Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I was using part of a simpsons quote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricCrapton
Dec 17, 2009
I THINK ALL WOMEN ARE DUMB BROADS

Stringer_Bell posted:

My favorite part is that Bischoff can't see Mirror Warrior. Not only does Warrior have the power to travel inside of mirror world, he selectively chooses who can see him.
I wish they would have done more with this. Maybe The Brain should have seen Warrior, but not Tony. Have different feeds going to different parts of the country, some with the Warrior in the mirror, some without.

Mirror WARRIOR could have made for a good Japanese gimmick. Like he gets his rear end kicked, then mid-match he freaks out, rubs off his facepaint to reveal different facepaint, and becomes MIIIIIIRROOOOOOOR WAARRIIIIIIIIOOOOOOORRRRRUUUUUUU!!!!

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Rusty Shackelford posted:

The rumor was that the Warrior that came back at WrestleMania 8 wasn't the same one that left in the fall of 1991. The reason was that he had a different hairstyle. That's the rumor you are thinking of.

I thought it was because he started wearing the full-body tights with his skin painted on them instead of just the shorts. So everyone thought it was another guy hiding the fact that he didn't have Warrior's muscle definition to keep passing off as him.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I like that the rumor of the Ultimate Warrior dying has an equally vivid set of rumors surrounding the reasons the rumor existed in the first place.

Let me mark this as ground zero of a new third layer of rumormongering.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I remember hearing that the Texas Tornado was the Warrior because the original one died. That was one of the big urban legends of wrestling when I was in second grade.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I heard that Stephanie McMahon accidentally killed Ultimate Warrior in a car wreck in 1990 so they had to replace him with a look alike ever since to cover it up. She almost got away with it scott-free, but don't worry, Randy Savage caught wind of the plot eventually and took care of business.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

TL posted:

I remember hearing that the Texas Tornado was the Warrior because the original one died. That was one of the big urban legends of wrestling when I was in second grade.

Picture the tassles, neon and face makeup.

I'm not shocked people thought this rumour was true.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Lone Rogue posted:

Cena stole his gimmick and made it famous.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Pneub posted:

I heard that Stephanie McMahon accidentally killed Ultimate Warrior in a car wreck in 1990 so they had to replace him with a look alike ever since to cover it up. She almost got away with it scott-free, but don't worry, Randy Savage caught wind of the plot eventually and took care of business.

I suddenly feel like taking every untrue rumor in wrestling and turning them into a fabricated "Six degrees of Randy raped Stephanie" game by bullshitting all the connections would be really fun.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I also heard the Warrior had died rumor. And I thought those clips of him throwing up were clips of his death. :D

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Lone Rogue posted:

The thing was, they both had the tassels, on the arms and the boots. I remember the rumor for how Warrior died was his tassels cut off his blood flow.

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

TL posted:

I heard this too. The Warrior died. Then each Von Erich boy took turns portraying the Ultimate Warrior in name and appearance and subsequently all died as a result.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

LightsGameraAction posted:

I suddenly feel like taking every untrue rumor in wrestling and turning them into a fabricated "Six degrees of Randy raped Stephanie" game by bullshitting all the connections would be really fun.

HBK liked to piss in ring rat's mouths. Aaaand go.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Critical posted:

Lita.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Critical posted:

He said untrue rumors.

Salt In The Wound
Oct 25, 2005

Hand Jobber Extraordinare

Matlock posted:

Lita.

I doubt El Dandy.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Salt In The Wound posted:

I doubt El Dandy.

Who are you to doubt El Dandy?

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

Critical posted:

My personal favorite wrestling rumor was that Viscera had died while driving after swerving off the road to avoid running over a kitten.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Mourning Due posted:

My personal favorite wrestling rumor was that Viscera had died while driving after swerving off the road to avoid running over a kitten.

I kind of started that one by vandalizing a wrestling news site.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

CSammich posted:

I kind of started that one by vandalizing a wrestling news site.

Vadalizing? Or CONTRIBUTING???! Perhaps to someplace that was a bit... In Your Face?!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Stringer_Bell posted:

My favorite part is that Bischoff can't see Mirror Warrior. Not only does Warrior have the power to travel inside of mirror world, he selectively chooses who can see him.

What made it worse is that the announcers could see Warrior too, so only Bischoff couldn't see him...

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Back to the TV Universe discussion for a minute.

When Judah Friedlander was on the MSG Raw as Frank, that means that Raw and 30 Rock share the same universe, right?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Back to the TV Universe discussion for a minute.

When Judah Friedlander was on the MSG Raw as Frank, that means that Raw and 30 Rock share the same universe, right?

but he wasn't on as frank. he was on as judah.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I got poo poo on for suggesting this earlier, but I still think if you show up as your fictional character only TOTALLY NOT BECAUSE I'M USING MY OWN NAME, it's really just as bad as Robocop.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

I got poo poo on for suggesting this earlier, but I still think if you show up as your fictional character only TOTALLY NOT BECAUSE I'M USING MY OWN NAME, it's really just as bad as Robocop.

Yes, clearly there is no difference between when an actor acts similar to his character even when not playing that role, and a cyborg cop from the future traveling back in time to help Sting.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

dusty udder smoker posted:

but he wasn't on as frank. he was on as judah.

Yeah, Frank from 30rock and Judah Friedlander aren't really very different.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
He was on Sesame Street as an inspector and he pretty much acted exactly like he does on 30 Rock DOES THAT MEAN HE WAS FRANK?!?

Do 30 Rock and Sesame Street inhabit the same shared universe?!

WHO loving CARES NERDS

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

CSammich posted:

Yes, clearly there is no difference between when an actor acts similar to his character even when not playing that role, and a cyborg cop from the future traveling back in time to help Sting.

Robocop wasn't from the future, he was from Detroit. :colbert:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

maniacripper posted:

Robocop wasn't from the future, he was from Detroit. :colbert:

Robocop's time period isn't directly stated, but he is clearly from the future as in his time Detroit is a rotting corpse of a city filled with crimes, drugs, and lacking any sort of an economy.

And while all of that is accurate they have also invented Robot Cops!

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

FishBulb posted:

He was on Sesame Street as an inspector and he pretty much acted exactly like he does on 30 Rock DOES THAT MEAN HE WAS FRANK?!?

Do 30 Rock and Sesame Street inhabit the same shared universe?!

WHO loving CARES NERDS

Well it's in the same universe as the Muppets, not Sesame Street.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

MassRayPer posted:

Robocop's time period isn't directly stated, but he is clearly from the future as in his time Detroit is a rotting corpse of a city filled with crimes, drugs, and lacking any sort of an economy.

And while all of that is accurate they have also invented Robot Cops!

How is that different than the Detroit of the past 50 years?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Moose Bigelow posted:

How is that different than the Detroit of the past 50 years?

There are no Robot Cops.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Renegade robot cops?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Jerusalem posted:

There are no Robert Cops.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LividLiquid posted:

Renegade robot cops?

Old Wrestling House Show Results posted:

The Renegade Defeats Scott Hall.
Hall dominated the match till Renegade's valet distracted Hall with a bottle of Scotch, causing Hall's chest to open up and a desperate scrabbling hand to emerge, allowing Renegade to jump on Hall's back and administer the Sleeper Hold.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

They knew his one weakness

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVDzuT0fXro

I was actually referencing this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
For some reason I decided to search youtube for WCW Thunder.

Goldberg vs Glacier from February of 98.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paY2FE9KUco

Scott Steiner's first match in his current persona also from February of 98. His opponent is a favorite of the Wrestling Hut 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZoB2F3CKDU

The Cat vs Reno from January 2001 when Thunder was still doing higher ratings than Impact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX9dxZOMmZk

Ok enough junk, here's something really cool. Jericho vs Flair from the first Thunder in the middle of Jericho's legendary heel turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_WIwPr7twA

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

MassRayPer posted:

For some reason I decided to search youtube for WCW Thunder.

Goldberg vs Glacier from February of 98.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paY2FE9KUco

Scott Steiner's first match in his current persona also from February of 98. His opponent is a favorite of the Wrestling Hut 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZoB2F3CKDU

The Cat vs Reno from January 2001 when Thunder was still doing higher ratings than Impact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX9dxZOMmZk

Ok enough junk, here's something really cool. Jericho vs Flair from the first Thunder in the middle of Jericho's legendary heel turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_WIwPr7twA

From the first video:

quote:

glacier was the poo poo i always liked him gently caress goldberg that loving piece of poo poo bitch boy. i dont care if he was undeafeated hes a bitch rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Save Russian Jews posted:

From the first video:

I didn't know the Iron Sheik posted youtube comments.

(gently caress Mario Lopez)