Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cookie Monster
Dec 30, 2008

That's good enough for me!
"My wife has been sleeping with every damned Tom, Dick, and Harry in town. She's been just having a Thanksgiving dinner of sex with every man she can find."

"Don't worry I'm your best friend you can always talk to me." *kiss*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mullet
Aug 19, 2007

I loved how Ben Hur said "Thank You" after tim gave out for being late.

bag squad
Sep 5, 2008

by T. Finninho
Tim looks so weird with his beard.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

The Cookie Monster posted:

"She's been just having a Thanksgiving dinner of sex with every man she can find."

I'm gonna start describing loose women this way from now on

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Skittle Wood posted:

I'm not sure what the gently caress was up with the anti-trans joke, but my trans roommate and I were not amused.
Thanks for this, humorless alternagoon; the sketch is now 300% funnier. :qq: <- :roflolmao:

Calculon
Mar 19, 2006

WAKE UP AMERICA

Mr Viper posted:

I'll be "that guy" and tell you that wasn't Tracy Morgan, it was Pierre, one of the regulars on the show.
Oof... Well I wasn't in a clear state of mind when I watched that and I assumed they got him as a package deal with Kenneth the Page.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was kind of weird that Tim and Eric didn't actually do any sketches themselves and were just in the bookend parts.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

muscles like this? posted:

It was kind of weird that Tim and Eric didn't actually do any sketches themselves and were just in the bookend parts.

I had a feeling that something was off about that episode, but couldn't quite figure it out. Thanks.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

muscles like this? posted:

It's happened before, or pretty close. They feature less and less as they've built their weird little menagerie, but I don't think it's a bad thing at all.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I figure out why Quall of Duty was so funny for me. I'm willing to bet they told David and Quall to act the parts out as best as they possibly could, and it was incredible.

Also, I could watch Quall stand alone on the stage for hours and hours.

PatrickDomino
Apr 2, 2001
April's Fool.

TL posted:

I figure out why Quall of Duty was so funny for me. I'm willing to bet they told David and Quall to act the parts out as best as they possibly could, and it was incredible.

Hah, his faces tonight were priceless. The one he has on during the opening intro was great as well as the one before the credits roll... I love me some James Quall.

I am so glad this episode was amazing. I am hoping they can keep this momentum rolling for all of season Cinco.

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.
I've been enjoying Tim's tweets about Leno. "Pizza Hut sending one frozen mushroom pizza to every American who watches tonight show tonight!! Call in and let them know you watched!"

Fecotourist
Nov 1, 2008
Speaking of Tracy Morgan, isn't there a subplot in Cop Out about Tracy's wife cheating? Quall of Duty is funnier for me if I imagine Quall as Bruce Willis and DLH as Tracy Morgan.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I just watched the episode online (I forgot Season Cinco was premiering until a couple days ago :( ) and I would kill to see a full 30-60 minute 'episode' of Quall of Duty. I nearly lost it at the scene where DLH and his puppet were busting the guy for prostitution. The interrogation scene was pretty hilarious as well.

The rest of the skits were pretty hilarious, especially the Morning Meditations (I think that's what it was called, it had that somewhat ugly lady making weird noises), and the Brule's Rules. I was laughing through most of it and only stopped when I wanted to see/hear what was going on and/or catch my breath.

I hope the rest of the season either meets or tops this episode. :)

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I love that they worked the puppets into Quall of Duty. I don't remember doing that before for the other skits of this kind they worked DLH into (Back to Squall, the winter house party, etc).

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

I always hate the gross-out sketches, but they always seem to have something redeeming about them, like Pierre.

Plus the bride was pretty hot.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-

Zapf Dingbat posted:

I always hate the gross-out sketches, but they always seem to have something redeeming about them, like Pierre.

Plus the bride was pretty hot.

She was also interviewed by Dunn in one sketch, and I think she's been in others too. A good looking women and seemingly a good sport.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

YancyDCjew posted:

She was also interviewed by Dunn in one sketch, and I think she's been in others too. A good looking women and seemingly a good sport.

Yep, Tanese Gray: http://video.adultswim.com/tim-and-eric-awesome-show-great-job/shot-dunn.html

Plibt.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Hi I'm Tanese and i'd like to sing...

sexy for you.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

YancyDCjew posted:

She and that guy were in the "Not Jackie Chan" sketch as a couple too.

Also, that Diarrhea stopper sketch was funny because Jack MacBryer's (or however it's spelled) reactions when he's inside the guy's rectum and swept away by diarrhea.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Gaseous Snake posted:

He may not be cute but he's an ok man.

He's a weird man, but he's taller than your father.

Not really.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I will always remember the guy getting married as the "Tiny Hats" guy. That was him, wasn't it? His best man was the same guy he saved from the evil doll.

Any idea if the haircuts stay with Tim and Eric throughout the season?

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008

Mike_V posted:

She and that guy were in the "Not Jackie Chan" sketch as a couple too.

Also, that Diarrhea stopper sketch was funny because Jack MacBryer's (or however it's spelled) reactions when he's inside the guy's rectum and swept away by diarrhea.

Yeah, that was hilarious. I also loved how he was terribly CGI'd into the ending credits.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I will always remember the guy getting married as the "Tiny Hats" guy. That was him, wasn't it? His best man was the same guy he saved from the evil doll.

Any idea if the haircuts stay with Tim and Eric throughout the season?

Yes, that was definitely the Tiny Hats guys. "I was spying on you during your date and I noticed your dolls were alive, so I took them out."

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

TL posted:

Having been accosted by David for change outside of a non related show, I can confirm these people are no joke. They are the real deal and they couldn't get them to "act" that way if they wanted. It's all real. They are nut jobs. Great start to the new and last season. Can't wait for Awesome Con this year... if there will be one.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

AxeManiac posted:

Having been accosted by David for change outside of a non related show, I can confirm these people are no joke.

I'm sure you've recounted the story before, but he "accosted" you for change?

On an unrelated note, it would be pretty funny to make a list of the real crazies on Tim and Eric, and the sane people playing crazies. We know people like DLH and Quall are insane, and Richard Dunn is just merrily awkward, but other people seem to fall in a gray area.

Ben Hur, for example. Does he only barely understand english or something? As somebody pointed out earlier, he thanked Tim after being berated, and his gimmick, if it is a gimmick, is that he speaks broken english. Then there are other guys--Druwing, Austar, and so on.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Ben Hur, for example. Does he only barely understand english or something? As somebody pointed out earlier, he thanked Tim after being berated, and his gimmick, if it is a gimmick, is that he speaks broken english. Then there are other guys--Druwing, Austar, and so on.

I don't know, if it was true that Ben Hur really doesn't understand English that well, and they were still using it to make him the but of jokes and yelling at him knowing he wouldn't understand, it seems like it would be a bit more mean-spirited than Tim and Eric have appeared in interviews, where they're always emphasizing that they try to laugh along with rather than at DLH, Quall, etc.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Chairman Capone posted:

I don't know, if it was true that Ben Hur really doesn't understand English that well, and they were still using it to make him the but of jokes and yelling at him knowing he wouldn't understand, it seems like it would be a bit more mean-spirited than Tim and Eric have appeared in interviews, where they're always emphasizing that they try to laugh along with rather than at DLH, Quall, etc.

To be fair, it seemed pretty clear Tim was yelling at Hur as part of a joke.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
I thought everyone that was on the Pierre's Old People Dancing skit worked on the Tim and Eric show, like Ben Hur, Druwing, Sit on You guy, but guess not.

And speaking of DLH, I wonder if he got mad about the Jim and Derrek episode with Pierre mocking him. "I'm CRAZYYY!"

YankeeAirPirate
Jun 3, 2006

"Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work."
Edit

YankeeAirPirate fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 9, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Geodude posted:

And speaking of DLH, I wonder if he got mad about the Jim and Derrek episode with Pierre mocking him. "I'm CRAZYYY!"

According to an AV Club interview

AV Club posted:

AVC: What was David Liebe Hart's reaction to the more "hip" version of himself in that episode?

TH: Oh man, he was there in the studio for that, and we let him direct that man. He was upset. He was very concerned for his career—that we wouldn't use him anymore.

EW: We tried to explain to him that this was a parody of him, and how people perceive him and how someone like him would be on Fuel TV or something. He didn't quite get that, but he still had a good time directing it.

AVC: What directions did he give?

TH: Well, the directions were funny, because they were the directions that he himself never uses in the performances. Like, "You've got to keep your mouth closed when you're using the puppet. When the puppet's singing, you keep your mouth closed!" Like, David—you never do that! [Laughs.]

EW: Yeah, he's never done that. [Chuckles.] That was good.

TH: [Laughs.] And then he kept saying, "Well, maybe I should just do it. Maybe I should just do it." [Laughs.]

AVC: Like he was just setting him up to fail, then David could step in and save the day?

EW: Yeah. What's crazier is that the fake David in that whole situation—that's the guy we should be talking about. What is he thinking when he's being directed by this other guy?

TH: Well, there's so much of that that goes on here—people that get cast and they're like, "What is this show? I don't know what this show is." And I'm like, "Oh, it's a comedy show." And then they get thrust into our world for an hour, and they leave.

Full link: http://www.avclub.com/articles/tim-and-eric,22902/

YankeeAirPirate posted:

I've meant to post this every time I pass by this thread: Thank you, Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job, for stopping me watching Cartoon Network ever again after you were added to the lineup a couple years ago. I'm happier and healthier for it.

Great Job!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I've been thinking lately, and most of the people that I know who like T&E's stuff are really conscious, with-it people. So, kudos, T&E, to giving me a good barometer when I meet someone who likes the show.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Mike_V posted:

I've been thinking lately, and most of the people that I know who like T&E's stuff are really conscious, with-it people. So, kudos, T&E, to giving me a good barometer when I meet someone who likes the show.

To me, it's been a mix. Lame and cool people alike dislike T&E. However, lame people are generally more vocal about their dislike, whereas cool people generally don't get emotional about it. I think this can be extended just about anything, though.

YankeeAirPirate posted:

:jerkbag:

Ya blew it.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

YankeeAirPirate posted:

I've meant to post this every time I pass by this thread: Thank you, Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job, for stopping me watching Cartoon Network ever again after you were added to the lineup a couple years ago. I'm happier and healthier for it.

wooah buddy the adult swim forums are that-a-way.

Seriously though, if any of you guys are wondering about DLH & Quall read this, if you havent yet.
http://myperegrination.com/Journal/Entries/2010/1/13_Suffering_from_a_Broken_Hart.html

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

glompix posted:

To me, it's been a mix. Lame and cool people alike dislike T&E. However, lame people are generally more vocal about their dislike, whereas cool people generally don't get emotional about it. I think this can be extended just about anything, though.

Exactly. I don't like Lost at all, but I feel no need to register my dislike of it. I don't like several Adult Swim shows, either, but I don't rage on them. I just don't watch, or I give them a chance, find I dislike it and turn it off.

Never quite understood why people have such strong feelings about shows, to the point they refuse to even watch a network anymore. Seems silly.

Edit: Re YET ANOTHER FAG. What a story. The fact that Quall and David Liebe Hart live near each other is just too perfect.

And this: We all began to exit David’s apartment. I was surprised to see the rotten cottage cheese in hand. David was actually going to throw it out. As he locked his apartment door he turned to James and requested that James throw it out for him. His exact words were, “Will you throw this out for me? I don’t want to slip, fall in to it, accidentally eat it, and get sick.” This is logic that baffles the normal person, but David honestly was concerned that this was a possibility. Without question James took the cottage cheese to throw out for his good friend.

Strenuous Manflurry fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 5, 2010

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled
Okay, reading over this old A/V Club article, what did ever happen to the Steve Brule spin-off? Also thank you all for providing material for me to read during work.

VVV Oh, right. I'm denying antecedents all over the place today.

glompix fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 5, 2010

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

glompix posted:

Well, I'm not talking about people who dislike it (I usually don't like ask someone straight up, usually it'll come up at some point), just that people who do like it are generally people on the level.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

glompix posted:

Okay, reading over this old A/V Club article, what did ever happen to the Steve Brule spin-off? Also thank you all for providing material for me to read during work.

One of them mentioned it on twitter saying it was still on, so I will hold on to that.

About people liking it or not liking it, its always funny to me that it seems like, more than anything else, people get seriously offended by a comedy show they do not find funny. People can accept a dumb drama or something like that, but if its a comedy they do not get they will freak out and say such angry things.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Clouseau posted:

About people liking it or not liking it, its always funny to me that it seems like, more than anything else, people get seriously offended by a comedy show they do not find funny. People can accept a dumb drama or something like that, but if its a comedy they do not get they will freak out and say such angry things.

Even more-so than not liking Tim and Eric, the general complaint is "I don't get it." And to me, that's just lazy, and it almost always means you didn't watch it past a few seconds. I know it's an esoteric, bizarre show, but it's actually not hard to understand after watching a couple of episodes. I first got into the Awesome Show because of the "Do Dah Do Do" song and dance, at which point I "got it."

And not to commit blasphemy and compare T&E to Monty Python's Flying Circus, but any ballsy, trailblazing comedy program is going to have the "I don't get it" defense pulled on it. Just like you said, people will happily accept any other form of entertainment, as generic and bland as it may be, but will get downright livid at a quirky comedy show.

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting

YankeeAirPirate posted:

Cool

Clouseau posted:

One of them mentioned it on twitter saying it was still on, so I will hold on to that.

I think this is because people hate the implication that they don't "get" something. If there's something other people like that a person doesn't find funny, they take it extremely personally, as if they're being told they're dumber than the people who do "get it".

Even more-so than not liking Tim and Eric, the general complaint is "I don't get it." And to me, that's just lazy, and it almost always means you didn't watch it past a few seconds. I know it's an esoteric, bizarre show, but it's actually not hard to understand after watching a couple of episodes.
I never really see this happen, though. The negative reactions I see to Tim and Eric usually go something like "It's not that I don't get it, it's just not funny."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

wooah buddy the adult swim forums are that-a-way.

Seriously though, if any of you guys are wondering about DLH & Quall read this, if you havent yet.
http://myperegrination.com/Journal/Entries/2010/1/13_Suffering_from_a_Broken_Hart.html

Thanks for this. Such a bittersweet article :(