Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
RC3

User JS/Browser JS fix
Fixed DSK-284257 (DEP (Data Execution Prevention) message)
Fixed DSK-284262 (Double-clicking on sent mail crashes Opera)
Fixed US-1881 (Opera Unite applications not localized in Opera 10.50 RC and RC2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
No known issues. Guess I'll take this one too. :)

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Ape Agitator posted:

Cool. My progression was 10.50 install (whichever was most current on Feb 20th) in a clean directory, hide everything but the Tab Bar/Page Bar, then upgrade to 10.50 Beta 2 using the Classic installer.

In XP you also need to use Windows XP theme, not Windows Classic :(

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Anunnaki posted:

Aww, they got rid of the transparent tabs. :( Any way to make these come back?

Yeah, the latest RC breaks them too. I miss them already.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
RC4:
http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2010/03/01/10-50-rc4#comments

Fixed CORE-28211 (Crash at wordpress.com, texterity.com, and more)
Fixed DSK-284279 (Radio buttons and checkboxes are missing in the native skin)

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.
I've been having an annoying problem since I upgraded to the 10.50 versions (now on RC4): on SA the links that appear that take you to the first new post in a thread aren't working for me except for the first time after I clear the disk cache; they just keep bringing me back to that same post. Is this happening for anyone else or am I just stupidly missing a setting?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
No, that's been an ongoing problem. Someone even came up with a SA-specific solution for it.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3007354&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=34#post372503546

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
I don't get it-- I haven't had that problem. Is it specific to non-Windows or something? :confused:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Lakitu7 posted:

I don't get it-- I haven't had that problem. Is it specific to non-Windows or something? :confused:

I've had it on Windows 7 for a while. But with all those new RCs and whatnot i can't even remember if it's still an issue. Posting also resets it.

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.

Ape Agitator posted:

No, that's been an ongoing problem. Someone even came up with a SA-specific solution for it.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3007354&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=34#post372503546

Thanks!

Mithaldu posted:

I've had it on Windows 7 for a while. But with all those new RCs and whatnot i can't even remember if it's still an issue. Posting also resets it.

I'm getting it on XP. Not sure what's going on--it never happened for me until I went to 10.50.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Yet another RC: http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/rc5-or-was-it-7

Changelog
Fixed Carakan crash at Facebook
Fixed CORE-27932 (Fixed background corrupted on scroll (large negative text-indent))
Fixed CORE-28201 (Find in page crashes if search string starts with space)
Fixed CORE-28214 (Opera freezes on loading altglyph testcase)
Fixed CORE-27755 (Multiple xslt keys with the same name cause crash)
Fixed CORE-28212 (The control buttons of widgets can no longer be disabled)
Fixed CORE-28223 (If minimized is called twice, make sure the previous window state is still remembered - related to DSK-279060 (Minimized tabs don't display after restart))
Fixed DSK-269751 (Autoupdated 10.01/10.10 doesn't start)
Fixed DSK-284468 (Closing Opera while you are on a page with Adobe Shockwave causes crash)
Fixed DSK-284486 (Adobe shockwave has stopped working)
Fixed DSK-284519 (Unite shoutbox doesn't allow posting more than 100 messages)
Fixed DSK-284349 (Create Search doesn't work)
Fixed DSK-284410 (Sends all bookmarks to link on every startup)
Fixed DSK-283223 (Widget doesn't save view mode)

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!

It's almost sad to say, but I almost don't feel like updating with all these builds coming out all of a sudden. I haven't installed RC4 (barely noticed RC3 was even released).

EDIT: Watch this space for the 10.5 final. Seems to be just the RC5 build at the moment. Nothing official until it's announced, blah blah blah.

Sergeant Hobo fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 2, 2010

GobyWan
Jun 5, 2006
tiny plastic novelty palm trees are all I need
And it's out! Going to upgrade in the morning, see if it craps itself on my custom menus and whatnot. Anyone recommend a completely clean install, or am I OK to upgrade from 10.10?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Make your choice: The browser Choice Screen rolls out to 200 million Web users Now it makes sense for them to rush so much! I completely forgot about that.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Here's hoping transparent tabs come back, I'm not digging the pale blueness right now. Other than that, the Final seems to be pretty much the same as the rest and hasn't been a crashfest.

I'd kill to have the active tab be "wide" though. It's pretty much the most elegant solution to getting the thread title onscreen now that my titlebar is filled with excellence. Do any of the other browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) do that?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

• Noninteractable white boxes appearing that persist in restarts. A friend said this is stuff not loading that shows up after a restart but it hasn't for me.
  • MDI is very broken, windows constantly being placed off-screen, etc, where I have to do Window > Maximize All to fix it. Minimize/maximize/close buttons completely gone.
  • Font rendering in textareas hosed? (did they change the default font?) Edit: I think it switched to using Consolas now for monospace areas, don't remember what the font was before.
  • Font rendering in UI area is showing black text with a dark gray shadow on a black transluent background.
  • Tiny bubbles in the bottom-right of tabs to indicate that they have loaded while not in focus, replacing the old way it was with the page icon.
  • This new gray bar in the bottom left refuses to die. Customize appearance won't let me remove it. Figured this one out.

I know most of this will probably be fixed with a clean install, but that is really, really annoying for an upgrade build.

:argh::argh:

Edit: the password manager is now an in-page popup, what the hell?

gibbed fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 2, 2010

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...
^^ 10.5 wouldn't show up in autoupdate so I did a clean install, and I have both transparent tabs and the pop down password manager. also the update bubbles are gone, yay.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

thrawn86 posted:

^^ 10.5 wouldn't show up in autoupdate so I did a clean install, and I have both transparent tabs and the pop down password manager. also the update bubbles are gone, yay.
Whoops, I meant upgrade, not update.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

gibbed posted:

Edit: the password manager is now an in-page popup, what the hell?

Part of removing modal dialogs that prevent you from changing tabs when visible.

I'm more angry about the password manager closing on its own after a while, before I'm able to determine if I typed the password correctly.

kholdstayr
Dec 7, 2002
Revenge is a dish best served Khold

thrawn86 posted:

What? I just did an Opera 10.5 install and I have the tab bubbles and my tabs aren't transparent. I am using Windows 7 for reference.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...
yeah, me too. pro x32. upgrade or clean install? e: I'm using the newest z1-glass skin

anyone getting weird behaviour with embedded youtube videos? the video frame will freeze/become distorted and scrolling away from the video and then back will usually resync it.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Another "does anyone else ..." post.

Bookmarklets don't work (tumblr, Instapaper, Readability).

Flash videos screw up when scrolling, and the text with duration information in YouTube videos is screwed up.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

ufarn posted:

Flash videos screw up when scrolling, and the text with duration information in YouTube videos is screwed up.
Flash videos are weird, half the players work great, but youtube's still has major issues.

Also coming back from a d3d game sometimes disables the majority of the UI rendering.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Another thing: Does anyone have the same experience with the bookmark manager syncing indefinitely after program exit? Obviously, I want to migrate my bookmarks to the new version of Opera, but it seems to go on forever.

GobyWan
Jun 5, 2006
tiny plastic novelty palm trees are all I need
So this is more like RC5 or beta 3 than final, then? I think I'm going to hold off until they actually finish this version, rather than use the "oh gently caress the browser choice screen hits TODAY GOGOGOGOGO!!!!" build.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
It's entirely usable as a main install and I don't regret the choice to upgrade from 10.2 or whatever, but yeah definitely it's more rushed than their other final releases have been, and you may want to wait for 10.51. However, they've been really freakin' killing themselves to get this out on time, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see no new builds for a week or so as they rest.

[edit] That said I don't seem to have most of the problems that other people do, and the problems I did have were solved by nuking my profile folder, i.e. doing a clean install.

[edit2] The one thing that's still ticking me off is when I save files, sometimes if the filename has spaces in it, it leaves all of them as %20 and I have to fix it manually because this%20looks%20ugly%20as%20hell.

Lakitu7 fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 2, 2010

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Can I get some education on the new opera:cache? So my most common thing to do with the old cache was let a youtube video finish downloading then drag the cache file to MPC to play it that way (so I had better control and presentation of stuff). I did this by using explorer so I never had much need for o:c. But with the new method of creating a ton of directories this is harder to do.

So if I bring up o:c and then youtube.com I find a number of videoplaybacks which are clearly the videos. But if I click them, it seems to always redownload them from the site. What's the logic behind redownloading a file I currently have on-disk in cache? Is there any way to open the file on the disk through the opera:config dialog?

I'm totally confused by how to make use of the cache browser because it seems to be more of a file history browser than a cache browser considering it seems to never draw from files on the hd. Have I wandered astray and misunderstood it? Is my opera not behaving and you can launch files on the hard drive via the o:c page?

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
I looked at an old install on my Laptop and found that the old font for textinput boxes was Courier New, in case someone wants to switch back from the current one (Consolas).

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Lakitu7 posted:

I looked at an old install on my Laptop and found that the old font for textinput boxes was Courier New, in case someone wants to switch back from the current one (Consolas).
Thank you. Consolas rules but for some reason it renders really oddly in the inputs.

Edit: heh, still broken with Courier New. Guess I'll put the effort into clean installing soon.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 3, 2010

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Haha. If an image served by waffleimages is loaded into the page, and there's a link to the same image (to the proper img.waffleimages.com server) on the same page, when you right-click, Copy Link Address, it copies the served image's address instead of the real link, even though it shows the correct URL in the statusbar. :v:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

gibbed posted:

Haha. If an image served by waffleimages is loaded into the page, and there's a link to the same image (to the proper img.waffleimages.com server) on the same page, when you right-click, Copy Link Address, it copies the served image's address instead of the real link, even though it shows the correct URL in the statusbar. :v:

I noticed the same thing with url redirectors. If you visit the url and it redirects you, you cannot copy the original url anymore.

Click the first link, come back to the results, try to copy the address of the link

e: actual example
e2: gently caress, and the bug report wizard doesn't work: "An error occurred while processing your bug report"

Wheany fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Mar 3, 2010

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

gibbed posted:

Thank you. Consolas rules but for some reason it renders really oddly in the inputs.

Edit: heh, still broken with Courier New. Guess I'll put the effort into clean installing soon.

Courier New doesn't look quite "right" to me anymore either. I'm not sure what they changed. Maybe the size?

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

Wheany posted:

e2: gently caress, and the bug report wizard doesn't work: "An error occurred while processing your bug report"

It got through, I'll confirm it.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Tyrion posted:

It got through, I'll confirm it.

Well, hopefully there wasn't a bazillion duplicate reports from me :f5h::f5:ing

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

For those who have the "new post button doesn't work" problem, but tend to use "Bookmarked Threads" more than the actual forum pages:
code:
// ==UserScript==
// @include       [url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/*[/url]
// ==/UserScript==
window.addEventListener(
	'load',
	 function(e) {
		if ( !document.body ) return;
		var thread_list_link_pos = window.location.toString().indexOf("forumdisplay.php");
		thread_list_link_pos += window.location.toString().indexOf("bookmarkthreads.php");
		if ( thread_list_link_pos <= 0 ) return;

var links = document.getElementsByTagName("a");
		var now = (new Date()).getTime();

for (var i = 0; i < links.length; i++) {
			var new_post_pos = links[i].href.indexOf("goto=newpost");
			if ( new_post_pos <= 0 ) continue;

links[i].href += "&now=" + now;
		}
	},
	false
);

GIMMEL
Jan 24, 2005

by Lowtax
How do I make it so I can middle click my bookmarks button entries? I have to shift click in order to open them in a new tab, unlike what I'm used to in firefox.

It's a deal breaker!!

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

GIMMEL posted:

How do I make it so I can middle click my bookmarks button entries? I have to shift click in order to open them in a new tab, unlike what I'm used to in firefox.

It's a deal breaker!!

Does this help?:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3007354&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=36#post373011941

There was a regression where we don't override the middle click button functionality anymore for SetPoint, and possibly other mouse drivers.

The Drifter
Apr 21, 2006
Is there anyway to set this up for multiple profiles? I know the way to have it with separate shortcuts, but I want something more like the Firefox way of handling it. I want something like this.

I know its a longshot but it doesn't hurt to ask.

GIMMEL
Jan 24, 2005

by Lowtax

Tyrion posted:

Does this help?:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3007354&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=36#post373011941

There was a regression where we don't override the middle click button functionality anymore for SetPoint, and possibly other mouse drivers.

No, I don't use setpoint.
Middle clicking for tabs works everywhere, except for in the little bookmarks button menu. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Dealy Lama
Apr 2, 2005
Hail Eris! Hail Eris! Hail Eris!
I did the upgrade to 10.5 and I found a bug I guess. Has anyone else found that the message section of the mail client is showing only a grey box, with no message. My new mails and all the old ones are just blank panes. Any help?

edit: I went to the opera forums and found the solution, all I have to do is turn off the global 'fit to width' option. That sucks because I use it all the time with pages zoomed 150%. I stopped using hotmail.com and used the opera mail client because hotmail has the same issue. What the gently caress Opera?

the Dealy Lama fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 4, 2010