, this is one of my favourite threads on SA, and it always motivates me to clean up my desk.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

This thread inspired me to clean up my desk and some wires. I do what I can with the dorm furniture here, and I have my phone charger strung up along the wall so I don't roll over it in my chair. I've also got tupperware holding up my monitors because I couldn't find a stand big enough for both monitors or small enough to fit two, which has worked pretty well so far. Definitely not going to miss this desk when I move out. Not shown are my two rear speakers that are cabletied to my bed, and the sub on the floor under the desk.

I also broke the front off of my dell case installing a dvd burner the other day, and I had to cover the lights up because they kept distracting me.

Click here for the full 1549x1037 image with labels.

and one a bit closer.

Click here for the full 1549x1037 image.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

I really didn't have much faith in this thread when it started, but it's turned out surprisingly well.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

strwrsxprt posted:

I really didn't have much faith in this thread when it started, but it's turned out surprisingly well.

No poo poo, it's amazing. When we have a new in the future, we should ask that people list spec and where you got that furniture at. :argh:

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:
Here's my downstairs setup:

Xbox 360, PS3 (sitting atop an old laptop in the corner) and a mini-PC (for comics/music/video and general browsing/IRC usage). I usually use my laptop down here, but it's upstairs right now.

All the cables are sort of hidden on a small shelf that runs the length of the wall, it looks good from the front, but it's a jungle back there.

I'll post my upstairs setup (laptop & desktop computer) later.

feraltennisprodigy fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 17, 2010

Ukiyo
Aug 21, 2008

bout it flautist posted:

I've been using GeekTool for that. It is a little unstable (when messing with the size and variables it sometimes crashes, but otherwise runs fine on 10.6), but works well for what I want. There are scripts to display time/date and other such if you google it!

What scripts are YOU using? I found some results on the macrumors forums but I really like that font and stuff the way you have it set up.

Edit: I figured it out. Select shell from the drop down and type 'date+%l:%m' 'date +%a' 'date+%b' 'date+%d' in different entries.. then tweak settings to your hearts content!~

Ukiyo fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 18, 2010

bout it flautist
Dec 25, 2005

Ukiyo posted:

What scripts are YOU using? I found some results on the macrumors forums but I really like that font and stuff the way you have it set up.

Edit: I figured it out. Select shell from the drop down and type 'date+%l:%m' 'date +%a' 'date+%b' 'date+%d' in different entries.. then tweak settings to your hearts content!~

I see your edit but I thought I'd say, at least, I'm using Helvetica Neue UltraLight for the font. You seem to have the script down! I used to have the weather script but for some reason it deleted itself or something :confused:. I need to set that back up.

Edit: The weather code is as follows:

curl --silent "http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss?p=YOURCITYHERE&u=f" | grep -E '(Current Conditions:|F<BR)' | sed -e 's/Current Conditions://' -e 's/<br \/>//' -e 's/<b>//' -e 's/<\/b>//' -e 's/<BR \/>//' -e 's/<description>//' -e 's/<\/description>//'

Go to this site, or google, to find your location's code and replace YOURCITYHERE with the location string.

bout it flautist fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 18, 2010

Lanky Dude
Oct 26, 2005

bout it flautist posted:

Can you post the source for that wallpaper please?

Edit: cheers, been looking for that one for a while

Lanky Dude fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 25, 2010

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

Lanky Dude posted:

Can you post the source for that wallpaper please?

Here you go http://thfm.deviantart.com/art/UntitledDocument-66260329

bout it flautist
Dec 25, 2005

You are very swift! I completely forgot where I found my wallpaper, thanks for helping him out :cool:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

feraltennisprodigy posted:

Here's my downstairs setup:

Xbox 360, PS3 (sitting atop an old laptop in the corner) and a mini-PC (for comics/music/video and general browsing/IRC usage). I usually use my laptop down here, but it's upstairs right now.

What speakers are those?

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:

poty posted:

What speakers are those?

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-GigaWorks-Multimedia-BasXPort-Technolgy/dp/B001S14DYO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1266842078&sr=8-1

Creative T40 v2 (the covers are detachable, I usually keep them on to prevent the speakers from getting all dusty)

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

New iMac, old table.

Ukiyo
Aug 21, 2008

bout it flautist posted:

I see your edit but I thought I'd say, at least, I'm using Helvetica Neue UltraLight for the font. You seem to have the script down! I used to have the weather script but for some reason it deleted itself or something :confused:. I need to set that back up.

Edit: The weather code is as follows:

curl --silent "http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss?p=YOURCITYHERE&u=f" | grep -E '(Current Conditions:|F<BR)' | sed -e 's/Current Conditions://' -e 's/<br \/>//' -e 's/<b>//' -e 's/<\/b>//' -e 's/<BR \/>//' -e 's/<description>//' -e 's/<\/description>//'

Go to this site, or google, to find your location's code and replace YOURCITYHERE with the location string.

Thanks ! Helvetica Neue ultralight looks super clean!

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

frogbs posted:

New iMac, old table.

It looks like your desk is in a hotel room. Even the curtains have that hotel room quality to them.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

subx posted:

It looks like your desk is in a hotel room. Even the curtains have that hotel room quality to them.

more like a motel quality

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

subx posted:

Its actually in my kitchen.

etalian posted:

more like a motel quality

Much like your post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bout it flautist
Dec 25, 2005

frogbs posted:

New iMac, old table.

I think it looks awesome!