Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

TL posted:

I believe Belzer showed up as Munch once on the Wire, so I'm pretty sure it fits in there.

He didn't really show up as Munch. He was just sitting in a bar, telling the bartender that he used to own a bar himself.

The Wire and Homicide:LOTS can't really be in the same continuity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Misc.
Sep 8, 2007

Why don't the kids
want to buy my mask?
:mad:
So does this mean that as soon as the first celebrety did a guest spot as themselves that everything now exists in... our continuity?

OR DID I JUST BLOW YOUR MIND!?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

MrBling posted:

He didn't really show up as Munch. He was just sitting in a bar, telling the bartender that he used to own a bar himself.

The Wire and Homicide:LOTS can't really be in the same continuity.

Munch used to own a bar on Homicide. I'm certain it's supposed to be him.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
And this is why its a stupid thing...

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

TL posted:

Munch used to own a bar on Homicide. I'm certain it's supposed to be him.

Problem with that is the absolutely huge crossover of actors playing different roles on the shows. They just aren't in the same continuity.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

MrBling posted:

Problem with that is the absolutely huge crossover of actors playing different roles on the shows. They just aren't in the same continuity.

Ya but Law and Order and Homicide are in the same continuity and they also have a huge crossover pf actors playing different roles.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

MrBling posted:

In Law&Order:SVU, ADA Novak is played by a woman who a few seasons prior was a criminal who raped a male stripper :eng101:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wojtek posted:

In Law&Order:SVU, ADA Novak is played by a woman who a few seasons prior was a criminal who raped a male stripper :eng101:

Yep and J. K. Simmons played a racist who ended up dying and then played the psychiatrist Emil Skoda

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Maybe it's Earth-2. Munch and Munch-Prime?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

CobiWann posted:

Maybe it's Earth-2. Munch and Munch-Prime?

Does this mean the 7 year rule is a result of Munch-Prime punching the walls of reality too hard?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Gonna blow a few minds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7n_SHrK408

Captain Misc.
Sep 8, 2007

Why don't the kids
want to buy my mask?
:mad:

Matlock posted:

Gonna blow a few minds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7n_SHrK408

What happened to ABC's John Stossham!?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Does this mean Raw is also in the same continuity as The Simpsons

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
No gaddamit no everybody shut up about this!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
"I am disrespectful to dirt!"

-Steve Austin

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Everyone who has posted off topic will be banned!

Or, to not be banned they can watch this instead: Goldberg vs Scott Hall in a LADDER MATCH from Souled Out 99.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKT2MbgLriY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8SW5IH_Fmw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXoRmGP9Ba0

This is not an exciting match.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

MassRayPer posted:

This is not an exciting match.

Remember at the time there was a huge buzz about how this was the best ladder match since HBK and razor at WMX. It becomes more of a joke when 6 months later the Hardys and Edge and Christian reinvented the match at No Mercy.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

I loved the ending to that match.

Bigelow missing his entrance
Goldberg mugging like mad
Hall no-selling the spear, jackknife, and stun gun to slowly and childishly stun Bigelow and Goldberg

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Remember at the time there was a huge buzz about how this was the best ladder match since HBK and razor at WMX. It becomes more of a joke when 6 months later the Hardys and Edge and Christian reinvented the match at No Mercy.

No, there really wasn't. I remember watching this on PPV and I don't remember it getting any positive reviews at the time. Especially not compared to the Razor/HBK rematch, or even the Eddie/Syxx Ladder match from Souled Out.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Skinty McEdger posted:

Are you sure you're not mixing this up with Benoit/Hall Ladder?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Awesome, some dude on youtube posted a every segment of Warrior's WCW run.

His first promo is especially fascinating as each time he pauses for a pop, the pop gets smaller, and smaller and smaller until it is on the same level of anyone talking to Hulk Hogan. Also hilarious is some guy with a weird horn that pops up a few times.

Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKRuGZ6I1iM

Full Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0C1287FD2AB8119A

Good god this poo poo goes on FOREVER.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 6, 2010

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

MassRayPer posted:

Awesome, some dude on youtube posted a retrospective of Warrior's WCW run.

As much as Beefcake tries, he'll never be as shiny and golden as Hogan :(

One must wonder if Hogan constantly pitched Hogan vs. Beefcake in the WWF and they were only able to do it in WCW with Zodiac.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

THE FANS RECOGNIZE HIM, AND SO DOES HOGAN!

AND SO...SO DO WE ! ! !

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I was so excited at the beginning when Warrior came out. Me and my friends would all watch wrestling at someone's house and we all thought it was awesome when Warrior came out. 17 agonizing minutes later, we all had this stupid look on our face like "what just happened here?" Warrior became huge by having blood-pumping music, running his rear end off to the ring, and winning in like 5 minutes.

So WCW lets him ramble philosophically and the segment dies a slow death. And he only had like 3 matches there. I don't know how they screwed that up so badly. My 16-year-old self and all my friends and everyone at school was so psyched about him coming back and it turned into one big "meh."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lone Rogue posted:

One must wonder if Hogan constantly pitched Hogan vs. Beefcake in the WWF and they were only able to do it in WCW with Zodiac.

Nope they headlined one of the worst Starrcade's with this match. Good old Starrcade 1994 which also had a match between Jean-Paul Levesque and Alex Wright. Guess who won?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Lone Rogue posted:

Actually, that was when he was Brutus "The Butcher" Beefcake. Yecch.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
Would Jamie Kellner not cancel WCW programming had the company still been doing great business, or was his idea of what constituted as "proper programming" for his stations simply wasn't going to allow WCW to live another day no matter what?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Disharmony posted:

Would Jamie Kellner not cancel WCW programming had the company still been doing great business, or was his idea of what constituted as "proper programming" for his stations simply wasn't going to allow WCW to live another day no matter what?

WCW was losing 60 million a year. That is why it was sold and cancelled so they could be rid of it completely. If it was doing the ratings of 97, 98 and even 99 it would have NEVER been cancelled. They tried for 3 months to sell it to Bischoff and Fusient without wanting to cancel it. But those talks stalled out, and even before Kellner was named it seemed that WCW was dead as Siegel turned down substantial offers from Jerry Jarrett's group. AOL-Time Warner was just sick of dealing with this and didn't want to be held to airing these shows for years to come as the part of a sale when ratings had tanked.

I've said it before, but you can look what AOL-Time Warner did in the next few years as it cut out money losing divisions, and cut the fat everywhere. They even cut the scouting budget of the Braves. So when you are in a mode where you'll cut SCOUTING from a baseball team, a broken company like WCW is an easy thing to ditch.

Edit: also, Hogan calling himself "Woody" in the Warrior videos is loving creepy.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Mar 6, 2010

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRayPer posted:

Awesome, some dude on youtube posted a every segment of Warrior's WCW run.

Oh god this owns

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Does this playlist include the time Warrior was hiding inside Hogan's mirror? That was the first time I can remember being embarrassed to watch wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stringer_Bell posted:

Does this playlist include the time Warrior was hiding inside Hogan's mirror? That was the first time I can remember being embarrassed to watch wrestling.

IT INCLUDES EVERYTHING!

From the mirror, to The Disciple in the bathroom, to the Disciple in the ring, to the Disciple on the ramp, to the Disciple in the rafters, EVERYTHING!

Honky Donkey Man
May 15, 2004

I'm an Ass Man

Stringer_Bell posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meKeIlYcreQ#t=4m17

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

My favorite part is that Bischoff can't see Mirror Warrior. Not only does Warrior have the power to travel inside of mirror world, he selectively chooses who can see him.
I wish they would have done more with this. Maybe The Brain should have seen Warrior, but not Tony. Have different feeds going to different parts of the country, some with the Warrior in the mirror, some without.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
To this day my casual wrestling friends think that the warrior who came back in WCW is a look alike because the real warrior died when he left WWF.

I don't know if they're in denial or are just really stupid.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

maniacripper posted:

To this day my casual wrestling friends think that the warrior who came back in WCW is a look alike because the real warrior died when he left WWF.

I don't know if they're in denial or are just really stupid.

it was a fairly common rumor in the early 90s.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Also guys, I decided to rebuild my wcw collection so I have all the Thunders from 98 and about the first half of 99 and all of 2000. Plus Nitros from 95, Jan-July 99 and July 99-March 2000, June 2000. And of course Nitros and Thunders from 2001. Plus I think more or less all the PPVs from 98 to 2001 and pretty much all the Clash of Champions as well, so if there's something you'd want to see I could probably put it up on dailymotion.

MrBling fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Mar 7, 2010

Salt In The Wound
Oct 25, 2005

Hand Jobber Extraordinare

dusty udder smoker posted:

Also they could be confused with the memorable Renegade.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Salt In The Wound posted:

Also they could be confused with the memorable Renegade.

You are wrong the Renegade was never memorable. But he is dead so very very dead.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

dusty udder smoker posted:

The rumor was that the Warrior that came back at WrestleMania 8 wasn't the same one that left in the fall of 1991. The reason was that he had a different hairstyle. That's the rumor you are thinking of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The Croc posted:

You are wrong the Renegade was never memorable. But he is dead so very very dead.

I think you missed his sarcasm :ssh: