Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thArf
Oct 9, 2009
That show in boston sounds like a good idea, I'm going to P Funk in boston tonight. How much are tickets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
Awwww shiiitt. Calvin Harris, Laidback Luke, and FAKE BLOOD march 20th. :dance::hellyeah::dance:
Oh man I'm probably not going to survive that night. There are other awesome djs there too like boy 8-bit and nero but those 3 are the reason I'm there.
Anyone in Toronto or around that doesn't know about the show its Digital Future at the sound academy.
It's going to be a wicked night
The weekend after I'm going to a DnB party with Andy C and Ed Rush, then the week after that Armin Van Buuren comes for the 10th anniversary of A State Of Trance. I have no idea how I'm going to survive march.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
I Can Make Musics Too

Mr Viper - Techlectro [via soundcloud]

01. Moderat - A New Error
02. Modselektor - Cash
03. Justice - DVNO (LA Riots Remix)
04. The Bloody Beetroots - Warp 1.9 (feat. Steve Aoki)
05. Ferry Corsten - We Belong
06. Deadmau5 - This Noise (Original Mix)
07. Uffie - Robot Oeuf
08. Major Lazer - Keep It Goin' Louder (feat. Nina Sky & Ricky Blaze)
09. Mr Viper - Beautiful Touch
10. DJ Orbith - Videolover (Christopher Just Remix)
11. Rudenko - Everybody
12. Benny Benassi - Rock N' Rave
13. Nadastrom - Ghetto Pass
14. Alex Gopher - Aurora
15. Danger - 4h30
16. Lazy Rich - Funkjet (Jay Robinson & Supabeatz Mix)
17. Deadmau5 - Catbread
18. Eric Prydz - Call On Me
19. Fake Blood - Mars / Fake Blood - Mars (Herve Remix)

Tell me what ya'll think!

Mr Viper fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Apr 7, 2010

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I appreciated the archer drop.

Psychedelic
Jul 31, 2009

Mr Viper posted:

01. Moderat - A New Error

Who doesn't like this one?
Triplets are catchy when they repeat
over..and over...and over...and over
dahdahdah dahdahdah dahdahdah

That's all I've heard so far..because I just started listening and all.
Will update later once I get to Fake Blood or somewhere close

update #1

Mr Viper posted:

:3:

final update

I like it :)

Psychedelic fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 20, 2010

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Psychedelic posted:

:3:

incoherent posted:

I appreciated the archer drop.
YUPPP

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale
If any of you dudes want to come out to a hipster night I'm playing a live PA in Sacramento tonight :x

Peak hour disco~~~

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
Where at?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCxiO5c4mSY

OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ new late of the pier.

For those who don't know who Late of the Pier is they are a sythpop group from england. Personally I'd call them a vile of ADD spilled over a korg. Their first album, Fantasy Black Channel is a awesome and you should listen to a few tracks. The previous and upcoming album were produced by Erol Alkan.

Also a remix that may or may not be soulwax that was played by erol alkan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv7N22i62UE

You can get the set here.

PowderedToastMan
Jun 10, 2000
Quick, man! Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!
Anyone going to see Vitalic tonight in San Fran? I can hardly wait myself, Vitalic loving rules and the Mezzanine is a good venue. I hope his live shows are as killer as I hear they are.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Missed out on seeing him last night :(. My friends badged me all night about "how awesome it was" and I wanted to kill myself. You're going to love it.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
I'm going on saturday, I love a few of the songs off flashmob even though the rest is kinda meh.

El Nam
Jan 14, 2007
We found Charlie
Am I allowed to shamelessly promote myself?

Actually, I do think this would fit in here rather well.
http://www.myspace.com/mightmightmight

El Nam fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 21, 2010

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

wolffenstein posted:

Where at?
Club 21 on 21st

thArf
Oct 9, 2009
I need a 320 of Give Me A Kiss - Paradox LXXX (Remix) Track is wicked, totally my style!

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
Law 54: If a house collapses, and the owners hamster should die, the builders hamster shall be put to death.

El Nam posted:

Am I allowed to shamelessly promote myself?

Actually, I do think this would fit in here rather well.
http://www.myspace.com/mightmightmight

Mad props for including Breakwater in your animated logo thing, and for sampling Inner Life.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

So Crookers were pretty disappointing last night. They just seemed to have no sense of having the set keep flowing, so it was confusing everyone who was dancing. They did play King Of Africa though, so I guess they sorta redeemed themselves.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Firaga posted:

Awwww shiiitt. Calvin Harris, Laidback Luke, and FAKE BLOOD march 20th. :dance::hellyeah::dance:
Oh man I'm probably not going to survive that night. There are other awesome djs there too like boy 8-bit and nero but those 3 are the reason I'm there.
Anyone in Toronto or around that doesn't know about the show its Digital Future at the sound academy.
The weekend after I'm going to a DnB party with Andy C and Ed Rush, then the week after that Armin Van Buuren comes for the 10th anniversary of A State Of Trance. I have no idea how I'm going to survive march.

Thanks for the heads up.

Lots of good stuff going on in March, especially with Canadian Music Week (for those who like indie stuff). Electric Six is gonna be crazy fun too.

On that note, there seem to be quite a few Toronto people in this thread...where do all yall go for shows? Do any of you guys actually play here?

rustyw
Nov 27, 2005

Amaritudo posted:

I need some insight from you house experts on a mystery I'm dealing with. I recently came across a track of what sounds like an earlier mix of Eric Prydz's "Call On Me" that's labeled as a white label version. The weird part is that it's credited to Thomas Bangalter & DJ Falcon (aka Together).

At first I thought it was just a mistake but then I found a Youtube of the same track with the comments stating that Bangalter did originally conceive it. The story is that Bangalter couldn't release his version because Roule was unable to get the rights to the Steve Winwood sample but Ministry of Sound was able to do so and hence Eric Prydz's version was what got released.

Wikipedia states that this rumor started because Bangalter & Falcon used the original mix in their sets and an advanced pressing incorrectly gave them credit. However, the citation for this points to Prydz's profile on thedjlist.com so I don't know how reliable that would be.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this.

Read the post and check the comments:

http://www.ilictronix.com/2009/06/which-came-first-bangalter-or-prydz.html

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

Cyril Sneer posted:

Thanks for the heads up.

Lots of good stuff going on in March, especially with Canadian Music Week (for those who like indie stuff). Electric Six is gonna be crazy fun too.

On that note, there seem to be quite a few Toronto people in this thread...where do all yall go for shows? Do any of you guys actually play here?

The Guvernment usually plays big names. Footwork as well. I'm seeing Sydney Blu at footwork this Friday. Cosmic gate was at the guv last night (I was sick). Jelo is going to be playing at footwork at some point in April. Deadmau5 and Infected Mushroom were here recently. Both played at the guv. Dubfire played last weekend.
The Social has electro nights on Mondays. There have been some bigger djs there like MSTRKRFT but usually its just a night of a local dj spinning electro (which is awesome).
I think Justice played at circa last year.
Really your big go-to clubs for electronic music are The Guvernment and Footwork. Both play big names usually every weekend and are pretty awesome. The guv can be annoying sometimes because they pack people in and I'm a dancer so its hard to find space in the main room. Footwork is usually a great time. Good go-to for electro. The Social is awesome but its monday nights so I almost never go :\
There is also a place called This Is London but its like 23+ so I can't go yet.
Oh and comfort zone which spins house. I haven't been but I hear its alright. Just reaaaallllly sketchy.
I'm usually out every weekend, you just need to get "into the scene" and you're gonna be wondering how you can afford all of these shows.
Toronto has a wiiiicked electronic music and party scene.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Firaga posted:

The Guvernment usually plays big names. Footwork as well. I'm seeing Sydney Blu at footwork this Friday. Cosmic gate was at the guv last night (I was sick). Jelo is going to be playing at footwork at some point in April. Deadmau5 and Infected Mushroom were here recently. Both played at the guv. Dubfire played last weekend.
The Social has electro nights on Mondays. There have been some bigger djs there like MSTRKRFT but usually its just a night of a local dj spinning electro (which is awesome).
I think Justice played at circa last year.
Really your big go-to clubs for electronic music are The Guvernment and Footwork. Both play big names usually every weekend and are pretty awesome. The guv can be annoying sometimes because they pack people in and I'm a dancer so its hard to find space in the main room. Footwork is usually a great time. Good go-to for electro. The Social is awesome but its monday nights so I almost never go :\
There is also a place called This Is London but its like 23+ so I can't go yet.
Oh and comfort zone which spins house. I haven't been but I hear its alright. Just reaaaallllly sketchy.
I'm usually out every weekend, you just need to get "into the scene" and you're gonna be wondering how you can afford all of these shows.
Toronto has a wiiiicked electronic music and party scene.

Oh, I'm well aware of the Guvernment and Circa...been to both many times. I was more looking for places that play good current stuff, but aren't necessarily part of the big tours circuit.

I've seen lots of posters for Footwork but I've never been.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Any toronto dudes going to Congorock at the social march 6?

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

Cyril Sneer posted:

Oh, I'm well aware of the Guvernment and Circa...been to both many times. I was more looking for places that play good current stuff, but aren't necessarily part of the big tours circuit.

I've seen lots of posters for Footwork but I've never been.

That's monday nights at the social. you can request songs and everything. too bad its monday nights....
I'm looking for a club that spins the "hits" on weekends too.

MzKzM
Sep 16, 2007

Jack Beats Essential Mix was aired two days ago... Everybody ought to check it out.

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992

MzKzM posted:

Jack Beats Essential Mix was aired two days ago... Everybody ought to check it out.

Just came here to post this, been bumping this recently. Really dope mix!

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
Yuppp playing it nonstop in my car. The last song on the mix MARS is pretty much my favorite song at the moment, and hearing it after 2 hours of crazy "wobbly" beats (thanks Pete) was so sick.

Psychedelic
Jul 31, 2009

Did Jack Beats play the Jack Beats Mars remix in his essential mix?
That one is pretty sweet.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Firaga posted:

I'm starting a new job and it's going to be REALLY hard to balance between work and play this month. Luckily for me sundays are always off :dance:
<3 Toronto

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992
Leonardus just did a mix for a german radio station which is definitely worth checking out, straight french house. Really tight mixing on this set. Check it out!
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=402373025&blogId=529706541

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

So is this the right spot to try and discuss Acid? I've been listening to the new Ceephax Acid Crew (United Acid Emirates) for about a week solid. Any other Acid fans around?

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

MzKzM posted:

This EM is amazing. I'm going to be listening to this for the next week at least.

qwako
Sep 11, 2009

Mr Viper posted:

Yuppp playing it nonstop in my car. The last song on the mix MARS is pretty much my favorite song at the moment, and hearing it after 2 hours of crazy "wobbly" beats (thanks Pete) was so sick.

Thats not the last song?

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

qwako posted:

Thats not the last song?

.... Second to last :ninja:

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
This is a pretty good mix I've been digging the past few days. This is about as electro as it gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtovqcYKW2Y

track list:
1. Make Her Say- Afrojack
2. We are Rockstars - Does it offend you, yeah/ Cold Blank
3. I got The power - Jakz
4. How i like it - Diplo & Afrojack
5. Moombah - Silvio Ecomo & Chckie / Afrojack Remix
6. I like that - Richard Vission & Static Revenger / Luciana
7. Fancy Footwork - Chromeo / Crookers Remix
8. I like to move it in here - Moby / Crookers Remix

Also Wolfgang Gartner is probably one of the most wicked djs at the moment. Just sayin'.

Firaga fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 23, 2010

Psychedelic
Jul 31, 2009

Crossposting to this thread because it's hilarious

Deadmau5 does dubstep

:doh:

CHRISTS FOR SALE
Jan 14, 2005

"fuck you and die"

twistedmentat posted:

I'm not watching this just to see how much they talk about New Order. No, not at all.

It was pretty nice in the late 90s when Daft Punk, Prodigy and Fatboy Slim were the biggest things out there. It looked like Electronic music might be the next big thing. Then BAM! Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys out of nowhere, and it killed it. And ever since then, it's been kid oriented bubblegum pop since.
What are you talking about? If anything, electronic music has become WAY more interesting right now than back in the 90s. The fact that anybody and their mother can get a DAW and cheap audio interface and make decent quality music means that the scope of EDM is growing. No longer is it difficult or annoying to create tracks like this, and the nerds who can actually program that synth gear are no longer the major contributors to the electronic songwriting paradigm. Creating electronic music is so loving easy that any composer (who isn't gifted at the technical arts) can just make music entirely on their laptops. I happen to know a dubstep producer who's quite well known (especially in the UK) and does all of his composition entirely on a MacBook Pro.

With the advent (and accessibility) of Ableton Live and MIDI controllers designed for live performance, I'm excited to see where it will go next...

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Firaga posted:

This is a pretty good mix I've been digging the past few days. This is about as electro as it gets.

perhaps I'm just some stodgy old purist, but this doesn't sound like electro at all to me.

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
Really? Have you been following this thread at all? No offense or anything...
edit: show me some electro

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

When I think of electro I think of TR-808s playing a stuttered beat for b boys to break to. I think of Aux 88 and DMX Krew and Mandroid and Arpanet and such. That sounded more like a modern evolution of house really to me. But like I say I could just be a stodgy old purist.

Edit: first thing I found in my YouTube favorites. Not the best but I'm on my phone at the moment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvnu7C2H4CQ

toadee fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arena
Nov 10, 2006
ooar
Since you can never have too many electro blogs, I've recently set one up over at http://bangingbeat.blogspot.com/ for posting the likes of Boys Noize/Bloody Beetroots/Owl Vision/Fake Blood/Justice/Crookers/Mustard Pimp etc.

If anyone is interested in updating the blog with tracks that tickle their fancy, shoot me an email and I'll set up an account for you