Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I know. I am aching for this drat car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

MrKatharsis posted:

I know. I am aching for this drat car.

Oh. Yeah I can't tell sometimes because the other CL Gold thread never took off.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
Hurry, while gas is cheap: :911:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/1608354405.html

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/1609190452.html

Madman? Genius? Idiot? posted:

VW baja bug with coilovers - $4000 (LHC)
Date: 2010-02-19, 10:30PM MST
Reply to: sale-n5dcg-1609190452@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am looking to sell or trade my VW baja bug. Body is a 64, street registered in my name. Tons of parts

Caged front to rear
Extended front end
Fiberglass one piece hood
widened link pin front beam
Brand new tires up front
RaceTrim suspension seats
1 year old Crow 3" five point harness's
16 gallon Fuel cell behind front seats
3x3 rear arms
Gear One disc brakes on rear
F-O-A coilovers on rear, 14" travel 2.5 inch diameter
CNC hydraulic clutch/brakes
All brake lines are braided SS
Bus 002 trans with stock internals
Ford 2.3L water cooled motor out of a mustangII with holley racing carb(only 5 or 10 hours on the motor) :wtf:
Can include a set of paddles on aluminum rims for right price
Fresh paint on interior
Rack and pinion steering
Tow bar for 2" ball So many more things

Come look at it, may consider trade for right summer water toys
4,000 obo
Ken
602-999-8474

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.

Click here for the full 1066x717 image.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ctd/1609115139.html

"HI am selling my ride it has turbo and turbo boosters and has nos it's dyno it's aftermarket it;s full cat back Exhaust 4 in call for more info call alex at 503 995 7055"

TURBO AND TURBO BOOSTERS, ITS DYNO

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

ab0z posted:

The greatest DSM ever?
http://macon.craigslist.org/cto/1602392560.html

How has no one commented on this magnificent beast? It looks like an RC car.

jandrese
Apr 3, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Did he think it would be easier to sell it as "Baja Bug" instead of "Dune Buggy with VW Bug shell"?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
He couldn't at least make the wheelbase match.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
I am no one to be Trifled with!!!!

allonblack posted:

Click here for the full 1066x717 image.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ctd/1609115139.html

"HI am selling my ride it has turbo and turbo boosters and has nos it's dyno it's aftermarket it;s full cat back Exhaust 4 in call for more info call alex at 503 995 7055"

TURBO AND TURBO BOOSTERS, ITS DYNO

I am always surprise when people can't properly spell common words. I am going to call this guy because I want to see how messed up that car really is.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

valinhorn posted:

I am always surprise when people can't properly spell common words. I am going to call this guy because I want to see how messed up that car really is.

It continuously amazes me that this is the level of effort people put into marketing something they expect to get thousands of dollars for. At what level is it worth spelling correctly? What price point do they feel necessitates complete thoughts being expressed in whole sentences? How much money needs to be involved for common basic information about the product to be included in the listing?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ab0z posted:

It continuously amazes me that this is the level of effort people put into marketing something they expect to get thousands of dollars for. At what level is it worth spelling correctly? What price point do they feel necessitates complete thoughts being expressed in whole sentences? How much money needs to be involved for common basic information about the product to be included in the listing?

Is it just an evolution from having to abbreviate everything in newspaper classifieds? Do they think they're being charged by the word?

But the terrible spelling and grammar is just pathetic and has no excuse. If you can't spell, then find a friend to write the drat thing for you.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
You're assuming that guy has friends.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

Is it just an evolution from having to abbreviate everything in newspaper classifieds? Do they think they're being charged by the word?

But the terrible spelling and grammar is just pathetic and has no excuse. If you can't spell, then find a friend to write the drat thing for you.

Might also be a result of the guy not really wanting to sell it, or go through selling it. "Yeah... gotta write that ad... ugh"

AbsentMindedWelder
Mar 26, 2003

It must be the fumes.
Not a car... but just as bad.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I had to look at HF's site to confirm, but yeah - that hunk of poo poo is only $20 new. Might as well keep it since you can always use a drill around the home.

This seems to be typical of many HF customers though.

jandrese
Apr 3, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Maybe he wants to sell it before it breaks.

AbsentMindedWelder
Mar 26, 2003

It must be the fumes.
Well, you see, he's providing a very valuable service to the community. For example, what if it's 2 AM in the morning, I have to drill a hole in order to save the world, and the 5 portable drills I have, have been mischievously stolen by some evil goon hating furries. Obviously, at that time any tool store is closed. What is a hero to do? We can all feel safe knowing that all I have to do is call Ron, and I can become victorious in my entirely fictitious scenario.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

NOTinuyasha fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 7, 2012

ijustam
Jun 20, 2005

NOTinuyasha posted:

zero effort bonus

...Seymour? :cry:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

NOTinuyasha posted:

its 2010 and you dont know how to...uhh..not...do...what?

Wait. Full tank of gas if you buy now yet the thing can't be driven? :raise:

What's he going to do, start it and let it run all weekend?

jandrese
Apr 3, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Maybe it's parked in a bad neighborhood and he can't guarantee that the gas won't be siphoned off in a couple of days.

BigFuzzyJesus
Dec 4, 2007
Now with more Jesus
1986 Lincoln Continental Limo. $500.00/OBO This Limo must GO!!!

White, 6 passenger limo. Has approximately 55,000 miles. There are some interior electrical problems, but can easily be fixed if you have the time and know-how.

Please contact John at - for more info. No emails please.

Thanks!!!

My drinking buddies and I must have this; left voicemail waiting on a call back...
:ohdear:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

BigFuzzyJesus posted:

1986 Lincoln Continental Limo. $500.00/OBO This Limo must GO!!!

Make it convertible. Well not so much convertible as just chop the roof off.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Would that squeak by the curb weight limit for LeMons?

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

BigFuzzyJesus posted:

There are some interior electrical problems, but can easily be fixed if you have the time and know-how.

These are my favorites. I don't know what the gently caress is wrong, but I bet that if you do it's really easy to fix!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

frozenphil posted:

These are my favorites. I don't know what the gently caress is wrong, but I bet that if you do it's really easy to fix!

Yeah, no poo poo. Especially electrical. In my experience, it's pretty much a fluke if electrical is ever easy.

blankooie
Jul 21, 2009

VideoTapir posted:

Would that squeak by the curb weight limit for LeMons?

Site says 4200lbs, and individual waivers may be granted... You might be able to chop it down to weight, add lightweight safety equipment, and be granted the go ahead.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
I am no one to be Trifled with!!!!

blankooie posted:

Site says 4200lbs, and individual waivers may be granted... You might be able to chop it down to weight, add lightweight safety equipment, and be granted the go ahead.

I have never heard of them actually weighing the vehicles at a LeMons event either. They just eyeball it, so if you can make it look lighter, even if it isn't, you would probably get the go ahead too.

Gavitron
Sep 11, 2001

One of the downsides of being special is that you feel out of place wherever you go.
Pillbug

valinhorn posted:

I have never heard of them actually weighing the vehicles at a LeMons event either. They just eyeball it, so if you can make it look lighter, even if it isn't, you would probably get the go ahead too.

I heard that speed holes save about 10lbs each...

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I have a feeling the LeMons guys would give you a pass if you showed up in a caged limo. Especially if it were a caged, chopped limo.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Wouldn't it fold in half if you took the roof off? Even if its body-on-frame, it's sooo looong. In my head it'd just sag down and scrape the road, roofless.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Cut the roof off. Move the driver's seat and controls to the back seat. Have like 3/4 of the length of the car be hood, or have it be just covered up with an exposed cockpit like some old race cars.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

VideoTapir posted:

Cut the roof off. Move the driver's seat and controls to the back seat. Have like 3/4 of the length of the car be hood, or have it be just covered up with an exposed cockpit like some old race cars.

Do this, and you would have the classiest LeMons car on the track.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Wouldn't it fold in half if you took the roof off? Even if its body-on-frame, it's sooo looong. In my head it'd just sag down and scrape the road, roofless.

A cage would solve that problem wouldn't it?

my1999gsr
Mar 21, 2009

vs Dinosaurs posted:

Do this, and you would have the classiest LeMons car on the track planet.

There we go.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/1619720296.html

Like that topless hot rod look, but don't want to do a 32 Ford like everyone else on the goddamn planet?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Truth in advertising, much like the one I posted earlier that had a "gay rear end spoiler":

And yes, I truly do believe that your stripped-out 30-year-old RX-7 with fart-can quality parts runs like the day it was built.

I loving hate looking through Craigslist.

RX7 - $1 [a guy wanting to trade his 240SX for an RX7]
RX7 - $50 [an e-shaft pulley]
RX7 - $120 [a hood]

orange lime fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 27, 2010

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

orange lime posted:

Truth in advertising, much like the one I posted earlier that had a "gay rear end spoiler":

And yes, I truly do believe that your stripped-out 30-year-old RX-7 with fart-can quality parts runs like the day it was built.

I loving hate looking through Craigslist.

RX7 - $1 [a guy wanting to trade his 240SX for an RX7]
RX7 - $50 [an e-shaft pulley]
RX7 - $120 [a hood]

I like how he misspelled the name of the seat while simultaneously posting a picture of it with the name clearly visible.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

quote:

79 mazda rx7 w/part car - $700 (kingman, az)
Date: 2010-02-23, 8:52AM MST
Reply to: sale-8jsyp-1614002457@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

classic 1979 mazda rx-7 for sale with a 1983 rx-7 parts car. it does not run but it did when we first got it. husbend thinks that it is the a-pex seal.you can have both cars and a book. obo. 9285542814 or 8979440

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
cheetoh stained headliner
garage has stairs
mufler is goon
there is no title

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/1620941336.html