Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I think people are negative towards Tim and Eric because they just look at the surface and don't realize there is some real intelligence and direction underneath it. I'm not saying this to sound all "Heh, plebs don't understand the art :smug:", I just think it's real easy to gloss over it as pure incoherence and shock humor for the sake of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Waaay back at the start of this thread, a goon who interned on T&E said that this was Richard Dunn's girlfriend. Apparently they like to listen to reggae together. Also in the extended version of gettin it dunn on the season 3 dvd they talk about how they met.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Geodude posted:

And speaking of DLH, I wonder if he got mad about the Jim and Derrek episode with Pierre mocking him. "I'm CRAZYYY!"

Does Pierre just have a forgettable face or something? First someone thought he was Tracy Morgan, now he's being put into skits he wasn't in.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Seriously though, if any of you guys are wondering about DLH & Quall read this, if you havent yet.
http://myperegrination.com/Journal/Entries/2010/1/13_Suffering_from_a_Broken_Hart.html

Oh, man. Oh, you poor, probably schizophrenic man.

:smith:

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Oh, man. Oh, you poor, probably schizophrenic man.

:smith:

Seriously, it's a great read but it does take a turn for the crazy depressing pretty much immediately.

I like how Quall took the cottage cheese out for DLH though.
:unsmith:

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

For anyone who missed the amazing Tim & Eric Nite Live back when it was on in 2007-2008, this guy uploaded all the episodes of it.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

robot roll call posted:

I think people are negative towards Tim and Eric because they just look at the surface and don't realize there is some real intelligence and direction underneath it. I'm not saying this to sound all "Heh, plebs don't understand the art :smug:", I just think it's real easy to gloss over it as pure incoherence and shock humor for the sake of it.
It is. I'm as against CATBIRDHAM RANDOM ZOR LOL!! non-humor (re: 95% of adult swim anything) as anyone you'll meet, and I adore T&E. It's so meta about so many things that a lot of people simply don't have the wherewithal to realize that it's a vicious cultural satire first and foremost.

Years back, I loathed TGTTM because at first glance it's some ugly, noisy aimless abomination. Then one day, it 'clicked'. I had some kind of minor epiphany, realized what those two guys were doing and just how subversive it was.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 5, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

I like how Quall took the cottage cheese out for DLH though.
:unsmith:

Seriously, this is so beautiful.

quote:

“Will you throw this out for me? I don’t want to slip, fall in to it, accidentally eat it, and get sick.” This is logic that baffles the normal person, but David honestly was concerned that this was a possibility. Without question James took the cottage cheese to throw out for his good friend.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

For anyone who missed the amazing Tim & Eric Nite Live back when it was on in 2007-2008, this guy uploaded all the episodes of it.

Sperts!

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

From Eric's Twitter:

quote:

TAEAS,GJ! EP 502 "PUBERTY" airs this Sun at 12:30 on Adult Swim. (Eric hits pubbs naturally before Tim, causing Tim to seek out synthetic ways to activate pubbs to catch up with Eric.)

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Can't remember if this was posted here, but: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1608245/

Who knows if it was just DLH making it to satisfy his ego or what.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Seriously though, if any of you guys are wondering about DLH & Quall read this, if you havent yet.
http://myperegrination.com/Journal/Entries/2010/1/13_Suffering_from_a_Broken_Hart.html

Somebody needs to get hold of an in-home aid at the nearest social services department for him. Having all that crap in that tiny apartment will make him extremely sick.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

cheap sunglasses posted:

Somebody needs to get hold of an in-home aid at the nearest social services department for him. Having all that crap in that tiny apartment will make him extremely sick.

He doesnt really seem like the type of person that would take kindly to that sort of thing... Unless it was a nice lady, maybe. :unsmith:

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

Loving all the Bread Harrity memorabilia in the background.

And don't forget the large meatballs, the meatballs, the meatballs, the meatballs, the meatballs, the meatballs, the meatballs, the meatballs, the meatballs, the meatballs, the meatballs, the meatballs, just riiiiiiight!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
One of the things I think that really makes Tim & Eric work so well is that they are two odd looking mean (well, Eric in particular) who are perfectly content to make themselves look like complete boobs with clothes and make-up. Seriously, that picture makes them look like two of the biggest dorks you'll ever meet, and I can't wait to see it.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

The premiere of season five was a total let-down for me. The diarrhea sketch was really awful, everything about the scene was poorly done. Quall of Duty had decent bits but still didn't feel right. Brules rules was also strangely off its game. the whole episode felt like they were pressed for time and didn't attempt to really nail anything they attempted.

after episodes like Universe and Tennis, they're going to have to pick up the pace.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Anyone here ever ordered from T&E's online store? If so, how long did it take for you to get your stuff/did you receive an order/shipping confirmation?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

culver posted:

The premiere of season five was a total let-down for me. The diarrhea sketch was really awful, everything about the scene was poorly done. Quall of Duty had decent bits but still didn't feel right. Brules rules was also strangely off its game. the whole episode felt like they were pressed for time and didn't attempt to really nail anything they attempted.

after episodes like Universe and Tennis, they're going to have to pick up the pace.

I disagree, but it's alright. I thought the diarrhea sketch was the best poo poo poop related sketch since the poo poo poop tube. Jack McBrayer swimming in a tide of feces inside of a man's colon was hysterical. The ridiculous running kissing gag, which built to Quall giving David Hart a kiss on the forehead was well executed, and came right after my new favorite term from T&E: Thanksgiving Dinner of Sex.

In all, I thought it was a very good episode. Not as good, perhaps, as the two best episodes from last season, but better than most. Plus we got Ron Austar!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

bobula posted:

Anyone here ever ordered from T&E's online store? If so, how long did it take for you to get your stuff/did you receive an order/shipping confirmation?

I've ordered from them before. I got my stuff fairly quickly. Then again it takes me a good while to get things since I'm out to sea most the time. But I remember it not taking that long. They even sent me an autograph recently. Like it was a Valentine's gift or something. Weird.

Groan Zone
Nov 21, 2004

chug-a-lug, donna

culver posted:

You thought Tennis was one of the better episodes???

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Tennis was awesome it had Grum!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Firefox Asexual posted:

You thought Tennis was one of the better episodes???
Tennis was one of the best episodes they've done to this point.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Yeah seriously, I was led to believe that Tennis was most definitely best of the season.

MAIZE.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

MAIZE.

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

I heard Kelsey Grammar did that character's voice in Shrek 3.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I'm quite a fan of T&E, but I never really understood how they could be so smart and artistic with a lot of their skits, and then go and do scatological humor worse than the dumbest MadTV/SNL/elementary-school-level routine. Almost all of the poo poo-related skits fall flat to me. Is the joke that they're featuring really famous actors on their show just to misuse them in an incredibly disgusting/low-brow skit? I guess on that level it's pretty clever, but I never really got that impression that it was intentional.

Instead, I feel that T&E just think that gross-out diarrhea humor by itself with no additional jokes is funny. And that lets me down a little.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
doesn't every season opener have a poo poo joke that you shouldn't take at face value?

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

RustyTrombone posted:

doesn't every season opener have a poo poo joke that you shouldn't take at face value?

Are you trying to say I shouldn't take D-Pants, and Alan Thicke at face value? I don't think I want to agree with you on that one.

I personally think it was one of the best films, they done!

(Just a side note: Personally I think that the best call back they could do with this is to redo the whole episode, but switch with the actors that play them. I mean play it completely straight, even with the little scene at the end where Tim jokes about going out for drinks, but have the actors do it. It would be kinda like Tommy as in it would be awkward all the time, but I think it would sum up the show nicely.)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

RustyTrombone posted:

Seems to be their way of driving away anyone who already thinks T&E are like that anyway. "Right, now that those assholes are out of the room, let's really get started."

Dangerous for ratings but part of a long, respectable line of provocateurs in comedy.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
I think it's more they just find diarrhea product commercials amusing. I know I do.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

I love my shoooooooooooooowwwwwww

John Blaster
Aug 2, 2006

I can't fall asleep without thinking about killing people.
I'm glad you guys see the fine artistry involved with TnE. It's so hard to introduce it to other people because they just have no idea how deep it's really going. Tim and Eric are the most important film makers of our time as far as I'm concerned. So gently caress the haters and gently caress the OMG RANDOM LOL crowd.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

cheap sunglasses posted:

I think it's more they just find diarrhea product commercials amusing. I know I do.

This is it for me. Their bad Cinco products are always hilarious. Poop is just a bonus.

Your pets will loooooooook at B'owl.

Groan Zone
Nov 21, 2004

chug-a-lug, donna

hall n oates mom posted:

Tennis was one of the best episodes they've done to this point.

Oh yeah I see it now. Actually what I mean is, the tennis sketch sucked.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

glompix posted:

This is it for me. Their bad Cinco products are always hilarious. Poop is just a bonus.

Your pets will loooooooook at B'owl.

If I ever outgrow poop jokes I'll have to reevaluate my life.

NickelSkeleton
Jul 2, 2004

Put another nickel in.
Reiterating what you guys have, it's nice to see people actually appreciate the humor beyond the surface.

I've tried to explain it to friends but whenever I go on about the social commentary I'm met with glazed over eyes. I guess diarrhea filled episodes like last week don't help.

Here's to looking forward to the rest of the season.

MMmm I smell porkchops. Does your dad cook?

DarkSun6890
Sep 16, 2005
The Magic Turkey Sandwich Box and I
"You know Tim I was walking by your dressing room bathroom this afternoon, and PEE-YOU! What'd you have for lunch?"

This guy was killin' me!

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.
Me too. He looks like the kind of guy who listens to ABBA while he works out at the gym.

Edit: Also the gym exists only in 1987.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That dude is the best thing ever on TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
Oh Jesus, I want one of those RIGHT NOW

PS: GREAT JOB! YEAAAHHH!