Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Arli$$ being in-character was so loving bad that I'm amazed WWE continues to do poo poo like this.

Did none of you loving learn from Robocop or Chucky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

LividLiquid posted:

Arli$$ being in-character was so loving bad that I'm amazed WWE continues to do poo poo like this.

When was the last time a fictional character was on WWE?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

Chucky was so amazing. I remember people actually being interested in Rick Steiner during the build. "What the hell is going on? Who is doing that?" Everyone assumed it was someone from his past, or well... something kind of cool! I think Bob Ryder even assured everyone in Prodigy Wrestlechat that it was going somewhere great...

and then we got the Chucky reveal. It wouldn't have been so loving amazingly dumb if it hadn't been built up for a few weeks to reach such an amazing anticlimax.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

MassRayPer posted:

Chucky was so amazing. I remember people actually being interested in Rick Steiner during the build. "What the hell is going on? Who is doing that?" Everyone assumed it was someone from his past, or well... something kind of cool! I think Bob Ryder even assured everyone in Prodigy Wrestlechat that it was going somewhere great...

and then we got the Chucky reveal. It wouldn't have been so loving amazingly dumb if it hadn't been built up for a few weeks to reach such an amazing anticlimax.

Who the gently caress didn't know it was Chucky from the beginning?

Maybe I watch too many horror films but the second I heard it I said "That's Brad Dourif doing the Chucky laugh, they must be advertising for the Chucky movie coming out next month."

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dylar Addict posted:

Jeremy Piven didn't use his character's name and neither did that Napoleon Dynamite kid, but we were expected to believe that the actors are exactly like their characters, which I suppose is a bit different, but it still bothers the poo poo out of me.

MassRayPer posted:

Totally thought it was Doink. Evil, original, Jack-Nicholson Joker Doink. Not stupid clown Doink.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

LividLiquid posted:

Jeremy Piven didn't use his character's name and neither did that Napoleon Dynamite kid, but we were expected to believe that the actors are exactly like their characters, which I suppose is a bit different, but it still bothers the poo poo out of me.

They are comedians. That is what they do. Jeremy Piven is probably not a very interesting person in real life. What, did you want him to talk about his stamp collection or something?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Totally thought it was Doink. Evil, original, Jack-Nicholson Joker Doink. Not stupid clown Doink.

piven and heder didn't play ari gold or napoleon dynamite, they were just themselves.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn
Well, I had best turn on RAW tonight. There is a comedian hosting! I am very excited.

What... what is this??? This comedian... he is doing... comedy!

My word

*nose piece of glasses dissolve, turning into two monocles. Both those fuckers go flying right off*

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The last fictional characters in WWE were the Ninja Turtles on some PPV for about 3 seconds a year or two ago.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

MassRayPer posted:

The last fictional characters in WWE were the Ninja Turtles on some PPV for about 3 seconds a year or two ago.

and that inarguably loving ruled

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

This was at Hell in a Cell actually. It was the only good part of that PPV.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
You chumps are forgetting about Kevin McAllister :smug:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Dylar Addict posted:

They are comedians. That is what they do. Jeremy Piven is probably not a very interesting person in real life. What, did you want him to talk about his stamp collection or something?

Judging from his Loveline appearances in the past, Piven actually is an interesting guy. And a total horndog, from what I've heard. However, I would mark uncontrollably if Ari Gold ever hosted Raw.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

MassRayPer posted:

I was at that show and didn't even see it :smith:

EricCrapton
Dec 17, 2009
I THINK ALL WOMEN ARE DUMB BROADS

LividLiquid posted:

I don't think you're supposed to put that much thought into it. When you watch Raw, I think you're just supposed to go "hey, whoa, this is wacky and crazy!" like a circus.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

CombineThresher posted:

Judging from his Loveline appearances in the past, Piven actually is an interesting guy. And a total horndog, from what I've heard. However, I would mark uncontrollably if Ari Gold ever hosted Raw.

I've heard the guy's a total oval office who has let his fame from his lovely show go to his head.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Captain Charisma posted:

I've heard the guy's a total oval office who has let his fame from his lovely show go to his head.

So let's compromise: he's an interesting oval office.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

CombineThresher posted:

So let's compromise: he's an interesting oval office.

He's the new Denis Leary?

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
Sting, Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, The Undertaker, Kane, Hornswoggle, and Goldust are not fictional characters.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

They are if we stop beliving they'll cease to exist.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

Sting, Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, The Undertaker, Kane, Hornswoggle, and Goldust are not fictional characters.
That's not the point and you know it. We're talking about people showing up in wrestling as their characters from other projects.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Burrito posted:

He's the new Denis Leary?

I didn't say he stole his funniest material from Bill Hicks, I said he was interesting.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I clicked on this hoping to find a montage of WCW's dumbest moments.

Instead I get a kid who is going to be the next big youtube sensation shooting on the history of WCW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-WnJ9dgKhA I have no idea if this is hilarious or not. He's wrong about so much.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dylar Addict posted:

I think the closest we will be getting is Cheech and Chong if they do the hosting in character.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

CombineThresher posted:

Actually, you could count Ken Jeong tagging along with him when he hosted as a fictional character on WWE because he was doing that "Doctor Ken" bullshit that made me hate his guts until I started watching Community.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

LividLiquid posted:

That's not the point and you know it. We're talking about people showing up in wrestling as their characters from other projects.

I think we are missing the most important point: Technically this means that Robocop is in continuity with Childs Play.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SiKboy posted:

I think we are missing the most important point: Technically this means that Robocop is in continuity with Childs Play.
You just blew my mind.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

SiKboy posted:

I smell a crossover slashfic

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

KungFu Grip posted:

I think the closest we will be getting is Cheech and Chong if they do the hosting in character.

Well I mean they're gonna be two old stoners soooooo. . .

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

MassRayPer posted:

I clicked on this hoping to find a montage of WCW's dumbest moments.

Instead I get a kid who is going to be the next big youtube sensation shooting on the history of WCW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-WnJ9dgKhA I have no idea if this is hilarious or not. He's wrong about so much.

That "Wooo" at the beginning made me crack up.

Then I turned it off.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Captain Charisma posted:

He accused John Cusack of being jealous of his new found fame. Cusack. The guy who Piven probably owes more than anyone in the industry. He would have never had a career playing 40 year old men when he was only 30 due to his male baldness if it wasn't for Cusack getting him casted in just about every movie he was in.

But I digress...

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

SiKboy posted:

And WWE is in continuity with Boy Meets World. So whenever you watch RAW, take a moment to think about the trials and tribulations facing Corey Matthews as an adult.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Sugar Blaster posted:

And WWE is in continuity with Boy Meets World. So whenever you watch RAW, take a moment to think about the trials and tribulations facing Corey Matthews as an adult.

how many more steps before we work Tommy Westphall into this?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Matlock posted:

That "Wooo" at the beginning made me crack up.

Then I turned it off.

Holy poo poo I somehow missed that the first time and that's the best thing.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Lamuella posted:

how many more steps before we work Tommy Westphall into this?

I had to look this up:

WWE
Boy Meets World
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
Clueless
Moesha
The Parkers
The Hughleys
The Drew Carey Show
Coach
Newhart
The Bob Newhart Show
Homicide: Life on the Street
St. Elsewhere

13 steps. Now we can only wait for Det. Munch to show up on Raw.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Even though the whole concept of TV shows being in continuity with one another is retarded and I hate it, if you posted us accurate Raw is in continuity with the Wire...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

FishBulb posted:

Even though the whole concept of TV shows being in continuity with one another is retarded and I hate it, if you posted us accurate Raw is in continuity with the Wire...

"Omar comin'" could be the new shattering of glass.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

FishBulb posted:

I believe Belzer showed up as Munch once on the Wire, so I'm pretty sure it fits in there.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

TL posted:

I believe Belzer showed up as Munch once on the Wire, so I'm pretty sure it fits in there.

He did indeed. Which also means x-files is in the same continuity as Munch appeared there as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Skinty McEdger posted:

He did indeed. Which also means x-files is in the same continuity as Munch appeared there as well.

I get such a kick out of Katie Vick existing in the same universe at Vitameatavegamin.