Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
8enders work out plan:
1. fix my car
2. fix my bike
3. pet dat cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Jonny 290 posted:

290's super simple workout plan:

1: plant at least 100 sq foot of garden
2: tend it by hand with absolutely no power tools
3: eat the poo poo that comes out of the garden

6 months 30+ lbs fat gone and huge muscles, well, compared to what your flabby rear end had anyways

note garden - US vegetable garden im not talking about a fucken UK backyard

gently caress yeah, actually im trying to think what power tools you would use to plant outside of some kinda auto plow thing, but the one I tried worked like poo poo and barely saved time

Roguestar
May 13, 2005

developers developers developers developers

floor is lava posted:

anime jpg

the icing on the cake is the guitar hitting him on the head too

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
who doesn't plug their tv into the wall srsly

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

gently caress yeah, actually im trying to think what power tools you would use to plant outside of some kinda auto plow thing, but the one I tried worked like poo poo and barely saved time

that's the key you can't use a tiller and you can't use pressurized water for watering (means, carry those loving jugs of rainwater across the yard you lazy poo poo)

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

that's the key you can't use a tiller and you can't use pressurized water for watering (means, carry those loving jugs of rainwater across the yard you lazy poo poo)

I do use pressurized water sometimes, but I normally use that cool black poo poo you put under the ground and so you turn it on and it waters the plants at the roots its p. cool

bit annoying to put in at first though

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

do you seriously not use your hose to water the garden? gently caress that's some hippy poo poo right there.

unless you live somewhere with severe droughts, i guess...

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

Tom Collins posted:

do you seriously not use your hose to water the garden? gently caress that's some hippy poo poo right there.

unless you live somewhere with severe droughts, i guess...

its like lifting weights MAAANNNN

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

its like lifting weights MAAANNNN

whatever man it's clear that being a land whale is the end product of human evolution and all we really need to do is change the standard of attractiveness and keep on working on drugs that will let us live to 80 while weighing as much as a small car

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
is using a watering can really a hippie thing? really?

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

nah i just mean if you've got a huge garden and you own a hose, why not? if you're concerned about wasting water, you can attach your roof's gutters to a barrel that you keep six feet off the ground, and then have a hose coming out of that and use gravity.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Tom Collins posted:

nah i just mean if you've got a huge garden and you own a hose, why not? if you're concerned about wasting water, you can attach your roof's gutters to a barrel that you keep six feet off the ground, and then have a hose coming out of that and use gravity.

The point was "gardening to eat better and lose weight" I think? v:)v

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
or you could piss all over your agrden all the time

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Tom Collins posted:

naw mang the point was to add exercise while doing something useful so adding more pointless lugging of water fits the goal

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

Casao posted:

naw mang the point was to add exercise while doing something useful so adding more pointless lugging of water fits the goal

welp

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Otto Skorzeny posted:

or you could piss all over your agrden all the time

urine contains gigantic quantities of unfixed nitrogen and if you can get your soil chemistry right, yes, you can literally piss on the dirt around your tomato plants and they will grow up huge

blackstrap molasses is a good source of K and Mg, and hardwood ash is good for P and carbon granules for microbes to attach to (they love hooking up to carbon)

and yeah i have rain barrels and water exclusively with those and yeah carry the watering can back and forth ten times a day in the summer, erry little bit helps

basically a garden can help you both in the exercise and healthy eating department, it's a double whammy of good - just like riding a bike to work, exercise + commuting at the same time.

not for everybody but if you can do it, works out great

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

urine contains gigantic quantities of unfixed nitrogen and if you can get your soil chemistry right, yes, you can literally piss on the dirt around your tomato plants and they will grow up huge

blackstrap molasses is a good source of K and Mg, and hardwood ash is good for P and carbon granules for microbes to attach to (they love hooking up to carbon)

and yeah i have rain barrels and water exclusively with those and yeah carry the watering can back and forth ten times a day in the summer, erry little bit helps

basically a garden can help you both in the exercise and healthy eating department, it's a double whammy of good - just like riding a bike to work, exercise + commuting at the same time.

not for everybody but if you can do it, works out great

kitties love playing around plants too at least ours does, and eating our blueberries sometimes :argh:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
my dad had a dog who would eat raspberies right off the plants

he would pick them off super-delicately with his lips and for a few weeks we couldn't figure out why the gently caress we had no ripe raspberries until one day we let the dog in and noticed that he had red stains on his snout, looked like he was wearin lipstick.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
my dog would do that too except he'd rip the branches off

we figured it out when he puked up raspberries and branches in our kitchen

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

The last two posters are the Sherlock Homeses of dog crimes.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

DNova posted:

The last two posters are the Sherlock Homeses of dog crimes.

:smugdog::pipe:

z0rge Costanza
Jul 30, 2006

My posting...it's shit Jerry! Shit!

rotor posted:

:smugdog::pipe:
:coffee:~|| __/
   _/\_

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

needs more cocaine

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Tom Collins posted:

needs more cocaine

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

z0ratio hornblower posted:

lmao

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

im gonna murder my cat

last night around 3:30 he somehow made this noise which sounded like my bedroom door handle being jiggled like someone was trying to break in, it woke me up and shot a massive amount of adrenaline through my brain, i got my fists goin and walked to the door and who's out there but an annoying little crouton just :3: and meowing at me

fed him and went back to bed

4:30 same poo poo happens exactly

so basically i am going to toss him into traffic

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeyXgPbbYmU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUMBv9lysFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tK2LXTEnds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv_9WHTzzww

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

clockwork sundial posted:

I don't know about these cats but our cat loves to go out in the snow for 30-40minutes then it gets too cold and wants to come back in 15 minutes later it wants to go out again...repeat all day

hmm yes
Dec 2, 2000
College Slice
people who throw cats into snowbanks are jerks!

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

I don't know about these cats but our cat loves to go out in the snow for 30-40minutes then it gets too cold and wants to come back in 15 minutes later it wants to go out again...repeat all day

:3:

atastypie posted:

yeah all the youtube comments are full of people flipping the gently caress out

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
when shes hungry one of my cats finds pieces of paper and brings them up into my room and tears the poo poo out them

ripping paper will wake you up always

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

atastypie posted:

cats would throw you and everyone you love into snowbanks without a second thought if they could

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Tom Collins posted:

im gonna murder my cat

last night around 3:30 he somehow made this noise which sounded like my bedroom door handle being jiggled like someone was trying to break in, it woke me up and shot a massive amount of adrenaline through my brain, i got my fists goin and walked to the door and who's out there but an annoying little crouton just :3: and meowing at me

fed him and went back to bed

4:30 same poo poo happens exactly

so basically i am going to toss him into traffic

one of our cats is in heat (indoor cat, other one is neutered chill the gently caress out pi) so she's been super needy and clingy lately. even her adorableness may not save her if this goes on too much longer :mad:

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

throw all cats in snow;

it's what you'd do to friends and relatives anyway.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

cats in heat are terrible, I would spay all cats even if it was the wrong thing to do.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

Ours do this ALL the time. We have a kitty door in the basement, but they run up to us and pester us until we let them out the back door. THEN THEY RUN THROUGH THE GODDAMN CAT DOOR IN THE BASEMENT AND DO IT AGAIN!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

all cats are always on the wrong side of every door

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

rotor posted:

cats in heat are terrible, I would spay all cats even if it was the wrong thing to do.

we've considered spaying but it seems like it's a little unnecessary. i'd rather not risk her life for what amounts to a minor inconvenience :(

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

rotor posted:

cats would throw you and everyone you love into snowbanks without a second thought if they could

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malefactor
Jul 23, 2006

by T. Finn

clockwork sundial posted:

:smith:

Why do people do this poo poo?

:(